• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
I'm flipping my **** because one of my favourite youtubers is getting abused by his family and forced him to never make stuff until he leaves and that his sister said 'That gofundme is a scam because reasons' despite said YTer not making said gofundme
Lol wut

On the inklings "leak", it's a matter of time. I don't know if the rumor is true but they'll get in one day or another, so nothing really surprising. Cool they're coming, wondering how their playstile will be. Expecting some new mechanics and gimmicks.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So... are the Inklings happening or not?

I would like to play as the Inklings... and play on the Splatoon stage.
I'd prefer to play the waiting game.

I have no objections to them, as I they're one of my minor wants.

:231:

D

Deleted member

Splatoon is now what Pikmin and Animal Crossing were when they were released
Now let's just hope it goes the AC route instead of the Pikmin one

Last edited by a moderator:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It literally seems like we're jumping to conclusions, Shawn, unlike Stealth and Roger, doesn't have a history, him knowing it's the Inklings and you all believing him seems inkredibly salty, what did they put in all of your drinks today?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
If we get a Kid Icarus character as DLC (which I doubt), it's going to be rather....amusing to see Pit, Palutena, and Viridi not have any clue who it is.

Example:
Pit: Who is that?
Hades: Umm, hello? You KNOW who I am, Pitty Pat.
Palutena: I have no data on this fighter. I can't believe it!
Hades: What do you mean you have no data on me, pretty Palutena? I'm Hades, Lord of the Underworld!
Viridi: It must be an intruder from another dimension!
Hades: Et tu, Goddess of Nature?
Pit: Whoever it is, the goal remains the same: to fight and win!
Hades: I'm starting to think you're doing this on purpose now....
...I get the feeling I've seen this somewhere before...

@Speedwagon
1. Yes
2. No
3. Mid-2016
4. Yes
5. Caramel

Let's be honest, no one with a legit leak has ever really handled it well, it's always led to fire and chaos within the fanbases.
SF5 is a good example of this.

Lol Ken Bogard.

Can't wait for the reveal so we can shut sean and everyone else up in regards to this character >_>

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Da fak

On the inklings "leak", it's a matter of time. I don't know if the rumor is true but they'll get in one day or another, so nothing really surprising. Cool they're coming, wondering how their playstile will be. Expecting some new mechanics and gimmicks.
I recommend editting 'da ***' out as that can and will get you an infraction/warning
https://www.gofundme.com/tm5tmawk
Ben was too good to go imo

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Inklings really don't make sense at the moment.
IIRC October is actually a big month for Splatoon (allegedly) so I could see it happening.

Although the way he "accidentally" leaked it is pretty dumb. Just wait and see.

If it's Inklings, they sure did suck all the fun out of this.

Ezequieleste

Smash Apprentice
It literally seems like we're jumping to conclusions, Shawn, unlike Stealth and Roger, doesn't have a history, him knowing it's the Inklings and you all believing him seems inkredibly salty, what did they put in all of your drinks today?
Their inclusion seems quite plausible, even if they're not my most prefered characters. Don't know if Shawn is telling the truth, I'm taking all this with a grain of salt, just saying that it would make sense if the characters were them. Calm down bruh.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why not?
Highly popular game.
Highly popular character. (Both casullh and for the ballot)
Good advertisement. (Even if sakurai may not care)
Unique.
Fresh.
Because of how new they are, some time should be put in before they appear in Smash, and this is coming from a guy that loves Splatoon to death! (Krak-on Roller for life)

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
...I get the feeling I've seen this somewhere before...

@Speedwagon
1. Yes
2. No
3. Mid-2016
4. Yes
5. Caramel

SF5 is a good example of this.

Lol Ken Bogard.

Can't wait for the reveal so we can shut sean and everyone else up in regards to this character >_>
Very true, and I wouldn't be surprised if these twitter fiasco happen again, watch they become the new " leak."

Sean's say on the matter.
How convenient, I really wouldn't pay any heed to this, either way he could be covering something up or not.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
D..wait what?
Do you not know what salty means?
like... that doesn't make any sense in that context. haha

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I just want to quote someone who knew about the Inklings beforehand and doesn't want to be named.
None per say, the source behind everything is certainly credible enough. Burden of proof falls to him. I do generally buy it though, and I'll be absolutely certain once the certain event is announced. Whatever it may be~
This is to mostly give you guys a head on up on this. It still has information that was revealed to the general public, but is the opinion on who knew about Inkling beforehand.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Because of how new they are, some time should be put in before they appear in Smash
I don't mean to be rude
But this is literally the stupiddest agument there is agaisnt a characyer's inclusion
There is no need to wait some time
There is no reason why a new character can't be added
Nintendo's history isn't only about characters created 5 years ago and this is something that bothered me with Brawl when the most recent character was Olimar
Good thing this was fixed with Smash 4

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Because of how new they are, some time should be put in before they appear in Smash, and this is coming from a guy that loves Splatoon to death! (Krak-on Roller for life)
Splatoon already has content in the game though; .. well, even Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World (which it wasn't released in some regions yet) already has.
-There's literally nothing that prevents the Inklings to be included.

And above all, Splatoon is a 1st party IP, they don't need to think twice to put the Inklings in the game.

Last edited:

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Maybe they'll pull a Luigi and start differentiating him.

Despite Luigi starting out as a full blown Mario clone, his moveset and Mario's are barely similar bar a couple of moves nowadays.

Idk, Dark Pit is in a decent position to be changed enough without alienating a fanbase, as his physics and Pit's are identical (I'd say Lucina is in this position as well).

All the clones in Melee, despite being clones, had some... quirks which makes them harder to change without alienating their fanbase.
Especially since Dark Pit has an entire arsenal of alternate weapons to attack with (that goes for Lucina as well - even Code Name S.T.E.A.M. has her using a bow and arrow). They simply didn't have time to do that this time around, but next time, neither of them have to be clones.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
At this point, no matter what he says, he can't stop the ball from rolling, unfortunately.

:231:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If that's the truth, you would have just said "No, I'm not hinting at anything."
Even if that's the truth, no stopping this now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
'character is too new' Roy disconfirmed for Melee gaiz. Sorry Zilla, but that argument doesn't work as well as you think
Splatoon already has content in the game though; .. well, even Super Mario Maker and Yoshi's Woolly World (which it wasn't released in some regions yet) already has.
-There's literally nothing that prevents the Inklings to be included.

And above all, Splatoon is a 1st party IP, they don't need to think twice to put the Inklings in the game.
Roy and Wooly World were teasers for upcoming games, and Super Mario Maker was a stage based off games 30 years prior. Also they weren't from new franchises, Fire Emblem had been out for years before Roy arrived.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
dude. Splatoon has been out for 5 months or so. Roy's game was released 2 months AFTER Melee. No ifs or buts, 'too new' doesn't work
Let's not forget that Lucas was going to replace Ness to advertise Mother 3.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Roy and Wooly World were teasers for upcoming games, and Super Mario Maker was a stage based off games 30 years prior.
I'd say super mario maker is different, it's based on a current game with designs only achievable in that new game, it's meant to rep the game not the series.
Wooly world is weird as it isn't out everywhere yet, but perhaps issues arose that delayed release. Roy and marth were used to introduce fire emblem to the western audience. Splatoon already got costumes before release so inklings getting in afterwards when the game and hype for it was massive, so it wouldn't be to hard to believe they are pre ballot brought about by advertising and fan demand.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
What if NintenZ NintenZ and his research were right this whole time and the DLC character is actually Bandana Dee? :troll:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Let's not forget that Lucas was going to replace Ness to advertise Mother 3.
I think that if the Inklings were to advertise Splatoon, they'd be in the game at launch. Hey at least we got the costumes and very detailed trophy, so not all is lost.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
>mfw all these "leaks:"

This is why I can't trust anyone.
This is why Sakurai is so stressed out.
This is why we can't have nice things.
This is how the world comes to an end.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist