• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I swear if Mega Bidoof is dead I'm gonna go to hell and kick his ass. He better not be.

Do you guys ever feel guilty when you are on a bandwagon.
I pretty much spent all of smash 4 speculation until around robin's trailer.
Ridley, krool, pac man, mewtwo, impa, medusa and a few other characters i dont even remember.

Only one i still support is ridley. I outright dislike one of them.

Also i spent all of brawl wanting geno and krystal. Yeah.

I wouldnt feel bad because there is probably another reason to like the character. Just a preference. I feel bad for jumping on so many and worrying solely about reps in the past though.

Chrono.

I guess me supporting Shulk counts as bandwagoning? I only really wanted him because the Monado looks cool lol

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This is going to sound outright weird, but I've never really grew up with Smash Bros. I only joined the community because I was hyped for the next Smash Bros. game (Smash 4). I did the same thing with Mario Kart 8 and left. The only thing I did differently here is that I stayed so long, I got comfortable and just decided to stay. I now have a full dedication to the series now and I really enjoy it.

Now in terms of characters I really would like. I never really wanted any as when I started getting hyped for Smash 4, the game was almost ready to release. The game getting DLC kind of helps me as I sort of get a "2nd Chance" if you will. In terms of right now, I don't know who I really want. I just want to be really surprised :p.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This is going to sound outright weird, but I've never really grew up with Smash Bros. I only joined the community because I was hyped for the next Smash Bros. game (Smash 4). I did the same thing with Mario Kart 8 and left. The only thing I did differently here is that I stayed so long, I got comfortable and just decided to stay. I now have a full dedication to the series now and I really enjoy it.

Now in terms of characters I really would like. I never really wanted any as when I started getting hyped for Smash 4, the game was almost ready to release. The game getting DLC kind of helps me as I sort of get a "2nd Chance" if you will. In terms of right now, I don't know who I really want. I just want to be really surprised :p.
This is me too.

I never really speculated anything for Smash 4, I only really joined it AFTER the huge ESRB leak blew up. Before that I didn't know anything that was going on, nor really supported any characters for that reason (though I still wanted Shulk in).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have never bandwagon supported a character. I have played or beaten at least one game from every character I support.
Except Excitebike. I have TECHNICALLY never played the actual game. Only through NES Remix.

Luckily, this "bandwagon" is quite roomy. *cries*

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
lol there's a GBA SFII game on the VC, why would anyone do it if there's no multiplayer? Also, are there 3D SF games?
Super Street Fighter IV 3D edition for 3DS is the only one that comes to mind

Unless you want Ultra SFIV which is basically the definitive edition for PS3, 360, PS4 and PC

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
I'm so bored... I need to go to a wedding in 2 days and idk how to get time around, so I had this idea:

Since I'm so bored, tell me...

1. A character.
  2. A tagline.
  3. The artwork I should use.
With that info, I'll create a splash-screen like above. THAT'S HOW BORED I AM. So please, suggestions?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

Chrono.

I'm so bored... I need to go to a wedding in 2 days and idk how to get time around, so I had this idea:

1. A character.
  2. A tagline.
With that info, I'll create a splash-screen like above. THAT'S HOW BORED I AM. So please, suggestions?
  1. Tails
  2. I have no idea, not good with that kind of stuff
  3. go nuts
You don't gotta do it though aha

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
During Brawl, I was rooting HARD for Olimar up until his reveal. Plenty of my friends bombarded me with "HE'S IN!!" messages and the like. My other Brawl hopefuls were Animal Crosser (now Villager), Isaac, Ridley, Little Mac, and Sukapon for the G&W-retro character.

I also went into the depths of my old posts and found the following from November 22, 2007:
I'm going to main Pit (I wanted to since 2006 E3), Olimar (assuming he's in, he's my favorite possible newcommer), and Diddy maybe (he looks unique). I'd like to see what other characters do before I determine my last main (the first 2 are set in stone).

2007 me was such a scrub. Couldn't even spell newcomer right. And Diddy? Plz no.

D

Deleted member

1. A character.
  2. A tagline.
Wonder-Red
"Wonder-Red unites up!" Or something like that
His official artwork because that's already great
Thanks in advance

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, Nintendo apparently is open to the idea of promoting Yooka-Laylee.
(http://wiiudaily.com/2015/08/nintendo-could-help-promote-yooka-laylee/)
(Article in Spoiler)
Scott Moffitt says don’t rule out Nintendo helping promote Yooka-Laylee
Nintendo of America’s executive VP of sales Scott Moffitt has certainly had a busy week talking to the press. Earlier this week he discussed how Nintendo views feedback from fans and that while it takes such feedback into consideration heavily, Moffitt admitted that Nintendo does not follow industry trends. The Examiner recently caught up with him again to discuss whether or not Nintendo would have a hand in promoting Yooka-Laylee, a buddy platformer homage to Banjo-Kazooie from the same Rare employees that worked on the original series.
Moffitt was quick to point out that Nintendo has a great relationship with several indie developers and that they’ve done numerous promotions in the past to help get the word out. As for promoting Yooka-Laylee specifically, Moffitt said he wouldn’t rule that out of the cards.
We’ve really been embracing the independent development community and there is a lot of really great indie content coming to our platform, more so than [before] on Wii or predecessor systems. Our eShop is stocked with great indie games, so we try to rotate them through and promote them from time to time with developer support. We’ve show a much more open stance to indie developers, so never say never.
While Moffitt doesn’t explicitly state that Nintendo could help the team at Playtonic Games promote their game, it seems like something that would benefit both companies greatly, as Nintendo fans have been asking for a worthy sequel to the Banjo-Kazooie series for years.
Yooka-Laylee doesn’t have a release date yet, but the Kickstarter estimate for the game is October 2016.
Seems pretty cool. If Nintendo really tries to push it, there's a chance to get it to the really casual crowd and raise the sales of the game. Not to mention the possibility of a Retail Version of the game with the other company Playtonic has recently partnered with.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I lurked a lot during the Brawl Hype. I remember buying into the buzz around Krystal and Ridley. I remember the heart break of Mewtwo drop and Poor R.O.B. getting all the hate.

I remember being so excited when a lot of my hopefuls made it. Diddy Kong, King Dedede and Olimar. Not to mention ones that caught me off guard like Pokemon Trainer.

But it Didn't join until the Smash 4 build-up. Before this site had a dedicated sub-section

Long time lurker, first time poster here!
(An LTL FTP if you will)

I'm getting oddly nostalgic for Brawl's build-up the euphoria when Ike, Diddy, Pokemon trainer and the others were revealed. The long nights looking at the Metal Gear wiki to figure out what it was about (still confused BTW) and the epic laughing in doubter's faces when Sonic was revealed.

Personally I'm hoping for Krystal, Shulk and Mega Man on the characters front but I have to wonder about the features being added. I wonder if it's customization and if so that they pull it off better than Capcom pulled off the Gems In SFXT
Well that's three out of 4 hopes come true. (Smash's customs aren't micro transaction bait so they're better by default)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

1. A character.
  2. A tagline.
1. Prince Sable
2. Rings into Battle
3. SSB4 3D model

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Picture this:
Chrom gets revealed
The salt flows through everyone
Riots arise
The fanbases go mad
Nintendo laughs
The end of the world as we know
Y'know, I honestly would enjoy Chrom. I know there's a limit to the number of characters they can add, especially since we passed that for Fire Emblem characters already, and he would be boring and redundant... but I'd still play him from time to time.

Chrono.

Is it bad that the thing I hate the most about Classic Mode is how it lowers the difficulty for losing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom