• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Also, I don't get why Wonder Red/Wonderful 100 is suddenly on every E3 leak.

Even if Platinum's announcement is a W101 sequel, why does every game announcement have to translate to Smash DLC? Star Fox = Wolf Reveal, W102 = Wonder Red reveal.....are people expecting every game trailer to end with a Smash DLC trailer?

Like, stop already, jesus. Did we not learn our lesson with Captain Toad, Impa, and Sceptile?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I had a feeling you would get a kick out of that :p
That's really just some intense straw-grasping, though. I have hopes for Metroid at E3, but in no way do I expect it to be Hunters 2, if that's even possible.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Even if Platinum's announcement is a W101 sequel, why does every game announcement have to translate to Smash DLC? Star Fox = Wolf Reveal, W102 = Wonder Red reveal.....are people expecting every game trailer to end with a Smash DLC trailer?

Like, stop already, jesus. Did we not learn our lesson with Captain Toad, Impa, and Sceptile?
Giant robot for Smash, right after more gameplay. :troll:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't mind all the vets coming back. Long as we get a good amount of newcomers. But those leaks aren't real. Like others have said the "I hate my job at nintendo" leaks have been done.
i know its fake just saying the way you worded it made it sound like you were saying that it was fake due to pichu but lets drop it

Last edited by a moderator:

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
No offense, but freaking Roy is going to be DLC.
The lol Pichu posts make no sense, just because he was a joke character doesn't change the fact that he is a veteran with a lot of popularity in Japan.
Whoa whoa. Calm down lol. Roy is obviously going to be DLC. And when it comes to Pichu anything is possible. It could happen.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Who here would be down for joining a group where users theorize about Nintendo games, and also try to piece them together into one big timeline as a long-time goal?

It's an idea I had for a Social Group a while back, and I'm wondering if it would be worth making or not.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer trailer ends with a Lyle trailer.

If both of these are right, then I'll die of hype.

Roy, Ryu, Wonder Red, AND the Squid Kids? Plus three ballot characters AND Stage DLC? Fountain of Dreams for Wii U?

Gosh, I haven't wanted a leak to be true this much since Ninka/Vaanrose...
I think we're likelier to have Adolf Hitler appear as a guest presenter during the Digital Event than we are to have genuine leaks on our hands, here.

If we're getting all that crap at E3, what is the Digital Event on Sunday going to be? 20 minutes of "PLEASE ENJOY LUCAS AND MIIVERSE AND SQUID OUTFITS"?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
18 minutes of the direct is gonna be Sakurai talking about how detailed Lucas' hair is obviously.

The other 2 minutes are him showcasing miiverse posts. :troll:
Your close, They will be miverse posts about the connection between Lucas's hair and Splatoon, Is Lucas a KID OR A SQUID!?

Its never going to stop. Wolf, lucas, roy, impa, sceptile, mach rider they've all been up there. Its just wonder red's turn to be the FoTM leak bait character.
Who here would be down for joining a group where users theorize about Nintendo games, and also try to piece them together into one big timeline as a long-time goal?

It's an idea I had for a Social Group a while back, and I'm wondering if it would be worth making or not.
wasnt there a game theory video on that?

Insert "ki and metroid are sperate universes because viridi said so" post here.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well, I just went onto Sakurai's full twitter page and found out he made a new tweet. So I'll translate it the poor man's way and use google translate. It's kind of interesting (I guess...): (Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/608074200096468993). Now there may be some mistranslations in there (because it's google translate :p) and some things reworded. Also @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , is there any way you could provide just a very little translation of it? I see people praising Sakurai as he seemed to possibly confirm something the translation couldn't provide. EDIT: What I mean by content is the possiblity of them covering just new content in general, not just covering the update distribution on Sunday. Sorry for the misconception XP.
6月14日23:40、ひさびさに『スマブラ』の特別番組を作りました。アップデート寸前にその内容を解説します。お楽しみにしていただければと思います。
I made a special program for Smash which will air 11:40 Pm on June 14th. It will go over the contents featured in that update before its released. Please look forward to it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Its never going to stop. Wolf, lucas, roy, impa, sceptile, mach rider they've all been up there. Its just wonder red's turn to be the FoTM leak bait character.
I was referring to the whole fad of predicting characters just because they're in an upcoming game. Not a flavor-of-the-month type thing.

Though Wonder Red is sort of an odd combination of both, since it's a hypothetical game rather than a confirmed one...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
6月14日23:40、ひさびさに『スマブラ』の特別番組を作りました。アップデート寸前にその内容を解説します。お楽しみにしていただければと思います。
I made a special program for Smash which will air 11:40 Pm on June 14th. It will go over the contents featured in that update before its released. Please look forward to it.
Thanks @ PushDustIn PushDustIn ! I guess I tried to look at something that's not there XD. Anyways, I actually got news. Nintendo released more info about the NWC 2015:
Seems it won't be just retro games afterall. Splatoon will be in the competition which is pretty cool. The Mario music at the end though is kind of cheeky to me :smirk:. Maybe a hint of things to be come? (Or it could just be my over-thinking instinct again :p). A man can still dream for Super Mario Bros. 5, can't he?

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Here's something I really hope they announce during the special Smash Direct.... a costume pack! Everyone wants new characters, stages, modes, etc, and I do as well, but I rarely hear anyone talk about new costumes for every fighter. There are a ton of possibilities (including simple changes such as more colors), but I'm really hoping at some point there is costume DLC.

Oh, and also, I hope they announce the ability to purchase all custom moves. I'm shocked this already isn't an option, but I'm hoping they announce it this Sunday alongside the Lucas update.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Here's something I really hope they announce during the special Smash Direct.... a costume pack! Everyone wants new characters, stages, modes, etc, and I do as well, but I rarely hear anyone talk about new costumes for every fighter. There are a ton of possibilities (including simple changes such as more colors), but I'm really hoping at some point there is costume DLC.

Oh, and also, I hope they announce the ability to purchase all custom moves. I'm shocked this already isn't an option, but I'm hoping they announce it this Sunday alongside the Lucas update.
I agree, I would love costumes. Would be cool if they announced custom moves for Mewtwo and Lucas too.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
I agree, I would love costumes. Would be cool if they announced custom moves for Mewtwo and Lucas too.
I don't even really mind DLC veterans not having custom moves but I'd really really love alt costume DLC for other characters besides the Miis. Hyrule Warriors costumes for the Zelda characters would make my year.

Jgt044

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wii U: Jgt044
3DS FC
1005-9641-7502
Thanks @ PushDustIn PushDustIn . I guess I tried to look at something that's not there XD. Anyways, I actually got news. Nintendo released more info about the NWC 2015:
Seems it won't be just retro games afterall. Splatoon will be in the competition which is pretty cool. The Mario music at the end though is kind of cheeky to me :smirk:. Maybe a hint of things to be come? (Or it could just be my over-thinking instinct again :p). A man can still dream for Super Mario Bros. 5, can't he?
Oh God. Arin from Game Grumps is going to be competing...

Thanks Nintendo for letting me know who's going to lose first! :glare:

I mean, I freaking LOVE Game Grumps and Arin is really funny on that show, but by God he's pretty bad at playing video games.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't even really mind DLC veterans not having custom moves but I'd really really love alt costume DLC for other characters besides the Miis. Hyrule Warriors costumes for the Zelda characters would make my year.
Hyrule warriors costumes would be amazing, especially for Dorf. Other than that Shulk has amazing potential for alts with all his armor sets. Mega man could have a helmetless costume etc etc.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Guys, I figured it out!
What do you get when you mix fire and ice? A song! It's a song!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

Clearly we are getting mother 3.
And we are getting Wes.
Don't judge me.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Oh God. Arin from Game Grumps is going to be competing...

Thanks Nintendo for letting me know who's going to lose first! :glare:

I mean, I freaking LOVE Game Grumps and Arin is really funny on that show, but by God he's pretty bad at playing video games.
Well at least we get a bit of a laugh out of the event before he loses. :troll:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Watch the Platinum Games announcement not even be a game.

And instead it's a fake trailer that just blocks everyone who's watching E3 online from Kamiya's twitter at the end.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Thanks @ PushDustIn PushDustIn ! I guess I tried to look at something that's not there XD. Anyways, I actually got news. Nintendo released more info about the NWC 2015:
Why is someone from Smosh here......
I can't stand smosh.
On another note where's Reggie.
Fool is supposed to be competing.
Either way my hype will be solely only Lucas and Smash the day this happens.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Hyrule warriors costumes would be amazing, especially for Dorf. Other than that Shulk has amazing potential for alts with all his armor sets. Mega man could have a helmetless costume etc etc.
Or they could take a page out of Project M's book and give us OOT skins for the Zelda cast as a throwback to Melee. Heck, Classic skins for everyone who's look has been updated significantly in SSB4 (like Marth and Ike).

Shulk is pretty much built for this kind of thing. I'd love to see the High Entia armor.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
>Reggie: "Speaking of Project Giant Robot......."
>Smash logo flames*
>Ridley fighting Samus on Pyrosphere
>Giant Robot crushes Ridley with one hand
>Giant Robot Sizes Up The Competition

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
>Reggie: "Speaking of Project Giant Robot......."
>Smash logo flames*
>Ridley fighting Samus on Pyrosphere
>Giant Robot crushes Ridley with one hand
>Giant Robot Sizes Up The Competition
The amount of rage this would spawn would be insane.

Like, I almost want it to happen.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Was stalking the amiibo subreddit and stumbled upon this.

Literally just looks like someone threw something together in Word. As much as I'd love Chibi-Robo...
-we already have a Mario hat for the Mii's
-"Captain K Rool"... I'm pretty sure it should be "King" unless they threw him in the pirate costume by default for whatever reason
-Was posted by a one-hour old reddit account

So yeah, pretty much fake.

Edit: Can't believe I overlooked this... but as many people pointed out, Ridley.

Last edited:

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Damn, I don't even care if those two "I work for Nintendo, but I hate them" leaks were fake or not. I want to see a fan made video of that Wonder Red trailer ASAP.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Literally just looks like someone threw something together in Word. As much as I'd love Chibi-Robo...
-"Captain K Rool"... I'm pretty sure it should be "King" unless they threw him in the pirate costume by default for whatever reason

>Ridley

Faker than fake.

kylexv

Smash Master

Already fake. Sakurai said he would never make Ridley playable, if I remember correctly.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Even if it was the Pirate version of K. Rool, the name would be "Kaptain", not "Captain".

Also lol at Ridley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom