• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I guess right now, all we can do is wait and see.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I realize its only prediction, but it kind of makes sense if you think about it. I'm not getting my hopes up, but its not too far-fetched of an idea.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That doesn't get past the issue of going against the Disney theme though. Skylanders is full of original characters + Spyro, but all Infinity characters are Disney-owned, which would make it out of place for a Nintendo character or two to show up.
Yeah, that is very true. (I want to see a Gravity Falls character, Mabel in particular)

SpyroRyan

Smash Rookie
That doesn't get past the issue of going against the Disney theme though. Skylanders is full of original characters + Spyro, but all Infinity characters are Disney-owned, which would make it out of place for a Nintendo character or two to show up.
Wreck it Ralph 2 is getting made though with Mario, so there's that

D

Deleted member

Even if it was Bowser or Mario?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wreck it Ralph 2 is getting made though with Mario, so there's that
Even if it was Bowser or Mario?

Somehow I knew when writing that post that Wreck-it Ralph would be brought up.

That's the one exception I can see: if the whole "Wreck-It Ralph 2 including Mario" thing pans out, I can see them doing Mario as a guest character via amiibo down the line. :p

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
It's disheartening to me that they've focused on everything but the Disney Animated Features Canon. Even the films with AAA tier popularity and acclaim (Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Bambi, Dumbo, The Jungle Book, etc.) have been ignored in favor of Marvel and Star Wars.

It makes total sense from a business perspective, but when this was first announced, I got my hopes up for the figures collection equivalent of Kingdom Hearts... not this. There are over 600 characters ripe for choice from the Features Canon that haven't been used.

It really makes me wish Disney would at least release collectible cards of their Features Canon characters a la the Animal Crossing amiibo cards.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Besides, everyone knows Together Forever is an objectively superior song. Why that... piece of trite... is still brought up baffles me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's disheartening to me that they've focused on everything but the Disney Animated Features Canon. Even the films with AAA tier popularity and acclaim (Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Pinocchio, The Little Mermaid, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Bambi, Dumbo, The Jungle Book, etc.) have been ignored in favor of Marvel and Star Wars.

It makes total sense from a business perspective, but when this was first announced, I got my hopes up for the figures collection equivalent of Kingdom Hearts... not this. There are over 600 characters ripe for choice from the Features Canon that haven't been used.

It really makes me wish Disney would at least release collectible cards of their Features Canon characters a la the Animal Crossing amiibo cards.
In their defense, they're aware of the requests. They just wanted to get the "three pillars" out of the way first (Classic Disney and Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars). I'm almost certain 4.0 will have more classics.

And as a (not so) fun fact, the reason characters like Bambi, Dumbo, and Simba haven't been done is due to a technical issue: lots of the gameplay involves rope climbing, driving, and shooting things/using weapons, which quadrupeds have a harder time doing. I imagine they don't want to go down the route they did with the Cars characters again, since they're highly restricted in most gameplay features and are among the least popular figures because of it.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
You ************.

I knew you were lying. I didn't expect that
(jokes on you I like that song.)
believe it or not, I do too
...didn't know you get punished for rickrolls, sorry about that :|

at this point I totally don't deserve a Direct this week haha

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In their defense, they're aware of the requests. They just wanted to get the "three pillars" out of the way first (Classic Disney and Pixar, Marvel, and Star Wars). I'm almost certain 4.0 will have more classics.

And as a (not so) fun fact, the reason characters like Bambi, Dumbo, and Simba haven't been done is due to a technical issue: lots of the gameplay involves rope climbing, driving, and shooting things/using weapons, which quadrupeds have a harder time doing. I imagine they don't want to go down the route they did with the Cars characters again, since they're highly restricted in most gameplay features and are among the least popular figures because of it.
Though I'd love to see Dumbo along the line, even if he is restrictive.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Though I'd love to see Dumbo along the line, even if he is restrictive.
Dumbo would be the quadruped I feel they'd have the easiest time doing a workaround for. He can fly, giving him no need for rope climbing, he can shoot peanuts like that one scene near the end, and tackle opponents, as well as hold weapons with his trunk or have Timothy hold them for him in his hat.

The only thing stopping him would be vehicles.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm listening to Rick Astley right this second, I had it on this computer for years really. Ever since I found that old Rick Rolled thing on Youtube.

Someone should totally sig this. I would but my sig is already cut off as it is. . .

EDIT if there is an issue here with this looking like I got a warning i'll move it. didn't think it would look so life like :p

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord

That makes total sense. The gameplay of Infinity isn't particularly enticing to me, so I was definitely thinking from the perspective of a Disney fan-collector, and people only interesting in collecting can't be their primary demographic of focus. Unlike amiibo, these toys to life are focused on a particular franchise with a particular gameplay style, so what I'm thinking doesn't work.

I guess I'll just have to campaign for them to finally release trading cards based on their characters. (This is a literal goldmine of potential).

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's funny that we would complain about this thread's title being @Swampasaur's Twitter feed, and yet the past weeks have been saturated with discussions about Twitter feeds claiming to know stuff about Smash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I guess right now, all we can do is wait and see.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I realize its only prediction, but it kind of makes sense if you think about it. I'm not getting my hopes up, but its not too far-fetched of an idea.
Honestly, by now, I wish she would keep her mouth shut. All she's doing is making people even more on edge than they already are.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That makes total sense. The gameplay of Infinity isn't particularly enticing to me, so I was definitely thinking from the perspective of a Disney fan-collector, and people only interesting in collecting can't be their primary demographic of focus. Unlike amiibo, these toys to life are focused on a particular franchise with a particular gameplay style, so what I'm thinking doesn't work.

I guess I'll just have to campaign for them to finally release trading cards based on their characters. (This is a literal goldmine of potential).
It's a bit different, but there's an interactive game at the Magic Kingdom in Disney World called Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom that features collectible battle cards of various Disney characters. They're pretty nifty.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
*wandering around Google*
*finds this*

Oh.
This brings back memories...
upload_2015-10-15_22-4-7.png

Don't think I forgot you, Ace...
Y҉́o̸̵͢u̧̧.̡͜.̶͘.͞
Y͏̧O̸͢͠U̶̵͡'̴̧̛͟L̷̷̵̀̀L̕҉̕ ̴̶̛̕͡N͞҉̶̀͞É̶̕V̵̷̨͜E̕̕͟͝Ŗ̸̕͞ ̛B̵͟͠Ę͢͝ ̵̡͠͠F̀͘͞Ò͘͝҉̛Ŗ͡͡͞͡Ģ̵̧̕I̷̶̸̧͞V҉̡Ȩ̸̀͘͞Ǹ̕
Oh hey, Rael's in the picture too
I remember him
He was cool

Chrono.

Splatoon got a new weapon

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom