• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
(that's why they do it)
Business be business, but that's still a really ****ty reason.

Doesn't matter much to me though. I still don't have a Switch. Won't be getting one for awhile. There still isn't enough games for it that I'm interested in.
Its really Both actually
Yeah, yeah, I got it now.

I decided to look into it. Doesn't look like my cup of tea though, to be honest.

D

Deleted member

I already sold my Wii U copy of MK8. Free online multiplayer aside, I really don't have any reason to revisit the original once I have Deluxe.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mario Kart 8's price is gonna drop real fast.

If you're gonna sell it, do it quick.

D

Deleted member

Playable Galactus was a bonus? I didn't know that, I was able to play as him without any data of MVC3.
Okay, I checked, and he's also unlockable by obtaining 30,000 PP. You can still use the older save file to unlock him early, though.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think I'll sell my Wii U copy of MK8 because I bought all of the DLC.

Also my copy is not for resale anyway because I bought the Limited Edition of MK8 when it launched (cheers for punishing me for being a dedicated Wii U supporter, Nintendo). Game stores won't take it.

I don't really want Deluxe unless I have a lot of friends I would be able to play with in the long term. Sadly, that's not the case.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mario Kart 8's price is gonna drop real fast.

If you're gonna sell it, do it quick.
My Mario Kart 8 copy came bundled with my Wii U. So if I where to try to sell that, I'd probably have to sell my whole console too, which I'm not quite ready to do due to me still having some use for it.

Sucks to be me I guess.....

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I don't really want Deluxe unless I have a lot of friends I would be able to play with in the long term. Sadly, that's not the case.
I didn't grab MK8 for the Wii U for basically the same reason.

Sadly MK8D isn't looking tons better, but I'll probably acquire it anyway. Gf should go for it, maybe the game night crew would be interested too.

Plus I suppose I could always play with people here from time to time.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dang.

Makes me wonder if I'd am oddity sometimes.

I mean, I don't have a lot of friend but I have enough for Mario Kart.

I must be in that strange zone to where I'm not quite the nerdy guy but not the popular person either.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I suppose the best way for me to determine how much I'll get out of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is to ask how vanilla compares to the only kart game I've ever bought before this: Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed. I bought that game and ended up playing for a pretty long time with single player, online multiplayer, and small sized but cheerful and very much existent local multiplayer races.

If it's comparable or somehow even better, the Switch has the added bonus of being able to be, uh, karted around everywhere, with the Joy-Con split offering instant multiplayer. Heck, the dock seems feasible enough to put in a bag for a trip. Can't say I haven't had times where I've been stuck on vacation some place with not really much to do and at times kind of a need for an icebreaker.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't grab MK8 for the Wii U for basically the same reason.

Sadly MK8D isn't looking tons better, but I'll probably acquire it anyway. Gf should go for it, maybe the game night crew would be interested too.

Plus I suppose I could always play with people here from time to time.
The game itself is fine, and mechanically speaking, it's the best Mario Kart (the driving feels so good). The track design is fantastic too.

But while Deluxe is fixing Battle Mode, it still doesn't have compelling single-player content like Mario Kart DS, or like Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed. So unless I find out a bunch of friends are getting it (and Switch systems to play it on - I don't know anybody who has one), and intend to play the game for a while, I see no point in getting Deluxe even if I had a Switch already.

It'll be great for those who missed the Wii U and the original game, but as someone who has both, I basically don't even recognise it as a game in the pipeline, personally.

Depending on how the rumoured Smash Bros port is handled, I could think the same way.

D

Deleted member

Why do you have so many people on Ignore? I mean; I don't know who any of those are(except LancerStaff) but are they really all deserving of it? And what did Lancer do? I remember him being a cool guy
Dang.

Makes me wonder if I'd am oddity sometimes.

I mean, I don't have a lot of friend but I have enough for Mario Kart.

I must be in that strange zone to where I'm not quite the nerdy guy but not the popular person either.
Swamp confirmed to have 3 friends
You can try being popular with other nerds, challenge the system! Worked out for me :p

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ughhhhh.... speaking of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, I still think its pathetic that Nintendo expects Wii U owners of the original MK8 to really spend 60 bucks on Deluxe.

The least they could have done is compensate us for our purchase.

Though, I just remembered that Nintendo offered one of four free games with an MK8 purchase (NSMB U, WW HD, Pikmin 3, or Wii Party U), for people who bought the game withing the first few months of release, so I can't be too angry. But what about the people who bought it after those few months???

I'll likely buy it anyway though.
They don't expect you to buy anything. It's not like they're holding a gun to your head telling you to buy the game. If you don't want it don't buy it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why do you have so many people on Ignore? I mean; I don't know who any of those are(except LancerStaff) but are they really all deserving of it? And what did Lancer do? I remember him being a cool guy

Swamp confirmed to have 3 friends
You can try being popular with other nerds, challenge the system! Worked out for me :p
If someone does nothing but piss me off continuously, I block em. Though sometimes I unblock em in case I feel a second chance is deserved. Lancy kept trying my patience when I gave him a few other chances. But that's another story

Also I got MORE people on there, like 13 people iirc

D

Deleted member

If someone does nothing but piss me off continuously, I block em. Though sometimes I unblock em in case I feel a second chance is deserved. Lancy kept trying my patience when I gave him a few other chances. But that's another story

Also I got MORE people on there, like 13 people iirc
Oh man, some threads probably get confusing for you, I know they do for me and I have only one

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I've never put anyone on ignore.

Not even old trouble makers like DivineDiety or Saturngamer.

D

Deleted member

I've only ever had one person on my Ignore list, and I don't even remember ignoring anyone or why it happened. I took them off the list once I saw them on it.

D

Deleted member

I rarely block users, even the annoying noobies since I can find them funny.

But when I do, it's often to people who are not able and/or make no effort to stand my point of view on something particular and make unnecessarily harsh responses, like a certain someone who uses some lame RWBY gif as a way of answer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I honestly hope I don't do anything bad enough to get put on ignore by anyone.

I do get a slight amount of use out of my ignore list, but at that level of intensity short of me being in a really bad mood that day there's only one thing that can set me off hard enough to pull the plug. And even then if the button is pushed only rarely I can brush it off. Constant jamming of it is pretty much the only thing that'll result in someone getting a time out, and even then if they don't keep it up I can easily see them getting back to normal viewing.

Unfortunately, there is such a thing as being diametrically the opposite of someone on a topic, and considering how shrugging and viewing ignored content with them usually eventually leads to a reminder why I put them there in the first place and asking them to stop doesn't work my hopes of eventually feeling comfortable taking one person off are kind of fading.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
goes to see who i ahve on my ignore list....huh 7 people...and 5 wound up getting banned....okay then looks like im a good judge of character

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
welp cant look at hector the same way again, got to try him out in the hero gauntlet and dude sounds like shovel knight in yooka laylee, i now nominate hector becoming shovel knight post death as the new cannon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
welp cant look at hector the same way again, got to try him out in the hero gauntlet and dude sounds like shovel knight in yooka laylee, i now nominate hector becoming shovel knight post death as the new cannon
He sounds like Dio and Ira Gamagoori to me
Granted, Patrick mother ****ing Seitz is all 3, but he's ****ing PERFECT for Hector

D

Deleted member

Just discovered this:

I can't stop laughing out loud.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
So. . .anyone have any Switch eshop games they've picked out that they've been really getting into?

I'd be interested to hear what you guys have been enjoying.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
As expected, Sephiroth pretty much destroyed Cid and the others. Like Tifa, I feel
that he makes the most sense if Cloud were to receive another rep from the same specific game. Sephiroth is just as iconic as Ganondirf after all.

Now this next poll is all about Final Fantasy VIII, where they really improved on the gameplay and visuals. Your choices are Zell, Squall (@Zebei), Rinoa, and Quistis.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

And I doubt I have anyone on ignore at all. I nobody here can be as cancerous as the average Gamefaqs user.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As expected, Sephiroth pretty much destroyed Cid and the others. Like Tifa, I feel
that he makes the most sense if Cloud were to receive another rep from the same specific game. Sephiroth is just as iconic as Ganondirf after all.

Now this next poll is all about Final Fantasy VIII, where they really improved on the gameplay and visuals. Your choices are Zell, Squall (@Zebei), Rinoa, and Quistis.

And I doubt I have anyone on ignore at all. I nobody here can be as cancerous as the average Gamefaqs user.
Squall is the only correct choice.

Inb4 Rinoa fan girls disagree.

D

Deleted member

I've had other people on my ignore list but I removed them sometime after because I was just angry when I did it and saw that they weren't as bad as I thought. Also, getting confused wasn't worth it.
The only person I do have rn is someone who is constantly toxic and that I can't see getting any better anytime soon.
To think this all started because Opo came out as a filthy Starco fan
Tomco and Janna Banana/Star best ships
I love how you say Opop "came out" as if he was coming out as gay or something
Starco destroys families. God hates Starco shippers
9 M O R E S E A S O N S M O R T Y
Not so fast, Morty. You heard your mom, we've got adventures to go on, Morty, just you and me. And sometimes your sister, and sometimes your mom, but never your dad. You wanna know why, Morty? Because he crossed me.
Oh, it gets darker, Morty. Welcome to the darkest year of our adventures! First thing that's different: no more Dad, Morty. He threatened to turn me in to the government, so I made him and the government go away.
I've replaaaced them both as the de facto patriarch of your family, and your universe. Your mom wouldn't have accepted me if I came home without you and your sister, so now you know the real reason I rescued you. I just took over the family, Morty! And if you tell your mom or sister I said any of this, I'll deny it, and they'll take my side because I'm a hero, Morty! Now you're gonna have to do whatever I say, Morty! Forever! And I'll-and I'll-I'll-I'll go out and I'll find some more of that Mulan szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce, Morty! Be-because that's-that's what this is all about, Morty! Th-th-that's my one-armed man! I'm not driven by avenging my dead family, Morty, that was fake! I-I-I'm driven by finding that McNugget sauce! I want that Mulan McNugget sauce, Morty! That's my series arc, Morty! If it takes nine seasons, I want my McNugget dipping sauce szechuan sauce, Morty! That's what's gon-what's gonna take us all the-
-Morty! Season-nine more seasons, Morty! Nine more seasons until I get that dipping szechuan sauce! Only 97 more years, Morty! I want that McNugget sauce, Morty!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I love how you say Opop "came out" as if he was coming out as gay or something
Starco destroys families. God hates Starco shippers
You don't understand
Jesus hates Starco and said it's dead
Daron ****ing Nefcy disses Starco and I believe she said it wasn't happening, though that thing could have been a joke
But she has fanart of JanStar on her 'fan art wall' along with trans Marco fan art

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Scorpio stuff is just specs. They'll still wait for E3 to actually show it off.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
So. . .anyone have any Switch eshop games they've picked out that they've been really getting into?

I'd be interested to hear what you guys have been enjoying.
Snipperclips.

By yourself, it's a clever exercise in problem solving and coordination.

With others, it's a clever exercise in problem solving and coordination punctuated by intermittently cutting your associates to pieces.

Get snippy, get snipped.

One more vote for Zell ties it up.

Somebody do the honors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom