• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I am definitely better at gen 1 now then I was then.

I'm looking at the moves Nidorano can learn, and unless I want horn drill, a 30% accuracy, he has no reason not to evolve right now.

Also, for some reason I always gave him Thrash in gen 1, but Body slam is superior. It can paralyze opponent, doesn't disable my own mon, and only as 5 base power difference

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Im in the sub camp for recent stuff. Classic anime got some great dubbing in Latin America but now anime is mostly absent from TV and series like Pokémon have been affected by intrusive clients that restrict the dialogues or VAs; Toei has a rule that blocks VAs from dubbing more than one character, and that affected new versions or continuations of old series because VAs commonly used to dub more than character.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I was looking into this "Russian Hacking" thing, and you know what I found? Apparently, they weren't "hacked", someone opened a spam email with an attachment that contained a malware virus a link to a phishing scam that transmitted data to an unknown sender, which the CIA is assuming, without evidence, is Russia.

Good to know people in charge of national security have the internet knowledge of my grandmother

https://www.us-cert.gov/sites/default/files/publications/JAR_16-20296A_GRIZZLY STEPPE-2016-1229.pdf

Untitled-1.jpg

What, were they REALLY hoping a Nigerian Prince wanted to transfer money into their account? LOL

Edit: Excuse me, I said "Attachment with a Malware"

It's a Phishing scam. LOL, that's not any better

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I read some info about dubs and discovered that Dragon Ball Super will get a LA dub with most of the original voice cast. :079:

Is cool to see that the sometimes rabid DB fandom of Latin America once again made Toei satisfy their demands.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In other news, CNN has been listed as "The least trustworthy source of news" which makes me smile.

They are horrible

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I just finished playing some Skyrim for today and I gotta say, I think I'm afraid of open world exploration games that involve isolation. I had a Chocobo following me and it scared me when it popped out of nowhere after I thought that it had left me. To make matters worse my mom called to me and I audibly gasped in fear. Skyrim I'd a great game and all and it makes me excited for BotW but I wonder if I'll feel the same fear/anxiety when playing it.

Last edited:

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
In other news, CNN has been listed as "The least trustworthy source of news" which makes me smile.

They are horrible
Lovely. That means I have a vid to show you:
Makes me laugh every time at 3:58.
Caution: It has some daytime television profanity.
I just finished playing some Skyrim for today and I gotta say, I think I'm afraid of open world exploration games that involve isolation. I had a Chocobo following me and it scared me when it popped out of nowhere after I thought that it had left me. To make matters worse my mom called to me and I audibly gasped in fear. Skyrim I'd a great game and all and it makes me excited for BotW but I wonder if I'll feel the same fear/anxiety when playing it.
I know that feeling. It's strange playing an open world game at from what I can assume is night. It just feels weird. It's uneasy. Between horror game scary and the routine of a fighting game. If you know what I mean...
ANYWAY, I don't think that Skyrim went out of it's way to have isolation but as the nature of how development in games works, it has it. Developers focus more on the square footage of a game instead of the population density and it gives the game an isolated feel. Skyrim also has understated music so a person wouldn't feel like that's keeping them company.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Alolan Butterfree

Bug/ Psychic
Tinted Lenses/ Magic Guard HA: Wonder Skin
HP: 60
Attack:
Defense:
Sp.Atk:
Sp.Def:
Speed:

Learns Psychic naturally
Add Power Gem to Learn list, egg move perhaps

Butterfree gets a buff to 410 Base Power Total

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I thought Poochy was gonna sniff his butt.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I do believe this means we're not getting Emperor Crimson in the subs for Part V
While I like to joke about it, King Crimson's power aren't that hard to understand once you get the idea. It's just the poor translation and most peoples trying to explain too much a ability that can be resume as:
Diavolo can see 10 second in the futur thanks to Epitaph (King Crimson's second ability), he can create a zone (or if you prefer, he "erase time") where everyone (Except Diavolo himself) will do what he seen with Epitaph, since he can move while everyone else is forced to do in Diavolo vision. He can just dodge easily and position himself to a place where, when his "erased time" stop, he can finish the enemy, who have no clue of what is going, with just one punch.
So, in short, KC ability is to manipule fate in Diavolo favor. Not "erasing time" or **** like that.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Demon's Crest is harder than I thought. But it can give you some good checkpoints.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
While I like to joke about it, King Crimson's power aren't that hard to understand once you get the idea. It's just the poor translation and most peoples trying to explain too much a ability that can be resume as:
Diavolo can see 10 second in the futur thanks to Epitaph (King Crimson's second ability), he can create a zone (or if you prefer, he "erase time") where everyone (Except Diavolo himself) will do what he seen with Epitaph, since he can move while everyone else is forced to do in Diavolo vision. He can just dodge easily and position himself to a place where, when his "erased time" stop, he can finish the enemy, who have no clue of what is going, with just one punch.
So, in short, KC ability is to manipule fate in Diavolo favor. Not "erasing time" or **** like that.
First of all, HOW DOES IT WORK is one of the best Jojokes, second, we ALL know Vento Aureo had a ****ty translation, third, you're wrong
Imagine that I wrote a book and you read it for the first time. With King Crimson, I can rip a page out before you reading. You only see what happens before the page and after the page, but only I know what's on the page. It's not manipulating fate, but seeing the future and pressing the skip scene button on a dvd player. It suddenly skips to the time KC didn't erase and you just missed what happened

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
First of all, HOW DOES IT WORK is one of the best Jojokes, second, we ALL know Vento Aureo had a ****ty translation, third, you're wrong
Imagine that I wrote a book and you read it for the first time. With King Crimson, I can rip a page out before you reading. You only see what happens before the page and after the page, but only I know what's on the page. It's not manipulating fate, but seeing the future and pressing the skip scene button on a dvd player. It suddenly skips to the time KC didn't erase and you just missed what happened
I did said the joke was funny, it's just that some peoples like to go too far and call KC a stupid stand because "it just work". But beside that, again, I like the Jojoke!
And isn't basically what I said? It's just that, when Diavolo "erase time", you are doing something but you don't know you are doing it. You are doing exactly like Diavolo seen in his vision. While he can do anything beside attacking.
For exemple, let's just say that, I am fighting Diavolo, he see the futur to see that I am going to charge him. After that, he activate KC and begin to "erase time". Here, I don't know what I am doing but I am still charging like Diavolo saw. He dodge, he deactivate KC ability and time return to normal. But since I didn't know what happen, just like you said, it's like the page 2 have been removed between page 1 and 3 (the moment I was going to charge directly pass on the moment I already charged) making it like KC erased time.
So, you are right, he can erase time sort of. But I prefer saying he manipule fate in his favor. Because, you know Part 5 talk alot about fate? More so than any other Part (beside maybe Part 6)? I like to seen it like that because it go well with the theme of Ventos Aureo (and make the ending make more sense with that theme). But that's just my opinion.

BlueX

Smash Hero
NNID
ukgh01
3DS FC
3325-4567-0562
Contributing to the dubs anime conversation, I usually don't really mind watching ether of them personally. The best dub for me would be the 2001 Pioneer dub of Akira.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This is what happens when every main villain needs to have a time-related Stand. 9 seconds time stops become 9 minutes, Bite Za Dusto is op pls nerf and it just works.

Also, on the topic of Sub vs. Dub that I saw some pages ago, I prefer Subs because I like watching in the language the show was made.
There have ever been only two exceptions for me, and one of them was Avatar, because the original English version just sucks, the Brazilian Portuguese dub is just so much better and this is in no way biased.
Surprisingly, I prefer the English version of Korra over the PT-BR dub.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I did said the joke was funny, it's just that some peoples like to go too far and call KC a stupid stand because "it just work". But beside that, again, I like the Jojoke!
And isn't basically what I said? It's just that, when Diavolo "erase time", you are doing something but you don't know you are doing it. You are doing exactly like Diavolo seen in his vision. While he can do anything beside attacking.
For exemple, let's just say that, I am fighting Diavolo, he see the futur to see that I am going to charge him. After that, he activate KC and begin to "erase time". Here, I don't know what I am doing but I am still charging like Diavolo saw. He dodge, he deactivate KC ability and time return to normal. But since I didn't know what happen, just like you said, it's like the page 2 have been removed between page 1 and 3 (the moment I was going to charge directly pass on the moment I already charged) making it like KC erased time.
So, you are right, he can erase time sort of. But I prefer saying he manipule fate in his favor. Because, you know Part 5 talk alot about fate? More so than any other Part (beside maybe Part 6)? I like to seen it like that because it go well with the theme of Ventos Aureo (and make the ending make more sense with that theme). But that's just my opinion.
No. If Diavolo saw you want to charge him, he'd skip time to the point you already charged him, you're thinking solely of Epitaph
Other than how KC shouldn't be able to interact with the waffle, this is how the time erasure works

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
No. If Diavolo saw you want to charge him, he'd skip time to the point you already charged him, you're thinking solely of Epitaph
Other than how KC shouldn't be able to interact with the waffle, this is how the time erasure works
I don't see anything wrong in my theory. I just explain how KC work when time is being erased. I mean, look at this (Sorry to use the old scan, but the dialogue is not important here)

Here, Diavolo activate KC, in the page before, he used Epipath to see what GER and Mista will do. Here, in this dimension, Giorno is forced (while not knowing what he is doing) to do what Diavolo seen in his vision - same for Mista when he shoot - which beating the **** out of him. Since Diavolo seen what happen, he dodged the fist of GER and the bullet of Sex Pistol. After that, he deactivate the dimension and there, he attack.
Of course, since it's GER, it doesn't work but you get the idea.
My theory isn't wrong, it's just another way to see KC power in a another sense. He erase time and put himself in a good position in the erased time. He just cannot attack when this dimension is activate but the can do anything else.
Also, if my theory is still not OK for you. Then I propose we stop here because, really.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just leaned the other day, from Gnoggin's video, that mammals usually have more nipples than their usual litter of children

Including humans, who usually only have 1 child.
Marsupials, with their special snowflake ways, fly in the face of this.

Especially opossums. They can have up to like thirty at a time, but only have thirteen nipples in the pouch, so many of them die immediately. It's like "thirteen, plus the insurance."

(Also the nipples are arranged in a ring with one in the center if I remember correctly. Yes this is very important to know.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I don't see anything wrong in my theory. I just explain how KC work when time is being erased. I mean, look at this (Sorry to use the old scan, but the dialogue is not important here)

Here, Diavolo activate KC, in the page before, he used Epipath to see what GER and Mista will do. Here, in this dimension, Giorno is forced (while not knowing what he is doing) to do what Diavolo seen in his vision - same for Mista when he shoot - which beating the **** out of him. Since Diavolo seen what happen, he dodged the fist of GER and the bullet of Sex Pistol. After that, he deactivate the dimension and there, he attack.
Of course, since it's GER, it doesn't work but you get the idea.
My theory isn't wrong, it's just another way to see KC power in a another sense. He erase time and put himself in a good position in the erased time. He just cannot attack when this dimension is activate but the can do anything else.
Also, if my theory is still not OK for you. Then I propose we stop here because, really.
Again, you're mixing it up with Epitaph. Epitaph lets him see the future and let him strategize.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Again, you're mixing it up with Epitaph. Epitaph lets him see the future and let him strategize.
No really, he can move while "time is erased", I explain it right there. Epitpah let him strategize in the sense he already know what he will do when he will activate KC. Because everyting move during his erased time, I just show how KC ability look from Diavolo view of point. Everything is happening while he has to move to not get hit by whatever thing he seen (GER punch and Sex Pistol bullet in his last fight with Giorno and Mista).
Here other pages of the fight

Here, he dodged the bullet because he has seen with Epitaph, if he haven't seen, then Diavolo would have get wounded or killed. Erasing time doesn't make him invincible, he has to dodge the hit before time return to normal.
Really tough, can't we just go back to "it just works" joke? I don't think there is a single way to see KC power. The PS2 game have a different way to show it's power contrary to All Star Battle. Heck, even Eyes of Heaven have a different way to show KC power from what I heard.
So, let's just agree that it just works, OK? This discussion is never going to end if not.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No really, he can move while "time is erased", I explain it right there. Epitpah let him strategize in the sense he already know what he will do when he will activate KC. Because everyting move during his erased time, I just show how KC ability look from Diavolo view of point. Everything is happening while he has to move to not get hit by whatever thing he seen (GER punch and Sex Pistol bullet in his last fight with Giorno and Mista).
Here other pages of the fight

Here, he dodged the bullet because he has seen with Epitaph, if he haven't seen, then Diavolo would have get wounded or killed. Erasing time doesn't make him invincible, he has to dodge the hit before time return to normal.
Really tough, can't we just go back to "it just works" joke? I don't think there is a single way to see KC power. The PS2 game have a different way to show it's power contrary to All Star Battle. Heck, even Eyes of Heaven have a different way to show KC power from what I heard.
So, let's just agree that it just works, OK? This discussion is never going to end if not.
The PS2 game was moreso a beatemup, so that wouldn't work. ASB has it work that only Diavolo can move for a few seconds so he can reposition himself to set up a counteract. Eyes of Heaven turns him invisible while doing this iirc
fiiiiiine, but I found a perfect image a minute ago

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The PS2 game was moreso a beatemup, so that wouldn't work. ASB has it work that only Diavolo can move for a few seconds so he can reposition himself to set up a counteract. Eyes of Heaven turns him invisible while doing this iirc
fiiiiiine, but I found a perfect image a minute ago
Really, I don't want that it goes into a debate. You can interpret KC power in so many way that until Araki tell exactly how KC work. Nobody will have the real answer.
But hey, alteast, thanks to that, we have video like this.
IT JUST WORKS.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Fixed that for you
I actually thinked of that video.
Still, Araki should just say that KC power is to make everyone that try to understand it to become insane. There, it would be alot simpler lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Knowing Araki he'd remake King Crimson and call it [TIME KEEPS ON SLIPPIN BY] so people understand it
Wait, it's the name of a actual song?
*search on Google*
...Welp, I just learned something today.
Good job you clever Chaser.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Either you're modding or you're a liar
Modding
I know that feeling. It's strange playing an open world game at from what I can assume is night. It just feels weird. It's uneasy. Between horror game scary and the routine of a fighting game. If you know what I mean...
ANYWAY, I don't think that Skyrim went out of it's way to have isolation but as the nature of how development in games works, it has it. Developers focus more on the square footage of a game instead of the population density and it gives the game an isolated feel. Skyrim also has understated music so a person wouldn't feel like that's keeping them company.
Yeah it was 2 AM but I had some music playing that wasn't from the game. I was in a cave/dungeon and I get jumpy at those. Its still lots of fun though. Normally I wouldn't focus on the lack of NPCs in an area, but with slow progress and my unfamiliarity with open world games, the isolation just stands out to me.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I read some info about dubs and discovered that Dragon Ball Super will get a LA dub with most of the original voice cast. :079:

Is cool to see that the sometimes rabid DB fandom of Latin America once again made Toei satisfy their demands.
Speaking of Original Dubs, The yugioh movie is getting the original VAs

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So the Switch presentation is this Friday? I'm not even going to speculate what's going to be presented. It's a new console, im just going to let it take me by surprise.

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but what time does the stream start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom