• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
"Feel free to ask questions about what other Nintendo-related **** is on the way, I hate this job"

"Now that it's officially been announced and I've found a way out of this godforsaken company, I wanted to basically let you guys know what happens in Sakurai's video."

This feels way too suspicious.
It amuses me how there are so many leaks about Nintendo things that always have the employee hating the company.

I don't see that with Sony and X-Box based leaks.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Last edited:

Soul.

That Mother 3 thing...
There seems to be a GBA emulator for the 3DS. Could have been that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It amuses me how there are so many leaks about Nintendo things that always have the employee hating the company.

I don't see that with Sony and X-Box based leaks.
Seems there's a lot of undue hate for Nintendo. Look at all the "game journalist" sites like Kotaku, they publish a lot of thinly veiled "why won't Nintendo just die" articles.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
For all we know it could just be another hack like with Twilight Princess.

Anyways, here's my E3 Nintendo Bingo.

Looks good to me. Remember to post it at the E3 bingo thread too.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Is this for real. :OOOOO
The picture is, i just took it, teehee. Not sure about Mother 3 actually being on 3DS though, that's why i posted it here.
That's a little suspicious. A Nintendo employee...from Ireland...in Boston?
Well, he didn't have the glowing pants, so i doubt he was a Nintendo employee. But you'd be surprised at the amount of overseas streetpasses i've gotten.
Someone did the same thing with Twilight Princess on 3DS.

Pretty sure this is fake.
It probably is fake. It's interesting to speculate nonetheless.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright another leak with Wonder red, sounds good.... But probably fake :(

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's some more gems from that guy

here will be a reveal of another few characters at E3 though one scaly, the other furry
Dong Baiting

You'd hate it too if you had to moderate the MiiVerse **** each and every day
That explains the hatred but raises more questions on where he got the info.

Only that Miyamoto admitted that the sticker system seen in SS needs an overhaul but insists that partner characters should stay out. He thinks that the one-off characters and partners distract from Mario's "heroic journey" and also thinks they are unmarketable (as-in, he doesn't see someone like Goombella ever appearing in Smash, since she's "just a goomba").

He has similar opinions on the Mario & Luigi RPG series
I think this guy is full of it.

joetherocker

Smash Apprentice
The first leak is extraordinarily fake. I'm willing to believe the second just because I want Pichu back.

Last edited:

Soul.

Pichu in Smash 4 would be coo--hilarious.
Mostly because Pikachu exists.

domokl

Smash Lord
The second one is kinda believable. I think the three charachters from the ballot is realistic.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The picture is, i just took it, teehee. Not sure about Mother 3 actually being on 3DS though, that's why i posted it here.
Well, he didn't have the glowing pants, so i doubt he was a Nintendo employee. But you'd be surprised at the amount of overseas streetpasses i've gotten.

It probably is fake. It's interesting to speculate nonetheless.
If you are getting a lot of International streetpasses, someone might have set up a Home Spot Pass station. I had one in my apartment for awhile. That's how I completed all those Mii Plaza games :D.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Also just wondering do abilities in Splatoon stack up? As in 2 of the same abilities would increase the effects even more.
Certain ones do, but each additional add on is less and less potent. Additionally, there's "caps" on them, meaning even if you have more of one, you won't get boosted any further.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Seems there's a lot of undue hate for Nintendo. Look at all the "game journalist" sites like Kotaku, they publish a lot of thinly veiled "why won't Nintendo just die" articles.
lol kotaku

For all we know it could just be another hack like with Twilight Princess.

Anyways, here's my E3 Nintendo Bingo.

Perfect.

You know, I've kinda missed seeing all these obviously fake leaks. There is something fun about debunking them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sorry I'm late, guys. Since the leak group is now an archive I figured I'd swing by here. c:

Anyway re:text leaks - I just generally don't trust leaks that give details of the video, let alone how long the video will be. I always get a kick out of reading them though :awesome:

Id like to point out one of those "leaks" randomly knows that greninjq a gets a buff. The dude is clearly referencing the nerf greninja joke and killing what non-existant credibility he had.

Also more fake wonder red leaks make me happy and sad at the same time.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well, I just went onto Sakurai's full twitter page and found out he made a new tweet. So I'll translate it the poor man's way and use google translate. It's kind of interesting (I guess...):
June 14 23:40, we made a special program of "Smash Bros." after a long time. It will explain its contents to update the verge. I think you'll have to enjoy.
(Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/608074200096468993). Now there may be some mistranslations in there (because it's google translate :p) and some things reworded. Also @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , is there any way you could provide just a very little translation of it? I see people praising Sakurai as he seemed to possibly confirm something the translation couldn't provide. EDIT: What I mean by content is the possiblity of them covering just new content in general, not just covering the update distribution on Sunday. Sorry for the misconception XP.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Well, I just went onto Sakurai's full twitter page and found out he made a new tweet. So I'll translate it the poor man's way and use google translate. It's kind of interesting (I guess...): (Source: https://mobile.twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/608074200096468993). Now there may be some mistranslations in there (because it's google translate :p) and some things reworded. Also @ PushDustIn PushDustIn , is there any way you could provide just a very little translation of it? I see people praising Sakurai as he seemed to possibly confirm something the translation couldn't provide.
I'm pretty sure that's just a reiteration of the "there will be a mini-event on Sunday where we will go over the update that includes Lucas/etc"

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
18 minutes of the direct is gonna be Sakurai talking about how detailed Lucas' hair is obviously.

The other 2 minutes are him showcasing miiverse posts. :troll:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
18 minutes of the direct is gonna be Sakurai talking about how detailed Lucas' hair is obviously.

The other 2 minutes are him showcasing miiverse posts. :troll:
Well, Lucas does have pretty swanky hair.:4lucas:Just look at how beautiful it is

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
the leak is fake but pichu is still a likely candiadate don't count the little guy out just yet
I don't mind all the vets coming back. Long as we get a good amount of newcomers. But those leaks aren't real. Like others have said the "I hate my job at nintendo" leaks have been done.

At least you Wonder Red fans didn't get a "leak" like this.
That was back when rayman was like my 3rd most wanted. I was there for the sadness too :( i spent a huge amount of time consoling the raymam thread after that.

YOU'RE MAKING ME VERY ANXIOUS ONI

I WILL MASH YOUR FACE WITH A SLEDGEHAMMER IF THIS IS UNTRUE DO YOU HEAR ME
I had a feeling you would get a kick out of that :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom