• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope federation force is good so the signers can feel dumb

Also because i hope the game is fun as hell.

I wonder if it could survive as a spinoff series if the first does well (doubtful)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I hope federation force is good so the signers can feel dumb

Also because i hope the game is fun as hell.

I wonder if it could survive as a spinoff series if the first does well (doubtful)
It doesn't really matter if it's good or not.

It's one of those games that are doomed to get panned based on reputation alone. People will dismiss it as crappy garbage without even playing it.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The latest Style Savvy has amiibo support, if I recall correctly, so I wouldn't be surprised if Samus in that game becomes a reality someday.

.....Or at least Samus' suit.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nearly an hour later and no comments.

You fellas and ladies need me to be on vacation less it seems.

Don't worry, Uncle Rog Rog will be returning permanently tomorrow night. :)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You're welcome, baby doll.

Palutena and her weave are looking mighty fierce in your new avatar might I add.

***** has class.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I hadn't even heard of that Classic Mode "leak" until now.

Just found out about the horrible Iwata impersonator Direct "leak" too while searching the thread for the Classic thing.

The Classic Mode one is pretty good. Definitely one of the better fakes as of late. The Iwata one sucks really bad and I can't believe people actually considered that it could possibly be real. It doesn't even make sense, how could something like that get leaked? Direct leaks are always fake, text or otherwise.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
:4falco:
"You're off your game, Burb."
Both of those leaks were debunked rather quickly (Well, the Iwata one still hasn't been, but it's one of those leaks that's so poor it can be written off immediately), so I could've gone without ever knowing of their existence. :p

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Anyone remember that F-zero ripoff so they cancelled it because of negative feedback...Anyone else think nintendo just made them stop making it

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace

Anyone remember that F-zero ripoff so they cancelled it because of negative feedback...Anyone else think nintendo just made them stop making it
I never heard of this but this is unfortunate.

Because Nintendo has shown NO interest in doing F-Zero themselves in the near future. This company might have went the wrong way about it, however. I don't know all the details. But I don't think a new F-Zero done by another company would be too bad of an idea, if it's that or nothing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I can't believe so many people hate Brawl's artstyle. I thought it looked great and in some cases it still does. It definitely didn't fit some characters but I think for the most part is was pretty good and made Brawl stand out from Melee. Also worth nothing that Brawl is a game that came out in 2008, for the Wii.

They actually brightened up the graphics and made them less detailed at one point in development which saddens me because it looked really cool in E3 2006.

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I can't believe so many people hate Brawl's artstyle. I thought it looked great and in some cases it still does. It definitely didn't fit some characters but I think for the most part is was pretty good and made Brawl stand out from Melee. Also worth nothing that Brawl is a game that came out in 2008, for the Wii.

They actually brightened up the graphics and made them less detailed at one point in development which saddens me because it looked really cool in E3 2006.
I actually thought the detail they added to Toon Link in specific on his Brawl model looked really great. He's more true to character in Smash 4, but I liked the blend of the art styles.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry I haven't been posting a lot here. Been so busy organizing content for Source Gaming. I got the next 2 days ready with scheduled posts, in order to ensure the content keeps flowing and it's not overbearing all at once. I don't like "holding back" stuff, but I also want people to have enough time to really digest the stuff we are posting. Since there's ~14 people helping with the site, there's a lot of stuff being written. Here's a brief breakdown on what's going to be posted:

@ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D 's Case Against Bayonetta; 8:30 EST
@ PushDustIn PushDustIn Translation of NEW information for Subspace Emissary's Development 18:30 EST
@SmashChu 'The Love of Unknown' 7/7 8:30 EST
Soma's Translation of Mii Fighters Famitsu Column or "Are the Characters Dancing?" (Whatever one is finished) 7/7 18:30 EST
I'm also trying to make it so translations and articles have an even amount of exposure. I've been really thinking about expanding these post I wrote about the fandom versus Sakurai but for now I really need to get off the computer :p.

As for Brawl's artstyle, they did implement Melee's coloring at first. It's still in the game :3.You'll see Sakurai's full explanation of Brawl's coloring in the upcoming GDC translation @ DMurr DMurr and I have been working on.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
[/spoiler]
I'm also trying to make it so translations and articles have an even amount of exposure. I've been really thinking about expanding these post I wrote about the fandom versus Sakurai but for now I really need to get off the computer :p.
As for Brawl's artstyle, they did implement Melee's coloring at first. It's still in the game :3.You'll see Sakurai's full explanation of Brawl's coloring in the upcoming GDC translation @ DMurr DMurr and I have been working on.
Ha, shameless plug. :p
That's actually pretty good timing though. I want to see this!

I actually thought the detail they added to Toon Link in specific on his Brawl model looked really great. He's more true to character in Smash 4, but I liked the blend of the art styles.
Yeah, that was interesting. The Zelda characters in general look good, way better than in Smash 4. Versus the Mario characters who actually do look pretty bad in Brawl, especially Luigi, Yoshi, and Bowser - all of them being a rather ugly shade of green.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383

I don't hate Brawl's artstyle at all.

You have to admit that some characters look out of place, though, especially the Mario characters.

:mario2:'s overalls were way too realistic compared to :4mario:'s overalls.

The artstyle definitely fits characters like :snake:.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Er, Sonic didn't feel like he had much thought put into him in Brawl, something that's true as he's one of the last characters that got added
That doesnt mean he had no thought put into him.
He was considered for melee, after all. Not to mention, Greninja was made in a night, and that was with no knowledge of what he was at all.

Time does not relate to care.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Daily Nightmare Fuel: If Bert and Ernie were in Brawl Edition.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Since there isn't any **** to data mine, do you mind changing the thread title to "Palutena's NintenZone Social Thread: Open Late for Free Nightmares!"?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Well....view as someone who didn't liked a better artstyle than paper mario (there were really good one but that one hit my spot :) ).

I dislike complexity over something simple. The design of the characters were complex while I found the characters themselves simple and what I noticed is nintendo loves to do simple stuff. I just naturally like these more because I have a sucky eyesight, it's already harder than normal to see small details and even perspective, don't make it harder.

Brawl, was not very friendly with my eyesight. The amount of gradient....there's so much I can't decode from my brain without loosing some info that would have maybe a better experience for someone who had no barriers to see details. But even then....I just felt it was overkill which is why I think people didn't like it.

And btw, yes, this bad eyesight explains why I main g&w and why I'm addicted to paper mario artstyle :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Daily Nightmare Fuel: If Bert and Ernie were in Brawl Edition.

@ Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Since there isn't any **** to data mine, do you mind changing the thread title to "Palutena's NintenZone Social Thread: Open Late for Free Nightmares!"?
I am pretty much immune to the uncanny valley effect yet that Ernie might actually give me nightmares.
Basically...

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If copyright is an issue the kickstarter page will SPECIFICALLY say it's because of copyright, as proven by the Touhou Smash guys, they pointed out about a Touhou trading card game being taken down by copyright iirc

continuityOfficer

Smash Champion
The character designs are kind of ehhh to me. Not sure why.
They both lack a really defining feature, they're just kind of generic
IGN gives Federation Force 0/10.

"Not enough Samus."
Honestly though, I think theres going to be a lot of bias in reveiws of that game. I mean, if you say a game everyone hates is good, you get more hate the saying one people like is bad.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I think in general the detail they add in Smash is amazing. There are a few design choices I don't really agree with but it's just me being nitpicky (and mostly that Twilight Princess is my least favorite Zelda game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom