• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

being pro-Starco
I hope you understand that this not only means I'm ignoring and reporting you but also war.
I know where you live, Opo, this offense shall not be taken lightly, I have a pack of spaghetti, a toothbrush and the corpse of a koala so you better be ready for what's coming to you
Though what did you think of THAT episode? You know the one.

You know, I really think "one size fits all" doesn't work with FE's child units.

Super weird seeing Effie say "tummyache" and go "teeehee" in her support with Percy,

Somewhat related, I finally have Percy, so that's pretty cool.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Daily reminder that some Hebijo students punish (or shall I say nearly kill) their own students if they don't stay submerged under water for more than 6 hours.

Yeah, even an anime brawler with cute girls is far from lighthearted back in my day.

See this is why I can't trust you people

And Cid is losing too.
Disgusting.jpg
What do you expect? Sephiroth is loved by both fanboys and fangirls. He can be the coolest villain in the franchise or the hottest villain Nomura ever created.

Not that I'm into that sort of thing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know, I really think "one size fits all" doesn't work with FE's child units.

Super weird seeing Effie say "tummyache" and go "teeehee" in her support with Percy,

Somewhat related, I finally have Percy, so that's pretty cool.
I still need to play through enough to get Percy one of these days.

I keep being stuck trying to figure out who would be the best personality match for Arthur whenever I play Fates, but at the same time if there's one child unit I want to at least see for myself it's probably him.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hope you understand that this not only means I'm ignoring and reporting you but also war.
I know where you live, Opo, this offense shall not be taken lightly, I have a pack of spaghetti, a toothbrush and the corpse of a koala so you better be ready for what's coming to you
Though what did you think of THAT episode? You know the one.
The part where Star lampshades the fact that Ferguson and Alphonzo were dropped from the supporting cast had me rolling. :p
But for real, it was hilarious. The reveal that
Echo Creak was founded by an expy group of the Donner Party who went to war with opossums for their land
was hilarious.

That and it was basically an episode saying that you're defined by your actions, and not any sort of history. That's a good message.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
To be fair, Sephiroth is the main villain. Sooooooo.....

Daily reminder that some Hebijo students punish (or shall I say nearly kill) their own students if they don't stay submerged under water for more than 6 hours.

Yeah, even an anime brawler with cute girls is far from lighthearted back in my day.
And don't forget the part where shinobi have to perform blood sacrifices in a barrier to summon Yoma. Imagine if they didn't have the Visual Novel style cutscenes and did that in graphic detail.

And Dogen eats a demon fetus just to mutate himself into a Yoma.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Man when is April gonna give birth.

Never thought I'd care this much about an animal pregnancy.

D

Deleted member

The part where Star lampshades the fact that Ferguson and Alphonzo were dropped from the supporting cast had me rolling. :p
But for real, it was hilarious. The reveal that
Echo Creak was founded by an expy group of the Donner Party who went to war with opossums for their land
was hilarious.

That and it was basically an episode saying that you're defined by your actions, and not any sort of history. That's a good message.
I bet you feel offended on the inside due to the portrayal and slaughter of possums tho
Man when is April gonna give birth.
I don't think months can give birth

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I bet you feel offended on the inside due to the portrayal and slaughter of possums tho

I don't think months can give birth
The fact that it was a war and not a one-sided massacre is pretty much a compliment tho.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
*checks email*

Looks like my Switch is coming back. :4dedede:

It'll have to be a bit of a new beginning, but then after my computer bricked I'm kinda having to start a new beginning on the new computer I got just now too.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I've obtained the Master Sword and need only two more memories (both are in areas I haven't visited yet) for my second run of BotW...

And seeing as this time I'm going in without clearing the Divine Beasts it really feels like it's going to be such an incomplete playthrough...

This feels so weird...

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I would like to take the time to remind everyone that he has the same voice actor as Duke Nukem.

Whether or not that's enough I haven't the faintest clue, but that's something.

It is not.

To my dismay.

[EDIT]: Tucked because I'm embarrassed to have brought that in here, even for science.

Burst and Deep Crimson, both are on the 3DS.

They clearly focus more on the story and lore of the series, which easily seperates them from the more lighthearted fanservice heavy games like Estival Versus. I'm not saying it's Evangoleon levels of deep, but they are put in serious situations and have more character development.

Like Yagyu being hospitalized after Mirai shooting her with poison bullets and the whole trust conflict between the Hanzo Students and Crimson Squad. Even characters die on screen like the way Dogen dies after you defeat the second Yoma.

In comparison, it's just beach stuff and anime-tier humor80% of the time in the Versus games with only few serious moments.

Like the subplot with Ryona and Ryoubi's dead sister seeing them again after her death, which the latter blames herself for

Even Peach Beach Splash is no different looking at it now. The 7th game that's teased in PBS's secret ending might as well be a return to its more serious roots.
Interesting.

Endorsement noted, I'll check em out. Thank ye kindly.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Now we need more high quality for upcoming titles like this one:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
So, question for Persona fans.

What exactly are these games about?

I'm asking this because I want to diversify my gaming tastes. I was thinking of possibly picking up Persona 5.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Oh, man hadn't realized how many arrows you get on the road to Zora's Domain...I got an additional arrows just from crates and enemies and I skipped half of the road this time...

Anyways, gonna clear out most of Zora's Domain, as well as start exploring a good chunk of Eldin and Akkala before finishing off Ganon...

I at least want to make my way to the Akkala Tech Lab for some special gear...

I'm asking this because I want to diversify my gaming tastes. I was thinking of possibly picking up Persona 5.
Based on Persona 4

High schoolers trying to deal with exams, people being murdered, dating, getting used to a new hometown, demon monsters, getting part time jobs, keeping up social ties with friends and other normal teenager stuff.

Basically, it seems like "what if there was an RPG with affinity links and a pikmin style time limit?"

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Based on Persona 4

High schoolers trying to deal with exams, people being murdered, dating, getting used to a new hometown, demon monsters, getting part time jobs, keeping up social ties with friends and other normal teenager stuff.

Basically, it seems like "what if there was an RPG with affinity links and a pikmin style timer?"
How is it in terms of gameplay? I know it's an RPG but what's the combat like?

How is it in terms of gameplay? I know it's an RPG but what's the combat like?
Again, just based on Persona 4

Dungeon crawler. Run through multiple floors. Large importance on managing health and Mana and keeping them up since to refill you waste that precious time and go to the next day.

Small amount of monster training and combining since the main character can have multiple Personas.

Turn based. enemies and allies have elemental weaknesses that are super important.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Again, just based on Persona 4

Dungeon crawler. Run through multiple floors. Large importance on managing health and Mana and keeping them up since to refill you waste that precious time and go to the next day.

Small amount of monster training and combining since the main character can have multiple Personas.

Turn based. enemies and allies have elemental weaknesses that are super important.
Interesting, will probably have to look into it more.

Thanks for the info!

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Based on Persona 4

...Is this a game or an anime?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Decided to crop something around ahead of time that I'm not quite ready to use yet. . .

I have a couple of games I'm waiting to have go up for preorder.

. . .Well, technically Splat 2 is already up, but only on Amazon and the page has a typo in the title. Feels like a bad omen, LOL.

I'm using the Switch cover art for each game for the logos.

Honestly, I really like the Switch as a system. It has the potential to get a ton of games I actually care about, and everything about it looks and feels really nice. The UI is really nice and clean too, and not just "because there's nothing on it," there's wiggle room for three extra utility functions placed just as cleanly on that row assuming the grid thing takes up one like people said. The games go one place, the settings go another, I don't have to have them interspersed or scroll through five columns of stuff I never use to get to anything.

Oh, and I feel like gushing about it fairly frequently. Heh.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Decided to crop something around ahead of time that I'm not quite ready to use yet. . .

Ughhhhh.... speaking of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I still think its pathetic that Nintendo expects Wii U owners of the original MK8 to really spend 60 bucks on Deluxe.

The least they could have done is compensate us for our purchase.

Though, I just remembered that Nintendo offered one of four free games with an MK8 purchase (NSMB U, WW HD, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U), for people who bought the game withing the first few months of release, so I can't be too angry. But what about the people who bought it after those few months???

I'll likely buy it anyway though.

Professor Lexicovermis

Smash Journeyman
Took me a little while, but I finally updated my Plague Knight moveset! Please let me know what you folks think; I love comments!

Plague Knight Explodes Into Action!

Scientific Stats

Size: 6

Weight: 3

Ground Speed: 4

Jump: 4

Air Speed: 10

Fall Speed: 4

Traction: 2

Plague Knight makes heavy use of specially prepared explosives. Each of these explosives contains a unique Powder, which determines the type of explosion they cause. Unless a bomb contains Black Powder, only one of each type can be on stage. Attempting to create a new bomb of the same type will instantly detonate the current bomb. This Remote Fuse can help Plague Knight precisely hit particularly evasive foes.

Specials: Prime Your Potions!

Neutral Special – Black Powder

With very little startup, Plague Knight tosses forward a small glass bomb. This bomb bounces twice before exploding. The bomb will also detonate on contact with an enemy. Up to three bombs can exist at once, and tapping B repeatedly allows Plague Knight to throw all three as rapidly as possible. On the ground, the bomb is thrown at a low arc, hitting the ground roughly a Bowser length ahead of Plague Knight. However; using this move in midair causes Plague Knight to throw the bomb down at a 45 degree angle, and at double the speed of the ground throw. This throw also lightly pushes Plague Knight upwards. This Black Powder bomb deals 6% and very little knockback. The Black Powder bomb is Plague Knight's main method of offense, being very quick and reliable.

Side Special – Fleet Flask

Plague Knight pulls out a fiery orange potion and quickly downs it. He immediately breaks into a frenzied run, crossing the stage at double his normal dash speed. Running into a foe deals 4% to the foe and trips them. Plague Knight bounces off of them, ending his mad dash. The Fleet Flask dash can be canceled by attempting to turn around. This move is intended to help the somewhat slow Plague Knight escape from aggressive foes.

Up Special – Bomb Burst

Once this move is input, there is a very short window in which its trajectory can be set. Once this window ends, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel, launching him a good distance in the chosen direction at Sonic's dash speed. The explosion is rather small, but deals 7% and KO's at 185%. More importantly, this move can be used up to twice in the air. Much like Bayonetta's Witch Twist, the Bomb Burst does not consume Plague Knight's double jump. Thus, the optimal recovery is Burst-Jump-Burst. After the second use, this move simply cannot be used again until Plague Knight lands. This move does NOT put Plague Knight into helpless, and he can use any of his aerials or other Specials immediately after being launched. This move makes Plague Knight the master of aerial movement, but care must be taken to not launch yourself off the screen.

Down Special – Leech Liquid

Plague Knight's HUD boasts a small, green Magic Gauge. This gauge starts off full at the beginning of each stock, and is specifically used for this move. Once the move is used, Plague Knight immediately downs a blood-red potion. This causes a sinister red aura to surround him for 7 seconds. While this aura is active, all of Plague Knight's attacks deal half their normal damage.. However, every attack he lands will heal him for the damage dealt. Leech Liquid is designed to aid the somewhat fragile Plague Knight's survival. Once it is used, his Magic Gauge depletes. In fact, it slowly depletes as the Leech Liquid is in effect; this way, everyone can see how long the effect will last. To replenish the Gauge, Plague Knight must damage his foes. Once he has dealt 75%, his Magic Gauge refills completely.

Standards: Bombs Away!

Jab: Plague Knight quickly swipes with his Staff of Striking, dealing 2% and very little knockback. This move has limited range. However, the incredibly quick startup and endlag allow Plague Knight to very quickly repeat the Jab. Great for damage racking in a pinch.

Dash Attack: With nearly no startup, one of Plague Knight's bombs explodes in his satchel. The bomb imbues him with a purple aura and sends him somersaulting through the air in a very low arc. Plague Knight is completely invulnerable while the aura surrounds him, but it wears off once he travels two Bowser lengths. If used with plenty of space, this move launches him three Bowser lengths. Much like his Up Special, this move does not send Plague Knight into helpless if he launches himself off stage. He can act out of this move as soon as the aura wears off and he stops somersaulting. If Plague Knight hits a foe while covered in the aura, he deals 7% and no knockback. He simply phases through the victim, allowing him to hit multiple targets.

F-tilt: Plague Knight tosses forward a Black Powder bomb inside a Whirl Casing. This casing causes the bomb to fly straight forwards a Bowser length before boomeranging back to Plague Knight. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special.

U-tilt: Plague Knight unleashes a Sparkler Powder bomb in a Float Casing. These Sparkler Powder Bombs do not explode, instead emanating damaging sparks every half second. These sparks deal 5% and temporarily stun their victim. The Float Casing causes this bomb to rise up at an angle until it exits the screen. Unlike other bombs, these simply poof out of existence when the Remote Fuse is used.

D-tilt: Plague Knight quickly detonates a Tracer Powder bomb. This causes two green, Pokéball-sized fireballs to shoot across the stage on either side of him. These fireballs traverse the entire stage, much like a Hothead. They dissipate after 2 seconds. Should a fireball hit a foe, they suffer 6% and knockback comparable to one of Dr. Mario's Megavitamins. The Remote Fuse simply causes these fireballs to vanish.

Smashes: For Science!

F-Smash: Plague Knight rummages about in his satchel during the charge. Once it's released, he lobs forward the Big Boom, a massive bomb. This bomb explodes in midair, creating a large plus-shaped explosion. The Big Boom deals a frightening 15% and KO's as early as 165%. However, it suffers from some unfortunate startup lag, is fairly easy to see coming, and the explosion can damage Plague Knight if he's not careful. Charging this Smash merely changes the angle it is thrown at.

U-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight pours bright yellow Cluster Powder into a glass beaker. Once the charge is released, he lobs the newly finished bomb at a high arc. Once this bomb hits a foe or solid surface, it erupts into a series of small explosions, covering an area the size of Kirby. Each explosion deals 3%, with the final explosion launching the victim away with knockback that KO's at 175%. Charging this Smash causes more explosions once the bomb is detonated. At minimum charge, 4 explosions occur, and 8 occur at maximum charge.

D-Smash: While charging, Plague Knight plucks bright pink Component Powder Bombs from his satchel. Once the charge is released, he quickly tosses the bombs to the ground in front of him. Charging this move changes its behavior. At minimum charge, Plague Knight only has time to find one bomb. This creates a bright pink explosion roughly twice the size of a Pokéball. This explosion deals 6% and very light knockback. At roughly half charge, Plague Knight throws down two bombs. This creates a pink explosion the size of Electrode. This explosion deals 12% and knockback that KO's at 185%. Finally, maximum charge has Plague Knight toss down three bombs. This causes a massive chemical explosion the size of Bowser. This explosion deals 20% and KO's at 165%. This move has a bit of startup lag, making it somewhat difficult to kill with.

Aerials: Aerial Alchemist

N-Air: Plague Knight quickly tosses a Black Powder bomb in an Orbit Casing. This causes the bomb to orbit his body until it hits a foe or the ground. This bomb deals identical damage and knockback to the Standard Special. By mashing A, Plague Knight can have up to three of these orbiting him.

F-air: A special bomb bursts in Plague Knight's satchel, launching him very slightly backwards and firing a small projectile straight forwards. This projectile has infinite range and deals 4% and negligible knockback.

B-air: Plague Knight swings his satchel behind him. Should he hit a foe, a small explosion occurs, dealing 8% and knockback that KO's at 185%. This explosion also propels Plague Knight forwards a short distance.

U-air: Plague Knight performs a rising thrust with his Staff of Surging. This takes him upwards his own height. This move can only be used once in the air. Should he hit a foe, they suffer 5% and vertical knockback that can KO as early as 180%.

D-air: Plague Knight quickly conjures a massive beaker beneath him. He then rides it as it plummets to the ground, where the bubbling chemicals within it detonate. This explosion covers an area the size of Electrode, deals 10%, and KO's at 170%. Do note: it is very possible to self-destruct with this move.

Grab: Plague Knight awkwardly grasps forward in a very short-ranged grab. Decently quick.

Pummel: Plague Knight smashes a random potion in his opponent's face. This deals 4%, and is reasonably fast.

F-throw: Plague Knight quickly downs Berserker Brew, a deep blue potion. Emboldened by the potion, he then proceeds to wallop the foe repeatedly with his staff, dealing 9%. This throw does very little knockback.

B-throw: Plague Knight suddenly vanishes in a chemical explosion before reappearing behind his foe. He then bashes them over the head with his satchel, dealing 7% and leaving them prone.

U-throw: Plague Knight uppercuts the foe with his Staff of Surging. This deals 8% and vertical knockback that can KO at 185%. This throw leaves Plague Knight airborne.

D-throw: Plague Knight roughly drops the foe before casually dropping a Black Powder bomb on them. This deals the same damage and knockback as the Standard Special. This throw can be used even if there are three Black Powder bombs on stage.

Final Smash: The Ultimate Potion

Plague Knight holds aloft the Smash Ball as glowing balls of energy fly out of each opponent. These energy balls quickly merge with the Smash Ball and morph into a rainbow potion in a massive, ornate bottle. This bottle hovers above Plague Knight for a moment before he tosses a bomb at it. This causes the Ultimate Potion to erupt into an absolutely massive explosion, big enough to cover 3/4 of Final Destination. This explosion deals 50% and KO's at 160%.

Extras: Hee Hee Hee!

Up Taunt: Plague Knight dramatically pulls a straw from his satchel and plunges it into the potion he carries. He takes a sip, then stows the straw away.

Side Taunt: Plague Knight jumps up and down, pumping his fists with glee.

Down Taunt: Plague Knight slowly waltzes about the stage, wandering back and forth. This taunt is endless, and can be canceled at any time.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ughhhhh.... speaking of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I still think its pathetic that Nintendo expects Wii U owners of the original MK8 to really spend 60 bucks on Deluxe.

The least they could have done is compensate us for our purchase.

Though, I just remembered that Nintendo offered one of four free games with an MK8 purchase (NSMB U, WW HD, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U), for people who bought the game withing the first few months of release, so I can't be too angry. But what about the people who bought it after those few months???

I'll likely buy it anyway though.
Hey I never bought it in the first place. Inklings pushed me over the edge into looking into it further and the included DLC helps, I doubt I'd even have touched the original.

Terraria I did buy before, but I told myself long ago that if the at the time NX had 3.0 instead of the 1.2.4 that the version I was using at the time was staying at then I'd feel pretty comfortable picking it up. The cover has the skeleton merchant which was a 3.0 addition, so I'm pretty much in.

Do companies usually offer compensation to people who bought older versions of their games when a port is released three years later? Usually stuff like crossbuy seems to happen immediately, and the 3DS ambassador program that everyone talks about seems like it happened rather fast too. I would guess any gifts would be closer to the timeframe of a warranty from the time of a game's release, and Mario Kart 8 seems like it falls well beyond that.

For that matter, I'm not really sure Nintendo is expecting Wii U owners to be the ones buying it. Awful lot of people either didn't want a Wii U or didn't even know it existed, and I kind of get the feeling this is more intended for them. Buying Mario Kart 8 Deluxe isn't an obligation, you can always just skip it or if you have a physical version sell the Wii U version to help raise funds for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

D

Deleted member

Do companies usually offer compensation to people who bought older versions of their games when a port is released three years later?
IIRC Super Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had special bonuses (exclusive alt colors for the former and a playable Galactus for the latter) for those with save files of the vanilla versions on the same console. Plus those who bought the former only needed to buy DLC to have access to further revisions.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
IIRC Super Street Fighter IV and Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 had special bonuses (exclusive alt colors for the former and a playable Galactus for the latter) for those with save files of the vanilla versions on the same console. Plus those who bought the former only needed to buy DLC to have access to further revisions.
I'm not sure about Super Street Fighter 4 since I don't know the release schedule for that, but didn't UMvC3 release like a year after MvC3? One year is a significantly shorter time frame than three, and those two games were on the same systems. You can't really just load up your Mario Kart 8 saves for this situation, it'd involve a complicated process and even if they did bother with all the effort it might not even work for all forms of Mario Kart 8 due to them needing a way to digitally confirm that you own it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
thoes instances however were on the same system, as opposed to being across 2 console generations
i mean no one seem'd to mind when the worst last of us remastered happened on ps4 a year after the originals release

D

Deleted member

Playable Galactus was a bonus? I didn't know that, I was able to play as him without any data of MVC3.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure about Super Street Fighter 4 since I don't know the release schedule for that, but didn't UMvC3 release like a year after MvC3?
SFIV

Feb 2009 (initial console release)
April 2010 (Super)

About a year.

MvC3

Feb 2011 (initial release)
Nov 2011 (Ultimate)

Mere months.

Yeah, those probably weren't the best examples, but those are all I could think of for now.
Playable Galactus was a bonus? I didn't know that, I was able to play as him without any data of MVC3.
I might be thinking of something else, then.

Last edited by a moderator:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I am thou
Thou art I..

wait huh?

Well i started with p4 and that was about peiple whos shadows were their inner selves and what they really feel, dunno bout 3 but 5 is like that too but with a "Scummy adults are everywhere" theme
Pumpkaboo don't hurt me.
I heard that :229:
Sorry for the late reply I, Ironicly, just came from a P5 stream

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'm just gonna sell my Wii U copy of MK8 when Deluxe drops.

That way I won't feel like I'm wasting too much money (even though I probably won't get much back for it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom