• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I gave Elise Rehabilitate, as well as the special that heals everyone for 10HP when she heals one unit. One of the best decisions I've made in this game, Tempest Trials are a cinch now. This will also be useful in Chain Challenges too.

Nowi takes nearly anything with Elise backing her up, and Chrom has amazing survivability too with Falchion heals, Renewal 2 (just need a bit more SP for Renewal 3), and Elise heals.

I've even managed to one team the Lunatic 5 Rounds one with my starting team, which I only intended to push me through the first 2 or 3 maps.

Think I might try going for the 7 Round one later.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So the pokebeach summary of the new Pokemon Movie leaves out a really big/sad/dark moment of the film.

It explains the reason Luxray has merch:

Makoto (Lucario Guy) talks about how one time he had a skiing accident and was left stranded in the cold. He wold have died if it wasn't for his Luxray, and by the time rangers find him, the Luxray had died from the cold.

That's pretty said and really dark, but I actually like this moment giving a more heavy and even realistic look at the Pokemon world.

D

Deleted member

Well, I found the Castlevania not!anime to be quite good. The action scenes were actually really well animated and choreographed.

That'd be kinky, Vlad.
Also @Prince Alucard your performance was great

Floating Vampire Jesus is a title you should be honored to have

I didn't even know it was out. I should watch it, since I have Netflix. My brother and I usually just use it to find the worst movies we could find. Now we'll actually be able to use it for something.

And dammit, I always need to use premium features when I don't have premium, that would be the perfect title.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Didn't know that CastleVania series even came out yet. That's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

Alright you know what **** this
I get I shouldn't expect much from Nanatsu in terms of story cohesion and progression or anything not action or character-related but I'm reading Chapter 180 and out of nowhere, THRY BRING A CHARACTER WHOSE DEATH WAS WHAT SET THE WHOLE PLOT IN MOTION
Fine, Meliodas is a demon, he can survive all that **** and be brought back in the next chapter but this guy is literally just a human unless they pull something from their asses and there's a 50% chance he was revived and 50% he faked his death but either way I'm really ****ing pissed at this godawful writing why am I even reading this still

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I find it funny that people draw Marina with a belly button stud when it's pretty obvious it's just the same green glow as her legs and finger tips.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I find it funny that people draw Marina with a belly button stud when it's pretty obvious it's just the same green glow as her legs and finger tips.
I mean, biologically she shouldn't even have a belly button. Squids aren't mammals. :p

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I won a Mario Maker contest on Reddit this week.

My level was called 'Wah Going on a Coin Hunt' and it was somewhat a Wario's Gold Mine theme.

Now I wait and pray it comes up in a CarlSagan42 or Grand PooBear random run.

D

Deleted member

"Why do I put up with this ****?"
*Ten Commandments in the next chapter*
*Escanor praises the ****ing sun*
*Ban shows up*
Ah yes, there it is.
God, I hope this Arc gets fully animated

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still I want :4drmario: on the Switch. Plz reveal it in a Direct soon.

Puyo Puyo Tetris is great but I need my most fave puzzler.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean, biologically she shouldn't even have a belly button. Squids aren't mammals. :p
They are squids...

But they are also kids....

Er... Octopi...

And vertebrae....

This is a conundrum.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So the pokebeach summary of the new Pokemon Movie leaves out a really big/sad/dark moment of the film.

It explains the reason Luxray has merch:

Makoto (Lucario Guy) talks about how one time he had a skiing accident and was left stranded in the cold. He wold have died if it wasn't for his Luxray, and by the time rangers find him, the Luxray had died from the cold.

That's pretty said and really dark, but I actually like this moment giving a more heavy and even realistic look at the Pokemon world.
Slight mix-up there. Souji is the Lucario guy, while Makoto is the Piplup girl.

I wonder what exactly Luxray did to help Souji. Perhaps use its x-ray vision powers to illuminate a path out of the forest, or did it carry Souji on its back for a period of time?

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614

Regarding the actual biology of inklings, they seem to be pure squids at birth but develop into those horrible hybrid ambitions before becoming kids.

Really they're just freaks of nature, both vertebrae and yet not. Odd creatures, they are.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Every time I see Marina called a squid I have a little voice in my head begging me to nitpick it to Davy Jones' Locker.

TBH I'm not even sure what on earth is going on with -lings. The time it took for humanity to form modern society shouldn't even be enough time for sea life to turn into anthros by a long shot even without ocean levels reducing the viability of land life drastically, and those two species decided apparently that wasn't enough and evolving from aquatic life to aquaphobic living ink monsters would be more fun. At this point either somebody engineered these things to the point that science ragequit or these guys swam in whatever kind of radiation Godzilla likes to hang out in.

D

Deleted member

We have plants that are also dinosaurs
Really, Biology is an abstract concept for Nintendo

Also, have I talked about how badass Escanor is yet?

Because he is
And it's all thanks to daily sun-praising

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Every time I see Marina called a squid I have a little voice in my head begging me to nitpick it to Davy Jones' Locker.

TBH I'm not even sure what on earth is going on with -lings. The time it took for humanity to form modern society shouldn't even be enough time for sea life to turn into anthros by a long shot even without ocean levels reducing the viability of land life drastically, and those two species decided apparently that wasn't enough and evolving from aquatic life to aquaphobic living ink monsters would be more fun. At this point either somebody engineered these things to the point that science ragequit or these guys swam in whatever kind of radiation Godzilla likes to hang out in.
Or it's a video game and none of it really matters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Honestly I outright forgot she was an Octoling. :p

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904

Regarding the actual biology of inklings, they seem to be pure squids at birth but develop into those horrible hybrid ambitions before becoming kids.

Really they're just freaks of nature, both vertebrae and yet not. Odd creatures, they are.
Inklings are also documented to not have bones even in humanoid form despite the bizarrely humanlike and in Cuttlefish's case outright bony looking appearance.

But then, I guess if you're a shapeshifting abomination made of living ink you don't NEED bones. All you need is to make science crawl into a corner and cry itself to sleep.

Or it's a video game and none of it really matters.
Of course it doesn't matter, no hobby really truly matters as a profound thing. But picking apart fiction down to the tiniest details can be downright fun as long as you don't let it corrupt into SRS BSNS. Why not imagine how a squid can be a kid, it's no more a waste of time than the rest of our lives.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

That second stage is like,

"...Kill....Me...."

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Ooh yeah, Friday night baby! Time to tag MP3s of an obscure DOS game soundtrack!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
That second stage is like,

"...Kill....Me...."
It gets better if you imagine them forcibly twisting themselves into humanoid form as they mature. This is a species that can melt through grates and cook themselves into steam, I can totally see them inkbending their own bodies over time.

I wonder if they just biologically are wired to do it or if it's a cultural thing set off by living among human ruins. If an Inkling was raised from birth/hatching/gosh knows how this works to turn into a dog, would they horrifyingly twist into the shape of a dog over the next 14 years?

Questions!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
oh snap I almost forgot about the speedrunning...

Fusion's still pretty early into the run, thought it started earlier but I'm not complaining cuz that's just Moar Metroid!!

Edit: and they broke a Million in donations in this run!!! Nice!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I wonder if the characters in splatoon that sing are actual people that they just add effects to make them sound that way.

Also Pearl totally says that's right ***** at one point in the introduction song. lol

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
oh snap I almost forgot about the speedrunning...

Fusion's still pretty early into the run, thought it started earlier but I'm not complaining cuz that's just Moar Metroid!!

Edit: and they broke a Million in donations in this run!!! Nice!
I tuned out of the sgdq thing. Is there any intresting games coming up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom