• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NintenZone Social Thread: Shovel Knight Amiibo Hype Catastrophe (feat. Swamp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
A new Dixie focused game would make me weep with joy.

Like I will combust.

Play Celine Dion at my funeral. My Heart Will Go On.

Release 12 white doves.

I'm leaving Blue in charge of my Blimpie's franchise. He'll run it right.
Dixie 4 Smash

A user on NeoGAF pointed something out that might reveal what Retro's next game is. Though, this could just be a coincidence.

Post on GAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=167043823&postcount=317

http://www.dkvine.com/games/dkl3/

What a coincidence that this also just so happens to be on the Donkey Kong Land 3 page, emphasis on 3.
Why the hell does NeoGaf hate DK so much?

DKvine is a fansite so I dont know how reliable this is :/

Dixie would be amazing

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Dixie would be amazing
I'm convinced that Gaf hates everything at this point.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman

Dixie would be amazing
It being a fan-site is what pushes me towards doubt; however, considering how cheeky Retro Studios is on Twitter when it comes to posting and responding, I wouldn't put it past them to create hints like this.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Should be able to. I'm still playing around with the settings. Some of it BluePikmin may have to handle.

To be honest, Social Groups settings don't have very descriptive settings, nor are there any user manuals (not even for the staff). A lot of it is trial and error.
Bingo. Got ya loud and clear.
Mind you I really think this is an extremely good replacement.
I love it here. And it makes me smile and tear up at the fact that everyone has moved :'P
It was the only thing that had me worried.
I guess I hate losing people that's all.
:4lucas::wolf::popo::4mewtwo:

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
I love it here. And it makes me smile and tear up at the fact that everyone has moved :'P
It was the only thing that had me worried.
I guess I hate losing people that's all.
:4lucas::wolf::popo::4mewtwo:
Same. That was the one thing that I was worried about. I was worried that there would be some amazing people that I wouldn't be able to talk to again because they wouldn't come with the rest of us. I am really glad that all of you guys are still here. I love each and every one of you. *Sends internet hugs to everyone*

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The moment moment were Dixie will be Annonced over K Roll it will be the World War III in Smashboard ...
I'd just be happy to have her.

Any one who complains that Dixie would be added and not K. Rool isn't a DK fan.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
So I found out that the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game has the questionnaire again.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who hated that thing with a burning passion.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
I still prefer the Booker T theory.

I'm not sure how many people here only remember Booker from his time in WWE, but that does not do his career justice. He had some incredible matches in WCW. Kind of sad that he's now more known for being Goldust's sidekick and a bunch of odd catchphrases as a commentator than for the great wrestler he actually was.

That said, he was a true sports entertainer. He could go both in the ring and on the mic and never took himself, or his character, too seriously. Class act indeed.

domokl

Smash Lord
So I found out that the new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game has the questionnaire again.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who hated that thing with a burning passion.
If you hated it before you will love it even more because for super mystery dungeon its for both your partner and main charachter:troll::sheep:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not sure how many people here only remember Booker from his time in WWE, but that does not do his career justice. He had some incredible matches in WCW. Kind of sad that he's now more known for being Goldust's sidekick and a bunch of odd catchphrases as a commentator than for the great wrestler he actually was.

That said, he was a true sports entertainer. He could go both in the ring and on the mic and never took himself, or his character, too seriously. Class act indeed.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
After the massive news overload this is fitting:

This track and stage should be Smash Dlc!
Let the hype continue!
Now:

for platinum games, my only guess is the w102
and wonder red smash dlc maybe....
For Retro:
I have no clue, the dk thing has my interests though....
Sonic Boom 2..... Didn't expect that but I guess we shall see where that goes.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I just want a Donkey Kong game with the tag team mechanic again.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
If you hated it before you will love it even more because for super mystery dungeon its for both your partner and main charachter:troll::sheep:
I know. Which means even more junk to sift through. Just what I needed.
And why not? Why give the player the option do what they want? Bah! We don't need convenience, let's just give them some psychoanalysis bullcrap that may or may not end with the desired result!
Brilliant!

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I don't understand wrestling, wish I did. Sometimes it's funny to hear the announcers insulting each other, but the wrestling doesn't grab me. What draws you guys in? Also, what goes into announcing, and who's going to win? Do the announcers have a complete script, or do they do it off the cuff? Like, I would imagine they know who's scheduled to win, right?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Bret Hart had one of his only good matches in WCW against Booker. And his stuff with Stevie Ray/Sherri was great tag team wrestling. But the less said about Harlem Heat with Ahmed Johnson the better.

I just want a Donkey Kong game with the tag team mechanic again.
It'd be a good idea to make a 3DS accompanyment to a Wii U title with the tag feature in the handheld game.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dixie teaming up with her sister might be fun.

If they remember her sister exists. Lol.
I wish they didn't redesign Tiny. Her DK64 design was fine, I hate the tall one.

But really she shouldn't even exist. Dixie should have been in DK64 in her place, with pink nanners.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I don't mind Tiny. If only because she increases the legacy Dixie leaves behind on the series by being a younger sister that is inspired by her big sister.

She's also sort of designed in a way that she comes across as Dixie's Luigi, which is pretty high compliments to both her and Dixie.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
for platinum games, my only guess is the w102
and wonder red smash dlc maybe....
Is this about the retweet? Because it wasn't Kamiya as originally thought, it was Yusuke Hashimoto, director of Bayonetta 2.

It's more likely to be about Bayonetta or Star Fox.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't understand wrestling, wish I did. Sometimes it's funny to hear the announcers insulting each other, but the wrestling doesn't grab me. What draws you guys in? Also, what goes into announcing, and who's going to win? Do the announcers have a complete script, or do they do it off the cuff? Like, I would imagine they know who's scheduled to win, right?
Wrestling is art. It's no different from watching a television show or movie. You watch it to be told a story, and to be kept entertained. I will always maintain that Bret Hart was the best all around wrestler because he had everything, the look, the athleticism, and the ability to drag amazing and very different matches out of a whole host of different styled workers.
Announcers don't always know who's going to win, sometimes they do. It also depends what company, TNA announcers read from scripts but most WWF/E commentators did it on the fly.

If you don't watch this match and enjoy it. You'll never be a wrestling fan.

Chrono.

So apparently Splatoon is sold out on literally every store within a 2 hour radius.

Looks like online is the only option.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it is another DK, they have followed the Kremling campaign and have expressed interest in doing more with the games then they were able to (ex. Animal buddies), so it would make sense for them to have one last hurrah for that series.

You're not alone there, it's a neat idea, but it could be irritating when you're aiming for one particular Pokémon and it refuses to give you the questions you need for it (I wanted Totodile so bad...).

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm convinced that Gaf hates everything at this point.
I'm glad that they don't reflect any of the actual reactions; .. I'd be super excited with a new DKC, PRINCIPALLY if there are Kremlings on it. :p.. but I'm sure that, besides that, Nintendo has a Metroid announcement this this year, just by another softhouse.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Bret Hart had one of his only good matches in WCW against Booker. And his stuff with Stevie Ray/Sherri was great tag team wrestling. But the less said about Harlem Heat with Ahmed Johnson the better.
His 'Best of 7' with Benoit for the Television Title (of all things!) had some amazing matches but.... well..... obviously we're not supposed to remember those ever took place. Such a shame, too.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Whelp, everyone has been removed. Just so you all know, there was about 5 full pages of people who were invited but never excepted their invitation. There was pretty much ~300+ more users on top that 1000+ total.

Will deal with the finer details later, gotta go to work now. >_>

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Should be able to. I'm still playing around with the settings. Some of it BluePikmin may have to handle.

To be honest, Social Groups settings don't have very descriptive settings, nor are there any user manuals (not even for the staff). A lot of it is trial and error.
and a lot doesn;t actually work....

isn it beta or something? It just seems unfinished to me....

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
His 'Best of 7' with Benoit for the Television Title (of all things!) had some amazing matches but.... well..... obviously we're not supposed to remember those ever took place. Such a shame, too.
Yeah he had some really good matches with Benoit. The Owen tribute match is also a favorite of mine. He also had some solid matches with DDP and Sting, but not too much else.
How they stuck Bret on the mid card is beyond me, but if we start getting into WCW booking and mistreatmet of talent then we're going to need a whole thread dedicated to it!!!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
and a lot doesn;t actually work....

isn it beta or something? It just seems unfinished to me....
Not quite sure, after the Xenforo switch, Groups were not planned to return. They only returned due to the Wii U board vets begging Warchamp.

Yeah...They don't count towards that initial 1003 member total until they accept their invite.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I wouldn't mind Retro doing a third DK game- after all, they did 3 Metroid Prime games. Returns and Tropical Freeze were both really challenging and i felt accomplished when beating a level. Can't say that with most other platformers these days...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Is this about the retweet? Because it wasn't Kamiya as originally thought, it was Yusuke Hashimoto, director of Bayonetta 2.

It's more likely to be about Bayonetta or Star Fox.
No, it was about their upcoming game teases. I could see Bayo but that feels to soon imo. I coukd also see Star Fox but feel it's less likely as they shot down the idea to fans.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I only want a new Donkey Kong Country game if it's Donkey Kong Country: Kremling Komeback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom