• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was thinking along the lines of 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy which I feel are the core 3D Mario experiences. That's not saying 3D World isn't a bad game of course. Just not like the others.

Yes that's true but in terms of the game that should be the main focus of the Presentation or be the center of attention that's the game to have.
It shouldn't be the main focus of a presentation that doesn't even say 'Mario game' on the presentation. Consider how many things were said by Laura, who HAS leaked stuff reliably before, like the PS4 Slim. If the presentation is an hour long, I'm not sure that's still enough for all those and talking about the console. I'd sooner expect the Mario game to be the focus on Treehouse

Chrono.

I expect a Mario trailer or teaser of sorts.

I think that's either a summer game or a late holiday game tbh so I don't expect deep coverage until E3 or somewhat before.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
It shouldn't be the main focus of a presentation that doesn't even say 'Mario game' on the presentation. Consider how many things were said by Laura, who HAS leaked stuff reliably before, like the PS4 Slim. If the presentation is an hour long, I'm not sure that's still enough for all those and talking about the console. I'd sooner expect the Mario game to be the focus on Treehouse
Main focus wasn't the right word to use I guess. That would imply that it's talked about throughout the whole Presentation which it probably won't be and shouldn't be really.

I was thinking along the lines what Star Fox Zero was for E3 2015. It was essentially the headliner for that Digital Event.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Oh and Genesect got banned again. I dunno when the ban was decided but I just saw. Lol
1 weakness
1 amazing movepull
2 great offensive stats
Coming soon in theatres near you!
Main focus wasn't the right word to use I guess. That would imply that it's talked about throughout the whole Presentation which it probably won't be and shouldn't be really.

I was thinking along the lines what Star Fox Zero was for E3 2015. It was essentially the headliner for that Digital Event.
Was SFZ really given that much focus? All I remember was a trailer and muppet sketch

Chrono.

1 weakness
1 amazing movepull
2 great offensive stats
Coming soon in theatres near you!

Was SFZ really given that much focus? All I remember was a trailer and muppet sketch
It was definitely the biggest focus of the 2015 E3 other than the final Mario sketch.

God, I just remembered how rubbish that E3 was.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah. It kicked off the show, had a sketch designed for it, and had this long 5-10 minute trailer/interview with Miyamoto where he talked about his influences for Star Fox.
It was definitely the biggest focus of the 2015 E3 other than the final Mario sketch.

Yeah, that E3 was really bad. So much nothing filled in it.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

I like to pretend Nintendo didn't have an E3 2015 presentation and that the Nintendo World Championship was the only thing they did that year. :p

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Most of the focus on SFZ after E3 was dev talk on later directs; said talks took too much time and were kinda boring iirc.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
That's true but the new Mario game is poised to be huge and since we saw BoTW a lot already it would be better to make the 3D Mario game the feature attraction given the game will only have a 2-month build up to it's release.
Yep. A game we don't know anything about nor the name, and saw 2 seconds of is definitely more hype than BotW.

I'm being sarcastic, just so you know.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yep. A game we don't know anything about nor the name, and saw 2 seconds of is definitely more hype than BotW.

I'm being sarcastic, just so you know.
I'm more hyped for the new 3D Mario than BotW.

I'm being serious, just so you know.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Alrighty, time to start Dodongo's Cavern in OoT MQ. From what I recall you work backwards in this by going to the highest platform first then going down to the other sections of the dungeon.

D

Deleted member

From TV Tropes's Author Avatar page:
"The only Avatar in the list to have punched a kid in the face."
Just take a wild ****ing guess on who it is

I have mixed feelings about this. I need to see CrazyD in action. Trailer plz
Wait, I'm confused, is this supposed to be released on April 8th or August 4th

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I hate when I see discussion or rumours videos about Smash and people use videos of their own battles as a background and they are freaking terrible, like the kind of people who can't even beat a CPU, spams the same bad move and can't even recover properly.

It hurts my eyes and brain.
What I really hate is when all Smash Switch speculation videos on Youtube always talk about the same thing.

"I believe the Ice Climbers and Wolf will return to Smash Bros"
"I believe the Inklings and a Gen 7 PKMN will be in Smash Bros"
"I believe 3DS stages and Smash Run will be in the Switch version"

It just gets so repetitive and annoying when that's all I see in pretty much every Smash Switch speculation video.

Chrono.

I like to pretend Nintendo didn't have an E3 2015 presentation and that the Nintendo World Championship was the only thing they did that year. :p
I actually forgot that happened at all.

I also forgot that Arin was surprisingly competent in it.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
What I really hate is when all Smash Switch speculation videos on Youtube always talk about the same thing.

"I believe the Ice Climbers and Wolf will return to Smash Bros"
"I believe the Inklings and a Gen 7 PKMN will be in Smash Bros"
"I believe 3DS stages and Smash Run will be in the Switch version"

It just gets so repetitive and annoying when that's all I see in pretty much every Smash Switch speculation video.
Yeah, I also hate that.

I honestly only watch those videos to know if someone says something about Bandana Dee, but yeah, as you said, they only discuss those "obvious" characters.

Maybe one or more of those "obvious" characters will be the K. Rool or Ridley of Smash Switch XD

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It was discussed on the last page, but I just wanted to say...

If the Switch presentation is to start with ANYTHING...just give me a rundown of the system itself.

That should be their number one priority. Yes, I know we have our leaks and rumours that have attempted this, but I just want a basic rundown of the features. Plus, this presentation is supposed to be an hour long, give or take. They could spend 15 minutes on just the console itself (I doubt they actually will spend that long on it, mind you), and they'd still have 45 minutes to pump out game trailers and details, which is about the length of a traditional Nintendo Direct. And they don't have to spend too long on each game, because they're gonna have that Treehouse stream the next day. Just a rundown of what kind of games we can expect, and what franchises will be coming to Switch within the first year.

As far as the system itself goes, they need to talk about stuff like the UI, the storage space and different SKUs at launch (if they have more than one), pricing, battery life (SUPER IMPORTANT), any extra capabilities it might have like gameplay videos you can share like on PS4, and maybe a little bit of technical specs talk, such as the differences in performance between certain docked and undocked games (and if there is NO difference, they should emphasise that, as that would impress people).

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I love Murder Mysteries in all of media

It's how I could tolerate the average art style in Dangarompa

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902

This feels like it came from The Onion.

But it's real.
This beef between the two is getting out of hand.
What upsets me most though is that Soulja Boy made an apology not too long ago, then immediately went back to beefing. That is some wild ****.

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター

Oh boy.
That Arcade Bunny.... I hope he's not pulling our tails yet again after he tortured us with a Ridley joke...

Seriously though, I will be disappointed if the Ice Climbers do not return (there is virtually no reason not to make them come back), even though I only played them a little bit back then. I would so give them another shot if they were one of many characters on the Smash game for Switch.

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
What upsets me most though is that Soulja Boy made an apology not too long ago, then immediately went back to beefing. That is some wild ****.
Reminds me of Grade 7 10 years ago when every kid in school would do that stupid Soulja Boy dance.

Chrono.

Apparently Mayweather is helping Soulja Boy too if things weren't weird enough.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Rebels made an AotC reference I didn't expect:

You forgot it being coarse and rough.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Apparently Mayweather is helping Soulja Boy too if things weren't weird enough.
You'd think Chris Brown had enough experience punching people already
Brown better rip off one of Soulja's ears to make this even more bizzare.
Reminds me of Grade 7 10 years ago when every kid in school would do that stupid Soulja Boy dance.

This feels like it came from The Onion.

But it's real.
Oh look two morons who make terrible music is fighting with each other, this is gonna be wonderful.

I wish Tyson would knock the **** out of both of them

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992

Oh boy.
Man, the Badge Arcade really likes to cut deep.
It's like that one time when it had Metroid badges, and the bunny said, "Ridley Confirmed!"
I love Murder Mysteries in all of media

It's how I could tolerate the average art style in Dangaronpa
The art style has gotten better though.
It's somewhat noticeable in the V3 demo, when all 3 protagonists are standing next to each other.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
UGGGGGGHHHH I CAN'T WAIT FIVE DAYS FOR KONOSUBA S2 UGHHHH
Tfw One Punch Man S2 will be sometime this year but no one knows when ;_;

So last night i watched the Smash Conference stream, it was my first time watching a tournament live on stream. It was a very.....interesting experience.
Also Anime Awards in two days, gotta prepare myself for all those awards Yuri's gonna take and for all the *****ing I'm gonna do about how lame the awards are for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom