• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Anything for Wolf. I'd even do the most obscene thing to Sakurai for Wolf...
ABSOLUTELY REK HIM IN A PILLOW FIGHT
Real Talk. The most evil thing a Disney villain has said is 'I never liked your spinach puffs'
Speaking of Disney, I heard

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
This was just posted in the inkling thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/3oh2d0/spoilers_sean_leaks_new_character_accidentally/
Doesn't have a full look on the situation but it's something new to add to the chaos at least.
"Who needs squids when you have kids"

Honestly sounds more like a deconfirmation... my first thought was Ice Climbers, but that's highly unlikely for a number of reasons, including a) they used IC as a sarcastic cover-up, and b) they said newcomer... oh yeah, and of course hardware.

But who does that leave us...

...No.

blue1.png

It can't be.
blue2.png

BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 STOP.
blue3.png

S T O P .

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smash has included a lot of content before a game came out:

Melee
Roy (character) before Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
Alpha (trophy) before Cubivore: Survival of the Fittest

Brawl
Gekko (stage prop) & Theme of Love (song) before Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

3DS/Wii U
Yoshi's Woolly World (stage & music) before Yoshi's Woolly World
Inkling (Mii Fighter outfits) before Splatoon
Super Mario Maker (stage & music) before Super Mario Maker

"Too new" is a terrible excuse

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
yeah, as the thread title says, everyone knows except us. ... Eh, I'm not believing on this at all. The Inklings will be added in the game, though (and I have no doubt of this), but all the characters from now on, are chosen from the Ballot (and as stated by many, it's just a suggestion box, they don't needed to wait the vote be done to start the development. Something will be done to at least the end of the year. It's my bet).

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Inklings + Wolf preballot anyone?
I'm super down for that. I definitely want Wolf back, although honestly at this point I think it's pretty hard to tell who would have been pre-ballot. We don't KNOW that Inklings were pre-ballot even if this leak turns out to be true. Weren't they just assuming this character was pre-ballot because they were being worked on for a while? It could have been a ballot character that was chosen early-on. I know a lot of people who voted for Inkling, also Splatoon is basically the best-selling Wii U game in Japan so you can imagine the Japanese ballot was flooded with Inkling.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
At least with a hypothetical Inklings confirmation, it puts to rest the idea that "Mii costumes for yet unplayable characters= disconfirmation due to consolation prize" considering out of all the Mii costume characters, Inklings and K. Rool were the only legitimately heavily requested characters during the Ballot period that were turned into costumes.

Because of how new they are, some time should be put in before they appear in Smash, and this is coming from a guy that loves Splatoon to death! (Krak-on Roller for life)
The Inklings makes a million times more sense than Shovel Knight of all characters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
At least with a hypothetical Inklings confirmation, it puts to rest the idea that "Mii costumes for yet unplayable characters= disconfirmation due to consolation prize" considering out of all the Mii costume characters, Inklings and K. Rool were the only legitimately heavily requested characters during the Ballot period that were turned into costumes.

The Inklings makes a million times more sense than Shovel Knight of all characters.
Okay, that is true in a way.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

Inkling costumes were promotion. That's a different treatment from K Rool and such. I don't think it would debunk the theory.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Inkling costumes were promotion. That's a different treatment from K Rool and such. I don't think it would debunk the theory.
How do we know that K. Rool wasn't a pre-ballot costume? Clearly no other character-turned-Mii-costume, outside of the Inklings, were remotely as requested as he was, which makes this theory even less believable.

Naoshi

How do we know that K. Rool wasn't a pre-ballot costume? Clearly no other character-turned-Mii-costume, outside of the Inklings, were remotely as requested as he was, which makes this theory even less believable.
Well, it is a theory after all. I'm just saying that it has some plausibility.

Lloyd was another popular character for Smash Bros fandom. Not hugely so though (and prob lost popularity during the ballot, but who knows).

Inklings were announced as costumes way earlier than the other ones. Not to mention they were pre-order bonuses for Splatoon. The mindset for their costume inclusion were definitely different in some way.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am more inclined to say that the inklings would prove that no one is deconfirmed through costumes but we would probably never got full confirmation on whether or not this is true, which would then lead to more pointless debates on the subject.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
people WILL find a way to deny K. Rool (high) possibility, don't worry, :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Well, it is a theory after all. I'm just saying that it has some plausibility.

Lloyd was another popular character for Smash Bros fandom. Not hugely so though (and prob lost popularity during the ballot, but who knows).
Not for the Ballot period he wasn't. Neither was Chrom, consideirng both their heavy Smash demands died off long before the Ballot even started (Lloyd due to Pac-Man and Chrom because he became the next Yamcha)

Last edited:

domokl

Smash Lord
So how would the shovel knight leak stand if this inkling one is true? Not effected or less likely?

Naoshi

people WILL find a way to deny K. Rool (high) possibility, don't worry, :p
I'm not really going out of my way to say K Rool isn't happening. I just don't think Inklings would completely debunk the costume theory. That's all.

Not for the Ballot period he wasn't. Neither was Chrom, consideirng both their heavy Smash demands died off long before the Ballot even started (Lloyd due to Pac-Man and Chrom because he became the next Yamcha)
That's kind of why I've brought up the popularity dying with the ballot.

(And since I've edited too late in my previous message)
As for Inklings, they were used as promotional material. They were pre-order bonuses for Splatoon. I think it's fair to say K Rool and Inklings costumes are possibly in a different situation.

I'm not saying K Rool's costume disconfirms him, nor does it make it highly unlikely he'll get in as playable.

Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Pan got a 25% on Rotten Tomatoes. I swear, movies are either really good or godawful this year
It didn't look like it was that bad tbh. Usually this year I can tell when a movie is going to be bad. Goosebumps looks like it's going to flop hard, very hard.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So how would the shovel knight leak stand if this inkling one is true? Not effected or less likely?
It does say SK is ballot so it wouldn't affect this. If both rumors are true then it be pretty interesting, and the third slot could be wolf. Perhaps all 3 could even launch this month which would be really hype.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm not really going out of my way to say K Rool isn't happening. I just don't think Inklings would completely debunk the costume theory. That's all.
Oh, relax; I'm not talking about your comment; just saying that we always pass through this circle of discussion; You know 'made up rules' and all. :p

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
(And since I've edited too late in my previous message)
As for Inklings, they were used as promotional material. They were pre-order bonuses for Splatoon. I think it's fair to say K Rool and Inklings were in a different situation.
Probably. Then again, K. Rool's situation is completely different from the likes of Lloyd and Akira as unlike them, he was a highly requested character. It seems more likely that being a costume means nothing than it actually being a consolation prize, to which there is about as much evidence as there was of Lucina replacing Roy.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It didn't look like it was that bad tbh. Usually this year I can tell when a movie is going to be bad. Goosebumps looks like it's going to flop hard, very hard.
Goosebumps? Jontron better review it
People are extremely judgmental of movies at this point, they want to see stand-outs this generation.
Inside Out has been one of the best movies this year. Cliche concept.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
According to Stealth___, we're getting the Newcomer by the 23rd of this month.
So that's 11 days or less.
Start the countdown, NintenZone.
And round up the Leakbusters.
We got us a job to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom