• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sorry Takamaru fans.

However, now you guys have an assist trophy AND a western release. It's all about baby steps.

This does kinda throw the whole "retro rep" thing into disarray though, I can't think of anyone it would be besides Takamaru. (who's still standing)

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Sorry Takamaru fans.

However, now you guys have an assist trophy AND a western release. It's all about baby steps.

This does kinda throw the whole "retro rep" thing into disarray though, I can't think of anyone it would be besides Takamaru. (who's still standing)
I still think Little Mac takes the retro spot.
But if that is not the case, I go for Mach Rider.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Sorry guys. I guess Takamaru would have been cool, being a samurai and all.

On a brighter note, TakamaruXLyn confirmed!:troll:

But seriously, do you guys think Takamaru might get a Kid Icarus-style reboot?

Oh, by the way, I'm planning on getting his game on the VC today. Any tips?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry Takamaru fans, but personally, I anticipated this outcome. Still, its better than nothing. I can only hope my retro rep (Lip) gets at least the same treatment.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Sorry for your loss, I was litteraly JUST starting to support Takamaru yesterday, then I slept and saw the PoTD, at least he might pull a Little Mac in smash 5 in 6-7 years, so there is that.
Same for me, and I sort of expected him to be an AT considering how small his arsenal was, but this was still surprising.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Same for me, and I sort of expected him to be an AT considering how small his arsenal was, but this was still surprising.
I'll admit, I was shocked coming on this morning and seeing Takamaru. I did not expect that at all today. Him being an AT didn't surprise me, though.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess I'll get the 3DS VC game just to show Nintendo my support for the Murasame Castle franchise. I should probably get Castlevania too even though I already have all the Castlevania games from Wii VC... I want both Simon Belmont and Takamaru to be playable in SSB5. Hey, this way I will have all five of the 1986 NES games on the 3DS.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Man you all had convinced me that there was some hope for the character when I originally thought there was none, so kudos for that, I've had a lot of that happen while on Smash Boards and I love it since it makes new character reveals fountains of potential. That said being an assist trophy is still pretty great, and it's always nice to see them pop up in matches even when they are great characters that could be playable, so baby steps I suppose towards that playability.

Also man this is the biggest jump in a thread in terms of pages I've seen outside of Ridley's thread, and that honestly makes me scared of what happens one way or another with the big old purple guy...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
At least, there's Greninja, who's also themed after feudal Japan. Of course, ninjas are different from samurais and Takamaru would have been great since he gives a more Japanese impression than Greninja, given he's human and wears traditional Japanese clothing.

Well, what we can hope now is for him to be featured in the next game as a playable character.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'm terrible sorry, Takamaru supporters. I know the feeling all too well. The bright side is that, by being an assist trophy, it will raise awareness of Takamaru, which might improve his chances for next time, as it did for Little Mac. I know it's not much, but it's far better than not being in the game at all.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
But.. but He was... supposed to be the Retro Rep
Takamaru VS Little Mac.... East VS West...
I'm sad now..

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm terrible sorry, Takamaru supporters. I know the feeling all too well. The bright side is that, by being an assist trophy, it will raise awareness of Takamaru, which might improve his chances for next time, as it did for Little Mac. I know it's not much, but it's far better than not being in the game at all.
Hence why I want Lip to get the same treatment. Here's hoping!

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
RIP Takamaru
I have hopes he becomes promoted in SSB5. At least Nintendo shows they remember him enough...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*opens Miiverse*

God damnit! So close! This is now the third character on my wishlist who has been made into an assist trophy. At least he's finally no longer a Japanese exclusive and all this attention could serve as a lay up for a revival or eventual Smash debut ala Little Mac.

TylerBlackRunIt

I'm from YouTube
3DS FC
2509-3601-8302
Here is some reasons why Takamaru Is all but confirmed to be playable
The Pipe Burst leak said we would get a ND in about 14 days she said this on the 15th of July she said there was a trailer with Takamaru Shulk Ganondorf And Meta Knight so you ask where am I going with this? well its simple :
If 14 days is correct that would be 1 day before his Game releases on Wii U VC this happened with Robin and Lucina as well

In the Nintendo Challenge live They showed
Hyrule Warriors
Ganondorf
Kirby's adventure
Meta Knight
The Mystery of the Murasame Castle
Takamaru
while no mention of Shulk its highly likely he will be in

Xenoblade has a anniversary in a close time frame to when this ND could happen

Sakurai states he always tries to revive one Retro character per game so this helps in Taki's Favour

He appeared as playable in Samurai Warriors 3 So there's Move set potential there

Revived in Nintendo Land

So I think he's in you can disagree if you want to I think he's highly likely at this point Here's how I think the trailer might take inspiration from

Dat Remix Though O_o
That awkward moment when somebody post your video in the thread.... -,-

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Since in this installment all Assist capable of movement and attacking (at least from what I've seen) can be flinched, I hope they make Takamaru do this if hit enough:

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Sorry for the loss guys. Heres to him pulling a little mac for the next smash, and getting his own new game in the future.

KatKit

Smash Lord
It's bittersweet. He's in the game, but he isn't playable. I appreciate the acknowledgement, but down goes another unique and prominent Nintendo character with great moveset potential. Next time... for sure. This is all apart of his comeback I suppose. I'm glad more people know about him now, and will support him in the future.

Anyways, Ayumi (Famicom Detective) Lip, and Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) are the other retro reps I'm supporting.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
Well guys, gotta hope for ssb5.

i know this is a bit harsh, but Takamaru is standing alone, representing his own series, so being an AT gives him some coverage (that he didn't have before) and hope to make the jump like MAc is.

As a chrom supporter, i cna say it could be worse, and unlike IKe, you have my sympathy.

HugoBoss

Smash Journeyman
Another newcomer bits the dust. This reveal came out of nowhere, and unfortuantely it means another newcomer on my wish list was denied.
I think the best thing to come out of this is that we can finally play the Great Samurai's game, and he has greater chances in Smash 5...which would be may yeas later.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I have no idea who Takamaru is but this thread has my condolences.

Takumaru now rests on the monument to the sins of the leaks alongside Chrom. His sacrifice was not in vain.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
My condolences to you guys. I never really supported Takamaru, and often times wondered why he was so requested. Just as I started to understand the Takatrain, he was confirmed an assist. Of course.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Truly a shame.

Best we can hope for now at this point is for someone to make another Mysterious Murasame Castle game before Smash 5 rolls out, like what happened with Little Mac and Punch-Out!!.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
But.. but He was... supposed to be the Retro Rep
Takamaru VS Little Mac.... East VS West...
I'm sad now..
There... there... we can still have our East vs. West in SSB5 with Takamaru and Simon Belmont... both debuted in 1986.

As for the retro rep of SSB4... maybe we could still have Duck Hunt Dog?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys (and some gals I assume), it's been a long road but this was far from the worst conclusion to it. In Brawl, he was merely a sticker and since then he's come a long, long way. Tons of cameos with most of them being playable ones, a major shout out in a launch title, interest expressed by several directors to revive the series, and, best of all, his debut game is no longer a Japanese exclusive. He's now an assist trophy but, all in all, that's a huge jump from being one of 700 stickers to being one of 50 ATs. Keep in mind that Pit and Charizard made the jump to playable from Melee and Little Mac made the jump from Brawl so I seriously doubt this is the last we'll see of Takamaru. It may be another 6-7 years but, in the meantime, get good at speed running the Mysterious Mursame Castle. If Pit and Little Mac can come back after decades of being absent from gaming, so can Takamaru. Try not to be too discouraged because better things for the character are likely coming in the future.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Guys (and some gals I assume), it's been a long road but this was far from the worst conclusion to it. In Brawl, he was merely a sticker and since then he's come a long, long way. Tons of cameos with most of them being playable ones, a major shout out in a launch title, interest expressed by several directors to revive the series, and, best of all, his debut game is no longer a Japanese exclusive. He's now an assist trophy but, all in all, that's a huge jump from being one of 700 stickers to being one of 50 ATs. Keep in mind that Pit and Charizard made the jump to playable from Melee and Little Mac made the jump from Brawl so I seriously doubt this is the last we'll see of Takamaru. It may be another 6-7 years but, in the meantime, get good at speed running the Mysterious Mursame Castle. If Pit and Little Mac can come back after decades of being absent from gaming, so can Takamaru. Try not to be too discouraged because better things for the character are likely coming in the future.
I definitely think that Takamaru will be of Lil Mac status in the next game.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I'm So Sorry, Guys. I wanted Takamaru too, and for a while, I thought he was a Shoe-in. but look on the bright side: Takamaru is being kept relevant by all his latest appearences, and Smash is gonna help him remain relevant. who knows? Maybe someday, this could give Takamaru the chance to star in his own game once again..... or, at the very least, it helps his chances of getting into Smash 5

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Dear Takamaru Support Thread,

Well, first off, let me just say that I never really saw Takamaru getting in anyway. I always thought that there were simply too many characters that deserved to be in more than him (K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc).

I just didn't really feel that he could bring anything new to the table. Greninja and Mii Swordfighter already have a lot of Samurai elements in their movesets, and adding Takamaru on top of that would just seem a bit boring in my eyes.

And personally, I don't really think this Smash game needs a retro character. There are too many more recent characters they need to focus on now. There's not really any one big left to revive, and after all the really popular charcters (like above, K. Rool, Mewtwo, Ridley, etc.) get in, there won't be much space on the roster.

But if Sakurai can get in all the big ones, and still manage to squeeze in a worthy retro character, I'm game.

And to all you Takamaru supporters,
:4myfriends:"You get no sympathy from me."

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Im very sorry for your lost guys

May takamaru

But don't worry atleast this shows he will have a even more decent shot at smash 5 because little mac got upgraded to playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom