• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I believe FE doesn't have many trophies because of the 2D games, only RD and Awakening have trophies outside of their PCs and I believe they are all direct game rips

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I've always wanted to ask this, but what types of additions would lead you to feel a series is complete in terms of representation? IMO:

DK: Character, Assist Trophy,
Wario: Wario Land content (**** it Sakurai)
Metroid: Metroid Prime content (Frigate Orpheon?)
Kirby: Modern content (**** it Sakurai)
Star Fox: Wolf
Fire Emblem: Stage, Assist Trophy,
Pokemon: Stage
Earthbound: Mother 3 content (New Pork City?)
F-Zero: Character, Stage,
ROB: Stage/Professor Hector trophy,
Punch Out: Assist Trophy,
Street Fighter: Assist Trophy, Guile's Theme
I'll give this a try.

Mario: only a few more music tracks from Dream Team
Donkey Kong: Assist Trophy (Rambi?) and TF music
Yoshi: dunno
Wario: fine
Zelda: Groose trophy. That's literally the only remaining thing it needs.
Fire Emblem: the song "Don't Speak Her Name!"
Star Fox: Wolf returning. Forgot this dammit
Kirby: couple of music tracks, Bandana Waddle Dee [booed at]
Metroid: not sure
F-Zero: more music tracks from GX (incl. pilot themes)
EarthBound: anything EXCEPT New Pork City returning
Pokemon: dunno
Xenoblade: Seven. Also maybe X music
Punch Out: an AT, wasn't there leftover data that suggests Doc Louis was planned to be an AT or something?
Animal Crossing: not sure
Street Fighter: more character trophies and music
Other: for Snake and Shadow Moses and all its music and maybe Gray Fox to return period but....:(
Everything else: fine

You can tell I'm really passionate about video game music

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Considering I've never seen him use the term and a forum-wide search of "burbed" came up with only the posts within this particular discussion, no, I'm not aware of that. If Burb is fine with it then whatever, but I don't agree with the mentality that if somebody uses it to refer to themselves it's not insulting if somebody else uses it. I call myself trash 24/7 but it'd have entirely different implications to me if somebody else said it to me.

I honestly think that it would be easier if everyone just made a strong effort to be respectful instead of trying to justify why what they did wasn't disrespectful, but...
Are you sure you looked because he used it just yesterday in this thread or at least his own name in the same context.

I admit I have taken shots at Burb and disrespected him in the past but that was in no means one of them.

I don't fire cowardly shots. I tag people if I have something to say to them. Or take it to PMs.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
We got more Project X Zone news baby.

image.jpg

Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken)
Demetri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)
Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
Pai Chan (Virtua Fighter)
Hibana (Nightshade)
Alisa Illinichina Amiella (God Eater 2)

Chunners is paired with Ling
Morrigan is paired with Demi
The rest are Assists.

More screen shots and artwork at:

http://nintendoeverything.com/banda...al-returning-characters-for-project-x-zone-2/

Chrono.

I got an email from Nintendo saying New Smash Content Approaching so I got excited for a second but it was just an ad for the last update.

lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I bet there is hidden stuff on the 3DS and we're just a it ting here in the dark with nothing to talk about.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but oh well.

Do any of you remember Brawl machinimas that were really popular back in the day. Like Brawlgasm, Wolf's ******** Mission, or Smashtasm?

Wolfs R******* Mission:

Smashtasm:

Brawlgasm:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero

Do any of you remember Brawl machinimas that were really popular back in the day. Like Brawlgasm, Wolf's ******** Mission, or Smashtasm?

Wolfs R******* Mission:

Smashtasm:

Brawlgasm:
You don't just forget Smashtasm

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I bet there is hidden stuff on the 3DS and we're just a it ting here in the dark with nothing to talk about.
People still haven't data mined the 3DS version?

You would almost think that they did but found a controversial character is apparently in the works and decided it may be for the best to not say anything, especially after the whole K.Rool thing. Naaaaaaaaah...... :upsidedown:

Last edited:

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's not in the same context of ''Burbed" but here Burb is even using his name in the same way to represent what I said as well and to @ Firus Firus no less:

http://smashboards.com/threads/nint...-name-s-t-e-a-m.405399/page-639#post-19836257

Please don't come at me for disrespecting someone when it was obviously a joke that the user themselves has actually used.
"Obviously a joke" on the internet is not really a compatible phrase, there was nothing in your wording that indicated to me it was all for fun. You and Burb haven't always gotten along in the past and I don't think it's out of line to think it might've been a shot at him. I'm not some random person trying to stir up drama and I kind of don't appreciate the implication that I'm being malicious here or "coming at you", I'm just trying to maintain respect and order here so that everybody is comfortable? That's kind of my job with the whole "moderator" title.

I still hold that just because he used the term (or a similar one) that doesn't mean it's a-okay, but regardless, I'm not inflicting a penalty on you for this situation, it was really a cautionary statement to be careful what you say.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This is Nintendo of course they would.
"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, Shame on me"

I know they won't make the same mistake. Maybe it's been quiet because people found nothing in the patches and Nintendo is keeping them hidden.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I know they won't make the same mistake. Maybe it's been quiet because people found nothing in the patches and Nintendo is keeping them hidden.
You mean like they haven't made the same mistakes with Amiibo over and over again?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just realized something about Sacred Stones
YOU GET A HORSE! YOU GET A HORSE! EVERYONE GETS A HORSE!

"Fool me thrice...

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
What's new?

I see that the war between Roger and Burb is appearently going on, Sonic still hasn't been confirmed for Project X Zone, and the 3DS version of Smash hasn't been data mined.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You men like they haven't made the same mistakes with Amiibo over and over again?
Smash Content =/= Amiibo life problems.

I know Sakurai isn't gonna let that slip again. Man, Nintendo has done questionable things but I doubt we get the same thing again like data hidden for a character.

You're reaching for false hope here

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Smash Content =/= Amiibo life problems.

I know Sakurai isn't gonna let that slip again. Man, Nintendo has done questionable things but I doubt we get the same thing again like data hidden for a character.

You're reaching for false hope here
Sakurai and his team kind of do this to themselves a lot throughout Smash history. It's not as impossible also you think.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I think it's further proof that 3rd party characters need to have legacy (something that Sakurai said back in Brawl).

He never said 1 character per company (at least, I've never encountered that quote in the Snake, Sonic, Ryu or Pac-Man famitsu columns and the numerous Brawl interviews I've read). That's some lies made up by the fandom, and accepted as truths.
Come to think of it, there was a debate about whether or not Heihachi was a big enough character to justify being put into Smash. Well, considering Sakurai was willing to consider Heihachi for Smash 4 with the reason Sakurai bringing up against him not being his iconicness, but the difficulty in implementing his movement. I think this shows that Sakurai does indeed consider him worthy enough to be a "special case" so to speak.

D

Deleted member

Path of Radiance is easier than Sacred Stones.
iirc RD's difficult setting(or PoR's) was changed from the Japanese version, "Normal" in the west is actually the game's Hard mode and "Easy" would actually be the game's Normal difficult.
Which is probably why it is seen as a hard game

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wonder why he wanted Heihachi instead of Kazuya or Jin.
Heihachi is the most popular Tekken character bar none. Considering he's pretty much the main villain (despite everyone in the Mishima family being villains, Jin included)

Path of Radiance is easier than Sacred Stones.
Ehh, I don't see it. Oh well

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
iirc RD's difficult setting(or PoR's) was changed from the Japanese version, "Normal" in the west is actually the game's Hard mode and "Easy" would actually be the game's Normal difficult.
This is only true for RD. In PoR they removed the original hardest difficulty and replaced it with an easier difficulty.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
RD's notoriety in its difficulty mostly came from the first part being so brutal, with the Dawn Brigade being so underpowered, and Micaiah being such a slow and fragile unit, So with first impressions being strong (and some people not playing past that first part), you get the inflated difficulty perception.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
No way. I got stuck and had to repeat many levels in Path of Radiance, but Sacred Stones was easy.
Which one did you play first?

Path of Radiance has all the things that make Sacred Stones easy and then more. Titania = Seth, enemies are relatively weak while playable units are strong. However, Marcia > Vanessa, Jill >>>> Cormag, and those three (Titania, Marcia, Jill) end up completely dominating the game, even on hard mode, thanks to bonus experience and weapon forging, which Sacred Stones does not have.

Some later maps in Sacred Stones can actually be rather difficult, especially in hard mode. The only equivalent Path of Radiance really has is Ch 21 because of Sleep staff nonsense.

Sacred Stones is easier if you grind a lot, but I prefer not to consider grinding in this kind of context. While I still think it's one of the easier games in the series, I actually do believe Sacred Stones' difficulty to be rather underrated.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Zelda: Link's Awakening stage
YES.

Mount Tamaranch would be amazing; just seeing the Wind Fish egg in the background would be enough to make me cry nostalgia tears. Add in the fact that we'd FINALLY get Ballad of the Wind Fish as a song option and I'd be set.

Link's Awakening is easily the most underappreciated Zelda game, IMO. It's also my personal favorite. :p

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

Wolfs R******* Mission:

Smashtasm:

Brawlgasm:
I remember years ago when I was an internet newbie, and first discovered machinimas and all that youtube stuff, I gave Smashtasm a watch after reading about it on SmashWiki (back when it had articles on fanon stuff) and thinking it was some big thing. It ended up being one of the most boring and unfunny things I've watched even with my lower standards back then, and gave up on it after a few episodes. I never bothered watching any of the other machinima series after how badly Smashtasm turned me off.

The Wrath of Giga Bowser, a one-shot machinima from that time, is still one of my favorite Smash videos though:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom