• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

Holy hell, **** the last floor in the Final Trial. It's not the fact that there's a Silver Linel. It's not the fact that there's a Turret Guardian. It's not the fact that there's like seventeen Bokoblins riding horses. No, it's the fact that there Linel runs away from you and shoots his stupid fire arrows at you. Like come on man. I decide ok I'll climb up this here tower where this Turret Guardian is and jump off and shoot his face so I can mount him but I can't do that because his accuracy it's ****ing impeccable. I'll be bee lining up it and he shoots me off. I jumped on one of the horses to do the same but as soon as I got close here shot me off the horse. Not to mention how attacks deal 15-18 hearts. And that's WITH all the armor they give you. Which is pretty much useless to be honest. AND that's just his bow. I can't imagine what his Savage Linel Spear does...

I'm not even sure that's the last floor but I'm pretty confident it is.
I'm guessing you don't got Ancient Arrows left?

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So it looks like Team Lissa lost to Team Priscilla in the Gauntlet.

An OG-Fire Emblem character managed to beat a modern-era FE character. Let that sink in.

Looks like the finals will be Team Elise vs Team Priscilla.

I never thought I'd join Team Elise, but it looks like I will just for the sake of feathers. Something tells me Elise will win this, but I will be surprised if Priscilla prevails again.

Last edited:

Windstar

Banned via Warnings

An OG-Fire Emblem character managed to beat a modern-era FE character. Let that sink in.

I never thought I'd join Team Elise, but it looks like I will just for the sake of feathers. Something tells me Elise will win this, but I will be surprised if Priscilla prevails again.
Sometimes I think about learning this Fire Emblem stuff just to decifer posts like these.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Cracked used to be really fun to read.

But recently everything they make has just been... bad.

What happened?

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Today I finally found my 3DS Stand that came with Uprising, since people said it was a good stand for the switch.

They were wrong. It's a perfect stand for the Switch, soothsayer Sakurai must have predicted people would need that hole on the bottom to charge Nintendo's next handheld.
Now I should probably play the BotW dlc......after more RPG Maker making :039:

Still arguably not as surprising as Ephriam beating Chrom before the 7x multiplier stuff happened :seuss:
I've noticed with this gauntlet, the close scores seems to be all thanks to the new 7x multiplier. And most of the Priscilla vs Lissa round was a arm wrestle with neither side getting one...with someone as popular as Elise as the opponent, I'm pretty excited for the next round, mostly to see if the new multiplier makes a difference in catching up. And will wait for a 7x multipier before using a single flag.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995

What happened?
Feels like it's toning the snark down and putting together pieces that seem more like what I'd expect from other internet media.

Could also be that they've been doing their thing so long that it's all feeling samey. Not much to be said about that.

What's your thoughts?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Feels like it's toning the snark down and putting together pieces that seem more like what I'd expect from other internet media.

Could also be that they've been doing their thing so long that it's all feeling samey. Not much to be said about that.

What's your thoughts?
Honestly I think it might be the opposite problem.

They snark less but it gives the feeling they're being serious more which doesn't work well with several articles.

That and the amount of poorly researched findings is increasing.

D

Deleted member

What happened?
From my experience with Cracked, they were way funnier when they presented information that was hilarious even on it's own. Especially when it came to subjects like history.

Now articles I've seen from them are mostly opinion pieces instead. Though their research is also pretty bad.(They even called a podcast I watch "right wing", despite it clearly being left wing.)

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Honestly I think it might be the opposite problem.

They snark less but it gives the feeling they're being serious more which doesn't work well with several articles.

That and the amount of poorly researched findings is increasing.
From my experience with Cracked, they were way funnier when they presented information that was hilarious even on it's own. Especially when it came to subjects like history.

Now articles I've seen from them are mostly opinion pieces instead. Though their research is also pretty bad.(They even called a podcast I watch "right wing", despite it clearly being left wing.)
Honestly haven't kept up on their research, which I know is damning of me. Though in my defense I usually don't go for the articles one might label "opinion pieces," unless that umbrella's broader than I think.
Or unless they're Wong's. Feel like he gets self-indulgent sometimes, but overall I like Wong's writing.

Been noticing that a lot of the columnists I recognize by name have been slowing down output recently too - Chris Bucholz, John Cheese, Adam Tod Brown, and the like, all down to something like once per month. May not like them all, but they each had a distinctive style to them.

Meanwhile Cracked's output is speeding up overall (several articles daily, seems like an average of five) and there's a lot more by Cracked Readers, conglomerates of multiple writers, and a few writers I don't recognize as well, all of whom seem to blend together stylistically.

I wouldn't call it quantity over quality per se though. Seems more like output vs. voice. They've made several pushes for new writers recently; perhaps the newbies just haven't found their footing yet? That probably ties in to less funny subject matter and more flattened, semi-serious delivery.

Last edited:

Chrono.

So EVO are doing a DBFZ side tournament.

Feels a bit early, no? It's a 3v3 game with only 7 characters confirmed so far (and one of them being playable is dubious at best).

But I get to see more of the game so can't be too fussed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just got

"The years teach much which the days never knew...
Been a member for 10 years. Are you older and wiser now?"

Has it really been 10 years since the discussion of Super Smash Bros Brawl?

Chrono.

god ****ING DAMMIT
I store I use for special editions had the Samus Returns Legacy Edition available and they ALREADY SOLD OUT AFTER I WOKE UP
It's a Nintendo game's special edition of course it's gonna sell out right off the bat.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Oh, the poll was open ended. Those were just the most common answers, haha. I was asking for any hero in the game, not just one of the top requests. :p

And yeah, you mean Clair, right? I want to pull her too, though Celica's my top choice since more mages is never a bad thing. Plus she's an absolute nuke.
I see... Ah well. Might as well add Summer Robin and Tiki to my want list. What I actually do want (and working for) is my setup for a +ATK Cherche (the one I have will supposely promote to 5* with a neutral iv. Not bad but power is essential to her.)

So well yeah. A 5* Camilla (if the game does give u one that's awesome) please. I have a 4* Barst but I don't want to have to waste 20,000 feathers for just the Brave Axe+. But I'm patient so it's good.

Lol Otherwise Im pretty much set with Xander, Azura, Soren and Kagero (:grin:).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Finally a new Bungou chapter, guess this arc is ending(?).
Earthbender guy is still alive and Fyodor didn't explain his ability so my bet is that it ain't over yet.
0bnK9sr-1.png

He truly is a true 'Murican

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin

What happened?
A gradual increase in politically charged content and a behind-the-scenes staff trying increasingly hard to sensationalize their writers' articles after the fact to grab cheap views, mostly.

Damn you, Title Guy!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Some character designs for the Tiger Square roster. These are fully fleshed out. Still gotta come up with a name for the Rider dude, (ideas welcome), and a logo and name for the Tiger dude.

Lemme know what you guys think.

Cutie Gwen Cutie Gwen
@Holder of the Heel
@N3ON
@GoldenYuiitusin
Opossum Opossum
@Disfunkshunal
Damn, when I said the Rider guy looked like IXA last time you threw everything out the window. Liking the New Den-O-esque visor too. This is for a fighting game, correct?

D

Deleted member

>No MHA episode until next week
Liek if u cri evrytiem
At least this basically confirms we'll be getting a new OP with it.

I just hope RE:Creators doesn't skip this week too and that Apocrypha actually starts today.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
TFW you only join an alliance just so you can get a pair of cool glasses only obtainable by joining them but in the end you plan to kill them all.

Ave Caesar and all that good ****...

D

Deleted member

Damn, when I said the Rider guy looked like IXA last time you threw everything out the window. Liking the New Den-O-esque visor too. This is for a fighting game, correct?
It's for a manga about a fighting game, if the manga is successful, there will be a legit fighting game made. But I am fleshing everything out as if I were actually designing a fighting game. I have a large document with all the mechanics for the game, and etc... and I'm fleshing out each character's moveset fully:
Moveset.jpg

As I need that kind of information for when doing the fights in the manga, plus, should a game get made, a large chunk of the work is already done, which facilitates the process a bit (though I know most of the fleshing out of a game is done in development, not in concept, but whatevs). I might get in touch with some of the pros on here for some feedback on things and whatnot as far as mechanics go, somewhere down the line.

Also, here's some roughs for the real world chars:
MC.jpg

And yeah, I threw out the Ixa-like design cause it was too similar. I decided on making the character more hotblooded, like your classic mecha pilots, like Simon and Gai, so I took some inspiration from TTGL and other mecha shows.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
1992-2017

All he wanted was to loyally serve Rigel, but he wasn't enough of a prettyboy to include.
I'm still disappointed we didn't get Lunatic mode, what reason could they possibly have to exclude it?
so they can make it DLC later. :^)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I have never felt so mixed about an FE Heroes pull.

I'd be over the moon if this was my first time pulling both of them.

I mean I guess I can't complain but I'm not sure what they'd be useful for.

Still no freakin' Marth, Alm or Leo tho, come on game. :(

Screenshot_20170701-130119.png

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I have never felt so mixed about an FE Heroes pull.

I'd be over the moon if this was my first time pulling both of them.

I mean I guess I can't complain but I'm not sure what they'd be useful for.

Still no freakin' Marth or Leo tho, come on game. :(

View attachment 131184
If you want Marth I'll trade you my 4* one for that Ryoma.

:^)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom