• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The new membership thing to succeed Club Nintendo could involve sharing the custom games...

Reminds me of Linux as well. I wonder if this could be Nintendo's take on the concept and applying it to dedicated video game systems. Could be really awesome, but I'm a bit afraid that such a novelty could flop as well.
As long as they have some quality control to it, I can see it being as big as Steam.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
As long as they have some quality control to it, I can see it being as big as Steam.
Steam's still big despite the lack of quality control (EG. Anything Digital Homicide have put out)
It needs to do what Steam did but be different.

Last edited:

Chrono.

tfw someone compares a roster in a fighting game to that of a racing game because both Mario Kart 8 and Pokken have multiple posterboy characters. Postergirl in Pokken's case though
Pokken's roster is pretty much perfect for a starter roster.

You got the faces of the franchise (Pika2s and, arguably, Lucario and Charizard), Very popular Pokemon in general (Gengar, Gard, Blaziken, Weavile) and of course Machamp, "The" Fighting type.

The only real out of the blue Pokemon was Suicune, and that's a cover legendary.

I'll admit Pikachu Libre is a... weird choice (especially with Hawlucha being a very popular Pokemon itself), but for a roster that's gonna get updated as time goes on, it's great.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Pokken's roster is pretty much perfect for a starter roster.

You got the faces of the franchise (Pika2s and, arguably, Lucario and Charizard), Very popular Pokemon in general (Gengar, Gard, Blaziken, Weavile) and of course Machamp, "The" Fighting type.

The only real out of the blue Pokemon was Suicune, and that's a cover legendary.

I'll admit Pikachu Libre is a... weird choice (especially with Hawlucha being a very popular Pokemon itself), but for a roster that's gonna get updated as time goes on, it's great.
May I use this as copy pasta or a quote if the dip**** whines again? Also, wasn't Gengar put in because the devs made a Poke Ballot with Gengar winning?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Just bringing this up because I like to be helpful.
@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei @ PushDustIn PushDustIn @--- @Firus @Neo Zero
Maybe it would be best is PushDustIn's post of the new rules was transferred over to the first post because currently we have this:

Welcome to the new NintenZone Social thread. Given this is a social, pretty much anything goes so long as it does not violate any ofSWF's Global Rules. Ex. Double Posting (please use the edit button), Media only posts (count as spam), flaming, censor dodging and inappropriate content, advertising,
Please report and ignore any posts you think are problematic. If you have questions, feel free to tag or PM a Staff member. Though if you wish to contest a Staff ruling or site policy, please PM the given Staff member or make a thread in the Forum Support boards; lets not try to keep the thread positive and on-topic.
Given what we have said above, Leak/Rumor discussion is naturally allowed, but we do ask you not to create any rumors/leaks directly on SWF nor to make a new thread for the given rumor/leak or rumors/leaks in general without consulting a Staff Member.
Gaming as a whole can be found in the Light House boards, and Mario/Zelda/Pokemon discussion threads belong in their respective sub-forums.
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1 (Currently playing USF4)
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo2 (Currently playing Melee)
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo3 (Currently playing Persona 4 Arena)
http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo4 (Currently playing Sm4sh)
Last I checked these streams were done and "Dust"ed.
It was my idea for Swamp to put them there too :p
Just a thought :4ness:

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This could be a return to the disc drive!! Games can finally read and write the whole game. For example in Zelda (Oot) the player was going to be able to modify their whole game world through the capability of the disc drive. If a bush was cut it would overwrite the original data of it existing.

Memory cards or carts actually have that benefit over discs!!
....ok really I don;t get it.

There;s savefile and the game,. ok what exactly changed?

I know cart costs higher, but I don;t get how it is positive.....

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Personally, I am not a fan of Namco's new 'release a barebones roster and update it' shenanigans they're doing with Tekken 7 and Pokken. They used to be *the* premier company at releasing massive, well designed, well balanced rosters. A dozen characters is great for the average fighting game, but for a Namco fighting game, it's just a huge step backwards.

D

Deleted member

The only thing I want from Wii U Pokken is a Gen 5 and a Gen 6 Pokemon.
And we all know who is Gen 5's equivalent of Lucario
Rip Hawlucha tho
We still got Aegislash for a Gen 6 Pokemon, r-r-right?

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Not relevant enoughh, New3DS Cartridge, now THAT'S where it's at!
Nah, Sakurai likes the retro picks. Maybe the New3DS cartridge will be an alt costume or something. I'd like to see the rest of the alts be SNES, GB, DS, Virtual Boy, N64 and GBA.

And these could be their Final Smash costumes......

You know what..... we might be on to something here. :surprised:

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i remember multiple fake leaks saying one of the ssb4 characters would be just
a game boy

Chrono.

Personally, I am not a fan of Namco's new 'release a barebones roster and update it' shenanigans they're doing with Tekken 7 and Pokken. They used to be *the* premier company at releasing massive, well designed, well balanced rosters. A dozen characters is great for the average fighting game, but for a Namco fighting game, it's just a huge step backwards.
Can't really defend Tekken 7, but Pokken is a new thing. Perhaps they just didn't want to blow their load so soon?

Chrono.

MidwestProfessor (the guy who was uploading all that Mario Maker stuff) got Nintendo'd.

All his stuff is gone.

Ivander

Smash Legend
The only thing I want from Wii U Pokken is a Gen 5 and a Gen 6 Pokemon.
And we all know who is Gen 5's equivalent of Lucario
Rip Hawlucha tho
We still got Aegislash for a Gen 6 Pokemon, r-r-right?
I'm pretty sure Pikachu Libre does not stop Hawlucha. And last time I checked, Tekken has King and Armor King. What's to stop them from using Pikachu Libre and Hawlucha?

I do hope they show a Gen 5 & Gen 6 Pokemon soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zoroark(The Gen 5 Mascot) and Greninja (The Smash Newcomer), but I do hope for Golurk and Heliolisk. But I'm still hoping for Scizor and at least one Fossil Pokemon(hopefully either Kabutops, Aerodactyl or Tyrantrum).

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Can't really defend Tekken 7, but Pokken is a new thing. Perhaps they just didn't want to blow their load so soon?
A new thing based on an IP with a million characters.

I remember when Pokken was first announced, and hoping like hell it'd be a Tekken crossover like that Nobunaga's Ambition game. Just like, the same old insane Tekken storyline except everybody's a Pokemon trainer instead of a martial artist.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm pretty sure Pikachu Libre does not stop Hawlucha. And last time I checked, Tekken has King and Armor King. What's to stop them from using Pikachu Libre and Hawlucha?
Over 700 other Pokémon choices, each with their own fanbase and moveset potential. The thing with the Kings is that Tekken makes their own characters, Pokken is drawing from a huge pool of potential Pokemon vying for the chance to get on the roster and moveset-wise. So hypothetically the team could want more diversity considering the cast.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
RE: Shovel Knight Amiibo.

Didn't that get disproved like... a while ago? Like, before page 820 (or whenever it was posted...)
I mean that is the smashified art soooooo....

It probably was some sort of ruse lmao :p

RE: NX patent.
I really don't think they are going to go digital only lol.

I do like @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's theory tho.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
If Nintendo does go with some type of cartridge format, I think it would be a very smart thing of them to do. Discs nowadays have a lower storage limit than SD Cards (which I assume the format may be based off of) and longer load times. With SD Cards/cartridges, you would have faster load times. You could also (provided the game is re-writeable) update the game itself (and not load the data separately from a different device like how most game consoles do that).

This could turn out into a very neat concept if it's used well.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Nintendo going back to cartridges just seems like a step backwards.I can't picture how many 3rd parties would willing make cartridges for this one system when they can make a disc versions and sell it on two other consoles.Just seems backwards

D

Deleted member

I do hope they show a Gen 5 & Gen 6 Pokemon soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Zoroark(The Gen 5 Mascot) and Greninja (The Smash Newcomer), but I do hope for Golurk and Heliolisk. But I'm still hoping for Scizor and at least one Fossil Pokemon(hopefully either Kabutops, Aerodactyl or Tyrantrum).
Tbh, I would like pretty much any Gen5 Pokemon
I guess I'll have to take Weavile
I like Dark type, ninja-like Pokemon:4greninja:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Basically, a guy who was promoted by Subway. He had a Subway focused diet and got pretty popular for it. He was recently prosecuted for pedophilia.
Well okay.:drfacepalm:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You never seen a Jared ad? They've been running for 70% of your life.
I rarely see Subway adds in general. Then again I only watch the history and game show channels anymore.

And I'm playing through The Last Story.

It's got some problems but still is quite fun.

Best part is the story.

Err...

The Last Story isn't your typical JRPG about saving the world or moral quandaries, in fact there's not much of that.

This is, above all else, a love story.

And it's a good one. There's no angsty teenage "will they or won't they." No love triangles.

It's just two individuals who are both attracted to each other very early on stuck in disappointing circumstances.

It's beautiful. :D

Now here's a question for you guys who haven't played it.

Did you expect The Last Story to sound anything like I just described it?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
For people who don't get the read/ write concept:

The game would turn into a huge memory card. Anything and everything you do can be recorded. It might be easiest to imagine this concept with the new Zelda.

Link runs into a tree and causes the fruit to fall out. That is saved into the game. If Link tries to run into the same tree again days later, the fruit is still gone. Every action you do will have a permanent impact on the game world. It's like Animal Crossing but on super steroids.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
People over at BitBlock made a DKC inspired level and it looks pretty good.

Did you see the Metroid one that GameXplain played through earlier? Love seeing the creativity..... and the game isn't even out yet. I'm really looking forward to seeing more of these kinds of levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom