• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Another update real quick. I just made a thread on GBATemp about the update decryption. Hopefully it goes somewhere...
upload_2015-8-5_19-40-53.png

Last edited:

Chrono.

Vega as a motion character is not final.
In an interview with Shoryuken, Associate Producer for SF5, Peter "Combofiend" Rosas, has stated that this could change.

"We’re just testing him out without charge motions at this moment in time. It’s not final by any means. If it’s a good fit, it may stay. If it’s too strong, it could go. We were just giving players a heads up so they’re not in utter shock when they use him at Gamescom.”
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2015/aug/04/vega-not-charge-character-street-fighter-5/

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
2010s iirc, Jim Sterling's Konami is Konami video is the best example
There was a problem fetching the tweet
5 years. Good Grief. Well I wonder when the inevitable will happen.
So, I just signed up for GBATemp.
Proof:
View attachment 66382
Before I go ask @shinyquagsire23, is there anything else anyone wants me to ask him?
EDIT:

I just checked his profile and he still checks GBATemp regularly. He could maybe start datamining it after he gets back from his trip (provided he has time). If he can't, I completely understand. He has as a life too :p.
EpicMartin is a newcomer?
Ho, Ho New Leak Guys :drohyou:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I've always wanted to ask this, but what types of additions would lead you to feel a series is complete in terms of representation? IMO:

DK: Character, Assist Trophy,
Wario: Wario Land content (**** it Sakurai)
Metroid: Metroid Prime content (Frigate Orpheon?)
Kirby: Modern content (**** it Sakurai)
Star Fox: Wolf
Fire Emblem: Stage, Assist Trophy,
Pokemon: Stage
Earthbound: Mother 3 content (New Pork City?)
F-Zero: Character, Stage,
ROB: Stage/Professor Hector trophy,
Punch Out: Assist Trophy,
Street Fighter: Assist Trophy, Guile's Theme
Are we counting all the content from both versions together, or just the Wii U?

I'm gonna do it as if it's the former.

Mario, Yoshi, Fire Emblem, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Kid Icarus, Wario, Zelda, any other series not listed below: Nothing, already feels complete.
DK: Dixie Kong, K. Rool, an Assist Trophy (could be pretty much anyone, the series just needs an Assist Trophy)
Metroid: Frigate Orpheon (Really should've returned over Norfair. The 3DS version already brought back Brinstar, so classic Metroid already had representation)
Kirby: A Modern Kirby stage in place of either the GB one or Great Cave Offensive
Star Fox: Wolf (His addition would make the game as a whole feel more complete, honestly)
Pokemon: Another stage on the Wii U version. With all the characters it has, it definitely warrants more than two stages in a single game. 3DS is excusable since, at launch, the only series with more than 2 stages was Mario (Zelda, too, after DLC).
Earthbound: New Pork City, Magicant on both platforms
F-Zero: Mute City SNES on both platforms
ROB: Stage
Punch Out: Assist Trophy
Street Fighter: Assist Trophy, pretty much any music track besides Ryu and Ken's SF2 themes
Sonic: Feels complete, but I think a second rep would be justified (preferably Tails)
Pikmin: Alph as a clone instead of an Olimar alt, 8 costumes for both Olimar and Alph
Animal Crossing: Same as Sonic (character should be Tom Nook or Isabelle)
Wii Fit: Wii Fit Studio on both platforms (With the mirror removed on 3DS)
Duck Hunt: Duck Hunt stage on both platforms

Last edited:
So i was playing kingdom hearts final mix and i just got the crap scared out of me.

Here is the creature that struck fear onto my heart

it is called the PINK agaracus
I may just be a *****
The actual reason i got spooked was because its new to the final mix version so a giant enemy just appearing in a doorway isnt exactly expected.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Ummm, hasn't it been confirmed already that there's nothing ground breaking within the update according to some dataminers? Or was I just imagining things? I don't know why we have to bug shinyquarsire23 about this.

I mean, are we really this thirsty for Smash news? We just got our 3rd major DLC update. I think we should just be patient as there are plenty of other upcoming Nintendo games worth caring about.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I've always wanted to ask this, but what types of additions would lead you to feel a series is complete in terms of representation? IMO:

DK: Character, Assist Trophy,
Wario: Wario Land content (**** it Sakurai)
Metroid: Metroid Prime content (Frigate Orpheon?)
Kirby: Modern content (**** it Sakurai)
Star Fox: Wolf
Fire Emblem: Stage, Assist Trophy,
Pokemon: Stage
Earthbound: Mother 3 content (New Pork City?)
F-Zero: Character, Stage,
ROB: Stage/Professor Hector trophy,
Punch Out: Assist Trophy,
Street Fighter: Assist Trophy, Guile's Theme
For Metroid it would definitely be more Prime content. The Prime acknowledgement in Smash 4 amounts to:

-Dark Samus AT
-All the returning Prime music from Brawl
-Psycho Bits(I like the track, but why this and not Gorea's second theme, Vesper Defense Outpost's main theme or Sylux's theme?)

Brawl definitely acknowledges the subseries more with an abundance of trophies from Prime, Echoes and Hunters plus Frigate Orpheon. With many of those cut(YOU COULD HAVE FIT THE HUNTERS TROPHIES ON THE 3DS VERSION AND IT WOULD BE FITTING GOD DAMN IT), Prime feels very poorly shown in Smash 4. Not completely ignored, but under the shadow of Other M showing(including the controversial Ridley, but it's an otherwise logical decision to use that design), it's lackluster.

Last edited:

Naoshi

I feel 3DS is severely lacking in representation for several franchises on the very fact that they ignored just about almost every freaking Game Boy (Color/Advance) game in existence.

It's mostly about DS/3DS history.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Ummm, hasn't it been confirmed already that there's nothing ground breaking within the update according to some dataminers? Or was I just imagining things? I don't know why we have to bug shinyquarsire23 about this.

I mean, are we really this thirsty for Smash news? We just got our 3rd major DLC update. I think we should just be patient as there are plenty of other upcoming Nintendo games worth caring about.
Well, he has seen the PM I sent him, but never responded to it. So my guess it that:
1.) He doesn't have time.
2.) He doesn't want to datamine anymore.
More than likely, we will have to wait and see what happens.

Last edited:

Naoshi

Well, he has seen the PM I sent him, but never responded to it. So my guess it that:
1.) He doesn't have time.
2.) He doesn't want to datamine anymore.
More than likely, we will have to wait and see what happens.
Since he's away in Japan, I don't think he would want to use his (assuming) vacation time datamining stuff.

Chrono.

i 100% believe that if there was something in the 3ds version of smash we would have known about it already.I think our best bet is to just wait it out
This. For all we know someone already did datamine it but had nothing worth of notice so they just kept things to themselves.

Patience is a virtue.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Something I think would be particularly nice for Pikmin would be to separate Alph as a clone character with rock Pikmin etc., and then have Louie as an Olimar alt and Brittany as an Alph alt. A second unique Pikmin rep would be nice, but I don't think there is a viable candidate for that, so this is probably the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom