• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I hope Roy gets this design:

10/10 would play

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I hope Roy gets this design:

10/10 would play
I was actually thinking about that last night. Just like with Ike, Sakurai may update Roy's design. It would be pretty awesome if he went with Awakenings redesign. The only issue is his moveset is somewhat based on him being inexperience, so if they keep his sword properties the same it might not make sense.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I'm probably alone in this but I feel his Awakening design is kind of too busy for my liking. I prefer his original design the more I think about it.

I used to really like that Awakening design, but overtime I sort of ended up liking it less and less... I'll give it points for looking kinda badass though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I just hope for an updated Melee Roy.

If you compare it to his original art it's basically spruced up already.

Khoru

Smash Champion
Also just wondering do abilities in Splatoon stack up? As in 2 of the same abilities would increase the effects even more.
they stack but most of them have next-to-negligible effects, the exceptions being unique ones like bomb sniffer

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would be happy with an upgraded version of his Melee look too. Maybe original with some Awakening elements?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Totally forgot that the next wave of amiibo is releasing tomorrow. Need to pick up Ganondorf so I can complete my Zelda amiibo collection.

Totally forgot that the next wave of amiibo is releasing tomorrow. Need to pick up Ganondorf so I can complete my Zelda amiibo collection.
I forgot you lived in japan and panicked I had not pre-ordered and probably had no time to shop tomorrow.

good thing /r/amiibo exists to let me know my fears were unnecessary

Last edited:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Ah. I had no idea the next wave was dropping tomorrow. Guess I'll wait till they appear on Amazon. I really don't want to hunt for them.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
They release the 26th over here, along with Woolly world. My poor wallet.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And in Paper Mario?

:)

(seriously, I think he would fit :) )
I would be ok with it, but I want to see how and what they would do with him. I'd be up for it.

JUST LEAVING THIS SPLATTERED ALL OVER HERE:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Honestly we might benefit from another thread for E3.

Because let's be honest, our reactions are probably going to take up 30+ pages. lol

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah, we should lock this thread when the direct goes up and open a reactions thread for the duration.

Soul.

The Direct thread will most likely show up in the front page so I dunno.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Okay, i promised a picture, but i took a video instead. The quality is subpar because it's off my phone, but it's here. The error code at the end is 011-3021.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Tried to go read the old thread during my down time at work only to find I was blocked out, then I get here to find the new thread is already over 30 pages... You guys aren't making this easy for a lurker x-x

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Okay, i promised a picture, but i took a video instead. The quality is subpar because it's off my phone, but it's here. The error code at the end is 011-3021.
Personally, I'd take any StreetPass leaks/ games with extreme prejudice. The 3DS is wide open for exploits, and people have already been able to fake StreetPass games (Look at Twilight Princess 3D). Who's the Mii, where did you StreetPass them?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
https://archive.moe/v/thread/297466394/#297466394
Feel free to screencap this.

At Nintendo's E3 digital conference, they'll show off the following trailer:

>Smash Bros. logo into:
>Mario, Link, Rosalina, and Kirby are struggling against the might of the Master Core swarm
>They are eventually overpowered and sent flying by a shockwave of dark energy
>Mario regroups with the other three, beaten and broken down
>He looks up in horror as the Master Core swarm forms an enormous black fist
>Mario shields his eyes, Link protects Rosalina with his shield, Kirby looks around in horror, unsure of what to do
>The fist comes down on the four
>Suddenly
>"UNITE: HAND!"
>A huge red fist collides with the black shadowy one, dispersing back into the frenzied swarm
>The four heroes look up, shocked they are alive
>They look up at a mesa behind them
>A lone figure stands there
>Suddenly 100s of other figures fall in behind him
>He gives his classic thumbs-down/thumbs-up salute
>It's Wonder Red
>THE WONDERFUL 100 UNITE TO SAVE EARTH

Believe me or not, you'll see I'm telling the truth in a few days.

By the way, the squid kids will be revealed at a later date to be Smash DLC
Feel free to ask questions about what other Nintendo-related **** is on the way, I hate this job
https://archive.moe/v/thread/297451581/#297451581
Now that it's officially been announced and I've found a way out of this godforsaken company, I wanted to basically let you guys know what happens in Sakurai's video.

First off, it's 20 minutes long. That's why it's starting 20 minutes to 8 (at least, PST wise anyway). The reason for that is that this segment was originally going to be in our Digital Event, but as the information grew, it was starting to take up like half the conference, so we decided to get it out of the way so that we can focus on other things then Smash in the Digital Event.

Lucas, the Miiverse Stage and the Splatoon costumes all come out after the video ends. There's also a balance patch to be included with the update Greninja gets a slight buff.

Now for the stuff that they haven't mentioned is going to be in this video yet. First off, Sakurai talks a little about the Ballot. He doesn't announce the winners, doesn't read off the votes so far, etc. What he does say is that Sakurai and his team will be picking 3 characters from the Ballot to develop and release over the course of 2016. One thing he also mentions is that veteran characters such as Wolf or Pichu are not going to be considered for the list. There's a reason for that, just keep reading.

Secondly, amiibos. Pre-orders for the 5th and 6th waves go live on Monday. While it was a still bit early for release dates, Sakurai does go ahead and announce the 7th wave of Amiibo to be released in early 2016. Falco, R.O.B, Bowser Jr, Mr Game and Watch and Duck Hunt Duo all being included, so that casts off the last of the normal roster in terms of amiibo. Sakurai will release info about amiibos for DLC fighters at a later date.
Thirdly, stages. Smash is getting stage DLC. Sakurai doesn't delve to deep into this as development for new stages is kind of a side-project to what I'm about to talk about, but he does show off a bit of gameplay on one of the planned stages - Fountain of Dreams, for the Wii U.

Finally, Sakurai is confirming more DLC fighters. Both Roy and Ryu will be confirmed in this video through a trailer much like Lucas'. The trailer will focus on Roy for a while, until the "A NEW CHALLENGER ENTERS THE RING" bit from Street Fighter suddenly pops up on screen. Ryu performs his Final Smash (which is a huge Hadoken) and makes his entrance, followed by a minute of footage based on him.

Sakurai gives a few more details about the two (Roy and Ryu will both be released in August), then confirms that the reason why Veterans aren't counted for the ballot is because Sakurai and his team are working full steam on releasing a lot more Veterans this year. The specific ones don't get confirmed in the video, but I know that Wolf and Pichu are both in development.

That finishes off the video. I hope you all enjoy it when it officially releases on Sunday. Have a good one.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Wow, my video really sucks. Didn't realize it was THAT bad. Here's a picture instead.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Personally, I'd take any StreetPass leaks/ games with extreme prejudice. The 3DS is wide open for exploits, and people have already been able to fake StreetPass games (Look at Twilight Princess 3D). Who's the Mii, where did you StreetPass them?
His name was Chris, from Ireland. I streetpassed him in Boston, Massachusetts, where i work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom