• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I may be the only one that thinks this way, but if anything all that's going on his wishful pushing for the indie dev's characters, and really that's all. They are doing so in a cheeky manner, but from what I'm seeing so far, it may just be them hoping for the best, and they may know he will make it or not. If he's in, they should know about it, but they still are hoping for the best is my viewpoint on things, although I may just be being thoughtful for their sake.
Well what they can do is pull a "Professor Laytons VA" and redact their statement to not make people so hyped.

Because if he isn't in the game, imagine the rage

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Yacht Club Games ought to be ready to dig their reputation grave(GET IT HAHAHA) if this teasing doesn't mean something.

They're like Scott Cawthon if he was a company right now. Massive teasing snitches.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The Ballot and Smash rumors, true or not, is essentially free publicity for them. They want the amiibo to sell well, they definitely should be talking about Smash right now so they can get as many people talking about them as possible.
Eh, they're the only third party with an amiibo. The hottest Nintendo commodity right now.

They don't need that press. Not with DLC, physical copies coming, and the amiibo.

I think that talking about Smash is sort of secondary at this point as they're doing a lot of things a indie company would only dream of.

D

Deleted member

They're like Scott Cawthon if he was a company right now.
So......Shovel Knight is going to be released as DLC before the Ballot ends? :troll:

With the amiibo, the success of SK on Nintendo platforms, the way that Yacht Club games has started discussing the ballot and Smash Brothers in general terms.

It's all...a little odd.
You know what would be icing on the cake?
If Nintendo was the publisher they got for the Japanese release in April.

LucarioDude

Not Gray Fox
>It's almost September 30th
>We're not sure if Super Mario Maker stage is all we're getting or if there will be anything else
>Yacht Club games builds up the Smash DLC hype by teasing the entire fanbase, giving hope to Shovel Knight as a playable DLC character
>Smash Ballot ends in less than a week

What does this spell?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This thread is getting very out of hand lol. I've gotten 5 notifications in the past 2 minutes, calm down guys, your making me overhyped xD ThatThat shovel knight gif is amazing though!

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Yacht Club Games ought to be ready to dig their reputation grave(GET IT HAHAHA) if this teasing doesn't mean something.

They're like Scott Cawthon if he was a company right now. Massive teasing snitches.
It's all meta.

"Don't you see? It was all a ruse to prove a point. We betrayed you all, giving you false promises. In the end, we dug our own graves, just as we always wanted. This is how the world should be. Sakurai's team didn't put money into our creation. Now we've proven Sakurai and his team are the true Order or No Quarter! Not a quarter spent, so we dig our own graves!"

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Is this where all the cool kids hang out now? I'm posting before my mommy tells me that it's my bedtime.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
>We're not sure if Super Mario Maker stage is all we're getting or if there will be anything else
>Yacht Club games builds up the Smash DLC hype by teasing the entire fanbase, giving hope to Shovel Knight as a playable DLC character

What does this spell?
]
Fixed :awesome:

In other news, this Japanese Super Mario Maker player cried tears of joy after beating a super difficult level:

Khoru

Smash Champion

What does this spell?
loadsamoney?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can you imagine if Yacht Club Games just made a tweet like..

''Now back to Sakurai...@Sora_Sakurai"

The chaos.

The destruction.

The hype wars.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Can you imagine if Yacht Club Games just made a tweet like..

''Now back to Sakurai...@Sora_Sakurai"

The chaos.

The destruction.

The hype wars.
You forgot Crashboards, which would force us into chat rooms and Skype.

Especially if SK were shown soon after.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
At this point, now I want nothing to happen just screw it. Let the world burn.

Chaos reigns free

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Buffs/Nerfs? Might as well make another personal list for this update (please let it include balance changes).

Major Buff: :4dedede::4samus::4zelda::4mewtwo:

Minor Buff: :4bowser::4drmario::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff:

Slight Buff: :4dk::4link::4megaman::4palutena::4robinf::4shulk::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4duckhunt:

No Change: :4charizard::4diddy::4fox::4greninja::4myfriends::4kirby::4littlemac::4lucario::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4olimar::4peach::4pit::rosalina::4sonic::4tlink::4wiifit::4yoshi::4pacman::4falcon::4lucina::4metaknight::4falco::4gaw::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4rob::4wario2::4lucas::4feroy::4ryu:

Slight Nerf: :4pikachu::4sheik::4villager::4zss::4ness:

Minor Nerf:

Major Nerf: :starman:(Luma)

I think there's a lot more sleeper characters than last patch.

The Major Buffs need any help they can get. Mega Man needs something beyond almost non-existent Leaf Shield buffs. Robin got a lot of love, but I think could use a little bit more, not much, but more. Palutena/DK need something to make them exist in the standard environment, but not much IMO because customs can be a thing. Miis/Remaining DLCs I think are fine for now (though that major Swordfighter buff may need fixing)

Top Tiers are pretty self explanatory. By no means do they need to be run into the ground, mostly just less reward (especially Defensive Villager). Luma I still don't think needed that health buff a few patches ago. Please no more Ike buffs, let his metagame develop and give others more focus (silly Japanese Tier Lists).

Dark Pit, last I checked is still slightly worse than regular Pit, that and I would like to see further differences between the two. My opinions aside, I'd LMAO if we ended up splitting the newly unified board again sometime down the road.

People may not like Balance Updates, but overall I think they've been overwhelmingly positive, and I while I would like to see the meta game advance/see more sleeper characters start to gain some recognition, I'd rather have more in the short term than a few in the long term.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This is somehow worse than the period with no announcements between Wave 3 and SMM's announcement.

D

Deleted member

I can only imagine the salt and shenanigans that will happen tomorrow.

Gotta sleep, see you next day. And tell me all the stuff that happened last night when i return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What if we got it all wrong?

What if the reveal is after SMM?

But in all seriousness, do you think it's possible to get a reveal literally right before the DLC hits?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Just caught up a bit and see that fake Sega stage

eughhhhh, I have nothing against her, but Miku should stay far away from Smash.

well made fake though from little what i saw (only took a quick glance to be fair)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Okay Yacht Club, you're not funny anymore

They're about as subtle as when you put Villager's Tree, Ridley and WayForward's Shantae "Push" into a loud blender with the lid off

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

But in all seriousness, do you think it's possible to get a reveal literally right before the DLC hits?
The time probably passed at this point but I expect mostly Mii Fighter costumes but NOW. It's probably just SMM stage and THAT'S IT

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

There's nothing stopping Sakurai from doing it, really. It just seems pretty unlikely.

Although for our sake I hope he doesn't. Because R.I.P eShop.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Fixed :awesome:

In other news, this Japanese Super Mario Maker player cried tears of joy after beating a super difficult level:
I mean, who wouldn't? That **** requires perfect timing
Besides, **** these types of level
They're just as cheap as Awakening's Lunatic Mode

Chrono.

It's not like it's the last week of the ballot or anyth-wait.
It's the vagueness of it all.

If anything I would've rather had an organized laid out DLC plan like MK8 did.

They told us what we were getting in each pack from the start, while revealing the actual content at a later date.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It's the vagueness of it all.

If anything I would've rather had an organized laid out DLC plan like MK8 did.

They told us what we were getting in each pack from the start, while revealing the actual content at a later date.
But that's half the fun of the ride.

You don't know what to expect :awesome:

They're about as subtle as when you put Villager's Tree, Ridley and WayForward's Shantae "Push" into a loud blender with the lid off
Yo.

That was a sick analogy tho.

10/10, 100/100.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I mean, who wouldn't? That **** requires perfect timing
Besides, **** these types of level
They're just as cheap as Awakening's Lunatic Mode
If you thought Lunatic was cheap, just wait until you reach Lunatic+. :)

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yacht Club needs to shut their ***** mouth, like, now

Someone really needs to tell them to shut up
Eh, they're not as bad as Wayforward. Hell, they might not be teasing anything. I know that the guys at Yacht Club are huge Nintendo fans and they mentioned that they basically play Smash everyday.

...although they are definitely aware of the rumors. I dunno, they're probably just having a bit of fun.

D

Deleted member

If you thought Lunatic was cheap, just wait until you reach Lunatic+. :)
That implies I'll ever beat Lunatic in the first place
Eh, they're not as bad as Wayforward. Hell, they might not be teasing anything. I know that the guys at Yacht Club are huge Nintendo fans and they mentioned that they basically play Smash everyday.

...although they are definitely aware of the rumors. I dunno, they're probably just having a bit of fun.
They're trying to not be direct about it to keep it ambiguous
If he's in, it was indirect teasing
If he's not, it was just a coincidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom