• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Quick check: this is fake/fanart, correct?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had two cool Animal Crossing ideas though I doubt they'd be DLC. Smash 5 maybe.

STAGE: Main Street

Based off the main street behind the station in Animal Crossing New Leaf. Players fight on top of the buildings with a gap in the middle and two gaps at the sides. As the fight goes on the buildings get upgraded, changing the layout as a screen goes around it and the new store is built

CHARACTER: Tom Nook

While the villager is based around the day to day life of Smashville, Tom Nook's gameplay is derived from the true goal, investment. Tom has a Bell Bag that he uses for certain attacks and if those attacks connect they adds bells to the bag. When the Bag is full Tom's Special attacks are powered up but using them drains the bag. That mechanic is all I've got so far other than all of Tom's alts being his different outfits from across the series but I think its a good starting point.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
New Famitsu column. It's mainly about the petting mini-game in Fire Emblem Fates, and ties it into Smash a bit. That's all I'll say about it, until we finish translating it :p. It's more about game design than anything else, so I'm sure you guys won't be too surprised.

No talk about the new DLC stage pack or costumes.

New Famitsu column. It's mainly about the petting mini-game in Fire Emblem Fates, and ties it into Smash a bit. That's all I'll say about it, until we finish translating it :p. It's more about game design than anything else, so I'm sure you guys won't be too surprised.

No talk about the new DLC stage pack or costumes.
You may want to post that into the k rool thread. A few of them have been itching for that column since the patch.

I would but im leaving for work.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
You may want to post that into the k rool thread. A few of them have been itching for that column since the patch.

I would but im leaving for work.
Okay, I gave them the bad news.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Quick check: this is fake/fanart, correct?

Okay yes, we know this is fake, but I can't recognise 1 of the symbols
Going from top Left to right:
We have Ice Climber, Nintendoland, Golden Sun
And on the bottom we have:
Chibi-Robo, Wonderful 101, and the one I don't recognise.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Okay yes, we know this is fake, but I can't recognise 1 of the symbols
Going from top Left to right:
We have Ice Climber, Nintendoland, Golden Sun
And on the bottom we have:
Chibi-Robo, Wonderful 101, and the one I don't recognise.
Rythm Heaven I think.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I'm sorry to bring you bad news, but Etika is just a part of Robin's Final Smash. This will be the actual newcomer instead:
He surely tipped the scales on Gematsu :troll:.
Okay, this has video-footage... I'm busted.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Okay, this has video-footage... I'm busted.
Sorry, yours was just a photoshopped Little Mac.
Now if Etika were to be in the game, he would probably need an alternate costume that is turned into a clone. I think I've found the perfect solution.

:troll:

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Since there's not much to talk about regarding Smash, did anyone play Splatoon last night?? Good LORD the Slosher is the best weapon ever. It carried me to B+ :bluejump:

D

Deleted member

I wish I had Splatoon right now :'^)

Btw, when's the tourney tomorrow?
If possible, already converted to Japan's time zone

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
So I know we have found nothing in datamining the Japanese version of the patch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but I have a crazy suggestion, what if we datamine all of the patch versions, meaning the Pal version, American and Japanese version. And hey we might not find anything, but it never hurt to check now did it.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So I know we have found nothing in datamining the Japanese version of the patch of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS, but I have a crazy suggestion, what if we datamine all of the patch versions, meaning the Pal version, American and Japanese version. And hey we might not find anything, but it never hurt to check now did it.
Dataming takes a lot of work. It takes a really long time just to scour bits of data. I don't think people would want to put the time and effort into every variation of Smash 4 as they probably have lives. Smash 4 does have a lot of versions out there. There was even a newer version of the game that just released in Taiwan (that hasn't even been datamined yet as well). So it's really unlikely to happen soon (and I think Nintendo has learned from their mistakes).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Dataming takes a lot of work. It takes a really long time just to scour bits of data. I don't think people would want to put the time and effort into every variation of Smash 4 as they probably have lives. Smash 4 does have a lot of versions out there. There was even a newer version of the game that just released in Taiwan (that hasn't even been datamined yet as well). So it's really unlikely to happen soon (and I think Nintendo has learned from their mistakes).
Yeah, we got lucky with the everything related to Roy and Ryu. Lightning won't strike twice here. We got a few more months until the end of the ballot and expect probably 1-2 more pre ballot characters.

At this point just enjoy the ride.

D

Deleted member

Picture this:
Chrom gets revealed
The salt flows through everyone
Riots arise
The fanbases go mad
Nintendo laughs
The end of the world as we know

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I doubt the team will make the same mistake twice that they did with Royu.

Only thing we know is that there are two slots allocated with Mario filler data. We don't tknow whether that means two more pre-ballots, or only two ballot characters.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So for the next characters revealed, do you guys think we are in for some surprises? Like on the level of Wii Fit Trainer or Duck Hunt Dog?

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Entering the thread like:

Nothing new has been going on right?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So for the next characters revealed, do you guys think we are in for some surprises? Like at the level of Wii Fit Trainer or Duck Hunt Dog?
No, they're DLC characters. They have to sell themselves. I think we'll be surprised but with characters that are more popular with the general public like Daisy than our darlings like K. Rool or Isaac.

Isaac would be a nice suprise for me though, he's apparently popular in France. I wonder if Xander gets paid extra for all the variations he has to do for characters that got their names translated. They could recycle Robin for his Japanese name.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love to see Isaac being added despite never playing Golden Sun, because I would have an excuse to play it
Still, I doubt he will get in as DLC

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Entering the thread like:

Nothing new has been going on right?
Thread's been dead since last night. We got nothing. No gaming or off-topic news, everyone is probably off playing Splatoon and the thread is dead.

Unless you wanna bring up a topic for something.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
So, we're getting the petting mini-game in Smash now? :troll:

Lord have mercy.
Can't wait to pet Wario until his affection level is raised high enough that he can sometimes ignore flower-poison, shield-break-paralysis, daze-confusion, Charizard and Bowser's firebreath attacks, and Jigglypuff's sleep.

D

Deleted member

Can't wait to pet Wario until his affection level is raised high enough that he can sometimes ignore flower-poison, shield-break-paralysis, daze-confusion, Charizard and Bowser's firebreath attacks, and Jigglypuff's sleep.
"I'm-a Wario! I'm-a gonna win! FOR KENBO!" *reks everyone*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom