• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

domokl

Smash Lord
You guys are aware the goosebumps movie has gotten average to good reviews right?

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So guys, did you hear about the Shovel Knight amiibo listing? The rumors were true!1!

:troll:

Seriously though, I don't even know what to think about all this **** right now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You guys are aware the goosebumps movie has gotten average to good reviews right?
Huh, guess I was wrong about it.
This wouldn't be to bad, but there are around 60 different goosebumps stories, so which would you choose? Plus the goosebumps show kind of did this, but they could definitely expand on the idea. I also believe the movie was described as an semi scary movie, that is just meant to revive and bring back these creatures and stories from people's childhood into modern day. So it's more of a homage overall to goosebumps rather then some super scary Halloween movie.

It was somewhat surprising, but when they announced the movie, a huge amount of people got really excited for it. Most people are already familiar with the series so I think it could still sell well even if not good, and parents will bring their young kids to see it as a nice family friendly Halloween movie, and nostalgic fans will go watch it to see how the books come to life.

So you love it, since the show is amazing?
:awesome:
but seriously Sonic boom is great as a show, not really as a game though.
[/QUOTE]
Huh, I guess you're right, as for the stories they would choose, why not the particularly popular ones, like with what they did with the Twilight Zone.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Funny enough, it wasn't even Jack Black that caught my attention.

It was the fact that the guy who played Donny Gill on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to be one of the lead kids. :p

Also I'm glad people appreciate my title change. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Tsk. Guess this rumor hasn't ceased to cause chaos and rampant excess of speculation.

I really don't have much more to say about it, to be honest. At this point, this could be just an elaborate hoax.

I'll just pretend nothing is happening rather than repeating the same thing over and over again. After all, I already gave my thoughts on it: without any concrete evidence, there can't be any conclusion to draw in the first place.

And well, I think I'll be off since it's kind of late and I still want to watch some anime before I go to sleep. I was just doing a quick check on this thread to see if there were any news or something, though it seems it wasn't the case.

All this said, see ya.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Funny enough, it wasn't even Jack Black that caught my attention.

It was the fact that the guy who played Donny Gill on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. seems to be one of the lead kids. :p

Also I'm glad people appreciate my title change. :p
Dude, that kid was in Awake. That show was freaking brilliant.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dude, that kid was in Awake. That show was freaking brilliant.
I'll admit I haven't seen that one. I'll look into it though.

Just looked it up and found out he played Jack's son on Lost. Small world indeed!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Huh, guess I was wrong about it.

It was somewhat surprising, but when they announced the movie, a huge amount of people got really excited for it. Most people are already familiar with the series so I think it could still sell well even if not good, and parents will bring their young kids to see it as a nice family friendly Halloween movie, and nostalgic fans will go watch it to see how the books come to life.

So you love it, since the show is amazing?
:awesome:
but seriously Sonic boom is great as a show, not really as a game though.
Huh, I guess you're right, as for the stories they would choose, why not the particularly popular ones, like with what they did with the Twilight Zone.[/QUOTE]
I am very confused by this post, it seems yours and mine got mixed together, what happened?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So, anyone else feel like this rumor could be true but actually false?

Let me explain. This whole rumor thing feels like guesswork. Nothing has been truly said outright and all that's been said just seems like it's up for interpretation or is a reasonable expectation. Only the time frame for news is a reach and even then it's not too much of a reach since most people were expecting news in the weeks following the ballot's end. And then perhaps by coincidence or design, it seems Inklings are who most people have figured on being "the character". Either most people guessed right or at least one of the rumor spreaders is playing into our expectations to keep this whole thing alive by only recently implying it's Inklings outright too. Rather than the latter trick, it's more likely that we all just guessed right at what was being implied to begin with. After all, this rumor is a series of things we could guess at anyways, or at least is vague enough in enough places that the rumor spreaders have many outs if things don't go exactly as we expect. It's actually allowed to go in many directions and still claim "partial correctness", and many of the expectations are our own and we could be blamed for just misinterpreting the clues. Annoying but true.

Basically, this whole "rumor" thing is just a big mess. It still feels like safe guesswork no better than a text leak.

This said, it's actually believable that all this could happen. It's not unreasonable. And yet, I still feel like the rumor is kind of crap.

What I'm saying is, if Inklings get confirmed eventually, I won't be surprised. They're extremely popular. Probably even moreso than we realize from polls alone since there's a whole established multi-faceted Splatoon fanbase out there now. Nintendo has been pushing for them hard too for several months and this new IP is one of the most successful things on the console. Other than Wolf, I give them among the best odds. Not that they're certain of course, but if you were to guess DLC they're one of the safer bets you could make.

But even so, I'm not immediately going to say, "those rumor spreaders really did know all along!" I still think this rumor is sketchy enough, and messy enough, and seems enough like safe guesswork people have bandwagonned on that I won't be able to easily give it credit even if we get Inklings. I could still interpret it as a lucky guess basically. Until we get more detailed info at least. Sorry if this rumor really is legit and the spreaders wanted to be prophets... it still just smells bad. Perhaps the mess of it is blinding me to it's legitimacy. And really, getting Inklings or any other character that fits the criteria would give it some credit if I was being honest with myself. My gut doesn't want to believe that any of these people really know anything though, or that they at least only know as much as the rest of us. My gut tells me this even as I realize what they're saying "might happen", could actually happen.

Still, odds are in favor of this being a case of a bunch of secret keepers managing to only let us in on a few clues. What all they know, we can't be sure. They may only know a fraction more than us. Details may be scant because there isn't more to tell. This is at least more likely than a bandwagon/conspiracy. It's not overwhelmingly more likely however. Long story short, if Inklings or any other character that fits the criteria gets revealed, I'll only guess that maybe the rumor spreaders knew all this... but I won't be able to say one way or the other for sure.

Oh, and sorry about the "long train of thought" style post. I'm sure there was a more concise way to explain this.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I still have several dozen Goosebumps books. Those things were great.

I'll admit I haven't seen that one. I'll look into it though.

Just looked it up and found out he played Jack's son on Lost. Small world indeed!
You should check it out. It only got 1 Season but I think it had a satisfying ending. One of the best 1-season shows I've ever seen.

He was also the kid that Jeff tried to sell his used shoes to on Rules of Engagement :p.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I knew the Goosbumps movie would seem unlikeable with small tidbit of Teenage romance + comedy with Jack Black which would fit with him but with an IP like that, it wasn't gonna work.

Oh and we're talking about Lost now?

Man that show physically, emotionally and mentally upset me.

JJ Abrams is a mad man that must be stopped, he already screwed up Star Trek.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I knew the Goosbumps movie would seem unlikeable with small tidbit of Teenage romance + comedy with Jack Black which would fit with him but with an IP like that, it wasn't gonna work.

Oh and we're talking about Lost now?

Man that show physically, emotionally and mentally upset me.

JJ Abrams is a mad man that must be stopped, he already screwed up Star Trek.
I loved Lost, but hated the ending.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Goosebumps huh? I remember reading Girl Who Cried Monster and Go Eat Worms, and I might have read more than that, but I honestly hardly remember anything about the books.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dunno anything about any fiascos. All I heard was that the thing RogersBase and Stealth were apparently hinting at was Inklings, which I tweeted about some days ago.
Things are supposedly getting more complicated.

I'm not the best person to ask but we could seriously write a book about all this drama.

Anyone got a good summary?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
But honestly, the more over-complicated this rumor gets, the lower my interest in ANY news plummets. Rumors aren't fun if they're getting frustrating.

I dunno anything about any fiascos. All I heard was that the thing RogersBase and Stealth were apparently hinting at was Inklings, which I tweeted about some days ago.
Well now other people like someone from smashifed are claiming to have the same info. And he deleted some tweets about inklings. It's getting dumb
Better to have loved Lost than to have never gotten lost at all.

. . .that isn't how that saying goes is it?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's pretty Gilligan's Island but more serious

"HEY, WE FOUND THE WAY TO GET OFF THE ISLAND"

"**** THAT HE'S SOME TREASURE. HE'S SOME CRAZY ROMANCE"

At least it's not as bad as Heroes AKA "How to drop a show after 1 season"

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
At this point I'm convinced at what @Con0rrrr's friend said about delaying the announcement will be more likely to happen, especially considering we have a specific date on when more things will be revealed and what not :p
Man I hope not.

The sooner we put this thing to rest, the better.
What makes that even more annoying is that it gives the timeframe for news more leeway. The rumor was already quite safe in it's guesswork and vagueness, either being up for interpretation or at least something we might expect anyways. The tight time frame for the news was something however, even if the weeks after the ballot was safe too. Now that window is even bigger. We might not get news until the holidays and if it tangentially falls within the rumor's criteria those spreading it could still make a claim at the info. There's going to be hardly anything that'll tell us whether this was just a bunch of rumor mongers banding together to mess with the community or if they were legit leakers. No one "wins" in this. The only upside will be getting any Smash news soon at all, and regardless of what that news is, we'll just be sick of this rumor whether it appears right or wrong.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
That is 100% Stealth (the guy from twitter/RPGrinder). I had my reservations about whether or not it was him the other day when he reopened a GFaqs account so I verified it through twitter.
The day Etika legit knows a leak before us is the day I give up leak discussion for good...
I hate this rumor.

Like people gave the Shovel Knight rumor ****, for just being Shovel Knight.

But this rumor that has absolutely nothing going for it and has misinformation and twelve different directions is getting a more positive reaction?

I wonder why.
THANK YOU.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Few things.I would like anyone to answer for me or not
  • So stealth_ knows about two characters?
  • So sean spilled the beans about the character and is trying to do damage control?Or our people looking to deep into it
  • finally this "leak" is stupid.Who agrees?

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Tama Tama :
-Stealth says the New character will be revealed October 23rd.
-He also claims to know who the 2nd character is.
-A person from Smashified claims to know who the character is.
-He says there is a "Special Event" coming.

Basically, this is a doozy :p.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
You are exaggerating, I don't think this is complicated or a chaos at all.
Some guys said/think the Inklings are coming and it makes sense thanks to a possible Splatoon Direct.
Another character is possible.

The End.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Huh, I guess you're right, as for the stories they would choose, why not the particularly popular ones, like with what they did with the Twilight Zone.
I am very confused by this post, it seems yours and mine got mixed together, what happened?[/QUOTE]
Yes, our posts got mixed together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom