• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
So I just read the statement about MvC: Infinite character and how they are just "functions*. (Yeah I'm late, but better later than never)
This is so stupid that I actually lost a brain cell by seeing that, as an actual official argument by Capcom nonethless, like, are they freaking serious?
I blame Disney, I mean, it's still Capcom's fault since they probably could've said something better, but Disney has been actively trying to undermine X-Men (including Deadpool) since 2011. It pretty much puts Capcom in a bad position since they can't just say "yeah, well Disney said we can't so that's why they're not in."

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I have absolutely no idea of what you guys are talking about, so I can't really add to the discussion.

Will this do?
Three words: Hydroelectric Metal Donkeys. Because when the flute ninjas come, you need Gotham protection. So order your shipment of gold now, least the gremlins absconder with your family. And their families.

You're not the only one. I just got back from getting my ass kicked emotionally so I'm just ****posting. I'll probably stop now.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Her Hero Suit is nothing more than a pair of boots and gloves, like, she literally wears nothing else she's a huge pervert

See.

I hear you saying this as though it's some kind of downside, or reason to be repulsed, or what have you. At the least, some kind of problem.

Shoe.

I have to say.

You have wildly misjudged your audience.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Rip friend. im scared to ask who the characters were
All of the thieves minus Morgana and Akechi
I knew a guy who literally died reading fanfiction.

I mean he had a heart attack, and it happened two months afterwards, but I think I know who really landed the final blow.

FNAF fanfictions kids. Tread lightly.
FNAF fanfiction? He had it coming

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I blame Disney, I mean, it's still Capcom's fault since they probably could've said something better, but Disney has been actively trying to undermine X-Men (including Deadpool) since 2011. It pretty much puts Capcom in a bad position since they can't just say "yeah, well Disney said we can't so that's why they're not in."
I prefer that they say that's impossible for them because of Disney than coming with lame excuse that the Internet will milk for days. It wouldn't be good in both case, but atleast they would be honest and people would be more angry at Disney than Capcom. But now, beside the gameplay, MvC:I doesn't seem to go into a great path. Which is a shame because I really like the MvC culture, with those video of hype match of people doing crazy stuff with the character they love or making comeback with character that aren't the Top 5 or are rarely seen. MvC:I might be good, even great, but if the backslash affect the sell and the peoples enjoyment of the games, then the gameplay might not be enough.

But hey, fighting game fanbase in general are hard to please, I don't know if you know alot about Blazblue. But there is so much controversy about the character, story, gameplay, AWS/Mori decision. That I'm honestly surprised now that GG Xrd/Rev/Rev 2 having so much positif feedback. Sure, there are peoples complaining because there will always peoples not liking something and claiming the old games were better. But I am glad that the GG community isn't mocked by other fanbase while the actual fanbase is more broken than Brawl Meta Knight.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
While I'm a bit late on this, but I wanted to give a happy 20th anniversary to Digimon.

Like with Pokémon and Sonic, it's pretty strange for me to think that it's been around for this long. I still remember when it first came overseas and the infamous 90s war started with it. I was one of many that didn't give it a chance because of my obsession with Pokémon at the time and I do wish I did since I ultimately did miss it at its peak. Regardless, despite that initial dismissal, I ended up giving it another chance after watching a rerun on TV when visiting family and ever since I've been hooked on it for its monsters, characters, and storylines. It's given me a lot of memories, as well as a show that I can still look back at and think well of. It may have its ups and downs, and there are certainly a couple pretty bad downs, but overall it's been a fun two decades and I'm happy that I did give it another chance when I did.

Well, nothing else to say but congratulations on this milestone and here's to another 20 years!

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-star-fox-2-release-is-a-big-awesome-surprise

Star Fox 2 developer Dylan Cuthbert was just as surprised as everyone else about the Star Fox 2 reveal.
It's nice to see how happy this release has made him. It seems like while he understood the decision, it was still very disappointing for him to not be able to get the game out after it was so close to being completed. Having Star Fox 2 finally make its way into the hands of many gamers, some of which were waiting for it to be released way back then, must've brought him a lot of joy.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
So I just read the statement about MvC: Infinite character and how they are just "functions*. (Yeah I'm late, but better later than never)
This is so stupid that I actually lost a brain cell by seeing that, as an actual official argument by Capcom nonethless, like, are they freaking serious?
Can't say you seriously expect common sense from Capcom

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Can't say you seriously expect common sense from Capcom
I don't know, with Resident Evil 7 being good in my book and SF5 being the butt monkey of the FGC. I tought that Capcom would take some good decision for once, but look where we are now! They keep making the same mistake while adding new one to the mix! I really don't know if they like pissing there fan so much. But frankly, it seem like japanese fighting game love to troll their fan for some reason.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
We live in a world where Ubisoft had a great E3, more people are excited for a DBZ fighting game than they are for a Marvel vs Capcom game, Donald Trump is President of America and DC has a great non Batman movie. WHAT A WORLD. WHAT A WORLD

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
While I'm a bit late on this, but I wanted to give a happy 20th anniversary to Digimon.

Like with Pokémon and Sonic, it's pretty strange for me to think that it's been around for this long. I still remember when it first came overseas and the infamous 90s war started with it. I was one of many that didn't give it a chance because of my obsession with Pokémon at the time and I do wish I did since I ultimately did miss it at its peak. Regardless, despite that initial dismissal, I ended up giving it another chance after watching a rerun on TV when visiting family and ever since I've been hooked on it for its monsters, characters, and storylines. It's given me a lot of memories, as well as a show that I can still look back at and think well of. It may have its ups and downs, and there are certainly a couple pretty bad downs, but overall it's been a fun two decades and I'm happy that I did give it another chance when I did.

Well, nothing else to say but congratulations on this milestone and here's to another 20 years!

It's nice to see how happy this release has made him. It seems like while he understood the decision, it was still very disappointing for him to not be able to get the game out after it was so close to being completed. Having Star Fox 2 finally make its way into the hands of many gamers, some of which were waiting for it to be released way back then, must've brought him a lot of joy.
Gomamon is still the best. :p

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
We live in a world where Ubisoft had a great E3, more people are excited for a DBZ fighting game than they are for a Marvel vs Capcom game, Donald Trump is President of America and DC has a great non Batman movie. WHAT A WORLD. WHAT A WORLD
2017: where everything go up and down.
'Still better than 2016.:p

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
From 40 damn years ago. They don't count. Also Superman IV: Quest For Peace disqualifies them
Donner didn't make Superman 3 or 4 though.
He did the first two (though he goes uncredited as director on the second film).

Honestly you're just moving the goalposts.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
*Google Images Miyu Lynx & Fay Spaniel*

Wow, I really love how cute artists have made them. Excited to see them being official now.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Two weeks ago a Cars 3 themed car won a race in Turn Left. Every race winner car gets a 1/24 scale diecast made. However Disney was like "lol no" and blocked the diecast production. Today they revealed why the business initially failed: Disney apparently wanted $500,000 for every Cars 3 logo on the production model; the car has a logo on each quarter-panel, meaning that the diecast company needed to pay $1,000,000 just for that. (Your average diecast production of let's say 1,000 cars costs only $100,000).
Then the diecast company pulled a loophole by just erasing the logos of the production model and promoting the car as a special scheme sponsored by Target.

Get Kachow'd, Disney.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Some text-less FE Cipher art started making the rounds today including those Clair cards so that means I got me some new phone wallpaper material (with parallax scrolling!).

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Some text-less FE Cipher art started making the rounds today including those Clair cards so that means I got me some new phone wallpaper material (with parallax scrolling!).
Just Eat eh?

I'm hungry now.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nothing says "refined gentleman" like a man who'd lob sea shells at your foes for you, while in swimming gear.
Frederick has done a range of things, up to and including posting nude posters of Chrom around camp in an attempt to boost morale.

Also he completely wusses out when faced with bear meat.

There is a difference between trying to be a refined gentleman and SUCCEEDING.

D

Deleted member

gAIUS ISN'T EVEN HOLDING THE BOW STRING WHAT THE ****
"Just eat"
As you command, Clair's thighs

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I prefer that they say that's impossible for them because of Disney than coming with lame excuse that the Internet will milk for days. It wouldn't be good in both case, but atleast they would be honest and people would be more angry at Disney than Capcom. But now, beside the gameplay, MvC:I doesn't seem to go into a great path. Which is a shame because I really like the MvC culture, with those video of hype match of people doing crazy stuff with the character they love or making comeback with character that aren't the Top 5 or are rarely seen. MvC:I might be good, even great, but if the backslash affect the sell and the peoples enjoyment of the games, then the gameplay might not be enough.

But hey, fighting game fanbase in general are hard to please, I don't know if you know alot about Blazblue. But there is so much controversy about the character, story, gameplay, AWS/Mori decision. That I'm honestly surprised now that GG Xrd/Rev/Rev 2 having so much positif feedback. Sure, there are peoples complaining because there will always peoples not liking something and claiming the old games were better. But I am glad that the GG community isn't mocked by other fanbase while the actual fanbase is more broken than Brawl Meta Knight.
Okay, when you run a large company that's working with another, larger company, you blame them for any issues that arise. That's totally not going to damage your own reputation harder than their's.

AmericanDJ

Marquess Ostia | Other Trap Butler ★
NNID
Derek123
3DS FC
1650-1984-4165
Switch FC
SW-7880-5897-7871
I'm a little late to say this, but the lineup for the SNES classic edition looks pretty solid.
Hopefully they don't have as much stock issues as the NES classic.

------------------

On a different note, I have now beaten the first Kingdom Hearts I!
Overall, I enjoyed the game a lot.
Of all the worlds in the game, I'd say that Hollow Bastion was my favorite.
I managed to get one of the 2 secret endings in the game (Specifically, the one with the easier unlock conditions. I didn't think that I would be able to get the complete version of the secret ending because of the fact that 3 of the Ansem Reports are dropped by Kurt Zisa, Sephiroth, and Unknown, the last of which I didn't even know the requirements for battling. And also because the time trials in the Colosseum are considered minigames.).

One down, and about seven more to go.
Also I think Simple and Clean will be stuck in my head for weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom