• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
...although they are definitely aware of the rumors. I dunno, they're probably just having a bit of fun.
>Shovel Knight Amiibo Leak going around
>Shovel Knight Amiibo image leaked early
>Nindies at Night event pops up
>Butt Butt people walk up
"So! Anyone here hear any good Rumors lately?"
By now they're just ****ing with us :4pacman:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Alright guys, remember that competition I asked you about? It begins officially on October 31st! 1st prize is $20 Eshop card, 2nd prize is $10 Eshop card (free entry, so no risk to you).

For this Halloween challenge, submit your best Spooky themed Mario maker stage by October 31st to be eligible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AM52XUpu1k

If you don't wanna watch video (I cri evertime) then just go to the rules page: http://slickwylde.com/spooky_comp.html

I will also be adding a poll to my site soon so people can vote on the stages, and I'll show off a few each week :) Can't wait!!

Edit: This is the second time I've meant to post something in the other social... I apologize, I realize this is not related to the conversation.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
There have been a lot of leaks lately, you guys should call the Mario Brothers. They specialize in this type of stuff.
"When your sink is in trouble, you can call us on the double! Hangin' with the plumbers, you'll be hooked on the brothers."
:mariomelee::luigimelee:

...Just make sure you guys have an actual leak first, they don't seem very fond of false leaks.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There have been a lot of leaks lately, you guys should call the Mario Brothers. They specialize in this type of stuff.
"When your sink is in trouble, you can call us on the double! Hangin' with the plumbers, you'll be hooked on the brothers."

...Just make sure you guys have an actual leak first, they don't seem very fond of false leaks.
This is the best thing to see before I go to bed

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's another funny tidbit.

The concept art for Butt Butt's Amiibo depicted him being used on the Smash Amiibo base.
Funny, ain't it? :025:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I know that reference. And I hate you so much for bringing that up.

I hope Cars 3 is good so you can suffer

D

Deleted member

Alright guys, remember that competition I asked you about? It begins officially on October 31st! 1st prize is $20 Eshop card, 2nd prize is $10 Eshop card (free entry, so no risk to you).

For this Halloween challenge, submit your best Spooky themed Mario maker stage by October 31st to be eligible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AM52XUpu1k

If you don't wanna watch video (I cri evertime) then just go to the rules page: http://slickwylde.com/spooky_comp.html

I will also be adding a poll to my site soon so people can vote on the stages, and I'll show off a few each week :) Can't wait!!
I just saw the video actually
I'll make sure to do one when I get the chance
Hint: it'll probably involve the SMW theme, P-Switches and traps(no, not THOSE traps)

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I just saw the video actually
I'll make sure to do one when I get the chance
Hint: it'll probably involve the SMW theme, P-Switches and traps(no, not THOSE traps)
If it's not a trap, it's not worth my time! ;)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

I still can't believe they got a professional Wrestler to do this
DiC, how much money did you pay that man to do that
Better have been atleast 4,000 an episode

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
What is a "buttbutt"? :054:
If you enter WSWWAEAW as your profile name in SK, the words "Shovel" and "Knight" are changed to "butt" in all the dialogue.

So the protagonist of the story becomes Butt Butt. His weapon is a butt.

edit: messed up the code. fixed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I take it I'm a little late to the party?
You're never late to the leaks party
Grab a leak and bust it
And welcome to our beautiful thread of chest discussions, Butt Butt arguments, unnecessary drama and most importantly traps leaks!
What is a "buttbutt"? :054:
He's that butt that uses a butt as a weapon
It's in his name for God's sake!

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
You know if SK isn't in Smash at this point. Yacht Club Games will look like a bunch of **** heads.
And if SK is in Smash they will still look like a bunch of **** heads since they shoved this babys first retro character down our throats so much. They made one game and they are acting like they are super stars and instantly selling SK out to every possible medium possible. Its a bad time to be a lifelong nintendo fan

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And if SK is in Smash they will still look like a bunch of **** heads since they shoved this babys first retro character down our throats so much. They made one game and they are acting like they are super stars and instantly selling SK out to every possible medium possible. Its a bad time to be a lifelong nintendo fan
Sure, Jan.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I'm a lifelong Nintendo fan. I love Shovel Knight.

I don't think he's in but seriously, don't speak for everyone. There's no need to get so angry over something that hasn't happened yet.

D

Deleted member

It's funny because you're the guy with a Shulk avi
"Shulk foresees some salt!"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
You see when one gay man loves another gay man....

I really had to post this. I'm so sorry
I'm not sorry.

Damn Salty much.

I don't even believe SK will be in the game or neither do I want him in but I never believed that. Besides, good games should get some knowledge and publicity

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
That's a little over dramatic, the game got mass amounts of praise and it's extremely popular for an indie game, especially from a newer developer, they're not "selling out", they're giving people what they want while building a professional relationship with one of the biggest companies in the industry.

Yes, the Twitter stuff is a bit too far, but that shouldn't make anyone think any less of the actual game.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
You should chill out.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Shovel Knight is a great video game character.

He's an original concept, has put in a **** ton of appearances.

And his game is?

GASP.

Good.

Seriously. Whether he's in or not?

You don't need all that salt in your diet.

Protect your arteries and save the salt for something that actually really sucks.

Last edited:

Soul.

If SK is in, I'll be glad. Only because people get another character to play.
I still expect a storm full of arguments but whatever

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People act like if Shovel Knight is in standards are so much lower.

Like suddenly if this character that has been proven to be doing extremely well for Nintendo and Yacht Club games will suddenly let in the Shreks and troll characters.

No one should be reacting like that, because it's illogical and just not using your brain.

And you definitely shouldn't be bad mouthing a character when you have a character that was the only newcomer who got a description that said he was lucky to be here in his picture of the day for his reveal.

D

Deleted member

And you definitely shouldn't be bad mouthing a character when you have a character that was the only newcomer who got a description that said he was lucky to be here in his picture of the day for his reveal.
That's taking it too far.

And that isn't what was said.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Censor Dodging (Image) Warning
That's a little over dramatic, the game got mass amounts of praise and it's extremely popular for an indie game, especially from a newer developer, they're not "selling out", they're giving people what they want while building a professional relationship with one of the biggest companies in the industry.

Yes, the Twitter stuff is a bit too far, but that shouldn't make anyone think any less of the actual game.
How many guest appearances has Shovel Knight been in so far? Over 10 so far, and its been a year. Thats major selling out.
It's funny because you're the guy with a Shulk avi
"Shulk foresees some salt!"
First party, released in all regions =/= Indie third party title that hasn't reached the Japan. Even Shantae is more popular than he is at the moment.
1443288334964.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Polan

Smash Lord

Seriously chill it with the Shovel Knight hate. If he's in, he's in and no amount of butthurt fueled rants will stop or prevent it.

EDIT: lmao using 4chan posts to argue

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How many guest appearances has Shovel Knight been in so far? Over 10 so far, and its been a year. Thats major selling out.
>Implying each and every single one of them was Yacht Club's idea and having nothing to do with the other games' developers wanting to have Shovel Knight appear.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
That's taking it too far.

And that isn't what was said.
I do realize it's taking it a little far, but Sakurai literally admitted Shulk typically wouldn't get into Smash Brothers.

Saying ''OH NO THIS ONE GAME ONE YEAR CHARACTER!" for Shovel Knight when rocking a Shulk avatar is hypocritical when Shulk is in one game probably won't be in any sequels to said game, and is pretty much the equal of a Final Fantasy lead who only returns for legacy games and spin-offs.

It's just odd that the most vocally against Shovel Knight in the thread is a guy rocking a Shulk avatar.

D

Deleted member

I do realize it's taking it a little far, but Sakurai literally admitted Shulk typically wouldn't get into Smash Brothers.
Context is more along the lines of his playstyle than him in general.
"He's not the type of character that would usually appear in the Smash Bros. series, but we worked really hard to make it happen. We're very happy with how he turned out."

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

First party, released in all regions =/= Indie third party title that hasn't reached the west. Even Shantae is more popular than he is at the moment.

View attachment 75644
In terms of Smash discussion, Shantae is pretty popular but in terms of actual sales the Shantae series is likely being outsold (or close to) by Shovel Knight. Not that it really matters because if it were Shantae instead you'd probably be using the same arguments against her inclusion.

Also the image you're quoting is basically saying Shovel Knight isn't in when you seem to fully believe it.

Shovel Knight has made a lot of guest appearances but it is mostly to help promote other indie games- not the other way around. I wouldn't call it selling out just because it's successful.

You know you should save your anger and whatnot for if/when it actually happens, if you really want to be salty. Currently there's Tamaki's rumor, some other indicators and what may or may not be Yacht Club teasing. That's hardly enough to get upset over, even if there's some weight to it.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
>Implying each and every single one of them was Yacht Club's idea and having nothing to do with the other games' developers wanting to have Shovel Knight appear.
YCG still had to agree to put in all those games. The other devs can't just use them for free. YCG has taken every offer they could get. Clearly selling out. If this ballot were launched any other year, there'd be a different character in his place, like Yooka Laylee, or the Bloodstained star. Theres always going to be a new and hip indie rep that is flavor of the month.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Oh man, Shovel Knight's successful for an indie title and the small group of people who made him and take extremely modest salaries are smart enough to try and promote him and collaborate with other people. What SELLOUTS.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I don't think you know what "selling out" really means, you might have an argument if they were slapping Shovel Knight on tooth paste or something, but a bunch of appearances in other games is just YCG promoting their character because they know their fans want to see him, it helps sell those games and their own, and here's the big one, it doesn't hurt anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom