• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Checking the Famitsu scans again, I realized that Tiki from Fire Emblem has the same VA as Pikachu.

Almost begs for a VA joke in PXZ2. PXZ1 had plenty of those.

I would really like to see Metal Face recognizing Lucina and Ryu from Smash given that PXZ1 has subtle references to previous crossovers involving the series in it such as the Street Fighter and Tekken characters knowing each other, as well as references to Namco x Capcom in regards to the returning characters from that game.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Mismagius and Ninetails are in Pokken as supports.

That's 2 more off the roster.

EDIT: Here's a pic
There's also Halloween themed Alternate Costumes but no pictures on those yet.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
A decent article, but regarding part 2, as I stated a few days ago, it's way too early to be speculating about hypothetical Smash 5 cuts; it's going to be at least a couple of years until its planning begins, and a character's stock can change significantly in that time.
It's pure speculation and opinion, but you can always examine patterns and attempt to extrapolate. This thing is, we not only don't know anything about the future state of franchises (Metroid can fall off the face of the Earth and Chibi Robot could go on to sell millions for all we know) but we also don't know anything about the state of Smash (or who is going to direct it) moving forward.

That being said, if we actually cared about being realistic and discussing facts we wouldn't be on this thread arguing over which DLC characters have a chance when we have close to 0 frame of reference in regards to how much DLC is left or the criteria used to choose them.

I was thinking possible cuts night actually be more fun to do as a future podcast item, I haven't 100% decided yet.

Soul.

Interesting to see Mismagius and Ninetales as Support Pokémon. Hopefully they aren't limited material (I mean, it's not like they will be, but still)

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Zip-Lash looks good from what I've seen so far. A little like one of those indie platformers with their unique mobility mechanics albeit with a lot more polish.

Chrono.

Welcome to my world.

Also, what is PXZ? Im not exactly going to look it up, and Id like some discussion.
Project X Zone, a Strategy RPG that's also a big crossover between SEGA, Capcom and Bamco (with some Nintendo in the second game).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I was watching some Hyrule Warriors videos and watched SSE cutscenes.

Ganondorf is such a badass. :4ganondorf:

Chrono. Chrono. Bamco, the best japanese company ever
Tell that to fans of Japanese games that don't see titles released outside of Japan. Bandai Namco is particularly known for that, though they've gotten better over the last years or at least, that's my impression.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
We were having the first Source Gaming discussion when those scans came out. So...we started to do a live translation.

Very cool stuff! Really digging the thought-process behind Skull Kid.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Welp. Things are starting to get interesting again.
View attachment 76926
Apparently, Nintendo deleted a mysterious tweet that might have revealed something potentially new.
Guys, this took me two minutes to find on the same reddit thread linked in the quote.

Screencapped in case that link gets deleted too:
Untitled.png

Edit: :079:

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
We were having the first Source Gaming discussion when those scans came out. So...we started to do a live translation.

Very cool stuff! Really digging the thought-process behind Skull Kid.
Are you going to elaborate on this later? In an article or something?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
We're at the point where "My dad works at Nintendo" text leaks are taken seriously again and a Nintendo tweet about an upcoming game is being viewed as a Smash-related clue.

I think it's high time we reeled ourselves in a bit, because this is getting pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I haven't seen people be this thirsty for Smash since the limited demo codes.
Remember people getting desperate over Mewtwo codes, the first week of the Smash Ballot and that gap last year between February and April before we got a new character during pre-release

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Wherever I go, the tweets are the talk of the town, it seems.

There's too little to conclude anything from the tweets, imo.

:231:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Are you going to elaborate on this later? In an article or something?
If people pledge 1 dollar to the patreon, they can get a sneak preview of the discussion right now. Otherwise the discussion will be posted in 2 days or so. (Editing stuff!)
We need money. :*(. Microphones and site hosting is expensive yo.

Both faeries (Tatl and Tael) fight with Skull Kid. The Treasure Box set is really cool, I'm super excited about it.

@Logo12 finished compiling @BluePikmin11's data for the individual poll. That should be going up in 24 hours or so.

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
It's been a while since I've been here. What's the status on the Shovel Knight leak and has there been any significant leaks since then?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Neo and Push are looking into the twitter tweets, I'd wait until they make the determination whether they are trustworthy or not before we continue to dismiss these rumors

Chrono.

If people pledge 1 dollar to the patreon, they can get a sneak preview of the discussion right now. Otherwise the discussion will be posted in 2 days or so. (Editing stuff!)
We need money. :*(. Microphones and site hosting is expensive yo.

Both faeries (Tatl and Tael) fight with Skull Kid. The Treasure Box set is really cool, I'm super excited about it.

@Logo12 finished compiling @BluePikmin11's data for the individual poll. That should be going up in 24 hours or so.
I wonder if Majora's forms will implemented somehow.

Maybe as finishers.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wonder if Majora's forms will implemented somehow.

Maybe as finishers.
Maybe Majora's wrath will be his focus spirit. Other ideas I've had include him summoning the 4 bosses from Majora's Mask.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
SWF - Political Correctness and Sealioning

It's pretty damn sad when I can have the same exact discussion from yesterday on 4chan of all places, and have it be 1000x more civil than any attempt at having a dissenting opinion in this loony house:

http://boards.4chan.org/adv/thread/16321456

Look at that, not a single person got offended for having a dissenting opinion... People of different opinions colluded respectfully despite the tone used and people having different opinions. Well golly gee!! Will you look at that?!

If you say something remotely provocative on here, you monkeys immediately lose your minds, and instantly call someone "rude," "offensive," and a "troll," simply for having a different opinion that you cannot agree with. It's happened to me both times I posted here, and I've seen it happen to other posters.

I fail to imagine how most of you are able to function in real life considering how overly sensitive you seem to be. You lack the maturity to not take everything so personally. No, because everything has to relate to "me" and "myyyyyy problems," because I'm a special little snowflake and the world has to acknowledge me!

Honestly, it's downright pathetic.

There used to be a time where discussions like these were commonplace here, and this was an overall chill community with decent people, I actually came back hoping to have that same chill little hangout from before... but that time is past and most of those people are gone. What replaced them was an influx from the sea of feelgood groupthink and ignorance stemming from tumblr and the SJWs. Dear God... how horrifying.

Nah, you know what, **** that. I have better things to do than waste my time hanging out with a bunch of literal children who lack the capacity for critical thinking. I remember now why I left the first time around.

And for the record, asexuality is not defined as a choice by the very people trying to define it as a social justice movement:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

And whether or not it's an orientation is still a matter faced with much scrutiny from the scientific community. Likewise, asexuality does not suggest a lack of sexual drive,

http://www.asexualityarchive.com/things-that-are-not-asexuality/

it's just repressed due to psychological issues, lowered motivation, or lowered libido. No amount of social justice and opinions will change scientific facts. And perhaps you people should try reading a goddamn book before pushing forth your "opinions."

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/sexual-health

I would personally say that 99% of the people claiming to be asexual, aren't asexual at all.

Anyway, I'm not here to bicker with you people, nor am I gonna debate this issue with half-lucid orangutans. I'm simply here to lecture you and tell you that you can **** off, and that I'm outta here.

I await the inevitable "good riddance" replies.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Neo and Push are looking into the twitter tweets, I'd wait until they make the determination whether they are trustworthy or not before we continue to dismiss these rumors
There's literally no reason whatsoever to trust RPGrinder. He is a troll, and guessing that there would be Splatoon content in a Nintendo Direct doesn't suddenly make him a trustworthy source of information. Splatoon was a major upcoming release at the time that Nintendo was pushing the hell out of. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew that they would be covering it on Nintendo Direct.

And without RPGrinder's elaboration, RogersBase's part of the leak is completely worthless. So....no, I don't see why this shouldn't be dismissed immediately. Sorry to both of them, but I think Neo and Push are wasting their time.

This leak has no credibility, and leaks without credibility should be viewed as fake until proven real, not vice-versa.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom