• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
You do art. Your sister does art. Your friend does art. Is there something in the water over there? I hate all of you (sarcasm)

See my avi
1) Faith = Sister
2) Yes, there is
Ginger Ale.
100% Fizzy Goodness. No water here.
Guaranteed to increase Art Skillset by 15% a cup.
All hail Canada.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Bruh, how does the bottom screen look with 5 players on Multi-Man Smash?
P1 (You) is normal-size, P2 is normal size only if it's another player VIA Local Play, P2-P5 are very small and huddled in a corner.
:4pacman:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I just skimmed through the last few pages... what the hell, man.

Also, this seems to be pretty accurate:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

SpyroRyan

Smash Rookie
Nintendo Direct is trending over at Twitter lol
I am legit imagining a bunch of spiffy Japanese men rushing to put together something to deliver while its hot. Not that it'll happen, but it'd be funny if they just squished something together in like an hour.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Whoa, never before seen render of Link, reminisent of a certain appearance.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Read faith as friend. May be going insane. Send smash dlc.
On it.
I'll steal Mom's credit card, buy Wii U/3DS Mii Costumes until we're out of money, and send you all the Wii U codes I can.
I won't actually
>canada
Explains everything
You need the Ginger Ale, man.
It's some good ****.

Plot = Thickened
I'm laughing.

"if it helps"
Because posting a picture of a guy in a skeleton suit with nothing underneath helps
:4pacman:

>Guy holding door open for me.
>salutes as I walk past (I said thanks so it wasn't sarcastic probably)
>Spin in place
>at attention
>salute back with all my might
>walk away smiling

College is ****ing weird man.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
The feels man. The feels.
Nintendo. Just announce a direct already.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Means nothing, really. Nintendo's rebranding itself in many stores to just be Nintendo, as opposed to having separate Wii U and 3DS sections. Pikachu got a new render too. It's likely so the art looks uniform across the board, since Pikachu and Link generally have 2D drawings for their art as opposed to 3D renders like Mario, Fox, Kirby, Olimar and the Pikmin, Isabelle, and Samus.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Looks more like Skyward Link or OoT Link than TP Link anyway. TP Link is more of a faded green and has obvious stitching going down his hat. Plus the coloring and shading seems a little more cartoony than Twilight Princess' style.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pretty much. (What I'd pay for a world without lying)
There's actually a movie about this called The Invention of Lying.

I didn't really like it because it portrayed modern society as being exactly the same except no one ever lied, so it couldn't have been the same, since things like war and business rely on lies and secrecy to achieve the outcomes they did...but that's beside the point.

D

Deleted member

I'll just keep not following this ****storm of "leaks" and wait until something real pops up.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Kim's actually been gaining traction with Infinity requests lately, and was on their official fan poll. And John Vignocchi (essentially DI's Sakurai+Reggie) said he was discussing "things" and then tweeted a picture of him with the show's creator and her VA.

I'd say her chances are quite high.
Awesome. She definitely deserves it.
It's a bit annoying they have some Disney characters missing when they have every MCU and Star Wars character under the sun already in the game.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Pretty much. (What I'd pay for a world without lying)
Not sure I could handle a world with nothing but brutal honesty.
Not really important right now, but here are some more YCG tweets.
I guess this sort of adds more fuel to the fire, but not enough to be really prominent.
I don't think there's really anything YC can say that will convince people he's not in, whether they're being truthful or not. I don't think they're adding fuel.

Incidentally, the amiibo site is still busted for me. I don't believe the SK amiibo listing for Smash means anything but I think it's pretty funny that even Nintendo made that error.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Awesome. She definitely deserves it.
It's a bit annoying they have some Disney characters missing when they have every MCU and Star Wars character under the sun already in the game.
While I agree with Star Wars, I'm still waiting for Ant-Man (who's pseudo-confirmed), Scarlet Witch, Vision, Daredevil (who they sadly kinda outright denied due to the brutality in the series, which is IMO bull**** since most of the violence comes from the villains), Agent Coulson, and Quake. And Doctor Strange, but he's a virtual guarantee for 4.0, alongside Black Panther.

But yeah, I agree. It's mainly due to the Disney portion being much more expansive, but yet not cohesive. While Star Wars and Marvel can carry their own big themes, Disney's so diverse that it's harder to do, especially since 1.0 was basically Pixar Infinity, with the only non-Pixar playsets being Pirates of the Caribbean and The Lone Ranger (both Bruckheimer films). Since they basically said they're done with big themes, it's likely that 4.0 will add lots of missing classics (though a TV theme would be great, since there's a lot they can do: Kim Possible, Gravity Falls, Darkwing Duck, and American Dragon on the animated side, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, and Jessica Jones (Agent Carter might be out of place, but there's that too) for Marvel, and expanding on the Rebels characters for Star Wars while finally getting Hera in the game. And the Muppets.).

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
While I agree with Star Wars, I'm still waiting for Ant-Man (who's pseudo-confirmed), Scarlet Witch, Vision, Daredevil (who they sadly kinda outright denied due to the brutality in the series, which is IMO bull**** since most of the violence comes from the villains), Agent Coulson, and Quake. And Doctor Strange, but he's a virtual guarantee for 4.0, alongside Black Panther.

But yeah, I agree. It's mainly due to the Disney portion being much more expansive, but yet not cohesive. While Star Wars and Marvel can carry their own big themes, Disney's so diverse that it's harder to do, especially since 1.0 was basically Pixar Infinity, with the only non-Pixar playsets being Pirates of the Caribbean and The Lone Ranger (both Bruckheimer films). Since they basically said they're done with big themes, it's likely that 4.0 will add lots of missing classics (though a TV theme would be great, since there's a lot they can do: Kim Possible, Gravity Falls, Darkwing Duck, and American Dragon on the animated side, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Daredevil, and Jessica Jones (Agent Carter might be out of place, but there's that too) for Marvel, and expanding on the Rebels characters for Star Wars while finally getting Hera in the game. And the Muppets.).
I heard Reggie say something during E3 2014 about Amiibo functionality???? :eek:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I heard Reggie say something during E3 2014 about Amiibo functionality???? :eek:
If I remember correctly both sides said they'd be open to it (in particular, I think JV said that if given the opportunity he'd like to see Mario and Link in there), but I doubt anything will come to fruition, mainly due to the last time that only one platform got an exclusive character (Sam Flynn and Quorra of TRON: Legacy in 2.0 being PC exclusives), people got up in arms, leading to them finally releasing figure versions of them for all systems (as originally they were bought as downloadable characters on the PC without physical figures).

If they got amiibo, there'd be LOTS of backlash, especially since most of the fans are using PS4 for the game.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Twitter is nothing but a gold mine right now.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I haven't watched the new Marvel shows, but they seem really mature, so they kinda seem like they'd be out of place?
Also, I forgot Muppets were Disney. Yes please. :D

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
If I remember correctly both sides said they'd be open to it (in particular, I think JV said that if given the opportunity he'd like to see Mario and Link in there), but I doubt anything will come to fruition, mainly due to the last time that only one platform got an exclusive character (Sam Flynn and Quorra of TRON: Legacy in 2.0 being PC exclusives), people got up in arms, leading to them finally releasing figure versions of them for all systems (as originally they were bought as downloadable characters on the PC without physical figures).

If they got amiibo, there'd be LOTS of backlash, especially since most of the fans are using PS4 for the game.
Well the new Skylanders is getting Bowser and D.K. as Nintendo-only characters. (Also seeing Peter Pan and Link together would be great!)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I haven't watched the new Marvel shows, but they seem really mature, so they kinda seem like they'd be out of place?
Also, I forgot Muppets were Disney. Yes please. :D
That was actually their reasoning for keeping out Daredevil (which I'm still miffed about if you can't tell gaaaaaah) but Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. honestly doesn't have anything you wouldn't see in one of the movies. Nor does Agent Carter, really. Basically, it's the Netflix shows like Daredevil and Jessica Jones that'd be more...problematically realistic, but not the ones on ABC.
Also you should totally give AoS a shot. The first half of season one starts out really slow but it progressively gets better and better. Like, I really wish Fitz and Simmons had any sort of shot for Infinity.

D

Deleted member

Considering we have Skylanders amiibo of Bowser and DK, it wouldn't surprise me if we got Disney Infinity amiibo for certain characters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well the new Skylanders is getting Bowser and D.K. as Nintendo-only characters. (Also seeing Peter Pan and Link together would be great!)
That doesn't get past the issue of going against the Disney theme though. Skylanders is full of original characters + Spyro, but all Infinity characters are Disney-owned, which would make it out of place for a Nintendo character or two to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom