• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I finally watched the LWA finale and, like, holy **** this is probably the best ending of any series I've ever seen.(I'd put it on top of stuff like FMAB or Gurren Lagann)
It was a ride from beginning to end and I love the message that it presented.
Trigger really knows how to animate its shows because that final action scene had me so ****ing pumped and amazed, especially with the first OP playing in the background.
SERIOUSLY THO THAT SHINY ARC WAS SO HYPE I WAS EVEN SAYING IT OUTLOUD AAAAAAAAAAA

Constanze talked
Glasses!Chariot is perfect
Croix dropped the edge and nerd style and went for a more humble look, I like it.

But more importantly: DIAKKO IS ****ING CANON(kinda) HOLY ****
I'm so glad they didn't go for the obvious pair with Andrew(though an interview confirmed they considered it, which explains all the shipteasing), I don't have anything against the ship but it always just didn't feel right, like, the two never had any chemistry but I guess I'm getting sidetracked here.
*ahem*
JUST LOOK AT THESE CUTIES
TOGETHER
HOLDING HANDS
AND OBLITERATING A HATE-FILLED ARTIFICIAL MONSTER HIJACKING A MISSILE WITH A BOW THAT LITERALLY SHOT ****ING YGGDRASIL AND EXPLODED INTO MAGIC AND HAPPINESS
2e318ee0-bdab-45ec-9bbc-071336ebfbe6.png

6caaac68-f169-4d6a-8a53-a72e1a22851c.jpg

Reeally tangible note here: this episode also confirmed that wizards exist so that's nice, I was wondering about that simce the start
If you have Netflix, the show should be released sometime in the future. Watch it when it's released, I can't stress this enough: LWA is one of the most beautiful and lighthearted shows I've watched and its further proof that Trigger is the savior of anime.

Now excuse me, I need a new avi

"A believing heart is your magic!"

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well he did have a 53% crit rate.
Which is still basically a 1 in 2 chance to crit or not. I don't count anything as certain in Fire Emblem unless it's a 100% rate (though in games with the 2RN system (of which Echoes is not), anything above ~85% or so is close enough). I've been burned enough times by the RNG not to take anything for granted.

Starting the Four Job Fiesta.
Never played Final Fantasy V so this will be really weird, but maybe it will be super fun.

Being stuck with 4 black mages until the second crystal seems like it's going to be rough

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So apparently members of the original Crash Twinsanity dev team have been meeting up lately to discuss the idea of pitching a Crash Twinsanity remaster to Activision, including all of the content that was cut from the original.

One of the producers from Vivendi now works at Vicarious Visions as well.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241811482&postcount=87

Grain of salt and all that but this would be amazing if this happened.

Chrono.

Never played Final Fantasy V so this will be really weird, but maybe it will be super fun.

Being stuck with 4 black mages until the second crystal seems like it's going to be rough
What's this 4 job fiesta thing?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
So apparently members of the original Crash Twinsanity dev team have been meeting up lately to discuss the idea of pitching a Crash Twinsanity remaster to Activision, including all of the content that was cut from the original.

Was it any good? I remember renting it from Blockbuster once but it crashed everytime I beat the first boss

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

You have no clue how much I'd love a remastered Twinsanity. The fact that the original was rushed and partially unfinished (those glitches come to mind) could finally be fixed, and the game is otherwise great.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988

Final fantasy 5 is one of the best ones!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I finally watched the LWA finale and, like, holy **** this is probably the best ending of any series I've ever seen.(I'd put it on top of stuff like FMAB or Gurren Lagann)
It was a ride from beginning to end and I love the message that it presented.
Trigger really knows how to animate its shows because that final action scene had me so ****ing pumped and amazed, especially with the first OP playing in the background.
SERIOUSLY THO THAT SHINY ARC WAS SO HYPE I WAS EVEN SAYING IT OUTLOUD AAAAAAAAAAA

Constanze talked
Glasses!Chariot is perfect
Croix dropped the edge and nerd style and went for a more humble look, I like it.

But more importantly: DIAKKO IS ****ING CANON(kinda) HOLY ****
I'm so glad they didn't go for the obvious pair with Andrew(though an interview confirmed they considered it, which explains all the shipteasing), I don't have anything against the ship but it always just didn't feel right, like, the two never had any chemistry but I guess I'm getting sidetracked here.
*ahem*
JUST LOOK AT THESE CUTIES
TOGETHER
HOLDING HANDS
AND OBLITERATING A HATE-FILLED ARTIFICIAL MONSTER HIJACKING A MISSILE WITH A BOW THAT LITERALLY SHOT ****ING YGGDRASIL AND EXPLODED INTO MAGIC AND HAPPINESS
View attachment 131075
View attachment 131074

Reeally tangible note here: this episode also confirmed that wizards exist so that's nice, I was wondering about that simce the start
If you have Netflix, the show should be released sometime in the future. Watch it when it's released, I can't stress this enough: LWA is one of the most beautiful and lighthearted shows I've watched and its further proof that Trigger is the savior of anime.

Now excuse me, I need a new avi

"A believing heart is your magic!"

Any word on a english dub?I know KLK got one pretty soon after its sub ended

What's this 4 job fiesta thing?
The actual site
http://fourjobfiesta.com/

The much better description from the GAF thread
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=238743429

The gist is that every time you get to a crystal you get one job, and only one job from it you can use for your party.
EX when I get to the wind crystal I can ONLY have black mages. When I get to the next crystal I send out a tweet which will unlock my next job that I can use if I want to. At max, I can have 4 jobs for the entire game unless I choose a special rule, but i'm skipping that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Crash Twinsanity HD?

Gimme gimme gimme!

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The actual site

The gist is that every time you get to a crystal you get one job, and only one job from it you can use for your party.
EX when I get to the wind crystal I can ONLY have black mages. When I get to the next crystal I send out a tweet which will unlock my next job that I can use if I want to. At max, I can have 4 jobs for the entire game unless I choose a special rule, but i'm skipping that.
That's gonna make the game stupid hard in the end.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was it any good? I remember renting it from Blockbuster once but it crashed everytime I beat the first boss
I thought it was a pretty good game, but it was obviously held back by it's blatantly rushed development. The humour is top notch and the soundtrack is amazing and wholly unique. Gameplay was generally pretty solid though I thought Crash fell way too fast from his jumps which made the platforming more difficult than it needed to be. It was a bit too short though, which was the main drawback of it's rushed development. There were a ton of scrapped level ideas that looked really cool.

If not a remake, I would like a spiritual successor to this game. In fact, I might even prefer that. It felt like a natural evolution of Crash's gameplay for more ambitious hardware, keeping the core gameplay and moveset of the PS1 Crash games and applying it to a semi-open world environment as opposed to "almost 2D" hallway levels. They could probably even just use a lot of scrapped ideas from Twinsanity, come up with a few new ones, and have a brand new Crash game right there. One of my issues with the original was that the level design could be a bit bare at times, and a remake would be limited in that it would have to keep that for the sake of being faithful. A brand new game in a similar style wouldn't have that issue (or would have no excuse to, anyway).

In general, I'm a bit iffy on any more Crash remakes. N.Sane Trilogy is fine because the original trilogy is highly nostalgic and they all run on the same engine even in the original verisons, so it makes sense to do all three since having the gameplay framework for one means you have it for the others too. I would be fine with CTR getting a remake too since it's also highly nostalgic, is in a different genre, and is honestly one of the best kart racers of all time and still holds up, without question.

Once you get past CTR though, you're getting into the "divisive" territory, and that nostalgia appeal becomes much weaker. That's why I'd rather something like Twinsanity serve as a basis for a brand new Crash game as opposed to a straight up remake or even just a remaster. The original Crash trilogy was a tight package of games that felt complete already and are extremely beloved, so remaking them makes sense. But stuff like Twinsanity, even though I like those games, don't have the same pedigree and Twinsanity in particular was an obviously incomplete game, so taking those scrapped ideas and putting them in a new game makes more sense to me.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Decided to look more into Stair Fax. Found out there was a "Star Fox" game for the Atari 2600 in 1983 (by Mythicon, not Nintendo).

For a game sold for $9.95 back in the day, you can totally tell it's a case you get what you paid for:

Eww

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Any word on a english dub?I know KLK got one pretty soon after its sub ended
I want to believe it'll come with the Netflix release, which is on June 30th btw, since Seven Deadly Sins was also one of the "Actually not Netflix original but whatever" animes and I believe its dub came along the release on the platform
The actual site

That reminds me of a Nuzlocke variant that I heard sometime ago in which you could only catch Pokemon with the types of the badges you had(Z-Crystals for SM and Plates for Sinnoh if chosen so, alongside some other arbitrary requirements to fill the not represented badges)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
The video is broken for me
You can search the title on Youtube I guess.
Kissanime exists for a reason, my friend
So is gogoanime, those still has chance of popup ads that you better close it quick, and might even get virus if you don't have anti virus software.

D

Deleted member

what the heLL KIRBY HE WAS JUST SAYING HI TO YOU

This is why it bothers me when people portray Kirby as innocent in fan material
He's a ****ing psychopath and serial killer that needs to be stopped, he's a threat to the entire galaxy!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
He's a ****ing psychopath and serial killer that needs to be stopped, he's a threat to the entire galaxy!

That's why people need to watch the "kirby is a ****ing monster" video.

I'd post it here, but the title would make mods frown.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

I fear no man.

But that...thing...

It scares me...
IMG_20170628_020641.jpg

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
OMG!

That was a scary Ranked session...Rank 8 was a bit rough for me overall, but I finally managed to get to Rank 9, next opponent is Rank 8 so a loss is likely going to put me back to Rank 8...

so for those who play Arms I'm sure are aware of the overly complicated method to choose an alternate colour, right? Well As a Min Min main who uses the Yellow and Black skin (which requires that I hold down the left stick and hold it to the left) I was attempting to select my ideal skin, but instead of selecting properly I ended up picking Master Mummy by accident....and once your character is selected you can't change to a different character....

OOPS!!!

*Plays against a Kid Cobra*

....oh ****!

*on Snakepark*

.....double ****!!!

Ended up winning thanks to a couple clutch rushes that barely got the KO before time ran out.....Master Mummy confirmed secondary?

Anyways, had a couple other wins with my PROPER MAIN and now sitting comfortably in Rank 9...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom