• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Pikachu Libre angers me to no end.

If the one Pokemon I wanted in Hawlucha gets looked over for a female Pikachu in a dumb costume.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Did you see the Metroid one that GameXplain played through earlier? Love seeing the creativity..... and the game isn't even out yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these kinds of levels.
Yeah I did! My one worry is the uncustomizable time limit, you're locked at 500 seconds and that's gonna be a problem for less straightforward levels like the Metroid one.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*looks up word to find the meaning*
*sees a bad picture and closes internet browser*
*O_O*

Might as well as wash my hands of it. The internet can be unpredictable and bad sometimes.
You...

You didn't know what that word meant?

How old are you mate? That's an important thing to know.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
*looks up word to find the meaning*
*sees a bad picture and closes internet browser*
*O_O*

Might as well as wash my hands of it. The internet can be unpredictable and bad sometimes.
Indeed it can.

Dark Pit is so good in this game. Like holy crap. And the victory theme after you win is satisfying compared to Pit's and Palutena's.
Maybe I'm cheating though listening to this.
Why is this not in the Game :sadsheep:
It is, it's called Thunder Cloud Temple. :troll:

Dark Pit is so good in this game. Like holy crap. And the victory theme after you win is satisfying compared to Pit's and Palutena's.
Maybe I'm cheating though listening to this.
Why is this not in the Game :sadsheep:
hes same reason "reset bomb forest" does not play on the stage "reset bomb forest." There isn't a very good one.
(although one could argue that the sky tracks are very clearly meant not to be looped. . .)

Easily one of my favorite KI songs and I assumed it was a shoo-in. How wrong I was.
Indeed it can.

Shhhhh. People will make comparisons how that is a slower version of the song like smash 4 is a slower version of melee

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
You...

You didn't know what that word meant?

How old are you mate? That's an important thing to know.
I'm actually 16 years old right now. I was a sort of closed off from that stuff when I was raised. So, I never really learned what the word meant. Better late than never I guess.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Indeed it can.

Ach. That's just the poor man's version of it :dazwa:

hes same reason "reset bomb forest" does not play on the stage "reset bomb forest." There isn't a very good one.
(although one could argue that the sky tracks are very clearly meant not to be looped. . .)

Easily one of my favorite KI songs and I assumed it was a shoo-in. How wrong I was.

Shhhhh. People will make comparisons how that is a slower version of the song like smash 4 is a slower version of melee
Uprising from what I have heard has a really good soundtrack.
I really, really want to play the game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
If Nintendo does go with some type of cartridge format, I think it would be a very smart thing of them to do. Discs nowadays have a lower storage limit than SD Cards (which I assume the format may be based off of) and longer load times. With SD Cards/cartridges, you would have faster load times. You could also (provided the game is re-writeable) update the game itself (and not load the data separately from a different device like how most game consoles do that).

This could turn out into a very neat concept if it's used well.
....so, how do you prevent reading the game from "unauthorized" devices?

Like, I am sure they don;t want people to have a dump of the rom of their game easily.....

no kidding, you had to have one of the couple cd drive available in the world to rip a gc game.....

and yet we have the abomination that is ssb4 engage the enemy
Not as bad as the very awkward cuts in the medley. . .
Ach. That's just the poor man's version of it :dazwa:

Uprising from what I have heard has a really good soundtrack.
I really, really want to play the game.
The music is fantastic. I like every single song in the game and have listened to the entire OST as a playlist while doing homework/studying a few times before.. The way the music flows with the action during the flying section is handled very well also.

And the gameplay is pretty fantastic too :troll:

Of course it is my favorite game of all time so i am a little bias

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
....so, how do you prevent reading the game from "unauthorized" devices?

Like, I am sure they don;t want people to have a dump of the rom of their game easily.....

no kidding, you had to have one of the couple cd drive available in the world to rip a gc game.....
Eh... you really can't. There will always be hackers trying to rip games. That's pretty much inevitable. The Wii U is already experiencing that and its been out for a couple of years.

I think Nintendo can at least come up with a temporary solution with maybe a new encryption. They could also just make a proprietary cartridge based off of an SD Card. They've already did that for there disc formats on the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
You mean Xenoblade Chronicles Medley?
A perfect remix of Gaur Plains was wasted on that
nah there are really jarring cuts in the original
see ~1:35
although the xb medley is kinda... yeah

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Eh... you really can't. There will always be hackers trying to rip games. That's pretty much inevitable. The Wii U is already experiencing that and its been out for a couple of years.

I think Nintendo can at least come up with a temporary solution with maybe a new encryption. They could also just make a proprietary cartridge based off of an SD Card. They've already did that for there disc formats on the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U.
no the way i meant this is there should be protection that on CD.....well the fact that you make it read only helps and it;s cheaper = it;s easier to have proprietary.

SD cards.....well i don;t see why they wouldn't want to have it read only....which would mean they should do it proprietary (most sd cards as a switch) and it shoudl cost more....

At the end of the day, what the heck you did that was worth it? it's jsut physical storage.....as long as it does that it's going to store the same thing. The only thing you can improve is having better speed than cd.....but then if it costs more....you have to deal with third parties.....

i really don't get it.....

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
nah there are really jarring cuts in the original
see ~1:35
although the xb medley is kinda... yeah
They actually pieces of the song out.

Not as jarring in the original original.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So things just got even more interesting with the patent. A person on NeoGaf looked throughout the entire patent and found some more interesting things.
upload_2015-8-21_20-35-12.png
Basically...
1.) All signs are pointing to it being the NX
2.) The console will most likely have different variations (similar to the Steam Machine). This potentially means a digital only variation and a physical media variation.
3.) Can speed up and slow down load times at will.
4.) Potential Wii U Gamepad Support.
That is a lot to take in here. Excuse me while I throw my money at the screen.

(https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/c...s_patent_application_for_stationary/?sort=new)

Last edited:

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Does anyone else play For Fun online? I have been playing a lot of that mode recently. It's a blast.

Frisk.

Child of Mercy
At the end of the day, no matter how powerful the system is or what sort of features it may use, it will be the games that decide whether or not this console will be worth purchasing. If Nintendo can secure 3rd party support and put out a very good selection of launch titles with promise of a steady flow of quality games coming afterwards, then that should set up the NX to be a successful console for the consumer and for Nintendo.

I personally don't like to speculate or research all of the rumours about the NX or any unconfirmed thing for that matter. I'm content waiting until Nintendo shows us what they want to show us. I just hope that it's good.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
>Still doing exclusive amiibo deals

Seriously, Nintendo, everyone and every place should have access to those amiibos
i rather order amiibos online like ebay or amazon than to deal with the exclusive nonsense. i already got olimar, bowser jr, and the dreaded dr mario amiibo, making me have all the current amiibo. already preordered the retro 3 pack.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
DoodleSamurai..... please. post: 19982909 said:
Just got a bomb playing as Peach.
Little Mas was KO'd in 20 seconds.
La-La-la-la.:4peach:
No more RNG, Sakurai....... please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom