• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Oh so it looks like I'm going to catch the Spla2oon Direct afterall.

I'm still awake and it's only like 8 mins away. Complete accident as I thought it was on at like 4 am my time.

Ivander

Smash Legend
You forgot some, here's the "Learn Your Saberfaces" masterpost
http://dailyarturia.tumblr.com/post/162433020635/whats-the-difference-between-all-the
We just roll with it at this point

You also forgot Emiya Kiritsugu and Assassin Emiya

Nero and Okita I didn't count as they are separate characters from Arthuria. I was just trying to do the ones with multiple variations rather than look-a-alikes, otherwise I would've included Avenger with Shirou. I did forget Santa Alter though. Mordred....is a 50/50 case. She is a different character from Arthuria, but she is an actual clone of Arthuria in the first place.

And I was mostly talking those with more than 2 varieties, unless we want to include Jeanne, Elizabeth Bathory, Irisviel, Ilya, Gilles, Rin, Sakura, etc.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nero and Okita I didn't count as they are separate characters from Arthuria. I was just trying to do the ones with multiple variations rather than look-a-alikes, otherwise I would've included Avenger with Shirou. I did forget Santa Alter though. Mordred....is a 50/50 case. She is a different character from Arthuria, but she is an actual clone of Arthuria in the first place.

And I was mostly talking those with more than 2 varieties, unless we want to include Jeanne, Elizabeth Bathory, Irisviel, Ilya, Gilles, Rin, Sakura, etc.
I thought we were listing Emiyas too tho
And Avenger is Angra Mainyu, right? Or are there other Avengers? And what is his relation to Shirou?
Also, will he be in the next Avengers or he isn't part of the MCU?

We need to stop the Saberface supremacy though, it's getting out of hand

Ivander

Smash Legend
I thought we were listing Emiyas too tho
And Avenger is Angra Mainyu, right? Or are there other Avengers? And what is his relation to Shirou?
Also, will he be in the next Avengers or he isn't part of the MCU?

We need to stop the Saberface supremacy though, it's getting out of hand

I was listing more Shirous rather than Emiyas. And in Fate's sequel, Hollow Ataraxia, Avenger uses Shirou's form, although Avenger's main look still looks like Shirou(especially later artstyle Shirou).
Also note the similar eye colors.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Marina and Pearl are way better than Callie and Marie.

*goes to be and wakes up with inbox filled with hate mail in the morning*

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The Squid Waifu Wars continue and a Special Splatfest on the 15th, a week before the game comes out

Team Marina lads!!

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
. . .OK, Pearl? You seem like an innocent enough kid, but you have a look on your face like you're a bunny trying to take over the world by lacing cookie dough with toxic waste. Stop that.

Marina is every kind of precious, though. EVERY. KIND.

I wonder what the backstory is for Marina? Did Pearl befriend her? I bet we'll get a Sunken Scroll for it, we did for the Squid Sisters and this has gotta be way juicier!

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
Well, I have to say; that Splatoon 2 Direct was amazing! Honestly, the only real problem I had with it is Salmon Run being a timed event. I am not sure why this has to be the case, but as long as they have a justifiable reason to make this game-mode timed, then I might be able to get used to it. As for voice chat, I don't really care about that nor do I plan on using the app for that purpose in-game, so...

Yeah, I saw that the Squid Sisters have most likely faded into obscurity in Splatoon 2 (then again, that's because of story reasons), so I am not sure what will happen after we rescue Callie in the game. Perhaps they'll return to hosting like they did in the original game while sharing a timeslot with these new hosts? Maybe the new hosts are secretly antagonists as unlikely as that is? Who knows what's going to happen.

Either way... MARINA IS AN OCTOLING. THIS TO ME IMPLIES SOMETHING VERY SPECIFIC THAT WE'VE BEEN WANTING SINCE THE ORIGINAL SPLATOON... I bet you all know what that is. :p

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well, I have to say; that Splatoon 2 Direct was amazing! Honestly, the only real problem I had with it is Salmon Run being a timed event. I am not sure why this has to be the case, but as long as they have a justifiable reason to make this game-mode timed, then I might be able to get used to it. As for voice chat, I don't really care about that nor do I plan on using the app for that purpose in-game, so...

Yeah, I saw that the Squid Sisters have most likely faded into obscurity in Splatoon 2 (then again, that's because of story reasons), so I am not sure what will happen after we rescue Callie in the game. Perhaps they'll return to hosting like they did in the original game while sharing a timeslot with these new hosts? Maybe the new hosts are secretly antagonists as unlikely as that is? Who knows what's going to happen.

Either way... MARINA IS AN OCTOLING. THIS TO ME IMPLIES SOMETHING VERY SPECIFIC THAT WE'VE BEEN WANTING SINCE THE ORIGINAL SPLATOON... I bet you all know what that is. :p
that by the time the universe dies by its eventual heat death well all be long dead? also octolings will be playable despite the fact itll probobly just be a hair option

also im very tierd take anything i say with a grain of salt

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Kids have it way too easy theses days, they can just buy their 7 Dragon Balls rather than go on an adventure for them.

IMG_20170706_134243.jpg

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
World War 3 will start because of the inevitable Squid Sisters vs. Off the Hook Splatfest.

I'm already preparing my bunker.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
All in all a great direct, got me even more hyped for the game than now but I have to say some parts of it felt rushed.

Marina tho, had me with that wow factor of "Oh **** an Ocotling!".

D

Deleted member

I like the Octoling girl, dunno what her name is
The white one is... meh
Still both are miles better than the original Sisters

Ivander

Smash Legend
Step 1 done: Watch Splatoon 2 Direct.
World War Waifu is on the rise!.........That aside, the Umbrella weapon looks pretty interesting. The Story Mode is also looking really good, especially with some of the new things like selectable weapons. Platforming elements in the battle maps will no doubt be interesting. Marina being an Octoling surprised me, unless it's some hard-to-do hairstyle only some Inklings can do. Either way, the game is looking nice.

Step 2 done: Roll on Grand Order. Did 2 sets of 10 summons, as well as 5 Ticket summons. Got 2 Lancelots, Gandr(4* Quick Card boost) and Projection(4* Art Card boost). Also got my Heracles ascended for the first time. Also got George ascended a second time(although looks like 3rd Ascension is when the true 2nd Ascension happens, as his portrait didn't change) and also ascended Caesar. And I beat Shadow Berserker with Cu Chulainn.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Marina looks cool but I think Pearl looks really over-designed.
Honestly Pearl's design seems simpler than Marina's to me.

She just looks like Boingo trying to participate in a fashion contest for kindergarteners.

I imagine Pearl's gonna win over some fans that don't take over the initial stretch with her personality, though, although Marina's always gonna be the favorite and I'm always gonna be messed over every time I pick her team due to the majority usually losing during Splatfests.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just found out about the Marvel Studios logo music for Spider-Man Homecoming.

Hearing that alone put a huge smile on my face, so I'm definitely looking forward to the new Spider-Man movie!

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I like the Octoling girl, dunno what her name is
Marina is her name
Honestly Pearl's design seems simpler than Marina's to me.

She just looks like Boingo trying to participate in a fashion contest for kindergarteners.

I imagine Pearl's gonna win over some fans that don't take over the initial stretch with her personality, though, although Marina's always gonna be the favorite and I'm always gonna be messed over every time I pick her team due to the majority usually losing during Splatfests.
I have to agree with everyone else, Pearl is pretty...darn ugly and Marina looks way better. Super pale white skin plus white hair equals loud

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
The Splatoon Direct was pretty good. That one new dualie weapon they showed (forgot the name) will probably be my weapon of choice considering how it can large amounts of ink while still retaining the rolling ability.

The pop star duo have quite the charm to them. Of the two, I definitely like Marina the most. Fun fact: I didn't realize she was an Octoling until people pointed it out in this thread, but when I look at her hair, I can definitely see how she's an Octoling. Makes me wonder how does she get along with the Inklings considering how Octolings are seen as mortal enemies.

I'm guessing Marina will be the "popular pop star" between her and Pearl for this game similar to how Marie was exactly that compared to Callie.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
. . .OK, Pearl? You seem like an innocent enough kid, but you have a look on your face like you're a bunny trying to take over the world by lacing cookie dough with toxic waste. Stop that.

Marina is every kind of precious, though. EVERY. KIND.

I wonder what the backstory is for Marina? Did Pearl befriend her? I bet we'll get a Sunken Scroll for it, we did for the Squid Sisters and this has gotta be way juicier!
Yeah, talk about when Marina is the first friendly Octoling to appear in Splatoon, she has to be an Octoling.

D

Deleted member

You pronounce SNES in the same way it's written, duh.

Also, The Seven Deadly Sins is apparently getting a 3D fighting game for the PS4 by Namco, likely going to follow the style of the Naruto Storm games because they ran out of Naruto material to work with for the time being
All I care about is Galan being playable because Ban and PRAISE THE SUN are guarantees
1 like=1 prayer for best Commandment, full of wasted potential

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Why the hardest character in the game to use is the one with the easiest challenge?

What the hell Arc System?:4gaw: Tough, if I have to be frank, I am glad I don't have to torn my hand to do micro-dash with Naoto, god, I pity those who use him at high level.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Back from the Direct, shrugteen minutes behind everyone else.

Couple thoughts.

- Lot of general good vibes. Definitely feels like more of the same, but better and more polished, and I'm all for it.
- Glad to see the old single-player environmental items are seeing more use in regular stages now.
- Dapple Dualies are probably my favorite of the new weapons. Pretty sure that's just me.
- Feel like Salmon Run really didn't need to be timed. I wonder if it's some roundabout way of handling server load?
- At first I thought Pearl just had resting ***** face, but no, turns out it's a pretty active ***** face.
- Marina for Smash.
- NintenZone needs a squid crew.

And I pronounce it snesssss. With extra mocking emphasis. Which I will double down on at the first complaint. Ditto on some other acronyms.

Now if you'll excuse me I have to go clean up and then give all my money to the people that own my house.

Birb.

[EDIT]:

That one new dualie weapon they showed (forgot the name) will probably be my weapon of choice considering how it can large amounts of ink while still retaining the rolling ability.
I stand happily ****ing corrected.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
In other news, here's a banger

Edit: :4greninja:'d