• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
SWF - Political Correctness and Sealioning

It's pretty damn sad when I can have the same exact discussion from yesterday on 4chan of all places, and have it be 1000x more civil than any attempt at having a dissenting opinion in this loony house:

http://boards.4chan.org/adv/thread/16321456

Look at that, not a single person got offended for having a dissenting opinion... People of different opinions colluded respectfully despite the tone used and people having different opinions. Well golly gee!! Will you look at that?!

If you say something remotely provocative on here, you monkeys immediately lose your minds, and instantly call someone "rude," "offensive," and a "troll," simply for having a different opinion that you cannot agree with. It's happened to me both times I posted here, and I've seen it happen to other posters.

I fail to imagine how most of you are able to function in real life considering how overly sensitive you seem to be. You lack the maturity to not take everything so personally. No, because everything has to relate to "me" and "myyyyyy problems," because I'm a special little snowflake and the world has to acknowledge me!

Honestly, it's downright pathetic.

There used to be a time where discussions like these were commonplace here, and this was an overall chill community with decent people, I actually came back hoping to have that same chill little hangout from before... but that time is past and most of those people are gone. What replaced them was an influx from the sea of feelgood groupthink and ignorance stemming from tumblr and the SJWs. Dear God... how horrifying.

Nah, you know what, **** that. I have better things to do than waste my time hanging out with a bunch of literal children who lack the capacity for critical thinking. I remember now why I left the first time around.

And for the record, asexuality is not defined as a choice by the very people trying to define it as a social justice movement:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

And whether or not it's an orientation is still a matter faced with much scrutiny from the scientific community. Likewise, asexuality does not suggest a lack of sexual drive,

http://www.asexualityarchive.com/things-that-are-not-asexuality/

it's just repressed due to psychological issues, lowered motivation, or lowered libido. No amount of social justice and opinions will change scientific facts. And perhaps you people should try reading a goddamn book before pushing forth your "opinions."

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/sexual-health

I would personally say that 99% of the people claiming to be asexual, aren't asexual at all.

Anyway, I'm not here to bicker with you people, nor am I gonna debate this issue with half-lucid orangutans. I'm simply here to lecture you and tell you that you can **** off, and that I'm outta here.

I await the inevitable "good riddance" replies.
You know after reading all of this you calling us childish is like the pot calling the kettle black

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
PushDustIn PushDustIn I noticed you retweeted a post from the Japanese Splatoon twitter. What did it say? The picture had Marie holding a member of the octarian army.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Speaking of Splatoon, I thought up the best idea for teams if they ever want to tie in with Star Wars:

Team Trilogy vs Team Prequels

The Internet would have a field day with that.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
SWF - Political Correctness and Sealioning

It's pretty damn sad when I can have the same exact discussion from yesterday on 4chan of all places, and have it be 1000x more civil than any attempt at having a dissenting opinion in this loony house:

http://boards.4chan.org/adv/thread/16321456

Look at that, not a single person got offended for having a dissenting opinion... People of different opinions colluded respectfully despite the tone used and people having different opinions. Well golly gee!! Will you look at that?!

If you say something remotely provocative on here, you monkeys immediately lose your minds, and instantly call someone "rude," "offensive," and a "troll," simply for having a different opinion that you cannot agree with. It's happened to me both times I posted here, and I've seen it happen to other posters.

I fail to imagine how most of you are able to function in real life considering how overly sensitive you seem to be. You lack the maturity to not take everything so personally. No, because everything has to relate to "me" and "myyyyyy problems," because I'm a special little snowflake and the world has to acknowledge me!

Honestly, it's downright pathetic.

There used to be a time where discussions like these were commonplace here, and this was an overall chill community with decent people, I actually came back hoping to have that same chill little hangout from before... but that time is past and most of those people are gone. What replaced them was an influx from the sea of feelgood groupthink and ignorance stemming from tumblr and the SJWs. Dear God... how horrifying.

Nah, you know what, **** that. I have better things to do than waste my time hanging out with a bunch of literal children who lack the capacity for critical thinking. I remember now why I left the first time around.

And for the record, asexuality is not defined as a choice by the very people trying to define it as a social justice movement:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asexuality

And whether or not it's an orientation is still a matter faced with much scrutiny from the scientific community. Likewise, asexuality does not suggest a lack of sexual drive,

http://www.asexualityarchive.com/things-that-are-not-asexuality/

it's just repressed due to psychological issues, lowered motivation, or lowered libido. No amount of social justice and opinions will change scientific facts. And perhaps you people should try reading a goddamn book before pushing forth your "opinions."

http://www.healthline.com/health/depression/sexual-health

I would personally say that 99% of the people claiming to be asexual, aren't asexual at all.

Anyway, I'm not here to bicker with you people, nor am I gonna debate this issue with half-lucid orangutans. I'm simply here to lecture you and tell you that you can **** off, and that I'm outta here.

I await the inevitable "good riddance" replies.
You're a good person.
There's literally no reason whatsoever to trust RPGrinder. He is a troll, and guessing that there would be Splatoon content in a Nintendo Direct doesn't suddenly make him a trustworthy source of information.

And without RPGrinder's elaboration, RogersBase's part of the leak is completely worthless. So....no, I don't see why this shouldn't be dismissed immediately.

This leak has no credibility, and leaks without credibility should be viewed as fake until proven real, not vice-versa.
I believe RPGrinder proved that he's been to private Nintendo event(s) before. There is supposed to be a third person who has info on Smash stuff and is apparently shown to be reliable. Neo and Push are looking into what he has to say. All three people also happen to be friends.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Leaks are quite the trouble.
I hope the guy who screwed up those photos at Famistu got fired. You really shouldn't screw up this bad.

I feel sorry for Ono

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh GameXplain..... never change.......

:facepalm:
NOW LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE ALL DONE! YOU SPAWNED A GAMEXPLAIN DISCUSSION!!!!
MONSTERS!

In all seriousness, this wasn't that bad, they basically described their most wanted and predictions if we were to get news that would tie into the holiday season this month.

And skull kid is looking pretty cool, I hope we get a trailer soon. The project x zone screens are also nice to see. Seems like they are really adding as much as they can to the game. And besides ninetails and mismagius as assists in pokken, what else is there on it?

Also now that the dora days are over, I found an adorable picture of Jirachi to use for Halloween, I might do a different each week leading up to Halloween but we shall see.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I believe RPGrinder proved that he's been to private Nintendo event(s) before. There is supposed to be a third person who has info on Smash stuff and is apparently shown to be reliable. Neo and Push are looking into what he has to say. All three people also happen to be friends.
You're about the fifth person who's told me these guys are reliable without providing any actual reason as to why they're reliable, exactly.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm still waiting for the Boxers vs Briefs Splatfest. :p

Also I changed the title.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
This what kills the Splatfest

You're a dirty freak if you prefer under

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Mismagius and Ninetails are in Pokken as supports.

That's 2 more off the roster.

EDIT: Here's a pic

There's also Halloween themed Alternate Costumes but no pictures on those yet.
The dream is dead. No playable Mismagius. RIP.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
What a wonderful night to be freed from a curse.

As for these "leaks" I'm 50/50 right now and I'll just wait for the next two weeks.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
We're at the point where "My dad works at Nintendo" text leaks are taken seriously again and a Nintendo tweet about an upcoming game is being viewed as a Smash-related clue.

I think it's high time we reeled ourselves in a bit, because this is getting pretty ridiculous.
I love how many likes this post has. It deserves a hell of a lot more though.

But try as you might Burb, this sort of thing is going to get worse as time goes on. I guarantee after DLC has fizzled out and come to a sensible end we're going to get "NEW SMASH DLC IN NEXT DIRECT" leaks.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
N
You're about the fifth person who's told me these guys are reliable without providing any actual reason as to why they're reliable, exactly.
There's nothing that states they aren't. The only thing people claim is that rpgrinder is a troll for not liking leaks. I read through the thread and his post history and there's nothing that justifies him as a troll. Pretty much the rest of the gamefaqs thread was used to defend him and many users claimed he's trust worth, just very vocal about leaks.

N

There's nothing that states they aren't. The only thing people claim is that rpgrinder is a troll for not liking leaks. I read through the thread and his post history and there's nothing that justifies him as a troll. Pretty much the rest of the gamefaqs thread was used to defend him and many users claimed he's trust worth, just very vocal about leaks.
That isn't how burden of proof works. It doesn't matter there is "no evidence" he isn't reliable. Evidence is needed to show he is reliable which burb claims to not have been shown.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Them fighting words :052:
Pffhahahaha.

That's what I say every time someone insults Tails.

Gotta keep it funny, or even the Flame Shield won't help you against Tails H8rs.

Also agreed. Cats are the best.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I still don't see the rush in contacting them or whatever.

They gave a timeframe of 2 weeks so lets just wait it out.

D

Deleted member

I have necer been so confused about what's going on in this thread
Can someone summarize this leak there apparently is?

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
If people pledge 1 dollar to the patreon, they can get a sneak preview of the discussion right now. Otherwise the discussion will be posted in 2 days or so. (Editing stuff!)
We need money. :*(. Microphones and site hosting is expensive yo.

Both faeries (Tatl and Tael) fight with Skull Kid. The Treasure Box set is really cool, I'm super excited about it.

Logo12 Logo12 finished compiling @BluePikmin11's data for the individual poll. That should be going up in 24 hours or so.
Well I've compiled BluePikmin11's data way earlier, but this looks more safe and fun anyways :L

Also I'm fixing your 1st part because, lol, you literally put "Donkey Kong" into the results.

upload_2015-10-8_2-44-28.png

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I still don't see the rush in contacting them or whatever.

They gave a timeframe of 2 weeks so lets just wait it out.
I still don't see the reason why we aren't discarding it like all the 4chan leaks that pop up every day.

It's like people can't seem to grasp that it's a comment as vague as "There will be big news about a Nintendo game within two weeks" being twisted into "There will be a 1st party Smash character announced as DLC within two weeks" by a known troll.

Even if RogersBase is trustworthy, the guy who linked it all to Smash isn't. "Something will happen" isn't a Smash leak.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This might be my favorite honest trailer,

that ending though, did not know that....

Chrono.

I still don't see the reason why we aren't discarding it like all the 4chan leaks that pop up every day.

It's like people can't seem to grasp that it's a comment as vague as "There will be big news about a Nintendo game within two weeks" being twisted into "There will be a 1st party Smash character announced as DLC within two weeks" by a known troll.

Even if RogersBase is trustworthy, the guy who linked it all to Smash isn't. "Something will happen" isn't a Smash leak.
Because they don't feel like it?

Well I don't know or care, I think it's fake myself and this whole situation is pretty ridiculous. But if anyone else thinks it might be real, best thing for them to do is just to wait and that's it. If it's fake (which it very likely is) that's their problem.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

4chan posts are anonymous, while Twitter isn't. In this case, we know who the people are, and can scrutinise what they say and force them to own up and apologise if they're lying.

And the people who are saying the stuff risk unnecessary damage to their reputation if they indeed are lying. So people are willing to put a little more stock into this. (That's what I think, anyway.)

:231:

Last edited:

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
It's so ambiguous that he can basically claim any potential character announcement (barring the ones he discarded) was the one he was talking about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom