• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Literally nothing of what you said relates to what I've been talking about or displays any understanding of the subject matter or even my point.

Not reading everything and neglecting to research the subject matter is absolutely ignorance, because you are ignoring details, thus only getting a fraction of the full picture.
All that I'm saying is that everything you've been saying is irrelevant considerong that you can't consider that something like attraction isn't always directly expressed.

Last edited by a moderator:

MF Viewtiful

Son MF
Switch FC
SW 4028 6305 8614
Cool. I'm assuming your name is going to be the one I saw in the MvC1 video you posted, so I'm ready when you are I guess :p
I can't play right now. I'm watching Co-op Cup right now but I'll gladly play tomorrow (in my time zone at least).

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You're talking about the Master Quest versions right? Just making sure.

IIRC there's this one key that's brutally hard to find in the MQ Fire Temple that frustrated the hell out of me. I dread going back to the Fire Temple in this playthrough.
Yeah I played the Master Quest version on the GC special edition that had both versions.
I remember going back to that rolling boulder room several times times knowing I missed something and trying to get up to that one door that was up on a platform.
The Ganon's Tower one was because of that silver rupee that you needed to back flip to get. It took me a while just to figure that out lol.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
All that I'm saying is that everything you've been saying is irrelevant considerong that you can't consider that something like attraction isn't always directly expressed.
Again, nothing to do with what I'm discussing.

Eliie is written as not having a sexuality in the main game.

Once again, I must re-iterate - this is not an ethical or moral issue. It's an issue of poor, inconsistent writing is all I'm criticising.

This is where I leave it, because there is no point arguing with someone who doesn't even do basic research on the subject, yet still has both the arrogance and ignorance to believe they are absolutely right.

D

Deleted member

Again, nothing to do with what I'm discussing.

Eliie is written as not having a sexuality in the main game.

Once again, I must re-iterate - this is not an ethical or moral issue. It's an issue of poor, inconsistent writing is all I'm criticising.

This is where I leave it, because there is no point arguing with someone who doesn't even do basic research on the subject, yet still has both the arrogance and ignorance to believe they are absolutely right.
You hardly presented much info aside from repeating yourself, I'm going off of what you're arguing and presenting, what I said is that I don't know who the character is outside of this arguement.

If you want to claim that I'm ignorant on your points, make more informed arguments. This isn't even the first time you've argued about this. LNFAO.

D

Deleted member

You're talking about the Master Quest versions right? Just making sure.

IIRC there's this one key that's brutally hard to find in the MQ Fire Temple that frustrated the hell out of me. I dread going back to the Fire Temple in this playthrough.
Out of curiosity, were you playing the GameCube or 3DS version? I played both, and I remember it taking me some time to get used to the latter's mirrored Master Quest.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Is anyone else watching the DB Super Dub? Laura Bailey's voice is as great as ever.
Is that out? I thought that'd be the 16th?

Eh, do I really want to go through Super again, but in English? I haven't heard the official English dub for Dragonball in a while. I'm too used to either the Japanese dub or Abridged.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Out of curiosity, were you playing the GameCube or 3DS version? I played both, and I remember it taking me some time to get used to the latter's mirrored Master Quest.
The Gamecube version. I just wrapped up the Great Deku Tree just now.

There's a lot of things most Zelda fans wouldn't even think of doing in the MQ version. For instance in the room where you would normallylower the water down there is no switch and instead you have A) Set your stick on fire, B) Crouch instead of lowering the water to pass the grinder and then C) Being quick enough to light both torches.

That's what I love about MQ. Throws off most conventional thinking of the series.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Is that out? I thought that'd be the 16th?

Eh, do I really want to go through Super again, but in English? I haven't heard the official English dub for Dragonball in a while. I'm too used to either the Japanese dub or Abridged.
To be honest, I don't like dubs in general for anime. But DBZ is the exception for me. Sean Schemmel and Laura Bailey (or the goddess of voice acting as I like to call her) really make the Dub for me. Of coarse, dubs don't really work during dramatic scenes but DBZ doesn't have many of them so it works.
I also want to "Support the official release" and Toonami, which gave me some of my favorite anime.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
To be honest, I don't like dubs in general for anime. But DBZ is the exception for me. Sean Schemmel and Laura Bailey (or the goddess of voice acting as I like to call her) really make the Dub for me. Of coarse, dubs don't really work during dramatic scenes but DBZ doesn't have many of them so it works.
I also want to "Support the official release" and Toonami, which gave me some of my favorite anime.
I watch dubs and subs. But I often opt for Dubs

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I've really never minded dubs unless they were horrendously bad, which I feel a lot of "dub haters" over exaggerate. There's also the usual exception of Fullmetal Alchemist, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, and Space Dandy if you haven't watched those.

That said, I mostly watch subs too, but primarily because they come out well before a dub release.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, I usually like English voices more, especially for Dragon Ball. DBZKai's a major improvement from the original though. I just want them to get to the Universe 6 stuff, since that's when DBS gets interesting.

English Jo Jo was a little weird at first, but getting Scorpion to voice Dio was a good idea.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Holy crap. I just defeated the adamantoise in FFXV. It was the single most tedious boss fight I've ever experienced in a video game. It's not even a difficult enemy, in fact the only way I could have died is if I was actively trying to kill myself. It's just the damn thing has an unholy amount of HP and is annoying to hit without constantly warp striking.

As for anime, whether I watch dubbed or subbed depends on which voice cast I feel is better.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I mainly stick to dubbed anime. I'll switch to subs if the dub is horrendously bad (like 4Kids bad).

I give an anime a full year to get a dub before I watch it. I'm pretty patient in that regard. Though I think One Punch Man is the first anime I've seen that made me wish I saw it sooner.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Holy crap. I just defeated the adamantoise in FFXV. It was the single most tedious boss fight I've ever experienced in a video game. It's not even a difficult enemy, in fact the only way I could have died is if I was actively trying to kill myself. It's just the damn thing has an unholy amount of HP and is annoying to hit without constantly warp striking.

As for anime, whether I watch dubbed or subbed depends on which voice cast I feel is better.
Yeah, it's not a very fun one, and if you don't plan out a decent enough build you're looking at something that can take your hours to complete. On the bright side, with a good enough build, you can beat it in 6 minutes.

I swear most of the damage I took that battle was because of fall damage rather than damage from the Adamantoise.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, it's not a very fun one, and if you don't plan out a decent enough build you're looking at something that can take your hours to complete. On the bright side, with a good enough build, you can beat it in 6 minutes.

I swear most of the damage I took that battle was because of fall damage rather than damage from the Adamantoise.
I managed to avoid fall damage by just holding triangle without locking on to the adamantoise. Noctis would always point warp to safety.

It's a good thing you didn't even need the point warp location on screen to warp because the camera was a bigger hinderance than the adamantoise's attacks.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703

I remember back in the day when my brother convinced me that this was a gateway to Termina and that I had to do some outrageous task to get through this gate.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
I've really never minded dubs unless they were horrendously bad, which I feel a lot of "dub haters" over exaggerate. There's also the usual exception of Fullmetal Alchemist, Baccano, Cowboy Bebop, and Space Dandy if you haven't watched those.

That said, I mostly watch subs too, but primarily because they come out well before a dub release.
I feel like I should change my thought about subs & dubs now. I thought about it and each anime has it's own quirks.
For example, I will feel sick to my stomach if I ever watch Naruto in english. Naruto's voice actor is just irritating! In the original series when I had to deal with all of those "Believe it"s. I'm having flashbacks.
Hunter X Hunter also feels strange in english.
But other Anime are either Neutral or really good in English! Like you said in your examples Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy (Aw, you remembered!) are strange in Japanese. They just feel like they are missing something in Japanese. The VAs add some flair that you just cannot hear in Japanese.
Most anime are just neutral in English. Deadman Wonderland, I used to think was really good in japanese! Now it's -/(0-0)\-.
Each anime has It's own tone and rules to this sort of thing.
Of coarse, DBZ Super is one of the rare anime to have both a new sub and dub so one of the added benefits of sub is that It's 2-3-4 (I don't want to look it up) years in while the Dub just started.

Also, I'm watching my first episode of Jojo and It's AMAZING!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I made a fic and took it back down after about half a day because I was dissatisfied with the attempt, but I think @Depressed Gengar might have caught it beforehand because I just saw some lines making an aside comment about something mentioned in it in one of his fics.

It's real in Demolition Man. That's all that matters. Ignore the conspicuous stretch of desert and the military base between the two cities, shhhh. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, in Gen 1 Pidgey is resistant against Fighting type moves

WTF?

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I managed to avoid fall damage by just holding triangle without locking on to the adamantoise. Noctis would always point warp to safety.

It's a good thing you didn't even need the point warp location on screen to warp because the camera was a bigger hinderance than the adamantoise's attacks.
Wait, you don't? That entire battle I would frantically try to focus my camera onto a warp point. Does it always work like that or is it just for that battle?

I feel like I should change my thought about subs & dubs now. I thought about it and each anime has it's own quirks.
For example, I will feel sick to my stomach if I ever watch Naruto in english. Naruto's voice actor is just irritating! In the original series when I had to deal with all of those "Believe it"s. I'm having flashbacks.
Hunter X Hunter also feels strange in english.
But other Anime are either Neutral or really good in English! Like you said in your examples Cowboy Bebop and Space Dandy (Aw, you remembered!) are strange in Japanese. They just feel like they are missing something in Japanese. The VAs add some flair that you just cannot hear in Japanese.
Most anime are just neutral in English. Deadman Wonderland, I used to think was really good in japanese! Now it's -/(0-0)\-.
Each anime has It's own tone and rules to this sort of thing.
Of coarse, DBZ Super is one of the rare anime to have both a new sub and dub so one of the added benefits of sub is that It's 2-3-4 (I don't want to look it up) years in while the Dub just started.

Also, I'm watching my first episode of Jojo and It's AMAZING!
Yup, pretty much this. Some anime or hideous dubbed, others are more immersive, and most are just neutral and not in a bad way.

Maybe it's because I'm not super duper into "Seiyuus" (just call them Voice Actors) and all the small intricacies of voice acting, but if it makes for an enjoyable experience, my life isn't going to be ruined because Generic Anime Protag just has a smidge more emotion in superior Nippon voice acting.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
And avatar and name change done. I'm sure I can figure out a way better looking metal bass design. But eh.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Wait, you don't? That entire battle I would frantically try to focus my camera onto a warp point. Does it always work like that or is it just for that battle?

Yup, pretty much this. Some anime or hideous dubbed, others are more immersive, and most are just neutral and not in a bad way.

Maybe it's because I'm not super duper into "Seiyuus" (just call them Voice Actors) and all the small intricacies of voice acting, but if it makes for an enjoyable experience, my life isn't going to be ruined because Generic Anime Protag just has a smidge more emotion in superior Nippon voice acting.
Yeah, it doesn't make that much of a difference. But It's one of those things that makes anime more interesting to discuss compared to many other forms of entertainment, even animated shows in English.
I think VAs are really cool, personally. But's nice to see another opinion about this.
So, in Gen 1 Pidgey is resistant against Fighting type moves

WTF?
I think it's about the primary/secondary type thing. I guess. It's confusing...

Correction: Hunter X Hunter's dub isn't bad persay but I've always watched it in sub form.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Yeah, it doesn't make that much of a difference. But It's one of those things that makes anime more interesting to discuss compared to many other forms of entertainment, even animated shows in English.
I think VAs are really cool, personally. But's nice to see another opinion about this.

I think it's about the primary/secondary type thing. I guess. It's confusing...

Correction: Hunter X Hunter's dub isn't bad persay but I've always watched it in sub form.
Mind explaining? I'm not sure how this makes anime more interesting to discuss.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I'm honestly not sure. I only noticed it working like that for the adamantoise battle.

PhantomKite

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Genericsandwich
3DS FC
4425-2089-1228
Mind explaining? I'm not sure how this makes anime more interesting to discuss.
Sure! For me personally, It's the fact that someone enjoys a show or genre/media (Which one is anime? Genre?) enough to compare and contrast the smaller differences in it like the voice acting. There are TONS of different arguments and discussions about Subs & Dubs on forums just like this one that demonstrates the fact that the viewers are passionate or at least care about what they are watching enough to look into it. Unlike live action shows, which you can usually see who the actor is and you don't have to imagine the actor too much.
There is also the fact that each person usually has a preference one way or the other at least a little and have favorite voices even though they may not know the names. When you have a conversation with someone about Anime, this is just one more thing that adds to the depth of the media/genre.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Part of the magic of Gen I is that is broken as hell. Many good strats use the numerous flawed mechanics and glitches of its battle system + a Psychic type.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Sure! For me personally, It's the fact that someone enjoys a show or genre/media (Which one is anime? Genre?) enough to compare and contrast the smaller differences in it like the voice acting. There are TONS of different arguments and discussions about Subs & Dubs on forums just like this one that demonstrates the fact that the viewers are passionate or at least care about what they are watching enough to look into it. Unlike live action shows, which you can usually see who the actor is and you don't have to imagine the actor too much.
There is also the fact that each person usually has a preference one way or the other at least a little and have favorite voices even though they may not know the names. When you have a conversation with someone about Anime, this is just one more thing that adds to the depth of the media/genre.
Ah, alright, I think I getcha. Yeah, I suppose you have a point there. I wouldn't say it's solely anime, even western animation has it's dubs, but they're definitely no where near as popular.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I looked it up online

Gen 1 displays the wrong message when the move is effected by a second typing

But the second typing still helps or hurts it

So, even though it says spearow was fighting moves are ineffective, it actually hits it for neutral damage.

LOL

It's a good thing I went back there though because I got a nidoran male!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I prefer dubs if possible. Haruhi Suzumiya and Lucky Star having fantastic dubs are what got me into anime.

Nowadays it depends on the anime. If It's obscure and most like likely won't get a dub, I just watch the sub. But if it's going to get a dub, I wait for that. (eg Durarara!!). Then there's shows like Doraemon, Shin-Chan or Pokemon that I watch in Hindi.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Taking a little break from the anime benchwatch to say this.I dont like subs,i hate watching something and having to read at the same time.So if possible i try and to watch dub.However for the last 4 days i have been forced to watch 2 and currently 3 anime subbed and its not that bad.Its just perference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom