• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Aaron Webber (Sonic Social Media guy AKA The Meme Lord) claimed that something big is being announced here. It's apparently not a game, but big nonetheless. Which makes sense considering the people in attendance.

Starts in 8 minutes so Sonic fans should tune in.
It's the movie isn't it?:urg:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Generic Villain #1(wow, that's actually a first for Jojo) has a tongue fetish
Polnareff is probably the best new character
Jotaro is still a ****, he didn't need to kill that shark
And did he really just find out about that girl by touching her boobs? Is Avdol, like, the only main character who is not a pervert?
You may think Advol is a pervert in one shocking fight.
I guess you just don't like Jotaro. It's ok thought, everyone have there on taste.
And you'll be happy to hear that Polnareff get as much, if not more, attention than Jotaro.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy, Stardust Crusaders has a lot of surprises for you. I don't wanna spoil it, but lemme tell ya, SA is where the "Bizarre" in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure really starts kicking in.
Well, the episode I'm is the one with the monkey and everything related to it is really, really weird
You may think Advol is a pervert in one shocking fight.
I guess you just don't like Jotaro. It's ok thought, everyone have there on taste.
And you'll be happy to hear that Polnareff get as much, if not more, attention than Jotaro.
It's not that I don't like him
Just that he's a total ****

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm really considering of getting an Xbox One.

Still trying to find out how to buy since there's no game bundle I want from it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I've decided to continue to teach myself C++

I started years ago but stopped because I started taking school and they teach a different computer language

But I ended up deciding to take media design instead (Brilliant decision...)
C++ is pretty much the base of most software, so go for it. And when you finish it, you'll know 90% of C and Java as well.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Remember that time when Capcom published a game of Harvey Birdman: Attorney in law? which was basically Ace Attorney but with Harvey Birdman?

The game even had Street Fighter cameos:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Have any of you here heard about the confirmation of Half-Life and Portal films that J. J. Abrams is planning to direct?

Both movies are in the writing stages as of now.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Once again, the DLC for Hyrule Warriors Wii U is only happening in 2016 because it's all being made for the 3DS port anyway. It's not much extra effort for them to make it.

Smash DLC is made fresh on it's own, with two versions already out and completed.
Same thing goes for Smash 3DS and Wii U.

A new batch of DLC is being made for HWL throughout the year of 2016 even after the batch it got in 2015. All i'm saying is that HW/HWL DLC is much more impressive than Smash DLC.
Now I'm starting to see people insist that new Smash DLC may still be coming based solely on the patch update coming out of nowhere when Sakurai 'said' patches were done. Because LOL Sakurai is always trolling except when he literally never does

amirite fellas?????
Probably not DLC though it does lead to some credibility of Smash NX having more characters.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Naka-san just confirmed that Sonic was considered for Smash Bros as early as Melee as he had spoke to Sakurai-san about it, but it was too late.

This trivia was known, but the interview source was obscure. So at least we have a solid source now.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Let's play a game guys:

A new Mario Kart game has been announced, and they are allowing non-mario characters as DLC.

Now you have to choose 10 non-mario characters (and you can choose anyone from Smash and even Super Mario Maker, so if you want to choose the Majohng piece or that one anime girl, be my guess) as drivers for this new installment.
whatever influenced my decisions for these characters will be in parentheses

1. Link (Upcoming Zelda title promotion, returning from 8)
2. Villager (Returning from 8)
3. Kirby (Planet Robobot promotion)
4. Fox (Starfox Zero promotion)
5. Olimar (Pikmin 4 promotion)
6. Pikachu (Pokemon Sun/Moon promotion)
7. Captain Falcon (8's inclusion of the Blue Falcon and two F-ZERO tracks)
8. Ice Climbers (Guilty pleasure)
9. Sonic (Sega All-Stars Racing series, previous ties with Mario series)
10. Pac-Man (Previous ties with Mario Kart Arcade trilogy)

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So for those of you who didn't watch the panel and only cared about the annoucements:

-They confirmed the release date of Fire & Ice which...I can't remember right now. It's in September anyway. Twitch streams can't be rewinded unfortunately.

-They explained what all of their cryptic teasing was about. While it apparently isn't everything yet, one of the things the numbers were hinting towards was the date "7/22/16". They confirmed that, on this date, there will be....you know what, it's what SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft said (got :4greninja:'d mid post). :p Should be noted that this is where the new main series game will be announced, apparently.

-They showed a teaser trailer for Big's Big Fishing Adventure. "The trial begins April 1st". I can't wait to see what comes of this.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So for those of you who didn't watch the panel and only cared about the annoucements:

-They confirmed the release date of Fire & Ice which...I can't remember right now. It's in September anyway. Twitch streams can't be rewinded unfortunately.

-They explained what all of their cryptic teasing was about. While it apparently isn't everything yet, one of the things the numbers were hinting towards was the date "7/22/16". They confirmed that, on this date, there will be....you know what, it's what SegaNintendoUbisoft SegaNintendoUbisoft said (got :4greninja:'d mid post). :p Should be noted that this is where the new main series game will be announced, apparently.

-They showed a teaser trailer for Big's Big Fishing Adventure. "The trial begins April 1st". I can't wait to see what comes of this.
September 27th for Fire and Ice iirc.

If BBFA's an actual game it'll be better than 99% of Steam Greenlight.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
September 27th for Fire and Ice iirc.

If BBFA's an actual game it'll be better than 99% of Steam Greenlight.
I've had a theory about BBFA that I think is becoming more and more likely.

At the last two annual Sonic Hacking Contests, there was a ROM hack called "Big's Fishing Derby" that was notable for actually being a simple but impressive game. It was an arcade style fishing game that could be played with two players.

I've been thinking, considering how well received this was at the contest, and considering how in touch with the fandom Aaron Webber is, maybe Webber contacted the developers of this hack to make an actual game of it for say, mobile devices? I don't think it's impossible, considering that Taxman and Stealth, who created the Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2 remakes of recent years, were originally from the Sonic Hacking community.

jarbAin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4124-6082-4371
I am wondering, why can't we have a 3ds app that let's us control some other WiiU games than smash. For games like Mario kart, that would be a great idea.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The real Sonic 25th anniversary was right here all along

Also, has anybody been close to crying in a TV show? I recently did my best to keep my tears to myself with Death Parade...The fourth episode kept hitting certain notes which all affected me due to me finding it relatable and how it also had a fear of mine showed off. I'm still having a tough time dealing with the episode

Whiz

Smash Rookie

Also, has anybody been close to crying in a TV show? I recently did my best to keep my tears to myself with Death Parade...The fourth episode kept hitting certain notes which all affected me due to me finding it relatable and how it also had a fear of mine showed off. I'm still having a tough time dealing with the episode
Not quite for me, but I have definitely gotten quite emotional, maybe feeling a bit of "thickness" behind the eyes... you know, the prelude to tears.

D

Deleted member

What? Do you think I'm some sort of ***** that cries because of a cartoon?

Because I certainly am

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Several times actually. Maybe I'm just super emotional and get way too into anime. :laugh:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
All too common for me. Anything that touches the hidden idealist in me usually triggers the waterworks. It doesn't even have to be a TV show.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Pokemon B&W with how bad it was

It's hard for me to find any show I've cried at at some point but I suppose the ending of RvB Season 13 definitely left an impression on me with Epsilon Church's final speech about the heroic sacrifice and how the hero never gets to see if it actually made a difference.
"Ain't that a *****?"
I suppose it's that I've been watching the show since Season 6 and watched every season at least three times that makes it have an impact on me because this is it, it really might be no more Church prequel stuff notwithstanding.

There's probably other shows but I can't think of them.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Gravity Falls is pretty much the only show that's managed to bring me close to tears, that I can recall.

Well, as far as animated ones anyway. A couple live-action ones have managed to leave the effect of tears on me. Falling Skies and The Walking Dead are the only ones I can recall doing that to me though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Probably, although I don't remember which ones. My eyes have felt a little off during a few video game endings, too.

But you know what game flat out brought me to tears? Repeatedly? Even when doing another playthrough?

Oh, you think I'm lying?

I had no hand in writing this.

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
The only show that made remotly close to cry was One Piece
When Ussopp was leaving the crew and fighting Luffy during Water-7.
Maybe I cried actually

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Here's a video containing the announcement section of that Sonic stream for those who missed it.

D

Deleted member

Gravity Falls is pretty much the only show that's managed to bring me close to tears, that I can recall.

Well, as far as animated ones anyway. A couple live-action ones have managed to leave the effect of tears on me. Falling Skies and The Walking Dead are the only ones I can recall doing that to me though.
Jesus christ, don't remind me of that finale
I was almosy crying because of "That-spoilery-scene-you-should-know-about"
I just didn't because all my family was in the same room as me

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably, although I don't remember which ones. My eyes have felt a little off during a few video game endings, too.

But you know what game flat out brought me to tears? Repeatedly? Even when doing another playthrough?

Oh, you think I'm lying?

I had no hand in writing this.
Literally this! This and the SMD made me tear up! true masterpieces imo.
Here's a video containing the announcement section of that Sonic stream for those who missed it.

This slide though:
Screenshot (62).png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly why use the word potentially?

We have it t two angles, a full view of the room, and a very impressive demo, which if this wasn't pokemon go and a fake, would probably land the guy in trouble for using pokemon Ips. So it's probably real. Looks much better then I'd expect to. And note how ivysaur has something called crystals on his summary.

you know what else has crystals?

The Sun and Moon logos....
Looks a bit clunky, although believable.

I find the situation rather strange though - A wild Ivysaur?

Well it makes sense that every pokemon is catchable rather then a single part of a line. Plus XY introduced wild starters in friendsafaris, so it isn't to unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom