• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Other games have multiple season passes so it's not unprecedented.
Those games got flak for it, but it happened.

That said, it's terrible from a PR perspective and I doubt Nintendo would do it.
Eh, Nintendo does terrible PR things all the time, because they don't understand the community at all.

I can confidently say that this is completely fake (big surprise, I know).
I'm probably going to look stupid for asking this, as it's probably been done before AND It shows how behind I am...
Do you still believe in :4shovelknight:?

Strofirko

Smash Master
So fatal frame v is a the order 1886.

Well NOA really know more of games promotion than me.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Well. Now that there's doubt with the twitter rumor and the Shovel Knight rumor is on its last legs, we could be seeing anything at this point.
SPECULATION IS FINALLY BACK BOYS

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I think one of K. Rool's problems is what happened in translation to Japanese. Over here hes been the baddy of all the Rare DK games (and a couple more besides) in Japan, Kaptain K.Rool and Baron K. Roolenstien are different characters. And as Rool's Brawl trophy showed, they consider the translation more kanon than anything the original Kreator intended.
That was a translation error on the part of the English release actually, all of K. Rool's appearances are attributed to K. Rool himself in Japan, not his brothers or anything like what the Brawl trophy said.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Do you still believe in :4shovelknight:?
@Tama: Just was wondering if you could answer the same question above me as well ^O^. I'm just curious on your opinions about it.

Also, I'm just curious. You said in one of your twitter posts that someone else claimed to have another source saying Shovel Knight would be in Smash. Could you possibly elaborate on that?

D

Deleted member

I'm sure if Sakurai came out and publicly said "No" to any character, their support would die out. It's not a case of people not caring, it's just that there's not really any point in continuing now that the guy directing the game closed the door on it.

The only other characters it's happened to are Chrom and Ice Climbers, so it's not really a good point to bring up, as the likelihood of it happening again anytime soon is quite low.
And Heihachi, but he wasn't really all that requested from what I know. :p

Though would Takamaru count?

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wait, hold on a second. Can someon can explain to me the situation?:4gaw:

D

Deleted member

Takamaru's reasoning was obscurity, but lots of people aren't happy, including western fans iirc
....and?
Lots of people aren't happy with Ridley's, Chrom's and Ice Climbers' reasons either (though the Climbers have an out; if all versions of the next Smash can handle them, they'll likely come back).
The Takamaru fans should at least be happy there's an opening for a future addition to Smash (i.e. when he's less obscure).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
....and?
Lots of people aren't happy with Ridley's, Chrom's and Ice Climbers' reasons either (though the Climbers have an out; if all versions of the next Smash can handle them, they'll likely come back).
The Takamaru fans should at least be happy there's an opening for a future addition to Smash (i.e. when he's less obscure).
I'm aware. If anything, lots of Takamaru supporters appeared when Sakurai said thar

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, I don't know what I meant by K. Rool is bandwagon, so it was most likely just in the moment, but he is a bit overrated, but this is just my opinion.
K Rools support has lasted over a decade and only continues to grow. Waddle Dees fan group only formed because they ran out of important characters, so they decided to make him a P4 option.

K Rool support won't die down until he gets in.

If you want real examples of Bandwagon characters look at:

Shovel Knight: New character, one of the first Smashified and had an interesting rumor, plus amiibo. Before the ballot must people probably never heard of him.

Shantae: A character that has been around for longer than most of the newcomers, yet nobody realized she existed until recently.

Waddle Dee: See above.

Rayman: To an extent due to the Omni fake earlier this year.

Chorus Kids: Gematsu (I'm guilty of wanting them, but a RH needs to happen).

Characters like K Rool, Isaac, and even Krystal have had support for so long now and it hasn't died down, even as their own series died or pushed them aside.
Wow, I'm impressed by how rude you just sounded, you made it out as though I bashed the character you wanted and you proceeded to bash mine, but in reality I was just stating an opinion and you approached me with an untrue statement. I'm fine if you aren't interested in the character I'm invested in, but you don't need to be mean about it. :/ And even if I did bash the character you wanted, it's not right to do it back. You don't have to like the character I want, but don't say untrue statements and be mean about it. Besides, it's not like I said, "Shulk is bandwagon!"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I know Sakurai does it differently having characters be "relevant", but I'm of the opinion that a character should be added as long as it made an impact in some form or fashion at least once in a Nintendo game.

In short: Imo as long as a character was relevant once they are "relevant".

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
All I know is Mario Tennis better end up being game of the year.

Because that game is in a peculiar situation.
It is interesting that we only have five confirmed characters so far and the game is coming out next month! We knew about 25 confirmed characters in Mario Kart 8 for months before it came out.

D

Deleted member

It is interesting that we only have five confirmed characters so far and the game is coming out next month! We knew about 25 confirmed characters in Mario Kart 8 for months before it came out.
I know.
We don't even know if Waluigi's going to be in, and he's the ambassador of Mario Tennis.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, would this be a good Mario Kart Roster?

Mario Luigi Peach Daisy Toad Toadette Rosalina
Baby Mario Baby Luigi Wario Waluigi Delfino Yoshi Gadd
DK Diddy Cranky K. Rool Wart Birdo Pauline
Bowser Bowser Jr. Kamek Lakitu Shy Guy Koopa King Boo
Dry Bowser Nabbit Metal Mario Paper Mario Fawful ROB Mii

Chrono.

Does Wart even exist?

Since SMBUSA was all a dream and he hasn't had any major appearances since...

Has Ninty acknowledged his existence at all?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Does Wart even exist?

Since SMBUSA was all a dream and he hasn't had any major appearances since...

Has Ninty acknowledged his existence at all?
Metal Mario apparantly exists together with real Mario and Baby Mario, and apparantly Paper Mario. I am sure a dream-made character counts as real. :3

I want babies with this roster
*wides your cheek* Easy, Epic. Easy.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

>No Petey Piranha
>K. Rool
>Fawful

Wat Delfino?

Overall pretty good roster. We dot need toddlers who cant legally drive driving anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom