• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Sooooooo... Have the Inkings been accidentally leaked for Smash? What's going on here? I can't really catch up lol
I'm lost too. I decided updating my avatar for the Holidays and letting it run it's course worked best.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm lost too. I decided to updating my avatar for the Holidays and letting it run it's course worked best.
Darkstalkers works. Granted, you're the third person doing it but Tsienko hasn't been done yet
THEY'RE NOT FUZZY
THAT ISN'T FUR
SOME FOES DON'T EVEN HAVE FUR, OK?
CHECK YOUR PRIVILEGE
*tips fedora*
moyamoya is fuzzy tho

Staarih

Smash Master
I've been quietly following these "leaks" but have yet to have any opinion about it. But now the character is supposedly the Inkling? Great for Smash x Splatoon cross promotion for the holidays but I'm still cautious of it haha...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
You can argue that Inklings being playable probably wouldn't effect the costume argument. Their costumes were obviously added for promotional purposes (note that these costumes were released FOR Splatoon's preorders). That is much different than the supposed theory of K Rool, Lloyd, etc's Miis being in as "we know theyre popular in the ballot but they can't be characters, sorry to here's this."

Only way we can be for sure if the rumor is debunked for good is if any of those characters gets revealed as playable.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
For those of you wondering about the "leak":
It's more Twitter stuff with no credible source beyond another "x sent me news, y is confirmed".

Everything is literally too ambiguous to have any true credibility anymore. Not to be redundant, but there's been a bar set and it was done with Artsy Omni's phenomenal Rayman artwork. If there is actually someone out there with a real source, then it's likely been lost amidst the chaos.

Inklings are the ones latched onto because Nintendo called this month Inktober for Splatoon. There's expected to be a major event or update for the game, which is not a leak. In addition, Nintendo called September Super Mario Maker September, and we got a stage. Ergo, people are expecting content for this month to involve Smash.

It's why everyone has latched onto the idea of Inklings in the vast majority of these leaks; they're often taking speculation and twisting it into someone sounding like they have a credible source. It's no surprise that we're likely getting Smash Bros X Splatoon content, and as a result, many of these "leakers" are just capitalizing on this for cred, views and clickbait.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Never forget Tama and Shovel Knight folks.
In a way, this is kinda the same thing... just with more people and a tighter lid.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Just curious, how well did Inklings do in polls prior to all of this?
They've placed rather high in the majority of polls. For instance, they were placed as the highest newcomer in Source Gaming's latest poll at 2nd place.

Even if we didn't hear from Nintendo saying that this was Inktober, Splatoon has done very well and is an IP that is sure to stay. As a result, people have expected them to appear in Smash as likely DLC characters, even after the costumes.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If these people were entrusted with real information by an official source, then god they're being morons about it. Absolute idiots.
Let's be honest, no one with a legit leak has ever really handled it well, it's always led to fire and chaos within the fanbases.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It would be but most cases, characters from already repped franchises will probably end up sharing a stage that's already there. I think K. Rool is the only character that might have his own stage and Wolf if we get a Star Fox Zero stage.

Outside of that most characters will be sharing a stage. Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus could ever get a new character, they won't get a stage and just share one. Especially Zelda considering they might give them Hyrule Castle
I'm confused, why would K. Rool get special treatment?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm confused, why would K. Rool get special treatment?
Villain status and considering he's not member of the DK crew so it would seem weird for him sharing any of the current stages IMO but possibility shows he won't get a new stage

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im not surprised its inklings...i mean people wanted them in BEFORE splatoon was out

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Villain status and considering he's not member of the DK crew so it would seem weird for him sharing any of the current stages IMO but possibility shows he won't get a new stage
Doesn't make much sense when both versions each already have 1 stage based off DKC1.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Inklings seem kind of strange at the moment, they don't feel right at all, they make sense, but not at the moment, and I'm actually not the only one that feels this way.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So... it was Inkling all along. I figured it would get to the general public eventually. I still don't buy this leak though.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also I just want to say that the person who said that the character would, ''Blow up media'', and, ''Cause massive hype'', was just trolling, just want to put that out there. Let's just put him in the corner with Nikki.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I am not of these guys who likes to hunt people with misinformation,but this one in special is rustling my jimmies.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, it's the Inklings. Well, I guess it's something.

Still not buying it. No images. No gameplay videos. Yep, it's best to treat it as a 4chan "my dad works at Nintendo" kind of stuff.

Plenty of other rumors and fake leaks mentioned Inklings, so it could just as fake as those.

I'd like the idea of Inkling in Smash, though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
*goes onto 4chan video game section, sees thread about the new developments, finds perfect picture if the rumors are real and people complain:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... are the Inklings happening or not?

I would like to play as the Inklings... and play on the Splatoon stage.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Inklings really don't make sense at the moment, also do we really know if Shawn is envolved with the leak, because it seems like we're just jumping to conclusions.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
If the Inklings are getting in (which I'm totally fine; look to my sig!), I'm will be more confident that the other two slots will filled by K. Rool and Wolf. ~but I'm not believing in all this internal conversation passing through one to other. It's really silly, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom