• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 5 - Thanks, Everyone

Personal Highlight of the Mini Direct?

• Super Mario Odyssey Update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fe

• Celeste

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I also thinks it's a safe bet people will hack the SNES Classic Edition so they can dump Star Fox 2 into ROM format (which I'll download if Nintendo kills the SNES Mini quickly again).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yay for Star Fox 2! I may or may not have already played some version of it somehow, but I'm thrilled for the art and the potential for it to bring renewed attention to the series.

I will say though that a SNES Classic without Chrono Trigger just feels... incomplete... :/

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Forget the SNES Mini, freaking Pac-Man Vs is coming back folks. Oh damn.

This game was insanely fun party title and was directed by Miyamoto himself
This was the main reason why I got Pac-Man World 2, to be honest. Rented it once, and it was a lot of fun.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
It's subjective, sure, but I really don't think the US system compares favourably to the PAL/Japanese one:

I personally don't see anything attractive in the bland boxy US design, with its controller buttons that are all the same shades of grey and purple. The PAL/Japanese one, on the other hand, has smooth, rounded corners and edges, and the multi-coloured logo (on the top-right of the system) and controller buttons. I really don't think there's any comparison between the two, personally.
Personaly I find the bottom one pretty ugly

Seeing how clean the SNES at the top his reminds me how bad mine is yellowing

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hopefully the $80 price tag means Nintendo learned their lesson and will have a greater commitment to this new system. I doubt few here would disagree that at $60 the NES Classic probably wasn't making much of a profit.

Chrono.

Ohhh boy, did not expect this today. Thoughts:
- I love the games announced, lots I've been wanting to try out like Secret of Mana
- No Chrono Trigger is rather disappointing, it's one of the bigger and more well known SNES titles
- Ditto for DKC2
- Holy **** Star Fox 2
- Whyyyyy September. There's way too many games I want around that time.
Same here, I was so disappointed when I got Dorugremon and saw I couldn't get him, especially since I prefer him to Alphamon (who's not bad, I just like the other Mega more). Chaosdramon was also recently confirmed to be in, so I'm just hoping for three other Digimon and my most wanted list is pretty much complete.

Also, hating on lord Megidramon? Unforgivable.
It's the opposite actually, I was looking forward to him. But when I wrote the post I put "Now to wait for Megidramon to join in" ... Before realizing he was in that same screenshot.

Whoops.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Hopefully the $80 price tag means Nintendo learned their lesson and will have a greater commitment to this new system. I doubt few here would disagree that at $60 the NES Classic probably wasn't making much of a profit.
They admitted they were blindsided by the NES Classic's success, so I would imagine they would put at least somewhat more effort into it.

On the other hand, the part that's most likely to cause further Switch shortages due to lack of supply was in the NES Classic and presumably is in the SNES Classic as well, so. . .

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
They admitted they were blindsided by the NES Classic's success, so I would imagine they would put at least somewhat more effort into it.

On the other hand, the part that's most likely to cause further Switch shortages due to lack of supply was in the NES Classic and presumably is in the SNES Classic as well, so. . .
Got a source on which part?

Curious where the bottleneck is.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Got a source on which part?

Curious where the bottleneck is.
Every time I see discussion on Switch shortages, it's stated that it boils down to NAND chips.

https://nintendotimes.com/2017/05/30/is-it-1988-chip-shortage-could-hamstring-switch-production/

Problemmo: That's what the iPhone uses.

*EDIT* Here's a list of what was found in teardowns of the Mini that shows it uses NAND

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/11/nes-mini-teardowns-have-begun-chips-identified/

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Looks like 2017 will be the year we get the best new official Starfox game since Starfox 64.

And it's a SNES game...

Last edited:

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Seeing Star Fox 2 getting pulled from out of nowhere like this just feels so odd, especially considering how Nintendo's treating it like it's no big deal. But hey, it's cool to have it see the light of day after so long.

:094:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Amazing library right here
SNES is GOAT
only one DKC tho

Im getting this for sure, specially because my SNES suddenly started dying.

The spritework and music on that console is pure art.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd consider buying a SNES mini for nostalgia alone but lol I'n already short on money for this Fall season and I need EOV and a Switch
Man I wish I could just buy as many pitchforks in Exhoes as I wanted.

I used 2 one for Clive who I turned into a Mercenary and one I used on Emma to make her a Cavalier.

Clive I made a Mercenary since he's not really that good as a Cavalier and I need more sword users on Alm's side and I turned Emma into a Cavalier cause I have her on Celica's route and so I don't need 4 Pegasus Knights.
Why would you turn her into a Cavalier in ANY route? Celica's maps don't need a horse at all since as Gold Knight they'll be moving as much as DFs, and really, Mov is the only thing they have going for them as a class. Not to mention she loses on 10 Damage against 70% of the enemies in Celica's Act 4.

Btw, Mila's Bounty 5 has another Pitchfork

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I've played 17/21 games on the SNES Classic, including SF2 (and SFII lol), and the remaining ones I really have little desire to play... and I really wish Chrono Trigger and DKC2 (and Killer Instinct) had made the list... but I'm still going to try my best to track one of these suckers down. :p

SNES is my fav system.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though Miyu Lynx and Fay Spaniel are now official, I have doubts we'll see them in new installments of Star Fox games (whenever that'll happen).

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Here we go again

Make sure there's enough stock and don't cancel is so soon yeah?

Holy **** at Star Fox 2 though

Damn! This is awesome! 21 SNES games, including Star Fox 2!

I still wish it had 30 games just like the NES Classic Edition but I guess a second controller makes up for the lack of 9 games, especially Donkey Kong Country 2-3.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
When I get the SNES Imma play the **** out of Super Castlevania IV to the point I might not play another game in a month.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I'd consider buying a SNES mini for nostalgia alone but lol I'n already short on money for this Fall season and I need EOV and a Switch

Why would you turn her into a Cavalier in ANY route? Celica's maps don't need a horse at all since as Gold Knight they'll be moving as much as DFs, and really, Mov is the only thing they have going for them as a class. Not to mention she loses on 10 Damage against 70% of the enemies in Celica's Act 4.

Btw, Mila's Bounty 5 has another Pitchfork

Well because I wanted a cavalier and forgot about the desert maps.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo went and surprised me by including not only two games that haven't gotten Virtual Console releases (the original Star Fox and the SNES version of Yoshi's Island), but also the cancelled Star Fox 2.

Nice selection of games, by the way. The lack of DKC2 or Chrono Trigger is disappointing, though.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If I actually get my hands on this damn thing, here are the SNES games I haven't played before:
  • Castlevannia IV
  • Mega Man X
  • Final Fantasy III (or VI or whatever you call it)
  • Contra III: The Aliens Wars
  • Secret of Mana
  • Super Ghosts & Ghouls
I played a bit of the Stair Fax 2 prototype but now that an official finished one is coming our way...

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking at the Star Fox 2 art, I think it's the same people who did the Star Fox Command cutscene art.

Also, I almost forgot that I got my twin bro a reproduction cart of Star Fox 2 a couple Christmases ago. Wonder what he thinks of this news.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
It would have been cooler if instead of these mini consoles they were a cartridge for the Switch each.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It would have been cooler if instead of these mini consoles they were a cartridge for the Switch each.
Ehhh, then you kind of need a Switch for it. Larger audience this way.

Well, I mean, potential for a larger audience. No accounting for Nintendo making these things unfairly hard to find. v_v

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Ehhh, then you kind of need a Switch for it. Larger audience this way.

Well, I mean, potential for a larger audience. No accounting for Nintendo making these things unfairly hard to find. v_v
Nah on the Switch would be better cause it would have portability and would be cheaper and would also not get discontinued and would not be bought out by scalpers.

Chrono.

Tbh I can see Nintendo launching a standalone digital version of Star Fox 2 for the Switch in a year or 2.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nah on the Switch would be better cause it would have portability and would be cheaper and would also not get discontinued and would not be bought out by scalpers.
That's not the audience Nintendo is targeting though. Sure it would be better for Switch owners such as myself, but Nintendo obviously wants to create a product that exists in an of itself. Which btw, is a lot cheaper considering you get the system and 21 games for 80 dollars.

The discontinuing and scalper stuff is due to Nintendo's business decisions, not the product itself. The product is meant to be a novelty system that is self-contained and appeals to the nostalgia crowd, the general gamer crowd, the crowd that isn't going to spend hundreds for some games, and the Nintendo crowd. The Switch does not overlap with all those demos.

Tbh I can see Nintendo launching a standalone digital version of Star Fox 2 for the Switch in a year or 2.
I'm very confident this will happen.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Switch game collections are better for the average Nintendo fan, but the mini consoles are better for Nintendo themselves.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I always thought it would be nice to have a compilation game called "NES Switch Edition" and it has the 30 NES games that are on the NES Classic Edition. 30 NES games in one tiny Switch game cartridge.

Same for "SNES Switch Edition".

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Well it's only getting a 4 month retail run, so much for "we'll put more effort into this one".

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I managed to get a pre-order but with how Nintendo is with Irish retailers, I'm not sure that's much of a guarantee of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom