• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Bye Roger Smith. You got me in a **** load of trouble as a persona.

Time to be just me. Just the regular dude under the alien skin and the bright wigs.

Don't worry just me is pretty similar anyways. You know....just minus wigs and being an alien.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I wonder how many dogs are playable in Mario Maker total?

DHD, Digby, Isabelle, is KK playable?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Famitsu Column on being a director by Sakurai! Translated by Soma!

By the way, I'll be releasing what characters are topping the online discussion In Japan within the next 12 hours. It's not the rankings (or a pie chart), because I haven't finished my research quite yet. Ive read over 600 comments so it won't be that inaccurate, but I don't want to commit to a ranking until I'm finished.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Famitsu Column on being a director by Sakurai! Translated by Soma!

By the way, I'll be releasing what characters are topping the online discussion In Japan within the next 12 hours. It's not the rankings (or a pie chart), because I haven't finished my research quite yet. Ive read over 600 comments so it won't be that inaccurate, but I don't want to commit to a ranking until I'm finished.
tumblr_m7gkb4MAso1r5dp57.png

I'm nervous.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's fake.

Pretty sure that's where the FE characters go.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Is there still a chance that Paper Mario could be a costume, though? I'm not sure if the rest of the Mario costumes have been shown off.

Chrono.

Paper is kill.

for now...

Is there still a chance that Paper Mario could be a costume, though? I'm not sure if the rest of the Mario costumes have been shown off.
Yeah there's still a sizable chunk we don't know about.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I did believed that leak for about 2 minutes and I Ludlow be honest: not really, I really do not see the point.

Paper Mario when put in 8bit is much harder to tell the difference and you anyway looses what describes him the most, the fact that he;s thin.

You can;t even have slight gradient, seriously, i would be mind blown if this happens which is why I was shocked when I was linked to it.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Well, there are 3 more possible spaces...so maybe if he is in, he might take up one of those places. But I guess that other image is faked then...
a lot of these placements are speculative. like, all of the second and third rows outside of yoshi and the dk characters
there's still ample space for him to hypothetically be there

also i think it's weird we haven't seen bowser jr yet

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I want Rayman in Super Mario Maker so bad.

It's not an out of this world expectation either. Michel Ancel is working on the game.
I thought he just made a level for the game?

Well, there are 3 more possible spaces...so maybe if he is in, he might take up one of those places. But I guess that other image is faked then...
Still awaiting Daisy ;-; I mean, Paper Mario isnt all that impossible. We got Mario Kart for Crust's sake

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

Still awaiting Daisy ;-; I mean, Paper Mario isnt all that impossible. We got Mario Kart for Crust's sake
I'd love Daisy to appear. I feel like if she didn't, then Nintendo must have some weird policy against her inclusion outside of the sport games...which I hope isn't the case...

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

daisy is super ok to do because the color not being the same = it;s fine.

mario in kart is good too, the shape is not the same and you add a kart = very fine.

Paper Mario is just not. if you pixelise him, he will at least look way too similar from mario.....

I really don;t see the point tbh.....

Chrono.

mario in kart is good too, the shape is not the same and you add a kart = very fine.

Paper Mario is just not. if you pixelise him, he will at least look way too similar from mario.....

Eh, in a game where a Gold, Silver and freaking "MODERN" Mario are in, Paper would actually stand out a bit.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Eh, in a game where a Gold, Silver and freaking "MODERN" Mario are in, Paper would actually stand out a bit.
....no you chaneg the color.

Like this is just the limitation of 8bit, you can;t express this much details to make both look different, they have a similar color scheme and they even share a similar shape.

The main difference you had with the shape is lost because you pixelise, so no 3d for BOTH variations and seeing the pixels does make the overall model less detailed.

Look, paper luigi would stand out.....

But paper mario? no. And my paper luigi example is only valid if luigi isn't there....which I doubt.....

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well, imo, despite how much Paper Mario may stand out to the 8-Bit Mario sprite by comparison, I think him being there period would be awesome. But to each their own.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Its to represent. Were celebrating Mario, and Paper Mario isnt an unnoticeable spin off. Besides, that fake pixelized Mario looks great, and you could tell the difference between it and the regular Mario's

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Its to represent. Were celebrating Mario, and Paper Mario isnt an unnoticeable spin off. Besides, that fake pixelized Mario looks great, and you could tell the difference between it and the regular Mario's
I really am unsure if i would like some distance to my monitor while I am not looking at him with a telescope.

It;s made to be small and to be looked from a distance.....you could easily make difference with colors or shape.....but the shape here is like so much similar.

and you still losses any way of felling paper.....

I really don't think "standing out" means much when we have 16-bit Sonic.
....I still don;t get it though....how is it making much of a difference?

Not to mention Pink and Blue versions of the latter.
that;s like night and day, i could tell at least the color name far from a screen......

So TL;DR, Paper Mario can still work :smirk:
I really don;t think so.

Well, imo, despite how much Paper Mario may stand out to the 8-Bit Mario sprite by comparison, I think him being there period would be awesome. But to each their own.
it would be....there's just not much point to do it.....

Guys, going tbh, I had this idea way before leaks came and I really still am not convinced it could work.

plus.....
yeah, 3 is so low so it;s so unlikely.....

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I still can't find the first 4chan thread that people are talking about in the link here ;_;
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/307096139#p307097972

So I found the thread and it turns out that in Zelda U's Multiplayer mode you can play as Link's younger sister in Co-op and she uses a Mojo Baton.

What the heck is a Mojo Baton? Lol XD :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom