• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
wow inui how bout a 10$ money match???? or can't you make it to da next tourney???

i never said eggm sucks eggm is to good,i had a hard time,and if everyone used that same excuse you did then there would be no good reason for losing, good job inui =) ,(@ssHole)
Sure. I won't say no to free money.

gb2womb

srsly

JFox

Smash Hero
Inui you never answered my question. Do tournaments outside of NJ count or not? How do you determine which tournaments to take into account when making your lists in the future?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui you never answered my question. Do tournaments outside of NJ count or not? How do you determine which tournaments to take into account when making your lists in the future?
Yes, they do. I did say that. You need at least one in-state tournament every two months, and two tournaments total, which implies that OOS tournaments matter. Every two months, the list will be updated.

Eggm

Smash Hero
take atomsk and make sure LK goes! So we can do 5v5 Cheezit/atmosk/spammer/magus/lk against eggm/moo/jayfox/reik/bass

JFox

Smash Hero
take atomsk and make sure LK goes! So we can do 5v5 Cheezit/atmosk/spammer/magus/lk against eggm/moo/jayfox/reik/bass
A) My name is JFox. Not Jayfox, not Jasonfox, Jayfosch(hero voice lol), and not JFalco.

B) I already told you I'm working and can't come.

Edit: Inui why isn't Zang on the list? Didn't he compete in two tourneys, one being Smashtality III?

Also why isn't Velocity on the list? He competes in plenty of NJ tournaments.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
A) My name is JFox. Not Jayfox, not Jasonfox, Jayfosch(hero voice lol), and not JFalco.

Edit: Inui why isn't Zang on the list? Didn't he compete in two tourneys, one being Smashtality III?

Whatever you say JFalco :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm pretty sure that WoZ posted that Zang said he's not going to many more tournaments or something along those lines.

Does PA still have tournaments? :confused: If they do then that might be why

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
I want to play in a tournament, but there's nothing that close. Except for Terabyte, I had to go to my cousins that day. :(

Inui

Banned via Warnings

What was the other one?

Velocity doesn't want to be. He also actually plays in PA. And Magus lives right on the border of the state and only plays in NJ. :o

dmbrandon

Smash Master
yo tunes, I'll go to cheez's and fill in for the crew match.

I sure would need a ride though. v_v;

Eggm

Smash Hero
We still have 4 and we live 10 minutes or less from the tourny lol, and Trebles gonna show up after work forsingles @ like 2:30, maybe crews can be after singles, I don't like fill ins anyway whats the point of having crews? Lol.

JFox

Smash Hero
What was the other one?

Velocity doesn't want to be. He also actually plays in PA. And Magus lives right on the border of the state and only plays in NJ. :o
Velocity lives on the border of NJ, he lives in Philly. Whos to say he isn't close enough to be considered a NJ player? Oh wait...is it maybe the geographic border line set by the river that separates Philly and Camden?

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't someone wanting or not wanting to be on a list irrelevant? There were pros complaining that they didn't want to be on the original power rankings, and their request was denied.

Bottom line, rules should be set in stone, not at the discretion of the [biased] panelists.

Edit: I'd like to see some tournament results from the last two months for the following players: AlexanderTriad, Lord Knight, and Magus.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I don't like fill ins anyway whats the point of having crews? Lol.
Well, I thought you would have to skip the event because people couldn't show.

The point of crews is to create a clique-y and biased smash world, so we all eventually hate each other... Ask Lindsay Lohan!

Velocity

Smash Lord
everyone stop talking about me in here im a pa player ;) and if pa ever gets to do power rankings like ive pressed for months then ill be on there *sigh* i still love nj though atleast the people the state itself sucks though.

, , , , , insert these where you like in the above statement

pockyD

Smash Legend
=\ PA sucks

it's just way too big (esp since everyone is on the edges except mow/cape) to have any statewide tournaments

Reik

Smash Ace
Last tourny i remember zang being in other than Smashtality 3 was... gauntlet?
Wha? Zang was in a tournament besides Smashtality 3? I asked Inui and he said he had only entered that one tournament. xD Was that after the February list update? If so then Zang should be in at #2. If Ryoko had entered one more singles tournament besides Pound 2 then he would be in too. xD

Velocity lives on the border of NJ, he lives in Philly. Whos to say he isn't close enough to be considered a NJ player? Oh wait...is it maybe the geographic border line set by the river that separates Philly and Camden?
I think the logic Inui and I used when talking about who should be counted for the NJ list was something like: If you live outside NJ, but ONLY compete in NJ within the time considered for the rankings, then you're on the NJ rankings list. I assume this means if you enter any OOS tournament, even one not from your home state, you can't be on the NJ rankings. (Not totally sure.)

The rule is pretty obviously made for Magus, but even though it's THP-biased I think it's a decent rule. It would be annoying to decide if people have played more or less in NJ compared to home state/other states to put them on the rankings. If anyone can think of a better system please make suggestions.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't someone wanting or not wanting to be on a list irrelevant? There were pros complaining that they didn't want to be on the original power rankings, and their request was denied.
Yeah, it's irrelevant.

Bottom line, rules should be set in stone, not at the discretion of the [biased] panelists.
/agree
After we get an updated rules list, keep pushing for more specific rules J if anything's not clear. :)

Edit: I'd like to see some tournament results from the last two months for the following players: AlexanderTriad, Lord Knight, and Magus.
There's probably like one tournament, if anything for those guys in the last two months. I know Magus entered the first Cheezit tournament.
(**** it, Cheezit! Whenever I read about/post anything with your name in it, I get hungry for Cheezits. Change your name! Augh.)

Remember, the list we currently have now is based on everything from mid-February (when the last list was made) to Pound 2.

JFox

Smash Hero
I am simply putting the panelists to the test. If they made a fair list, and did there research on tournament placings they SHOULD have no problem with these questions.

Didn't Ryoko enter a bi-weekly? Wasn't there a bi-weekly where Reik & Eggm beat m2k and Ryoko in teams, and than they came back and won it from losers? In that same tournament, didn't Ryoko compete in singles?

Also what about the tournament where Killa Fleet showed up? Wasn't here there for that one? You guys need to have more extensive information on player activity, and not just assume people have played/not played.

For christ sake, ya didn't even know that WoZ was so inactive until he mentioned it himself. Ya think everyone is gonna do that? Cmon, do some research here.

I'm becoming a panelist.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
(**** it, Cheezit! Whenever I read about/post anything with your name in it, I get hungry for Cheezits. Change your name! Augh.).

Reik i could change my name to Ritz crackers or gold fish if it makes you less hungry? :p

yah magus competed in singles at both my events.

Guys also if you are coming to my tourney please sign up online i don't wanna hear crying when you have to pay 5$ extra for each event its this saturday! Its gonna be AmAzIng

Reik

Smash Ace
I am simply putting the panelists to the test. If they made a fair list, and did there research on tournament placings they SHOULD have no problem with these questions.
/agree again :)

Didn't Ryoko enter a bi-weekly? Wasn't there a bi-weekly where Reik & Eggm beat m2k and Ryoko in teams, and than they came back and won it from losers? In that same tournament, didn't Ryoko compete in singles?
Yeah, I checked that before I made my previous post because I was wondering the same thing. He's not listed in any of the singles results in the TSA biweeklies thread.

I'm becoming a panelist.
/agree again again

Top Bottom