• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 4 - Bring It In, Guys!

When, if ever, do you plan on buying the Switch?

• At launch

Votes: 40 36.0%
  • Late spring/summer

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • During the fall/holidays

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • Sometime after 2017

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Not until [insert game here] is released

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • I'm not getting that bucket of turds!!

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Give me more of Jibanyan.

That is all.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait, so in the new Mario Party, you don't play as the characters? You play as Toads in these not traditional boards?

Ehhhhhhhh...
No, you play as Toad by default, but Toad only has a standard dice and no special power.

You find other characters and recruit them, and they all have special dice blocks and abilities. You can choose to play these characters in the mini-games, but you can also deploy multiple characters in some mini-games and have the A.I control your partners.

People were asking for more strategy in Mario Party. They went full RTS in response.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Catch up time!

- BoxBoxBoy! I'm excited to hear the sequel is coming out as I really enjoyed the original. And it's nice that Nintendo is putting the original on sale now for 40% off (46% off if you have a My Nintendo account).
- Missed the Malleo Potty 3DS reveal but sounds like I ain't missing much.
- The more I look into Ever Oasis, the more interesting and fun it looks. I'll keep on my radar.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Ever Oasis looks interesting, I always liked action RPGS and the job system, so this game already has my interest. I also like the varied races being playable in the game since most RPGS (at least the ones I've played) haven't had that in a while and it's nice to get that variety in there to add to the world around you.

Conquest Chapter 26 spoilers
Entrap staves, allowing you to kill bosses early since 2016
That's actually a really good thing to do since Hans isn't exactly easy to take out and him being attacked calls the reinforcements you likely saw already. If you're not careful, they can overwhelm you, so it's easier to dispatch him and then lure them out once you get to the room.

Now, all you have to do is feed him to Keaton, Xander, or Camilla, make him pay for being a generic cartoon villain!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Also they uploaded a trailer.

Shows more of what I was talking about, you can see multiple mini-games where there are more than 4 characters running around.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Welp.
Looks like combat was largely untouched from YW1.
You still have to go out to get into any fights in the overworld.

Yeah two of the three biggest faults of YW1 weren't fixed.

Chrono.

Shows more of what I was talking about, you can see multiple mini-games where there are more than 4 characters running around.
They keep using the crappy King Boo design instead of the Luigi's Mansion look.

Sad face.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looking the box arts of the Yo-Kai 2, I think I like what I see in Fleshy Souls more than Bony Spirits.

Though I don't know if I feel comfortable owning a game with "Flesh" in the title.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
"Yokai Watch didn't sell well here sir, when do we release the sequel?"
"Release it on the same day as Final Fantasy XV. CLEARLY no one wants that game!"
Aren't we seeing FFVIIR tomorrow too?
To be fair, those have two completely different audiences.

Bananija

Count of Trickery

While it isn't what we expected or wanted, this game seems to have a lot of potential. Certainly better than the car.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
"Yokai Watch didn't sell well here sir, when do we release the sequel?"
"Release it on the same day as Final Fantasy XV. CLEARLY no one wants that game!"
Aren't we seeing FFVIIR tomorrow too?
At least Yo-Kai Watch 2 is releasing ~2 months before Pokémon Sun & Moon

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't really get the hate on the new Mario Party to be honest.

People asked for the cars to go. They did it.

People asked for the Mini-Stars to go and Power Stars to come back. They did it.

People asked for Coins to spend on stuff to be the mini-game reward again. They did it.

People asked for more strategy. They gave it more strategy to the point it's comparable to an RTS game.

People asked for open maps instead of linear ones. They did it.

Yet it's apparently still ****.

I mean it's not the exact same as the old games (which I'm pretty sure they can't copy for legal reasons), but they drew as many elements from it as they could and put them in this new game. And made other cool improvements like giving characters special abilties, being able to have multiple characters in play per mini-game, and not having to wait on your turn, meaning they can focus more on the meat of the gameplay than waiting for other people to time their dice rolls (which never does anything unless you have a Slow Dice, BTW).

And this is just the new mode, they will likely have other modes like the other games do that have a different dynamic.

Honestly if this game has online play, I'm completely sold on it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I played the demo of Yokai-Watch, it was fun, but not something I wanted to buy. The sequel is not really convincing me otherwise.

D

Deleted member

Assuming the inevitable isn't very hard :p
It's not inevitable, not in the slightest.

For starters, where could the possibly take the franchise from here if not a reboot? The amount of content in this game is insane, and honestly insuperable. The man hours grow exponentially with each entry to the series.

Second of all, a new Smash hinges on the NX being successful. WiiU proved that Smash is no longer a franchise that can sell consoles the way it used to. And considering all the news and rumors surrounding the NX, I wouldn't set my hopes too high:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/ubisoft-we-believe-nx-will-recapture-the-wii-audience/0168585

Nintendo has a lot of faith in the NX, but they also had a lot of faith on the WiiU, and look at how that turned out. I can tell you one thing though, if it's meant for casual appeal (which all signs point to yes), you can count me out for sure. Which is the general consensus among most gamers. Nobody wants another gimmicky Nintendo console which they'll give lackluster support to.

More than anything though, the success on the NX will depend on 3rd party support, and until Nintendo manages to turn that boat around, I doubt we'll be seeing anything promising from their next console. Simply look at the sales of Nintendo consoles to get a hint. They cut in half each gen. Lighting struck with the Wii, but I doubt lightning will strike twice. The Wii's retention rate proves that, and VR is the hot new item these days, which Nintendo has vocally declared they're not too keen on trying out.

In short, don't count your chickens till they hatch. A new Smash, like the success of the NX, is NOT "inevitable."

Yellowlord

ゆゆネーター
To be completely honest, I'm mostly neutral on Yokai-Watch, but it's just never really peaked my interest.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Don't really get the hate on the new Mario Party to be honest.

People asked for the cars to go. They did it.

People asked for the Mini-Stars to go and Power Stars to come back. They did it.

People asked for Coins to spend on stuff to be the mini-game reward again. They did it.

People asked for more strategy. They gave it more strategy to the point it's comparable to an RTS game.

People asked for open maps instead of linear ones. They did it.

Yet it's apparently still ****.

I mean it's not the exact same as the old games (which I'm pretty sure they can't copy for legal reasons), but they drew as many elements from it as they could and put them in this new game. And made other cool improvements like giving characters special abilties, being able to have multiple characters in play per mini-game, and not having to wait on your turn, meaning they can focus more on the meat of the gameplay than waiting for other people to time their dice rolls (which never does anything unless you have a Slow Dice, BTW).

And this is just the new mode, they will likely have other modes like the other games do that have a different dynamic.

Honestly if this game has online play, I'm completely sold on it.
People wanted the traditional play of the first 8 games. Pick the character you want, choose creative game boards, and have mini games after every set of turns. That's not what this is.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I just think nintendo need to recruit more Western devs,and get out of the Activision-EA-Ubisoft circle-jerk.
People wanted the traditional play of the first 8 games. Pick the character you want, choose creative game boards, and have mini games after every set of turns. That's not what this is.
There was a lot of complains that the eigth game sucked and got too mainstream,though.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Yep.

Tho I won't personally be supporting any Mario characters, but I'll accept whoever joins (even Paper Mario - one of few characters I don't really want..)
But what about the Fire Emblem characters? We have about too many of those, right? :troll:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It is VERY close to it though. Like you can't say it isn't, it objectively has a lot of inspiration from the old games.

And I would argue some things here, like characters having special abilities and the multiple turns and being able to use multiple characters at once, are just straight improvements to the Classic formula.

If you want to play the old games, you play the old games. They can't just keep rehashing it (and again, there is supposed to be a legal issue with just copying the old formula). People would still complain if they did that anyway. If not for it being repetitive, then for the roster or something, for having this or that character and not someone else.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So far, a few people are interested in the sequel here.

I was hoping for something that would peak your interests.

Sigh.. :(
I like what I'm seeing for the sequel. The bosses seem more interesting than the prequel and the going back in time/origin of the watch sounds cool plot-wise. Plus I appreciate the bonus for owning the original.

Odd they're showing off the Japanese release over English though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom