• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
He does 'claim' to be a Metroid fan btw...

Sure, it's disappointing there wasn't any gameplay and I can understand people who are only interested in seeing gameplay, but it's not about what they showed, it's that they showed it...there's no need to be cynical towards those who are genuinely excited about what we did get...
I don't know if he really was cynical...
I mean he dies seems to get salty like often, but he does tend to be genuine. Like how he doesn't really want to say anything about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since he doesn't really care about the game, which is good.
Anyone can be salty sometimes, I personally do get salty at times. Such as way back in Smash 4 early days I was salty about Shulk (no kidding) , Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr in Smash 4.
Recent like Pokémon Direct and Ultra Sun & Moon... I was pretty salty... But glad they later mention the Pokémon on Switch in E3 presentation.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't know if he really was cynical...
I mean he dies seems to get salty like often, but he does tend to be genuine. Like how he doesn't really want to say anything about Xenoblade Chronicles 2 since he doesn't really care about the game, which is good.
Anyone can be salty sometimes, I personally do get salty at times. Such as way back in Smash 4 early days I was salty about Shulk (no kidding) , Duck Hunt, and Bowser Jr in Smash 4.
Recent like Pokémon Direct and Ultra Sun & Moon... I was pretty salty... But glad they later mention the Pokémon on Switch in E3 presentation.
I mean making a video that makes fun of people getting excited because you don't understand why they're excited seems pretty cynical to me...

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
If pearl had less of a A five head, I wouldnt think she was so ugly
Like this
Honestly, it's the expression that pushes it over the edge for me, not the five head (or the eyebrows that people apparently have a problem with), although the fan art in question fixes both. If she just relaxed her eyes slightly I wouldn't mind so much. She doesn't need to lose her edge, just a quick edit so she doesn't look like Boingo on the verge of a monologue would be enough for me to not have a fundamental genre savvy reaction of concern.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The Tempest Trials this time around are muuuch easier. Mostly because the final battle doesn't have Veronica and her Renewal any more (which incidentally would make this one's final boss much more threatening), and the enemy units don't seem as annoying to deal with. I do wish they had reduced the points required for the seal and 5* Tobin, though; 40,000 still seems like too much of a grind.

Only problem so far is that my only bonus unit is a 4* Mae who I haven't gotten to level 40 or put any skills on yet. So I'll just have to send her out on team 1 and hope I only need three teams to clear it.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Screenshot_2017-07-07-12-36-49.png

MY PRECIOUS SHEEP CHILD.
Yes, luck IS another one of Mila's Blessings.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Someone wrote a summary of the new Pokemon movie "Pokemon: I Choose You" after watching its world premiere screening at Japan Expo. Water Pokemon Master from Pokebeach shared the summary on his website.

For those want to read the movie summary, you can read it here. Be warned that it contains spoilers from the movie, so if you decide to read it, do so at your own risk.

This was what the author of the summary said about his overall thoughts on the movie:

Alex is a casual Pokemon fan who has seen all the original movies. As I was working with him on the summary, he stated that he thought the film was “lacking” and “underwhelming.” He thought the two movie characters were boring and that the story’s pacing was rushed. But he thought the bad guy, Cross, was an improvement on Damian (Charmander’s owner in the TV show who Cross takes the place of in this movie).
He did enjoy some of the scenes though.

I read through the summary, and I'd thought I'd jot down some thoughts:

So it turns out those two new trainers that accompany Ash, the ones with Piplup and Lucario respectively, are from Sinnoh. The girl is from Twinleaf Town, while the boy is from Veilstone City. Yeah, they amp up the Sinnoh hints even more with their origins.

Necrozma doesn't show up at all in this movie. Not surprising.

From what we got of the summary, Marshadow seems like a minor character for most of the movie until the last third of it, where the Pokemon becomes an antagonist of some sort. I'm interested what made Marshadow go wild. Hopefully, it's not from silly reasons.

That scene with Ash and Pikachu sounds pretty good. Pikachu managing to talk human speech for a split second is surprising.

But in all, this movie doesn't seem like a kind that would "wow" me thus far. I'll have to watch it for myself to see what I think of it, but I guess it might be best to walk into it with low expectations. The last Pokemon movie that I really enjoyed was the Zoroark movie. All the gen 5 and 6 movies ranged from disappointing to bad IMO. We'll see how movie 20 compares to the others. I'm curious to know how the other reviews will turn out.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Someone wrote a summary of the new Pokemon movie "Pokemon: I Choose You" after watching its world premiere screening at Japan Expo. Water Pokemon Master from Pokebeach shared the summary on his website.

For those want to read the movie summary, you can read it here. Be warned that it contains spoilers from the movie, so if you decide to read it, do so at your own risk.

This was what the author of the summary said about his overall thoughts on the movie:

So it turns out those two new trainers that accompany Ash, the ones with Piplup and Lucario respectively, are from Sinnoh. The girl is from Twinleaf Town, while the boy is from Veilstone City. Yeah, they amp up the Sinnoh hints even more with their origins.

From what we got of the summary, Marshadow seems like a minor character for most of the movie until the last third of it, where the Pokemon becomes an antagonist of some sort. I'm interested what made Marshadow go wild. Hopefully, it's not from silly reasons.

That scene with Ash and Pikachu sounds pretty good. Pikachu managing to talk human speech for a split second is surprising.

But in all, this movie doesn't seem like a kind that would "wow" me thus far. I'll have to watch it for myself to see what I think of it, but I guess it might be best to walk into it with low expectations. The last Pokemon movie that I really enjoyed was the Zoroark movie. All the gen 5 and 6 movies ranged from disappointing to bad IMO. We'll see how movie 20 compares to the others. I'm curious to know how the other reviews will turn out.
I guess I kinda expected this, but part of me did want this movie to be better than the usual stuff.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

These Sinnoh hints though. It makes me very happy

Chrono.

Going by the spoilers, the movie does seem like a cluttered mess.

You got like 3 plots going on at once.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Going by the spoilers, the movie does seem like a cluttered mess.

You got like 3 plots going on at once.
So uh... Pokemon movies in a nutshell? That's what they usually tend to consist of. :p

These Sinnoh hints though. It makes me very happy
The day when a Sinnoh remake gets revealed is the day I may or may not actually cry. I hope it happens soon. :)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Yeah, at this rate, I think I'll have 5-Star Tobin pretty easy. I'm already at about half the score I got last time and I only have a 1.2 bonus unit (Clair). There's two weeks to do it, so I don't need to rush. Just gonna play FE Heroes whenever I fully charge my phone, and then play Crash while it charges.

I did another pull but got nothing of note. Alm still alludes me.

Chrono.

We're back to this again.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

So uh... Pokemon movies in a nutshell? That's what they usually tend to consist of. :p

I haven't watched any of them since DPs movies and they were okay.

This one feels like another level of messy.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Long*** review incoming:

Finally ended my rewatch of Corrector Yui. The last time I watched it was in the early 2000s, and I underappreciated it because I thought it was a generic attempt from Cartoon Network to capitalize the momentum of Cardcaptor Sakura... I was so ****ing wrong.

Yui.png

It is a pretty underrated series buried in the late 90s wave of Magical Girl shows. It mostly takes place on a Virtual Reality called "ComNet", but still manages to get intense; as getting killed/erased in the ComNet means your real body becoming comatose forever.
The characters are mostly computer programs called "Correctors" that protect the ComNet, they develop nicely following the idea of Artificial Intelligence having feelings and personalities that bring most of the comedy to the table, hell, even two programs fell for Yui.

Yui Kasuga is your typical clumsy, extroverted and jolly schoolgirl; despite the bland surface, she's a lovely character with attitude that can be badass and funny, blending properly with the rest of the cast.

The main plot set in VR makes the series very dynamic; one episode can take place in Medieval Japan and the next in the Wild West (that even ended in a full-scale gunfight). Resuting in never losing steam, even on fillers.

Said dynamics are enchanced by the ability of Yui to switch between suits of different elements like water, fire, etc. that give her powers like stopping time, future vision and super-strength.

Other point is the reduced shojo and romance element: Despite Yui's uber pink suit, the series doesn't feel aimed only for girls at all and there's no serious romantic subplot, making the series more action focused with a killer soundtrack for the epic factor.

Sux that the anime got abandoned in the US, as only 13 of the 52 episodes were dubbed there. Thankfully in Latin America it was finshed and got an amazing voice cast.

I'll put this series as one of my all time favorites, possibly in the same pedestal I put Sailor Moon; maybe it's bias for the genre or nostalgia, but I loved it.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Smash Bros confirmed! :crazy:

<I'm honestly and sincerely kidding>

To be expected, honestly; the only Pokemon movie I only ever remember watching a lot is Jirachi Wish Maker, and that's mainly because Jirachi was my favorite Pokemon back then. :p

Last edited:

Chrono.

So if any of you ever wanted to get into DBZ Dokkan Battle, today is a good day to do so. They're celebrating the 2nd anniversary of the game and with that comes a huge log in bonus + a truckload of events.
It's worth noting that there's a big Super Saiyan 4 event coming soon (first time SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta will be available on Global), so if you decide to play you'd do best in saving up your stones for when they come up.
Parden me but last time that happend, it meant nothing before, right?
No. Like the reply to that points out, it's always led to a Direct.

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Only problem so far is that my only bonus unit is a 4* Mae who I haven't gotten to level 40 or put any skills on yet. So I'll just have to send her out on team 1 and hope I only need three teams to clear it.
I'm stuck with a 4* Mae too. -Spd even. >.<

The best thing about her, though, is that thanks to Blue Tome Experience she's ridiculously easy to train. I got her from lv 20 to 40 without needing a Stamina refresh. :D

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hm, I thought it resulted to nothing once before
Pretty sure what you're thinking of was when there was an ARMS Direct over the expected Pokémon one, which led to the Pokémon one being a bit later than expected. We still got a Direct though.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Hm, I thought it resulted to nothing once before
It can lead to nothing for a while, the longest gap between a blank slot and a new direct was 2-3 months iirc.
The last gap was around 1 month.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

INB4 a new Culdcept Revolt direct.

Windstar

Banned via Warnings
Guys, I just found this out. If you look at the first "eye" in the Splatoon 2 logo, you can find the original Mega Man 1-up.

Nintendo, what the hell?

EDIT: False alarm. It was just a clever edit in a Vector Harbor video. Nothing to see here.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
The Spla2n music is really gud.

Definitely my fave so far:

Maybe I should download the Spla1n OST.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice to see that Entei is the one that gets the spotlight the most of the Beasts. :V

Nothing was said about Luxray, though, which confuses me since it was showing up in promotional material.

And from what was read, I now don't see any real point in featuring Butterfree at all. It's clear that Pikachu and Charizard were supposed to be the main two, and it seems all Butterfree was there for was to represent Ash's first caught Pokémon.

And Incineroar getting jobbed by Charizard is rather irksome. I was right on the nose that the two would be direct rivals, but I would've expected equal ground with Charizard just barely winning because "good guy". Charizard easily winning right after evolving mid-battle is just pathetic.

As for Marshadow going rogue towards the end, I think that has to do with the "test" that it was following Ash and co. for in regards to the Rainbow Wing, and when Cross was able to steal it, that "test" was failed.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Guys, I just found this out. If you look at the first "eye" in the Splatoon 2 logo, you can find the original Mega Man 1-up.

Nintendo, what the hell?

EDIT: False alarm. It was just a clever edit in a Vector Harbor video. Nothing to see here.
Oh yeah pff he has the sonic head hidden in his videos also

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm definitely enjoying Tempest Trials more this go around. Celica is a lot easier to deal with than Veronica thanks to the deadly force that is my Cordelia. :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Banking on the direct being one focused on USUM. We need to be able to sell the differences for it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Think I'll buy a smart phone stylus.

Not for my tablet but for the Switch. I'm SOOOOOOO used to using a stylus on the 3DS & Wii U and a finger on my Switch is not working for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom