• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
>Playing Crash
>Spent a while figuring out how to get all of the boxes in Air Crash in Crash 2
>Finally figured it out and got all of the boxes
>Get to the end of the stage
>PlayStation boots to home menu by itself
>Try to go back into game
>"You do not have the permissions to run this software"
>BS, I actually bought this on my account
>Go to Restore Licenses
>Works, but the game has to reboot meaning I lost that Clear Gem

This is why I hate buying digital copies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm not banking on a Direct in the near future especially we just got one yesterday.

May I please be wrong, though?

D

Deleted member

*Logs on Netflix*
"Castlevania Netflix Original"
Oh, it's already out? Let's see how this goes
>4 episodes
Uh, I don't think they had much faith in this

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Someone wrote a summary of the new Pokemon movie "Pokemon: I Choose You" after watching its world premiere screening at Japan Expo. Water Pokemon Master from Pokebeach shared the summary on his website.

For those want to read the movie summary, you can read it here. Be warned that it contains spoilers from the movie, so if you decide to read it, do so at your own risk.

This was what the author of the summary said about his overall thoughts on the movie:

He did enjoy some of the scenes though.

I read through the summary, and I'd thought I'd jot down some thoughts:

So it turns out those two new trainers that accompany Ash, the ones with Piplup and Lucario respectively, are from Sinnoh. The girl is from Twinleaf Town, while the boy is from Veilstone City. Yeah, they amp up the Sinnoh hints even more with their origins.

Necrozma doesn't show up at all in this movie. Not surprising.

From what we got of the summary, Marshadow seems like a minor character for most of the movie until the last third of it, where the Pokemon becomes an antagonist of some sort. I'm interested what made Marshadow go wild. Hopefully, it's not from silly reasons.

That scene with Ash and Pikachu sounds pretty good. Pikachu managing to talk human speech for a split second is surprising.

But in all, this movie doesn't seem like a kind that would "wow" me thus far. I'll have to watch it for myself to see what I think of it, but I guess it might be best to walk into it with low expectations. The last Pokemon movie that I really enjoyed was the Zoroark movie. All the gen 5 and 6 movies ranged from disappointing to bad IMO. We'll see how movie 20 compares to the others. I'm curious to know how the other reviews will turn out.
I had a bad feeling about it after seeing some of the promotions in the past few months, but it seems like my concerns were unfortunately correct. Reading through the summary, I have to agree with the above posts that it sounds like a mess. It's seems like it's trying to market so many things that it loses sight of a consistent plot and as a result its characters and storyline become underdeveloped. Granted, this is an issue with some of the other movies (Hoopa's especially), but considering some of the risks the movie seemed to be taking for celebrating the 20th anniversary it's a shame that it hit this one as well.

Maybe seeing it in person will change my perception, but considering what I've heard of the movie I can't say I expect too much.

Nothing was said about Luxray, though, which confuses me since it was showing up in promotional material.
According to another viewer, Luxray only appears briefly in a flashback as it died protecting Soji from a snowstorm. There may be a bit more to it in relevance to Soji's character, but it's otherwise seems to be unimportant.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Also, I have zero knowledge on Castlevania lote so I won't base my opinions on the series on whether it's a faithful adaptation or not.
Which will likely make for an interesting perspective when comparing to others.
They renewed it for a second season last week
Hopefully that means something

Non first scrubs get it a week later

Not if KissAnime is working properly by then

Three shorts though? I wonder on who they'll be focused on: Team JNR, the three flat villains or something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
HOLY GOD, AFTER COUNTLESS TRY, I FINALLY DID THE LAST CHALLENGE WITH AZRAEL. (And all the other challenge before it)
AND LET ME TELL YOU, THIS IS THE GREATEST FEELING EVER. :D
God, I love fighting game and I love even more video games.
And best of all, I had the Kamina color while using him, ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWAH.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Kind of not surprised to hear about the new Pokémon movie's problems, honestly. I'll admit I was kind of hoping for the best, considering Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel was, in my opinion, kind of a return to form after a long string of meh to downright poor films (even then, VatMM had its issues, but it felt more like a pre-Unova film).

Ah well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
"last post on the previous page"
tenor.gif

Damn you Smashboard!! I curse you as I curse when I got the wrong move in a combo!:4morton:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Metroid Direct?

No? Asking for too much...okay....

*keeps waiting for September*

Actually speaking of Metroid...there's the two Metroid speedruns followed by the 8 hour long FFVII speedrun tonight...that'll be cool to watch, though its a shame I won't be able to watch the entire run because it'll likely end by the time I have to go to work tomorrow...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh good! I found a tablet stylus at my house so I don't have to buy one. And it works on the Switch like I wanted.

Now I can make Splatoon 2 drawing easily (using my fingers sucked).

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Kind of not surprised to hear about the new Pokémon movie's problems, honestly. I'll admit I was kind of hoping for the best, considering Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel was, in my opinion, kind of a return to form after a long string of meh to downright poor films (even then, VatMM had its issues, but it felt more like a pre-Unova film).

Ah well.

Tbh this movie lost steam when they put a new story in the Kanto era. We expected based Brock and got random dudes.
Basically Rebuild of Pokégelion :V

I liked the last two XY movies and VatMM indeed felt like they picked up the pace with the Mega Battles and rad teamwork.

M21 better be an Ultra Beast fest.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

Ah well.
Yeah, I too would rank the Magearna movie as the best of the gen 5 and 6 movies combined. The side characters, including Volcanion and Magearna, were more enjoyable compared to the others. Jarvis (forgot his English name, but I do remember that was his Japanese name) was definitely the best villain we had from the gen 5 and 6 movies because of how cruel he was.

But when compared to the gen 1-4 movies, I still didn't like the Magearna movie that much. To me, Magearna movie lacked the charm that the better movies had. Even though Jarvis was one of the better villains in recent films, he was still nowhere as memorable as the other two most cold-hearted and sadistic villains: Iron-Masked Maurderer and Grings Kodai. Both had more backstory and cruelty going for them than Jarvis did.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Mystery Direct? Did I miss something.

Also, hi guys! I'm back!

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I'm stuck with a 4* Mae too. -Spd even. >.<

The best thing about her, though, is that thanks to Blue Tome Experience she's ridiculously easy to train. I got her from lv 20 to 40 without needing a Stamina refresh. :D
Mine is +Def -Res. Not great, but not crippling either since Blárowl lets her make up the missing Res; it does make Iceberg a little less useful as her special, though. I personally skipped on Blue Tome Exp so she would have more SP left over for more useful skills, and I'm not in any hurry to level her up anyway (though not wasting a team would be handy). Can just put her through the Training Tower for a day or two if I need to.

D

Deleted member

Well, I found the Castlevania not!anime to be quite good. The action scenes were actually really well animated and choreographed.

That'd be kinky, Vlad.
Also @Prince Alucard your performance was great

Floating Vampire Jesus is a title you should be honored to have

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh god, I don't think I have the fortitude to endure everybody boarding the rollercoaster of emotions with another nebulous direct "placeholder". v_v

Especially since if it happened in the next week or two I'd be quite surprised.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
My face when I listen to the Off the Hook song so much that I can almost understand what they're saying.

Yesterday:
"Oh cool a testfire! I would love to be able to play some splatoon 2 early as practice for when I buy it"
"hmm those hours will probably be iffy, and I always work that day"

Today:
*checks my hours for next week
"AHHHHHH **** THOSE I WORK THE EXACT SAME HOURS AS THE TESTFIRE DOESNT IT GODDAMMIT"
*come home*
*testfire STARTS when my work ends*

Can't wait ti play
I haven't used one of these in ages

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm thinking it may be likely that this Nintendo Direct will have a focus on third parties...that's one of the key things that's missing for the Switch as most worthwhile games available for the system are 1st party titles...

Reggie also said there's still unannounced games set for release this year, and at this point more than halfway through the year they might as well announce them sooner than later...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
We're back to this again.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So we've reason to believe another mini-Direct is imminent, but no clue how big it could be. Hm...

I'm not sure what they have planned, to be honest. Maybe a FE Warriors one since there're modes to elaborate on and such, maybe a Kirby trailer to reveal the spinoff set for later this year? Or maybe something smaller. Or who knows, maybe they want to push Mario + Rabbids a little further and get more people to look past the bizarre concept.

Smash would be the dream here, but there're too many intangibles to say...

Chrono.

So we've reason to believe another mini-Direct is imminent, but no clue how big it could be. Hm...

I'm not sure what they have planned, to be honest. Maybe a FE Warriors one since there're modes to elaborate on and such, maybe a Kirby trailer to reveal the spinoff set for later this year? Or maybe something smaller. Or who knows, maybe they want to push Mario + Rabbids a little further and get more people to look past the bizarre concept.

Smash would be the dream here, but there're too many intangibles to say...
Could even be a 3DS focused one with indies thrown in.

D

Deleted member

It's obviously going to be an Etrian Odyssey Direct where they'll finally announce the long-awaited EO Dating Sim
You'll finally be able to take the likes of Fenrir, Ragelope and Juggernaut in a lovely date!
Im not worried about the app at all tbh
What if Animal Crossing Gacha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom