• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Chrono.

So the EVO 2017 registration numbers are out, and there's some interesting details here.
  1. Street Fighter V: 2622
  2. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 1515
  3. Super Smash Bros. Melee: 1435
  4. Tekken 7: 1278
  5. Injustice 2: 883
  6. Guilty Gear Xrd REV 2: 827
  7. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: 648
  8. BlazBlue: Central Fiction: 499
  9. The King of Fighters XIV: 375
Takeaways:
- SFV's numbers dropped considerably from last year's 5100~ entries.
- However they remain the game with the most entrants.
- Both Melee and Smash 4 also have less entrants than last year, but the loss wasn't as much as SFV's
- Tekken 7 had the biggest increase in entrants from last year. Actually, they're the only returning game from 2016 that got higher entrants. Not surprising given the game is out to the general public now.
- Injustice 2 saw a significant increase in numbers compared to IJ1's last showing which was in 2014
- Xrd REV 2 is another one with less entrants, but the difference is pretty negligible. Curiously enough, this is an updated build of last year's Xrd, but it still wasn't enough to draw more people.
- UMvC drew less numbers as well, despite it winning the donation drive by a large margin. But Marvel has also been drawing less and less for years now.
- Central Fiction is a funny case. BB has been missing from the main stage since 2014 in what was one of the more intense tournaments and folks were looking forward to it's return. It managed to draw less numbers compared to 2014 but the difference is barely there.
- Unsurprisingly, KOFXIV has the lowest entries. It drew higher numbers than KOFXIII in 2014, but once again, the difference is negligible.

Overall, there's far less entries across the board. Pretty much because EVO is expensive as **** and last year was admittedly a bit of a cluster****.

Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So, since I was in somewhat of a FFXV mood after hearing good things about the Episode Prompto dlc, which I don't have, today I downloaded the new FFXV mobile game, A New Empire.
And I have to say...this might be my favorite FF game since Kingdom Hearts X. I have played all 15 games, and really, this has much more depth than all of them combined, and its free! I was addicted to FE and iDOLM@STER for the past 2 weeks on mobile, but I may have to put them both down to put more time into this game instead. I really recommend it, even to newcomers of Final Fantasy.

Is what I said in the parallel universe where Machine Zone bribed me.
Seriously. Game is absolute garbage and reminded me why I hate MZ and everything they do. FFXV didn't deserve to be turned into the garbage they make, and I'm going to need to play FFXV again after reading this in Noctis's voice:

Ignis: "Sounds like a waste of time and money!"
(Though I will say reading 5 star reviews of the game on itunes is entertaining.)
First time seeing an ad for this, I thought it was one of those mobile games that steals images and rebrands them. Even when Final Fantasy XV appeared at the end, I thought there's no way it's something official. It's just so bad looking.

Anyways, cool video on video game AI and why some feel "real."

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I have bought so many games today and yesterday. I got Crash, Parasite Eve, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, the DLC characters for P4A, Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Wolfenstein The New Order, Turok, Metal Gear Rising Revengance and Huniepop. Hooboy

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So the EVO 2017 registration numbers are out, and there's some interesting details here.
Takeaways:
- Both Melee and Smash 4 also have less entrants than last year, but the loss wasn't as much as SFV's
- Tekken 7 had the biggest increase in entrants from last year. Actually, they're the only returning game from 2016 that got higher entrants. Not surprising given the game is out to the general public now.
- Injustice 2 saw a significant increase in numbers compared to IJ1's last showing which was in 2014
- Xrd REV 2 is another one with less entrants, but the difference is pretty negligible. Curiously enough, this is an updated build of last year's Xrd, but it still wasn't enough to draw more people.
- UMvC drew less numbers as well, despite it winning the donation drive by a large margin. But Marvel has also been drawing less and less for years now.
- Central Fiction is a funny case. BB has been missing from the main stage since 2014 in what was one of the more intense tournaments and folks were looking forward to it's return. It managed to draw less numbers compared to 2014 but the difference is barely there.
- Unsurprisingly, KOFXIV has the lowest entries. It drew higher numbers than KOFXIII in 2014, but once again, the difference is negligible.

Overall, there's far less entries across the board. Pretty much because EVO is expensive as **** and last year was admittedly a bit of a cluster****.
How much more expensive is EVO this year compared to last?

I wonder if another reason they dropped is due to SFV not being new anymore.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Beat Crash 2 today. Still a really fun game.

Also you get the sprint from Crash 3 when you beat it. Crash 2 Time Trials are super fun with it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ivander

Smash Legend
Opossum Opossum
@Erureido

So who wants to see Matt Mercer speak with Matt Mercer? There is a Official poll going with Fire Emblem Warriors.
Basically, it's asking which FEWarriors Support Conversation do people want to see ahead of time first. In descending order, it's:
Marth X Chrom
Rowan X Liana
Ryoma X Chrom
Corrin X Xander

And if it gets retweeted 2000/3000 times, the 2nd and 3rd winners will be shown as well.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Holy **** Im gonna die from sweating so much. Its 85° but feels like 91°
Ugh, that doesn't sound good. If I were stuck in that kind of heat, I'd be trying to dab my neck with water in the hopes that it'd help somehow. Your body is clearly trying to make water evaporate to try to alleviate the situation, but that water's still coming out of your cooking body.

I mean, my solution to the issue isn't scientific at all, but it's what I'd try if I were desperate for a way to cool off. In absence of a sink I might try folding a piece of paper into a fan, but of course that's exhausting to keep doing.

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Takeaways:

EVO was growing for nearly 8 years straight before this year. Something had to give at somepoint and I'd figured this would be the year. Considering the perception of SFV now among the community, the drops were exceptted, though they're a bit drastic. Smash has also really dropped too but the community has their own circuit of tournies to work with. Tekken 7's gorwth is great to see and brings a smile to my face. GG remains pretty solid, even with it's small drop. BB always has been pretty big in Japan but never quite the case with the US (the opposite is true of GG). I'm not surprised of KoF's ow numbers. Most of the most passionate player bases are Latin American and Chinese, so a plane ticket to Vegas must be pricey. XIV is a solid game but the player base is just not there in the US.

How much more expensive is EVO this year compared to last?

I wonder if another reason they dropped is due to SFV not being new anymore.
I don't the exact prices but on site spectator passes are $40 a day for Friday and Saturday. I'd imagine the Sunday tickets are even more expensive, being in the arena proper. This is just to be there of course. Considering the cost of registration for tournaments, travel and hotel, EVO can be a pricey trip on it's own. Not too mention all the gambling and sites at Las Vegas, it's no drop in the bucket in terms of money.

Edit: Did find some prices for early bird registration for last year. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186523

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ugh, that doesn't sound good. If I were stuck in that kind of heat, I'd be trying to dab my neck with water in the hopes that it'd help somehow. Your body is clearly trying to make water evaporate to try to alleviate the situation, but that water's still coming out of your cooking body.

I mean, my solution to the issue isn't scientific at all, but it's what I'd try if I were desperate for a way to cool off. In absence of a sink I might try folding a piece of paper into a fan, but of course that's exhausting to keep doing.
I have a feeling Im gonna be staying inside this summer. I was gonna walk my black dog a few days back but I started sweating hard after a few minutes of just checking the mail and I came back and told him "I cant walk you, sorry"

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum
@Erureido

So who wants to see Matt Mercer speak with Matt Mercer? There is a Official poll going with Fire Emblem Warriors.
Basically, it's asking which FEWarriors Support Conversation do people want to see ahead of time first. In descending order, it's:
Marth X Chrom
Rowan X Liana
Ryoma X Chrom
Corrin X Xander

And if it gets retweeted 2000/3000 times, the 2nd and 3rd winners will be shown as well.
The appeal of Matt Mercer and Matt Mercer is tempting, but man...I really hope Marth X Chrom wins. There's so much they could talk about. How Archanea has changed in 2000 years, differences in their leadership approach, why the Falchion looks so different...

Really hoping that one wins.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Canada is 150 years old and I'm just sitting here drawing Metroids....

Decided to continue working on a project that I started last year for Metroid's 30th...I was working on like 4 different Metroid related things but only managed to finish one (which usually happens when you're doing too many things at once)...and with the advent of a new Metroid game coming this September, this particular project is quite fitting...

partial WIP for those interested...
Samus Metroid WIP.jpg

Not particularly happy with how Samus looks, but I'm not too worried since she's just here for scale...
Drawing Metroids is fun...

Ivander

Smash Legend
The appeal of Matt Mercer and Matt Mercer is tempting, but man...I really hope Marth X Chrom wins. There's so much they could talk about. How Archanea has changed in 2000 years, differences in their leadership approach, why the Falchion looks so different...

Really hoping that one wins.
By what I've been hearing, the currant rankings are:
1st Place = Marth X Chrom
2nd Place = Ryoma X Chrom
3rd Place = Corrin X Xander
4th Place = Rowan X Liana

So you might get your wish of seeing both Chrom ones, since there are 2000 retweets.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
By what I've been hearing, the currant rankings are:
1st Place = Marth X Chrom
2nd Place = Ryoma X Chrom
3rd Place = Corrin X Xander
4th Place = Rowan X Liana

So you might get your wish of seeing both Chrom ones, since there are 2000 retweets.
RIP Rowan x Liana, haha.

This is great news though.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Noone cares about the Ocs, and everything is right in the world.
Well I mean, at this point we don't have an actual reason to care about Rowan and Liana. Unlike all the other playable characters, they're not from a pre-existing Fire Emblem title. So naturally they'd be cared about the least. They might get more love post-release though, like Sharena did after Heroes came out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well I mean, at this point we don't have an actual reason to care about Rowan and Liana. Unlike all the other playable characters, they're not from a pre-existing Fire Emblem title. So naturally they'd be cared about the least. They might get more love post-release though, like Sharena did after Heroes came out.
They've gotten a lot of flak for being sword users as that STUPID reasoning was given after they were confirmed

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I've never cared about the OCs in any dynasty warriors spin off.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
They've gotten a lot of flak for being sword users as that STUPID reasoning was given after they were confirmed
And that's an incredibly dumb thing to hold against them as characters just because "waaaaaaah they're not Hector."

No different from the people complaining about Bayonetta because she wasn't a crocodile.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So did anybody else notice and find it amusing how Female Robin is part of the Summer Event while Male Robin is part of the Winter Event?

Also, the Top 3 Popular 1st Gen Awakening units are part of an event, with Chrom being part of Easter, Cordelia being part of the June Bride event, Female Robin and Gaius being part of the Summer Beach event and Male Robin and Tharja being part of Christmas.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And that's an incredibly dumb thing to hold against them as characters just because "waaaaaaah they're not Hector."

No different from the people complaining about Bayonetta because she wasn't a crocodile.
I'd say this is a lot different, the Ballot was supposed to be a fan favourite character getting chosen. FEW said "We can't have characters from ALL the games, too many sword fighters!" after introducing 2 new characters which all we knew was they used swords. Fans of older games especially were upset, for me, it's also because that means no Black Knight as Lu Bu

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why aren't Shaerena and her brother in Warriors? Should have used them instead of the OCs.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo I was looking around on Imgur just because and I saw this and thought of you.

This felt important for some reason.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Did a bunch of Skill Inheritance for Reinhardt and Clair.

In order to acquire all of the skills Reinhardt can now learn, he will need around 2,000 SP. Clair will need around 1,000 SP.

This is gonna take a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom