• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo's First Samurai: Takamaru for SSB4 (Final Request: Ask the US HW devs to add Takamaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
heh nope I promise! He's very open on Twitter. He wants Nintendo to demand him to make a Star Fox at gunpoint (which is why he said except Star Fox) so it's interesting that he mentioned Takamaru's game.
Thank you. And to think that Platinum Games being on Nintendo's side was good enough. :)

Anyways, I shall explain several of the attacks he has in Samurai Warrior 3's Murasame Mode now that I made it to Momosame Castle. His Special Skill is the Invisibility Cloak, which makes himself hidden and can have stronger attacks, just like the item in Nazo no Muresame-jo. He also has the ability to deflect thunder balls/fire balls by splitting theme into 4 smaller projectiles shot by him. This may be a reference to the Inazuma Thunder Bomb, or the Fireball Technique in the fire projectiles case. He had some slow slashes, but fast strikes as his Power Attack. His A, A, A, V Combo allows him to shoot a sword beam like the Wind Blade Item. Now for the Musou Attack, He does a few powerful strikes and shoots a flaming disk from his blade. That could be based on a mixture of the Fireball Technique and the Wind Blade Item. This is all the techniques he has in the game.

Though, there could be some issues over whether the Inazuma Thunder from the original or his Musou Attack from this game should be the Final Smash. I'd say the Bomb would be the best option since it actually originated from his original game and it's even more useful than that cliche Musou Attack. So, what do you guys think?

rockmanz

Smash Rookie
TAKMARU FANS!! Please read!!

Hey all, my friend and I are very huge fans of traditional Japanese culture as well as modern and we are trying to push very hard for the inclusion of Takamaru in the upcoming Smash Bros. game. We both have played through the game he appeared in (Nazo no Murasame Jo) and are very interested in the potential he could bring to the Smash roster as a Japanese style swords man. My friend is actually about to move to Japan (I believe next Saturday) and the plan is to take Sakurai to lunch (lunch is on my friend I believe) and discuss Takamru as a character as well as get his opinion on the character and whatnot.

Back to focus my friend is basically moving for business purposes and to go to school there. He has actually been very successful so far. The last time he went he was in the newspaper and had an interview after meeting with the Mayor of Suwa. He also arranged for a band to come in play at the yearly Japanese festival that occurs in out city in the US. They production company he met with was very interested with him and impressed by his Japanese skills.

Anyways, what I need from Takamaru fans on the boards is to post and give maybe some information on why you would like to see Takamaru and what kind of impression the character and his game gave you (if you have played it). We are planning on showing that there is a western voice for this character. People who want a diverse roster of characters and like to see older characters given new life, similar to the treatment Pit receive.

I'm planning on coming up with a little art booklet and have it professionally printed out as a nice opening or maybe take away gift for Sakurai that has personally drawn art of Takamru with some attack ideas and what not. I'm going to be working on this probably within the next day or so to get it done by mid next weekish, so inform other friends and what not if any of you can.

Other characters will not be discussed, this is specifically for Takamaru ONLY. So please keep this topic focused on just that.

I think that's pretty much it on my end. If anyone has any other input that seems beneficial please include in in your comments.

If anyone is comfortable you can email me with even more details of your thoughts and maybe a first name at howe.alec@yahoo.com I'll have to condense it though since the booklet I'm making probably will be maybe 6 inches high and 3 inches wide dimensionally--- so keep it on the short end.

Well... Thanks in advance for your support everyone! I hope this goes over well!

D

Deleted member

If anything, I want him to have a finess fighting style.
For example, I would like to see him keep his sword sheathed when he's not using it, and not rely on the sword for a bit of his normal moves.

For Specials, I'd like to see a shuriken tossing move that can be charged not unlike characters can in the Naruto Clash of Ninja games, where he can charge to throw a bunch at the same time, or charge further to throw FLAMING shuriken.
Just rapidly tapping the button would just be rapidly throwing a single shuriken for every time the button is pressed, like Fox's Blaster.

I would also like to see him turn invisible for a Special, but unlike regular Invisibility from Smash, he is completely invisible (no flashes or blurbs, so to speak) except for his sword when he uses it, and he still casts shadows and reflections. He also would get a slight strength bonus while invisible, similar to Samurai Warriors 3. Once he's hit while invisible, he's visible again.

Anything else really, is icing on the cake, as long as things like the lightning bombs (or whatever they are) are featured.

I was planning on making a moveset for him, and I can give it to you once I am finished, if you would like.

As for why I want Takamaru, it may be a foolish reason, but I happen to just like the fact he's a samurai and has great potential with his capabilities.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
For example, I would like to see him keep his sword sheathed when he's not using it, and not rely on the sword for a bit of his normal moves.

For Specials, I'd like to see a shuriken tossing move that can be charged not unlike characters can in the Naruto Clash of Ninja games, where he can charge to throw a bunch at the same time, or charge further to throw FLAMING shuriken.
Just rapidly tapping the button would just be rapidly throwing a single shuriken for every time the button is pressed, like Fox's Blaster.

I would also like to see him turn invisible for a Special, but unlike regular Invisibility from Smash, he is completely invisible (no flashes or blurbs, so to speak) except for his sword when he uses it, and he still casts shadows and reflections. He also would get a slight strength bonus while invisible, similar to Samurai Warriors 3. Once he's hit while invisible, he's visible again.

Anything else really, is icing on the cake, as long as things like the lightning bombs (or whatever they are) are featured.

I was planning on making a moveset for him, and I can give it to you once I am finished, if you would like.

As for why I want Takamaru, it may be a foolish reason, but I happen to just like the fact he's a samurai and has great potential with his capabilities.
Pretty much this.

@Rockmanz Great job! Tell us the results when your friend returns from this fantastic mission. ^_^

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am curious as to how your friend will get Sakurai to have lunch with him. I imagine Sakurai is a very busy guy. Especially with the development with Smash 4. As well, Sakurai has a fairly big team of professionals - most likely some who take in input from fans and then give it to Sakurai. I am not trying to knock on you and your friends idea. I think it's great but, in all honesty, I wouldn't count on Sakurai meeting for lunch. It sounds fairly unrealistic to me. If meeting with Sakurai for lunch was that easy, then all of his lunches would be booked until next year. There are plenty of people, who can speak conversational level Japanese, who want to talk with the man.

Being that, Takamaru has a pretty good chance of being included given his recent surge in popularity and the frontrunner of the possible retro newcomers. I don't think you have to worry too much about him being passed on.

I think Takamaru should be all about speed - the anti-thesis of Link. While Link is bogged down with gear, Takamaru is quick and agile. I guess you could compare him to Marth but I would say even his sword strikes are quicker. I would also suggest that Takamaru constantly keeps his katana sheathed. This would add to the very quick sword strikes.

Some B special ideas could be:

Neutral B - Shuriken Throw
Side B - Sonic Cut (a chargeable move within his sheathe that, when at full power, unleashed, delivers a sword cut that travels across the stage
Up B - Either a Smoke Vanish attack like Shiek, Teleportation, or a sword attack that launches him in the air
Down B - Bury himself in the ground and then attack, throw a smoke bomb, a counter, or a talisman/shikigami/ward type attack that buffers attacks or blocks movement

His Final Smash could summon other samurai warriors, turn himself invisible, or create doppelgangers.

Those were just some ideas I thought of. Good luck to you and your friend and please let us know how it goes!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah, much better.

I'm at Murasame's Castle in Murasame Mode after defeating the other 4 daimyo (lords). He's currently level 37 and has a variety of new moves, even one where he does a windy multistab and a zig zag slash maneuver. These could be other attacks he could do in SSB4.

rockmanz

Smash Rookie
I am curious as to how your friend will get Sakurai to have lunch with him. I imagine Sakurai is a very busy guy. Especially with the development with Smash 4. As well, Sakurai has a fairly big team of professionals - most likely some who take in input from fans and then give it to Sakurai. I am not trying to knock on you and your friends idea. I think it's great but, in all honesty, I wouldn't count on Sakurai meeting for lunch. It sounds fairly unrealistic to me. If meeting with Sakurai for lunch was that easy, then all of his lunches would be booked until next year. There are plenty of people, who can speak conversational level Japanese, who want to talk with the man.

Being that, Takamaru has a pretty good chance of being included given his recent surge in popularity and the frontrunner of the possible retro newcomers. I don't think you have to worry too much about him being passed on.

I think Takamaru should be all about speed - the anti-thesis of Link. While Link is bogged down with gear, Takamaru is quick and agile. I guess you could compare him to Marth but I would say even his sword strikes are quicker. I would also suggest that Takamaru constantly keeps his katana sheathed. This would add to the very quick sword strikes.

Some B special ideas could be:

Neutral B - Shuriken Throw
Side B - Sonic Cut (a chargeable move within his sheathe that, when at full power, unleashed, delivers a sword cut that travels across the stage
Up B - Either a Smoke Vanish attack like Shiek, Teleportation, or a sword attack that launches him in the air
Down B - Bury himself in the ground and then attack, throw a smoke bomb, a counter, or a talisman/shikigami/ward type attack that buffers attacks or blocks movement

His Final Smash could summon other samurai warriors, turn himself invisible, or create doppelgangers.

Those were just some ideas I thought of. Good luck to you and your friend and please let us know how it goes!
You'd be surprised about my friend. I'd think meeting the lead of a band that has fangirls and getting the production company interested in preforming in the US is probably more difficult than meeting with a game producer just to express the opinion of a character in a game. Anyways thanks for the support. I'm already starting the indeisgn document up to create the guide book.

Also a lot of people who are probably interested in talking to Sakurai probably don't do so in a professional manner or actually plans anything out. My friend LITERALLY plans this stuff out before he tackles it, so he doesn't just go running around like a crazed fan. From what my friend told me, business wise things are a bit different with how they are run in Japan. In the west if you aren't a somebody or have NO connections you are treated like a joke no matter what you do. In Japan it seems if you take initiative in a professional manner that's basically the "foot in the door" my friend walks around in suits and really fancy hats and stuff while he does business in Japan.

Celebs over there are also more open and less self absorbed from what I understand. I'm sure this won't be IMPOSSIBLE, difficult it very well may be, we'll have to see.

Yes go ahead and send me that move set up.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You'd be surprised about my friend. I'd think meeting the lead of a band that has fangirls and getting the production company interested in preforming in the US is probably more difficult than meeting with a game producer just to express the opinion of a character in a game. Anyways thanks for the support. I'm already starting the indeisgn document up to create the guide book.
What is the band called? Not that I am doubting you or your friend but it is easy to hype the popularity of a band without much back up.

Also a lot of people who are probably interested in talking to Sakurai probably don't do so in a professional manner or actually plans anything out. My friend LITERALLY plans this stuff out before he tackles it, so he doesn't just go running around like a crazed fan. From what my friend told me, business wise things are a bit different with how they are run in Japan. In the west if you aren't a somebody or have NO connections you are treated like a joke no matter what you do. In Japan it seems if you take initiative in a professional manner that's basically the "foot in the door" my friend walks around in suits and really fancy hats and stuff while he does business in Japan.
Actually, it is similar here in Japan. While if you look the part, you are taken seriously; it is very important to have connections that can vouch for you. It is also important for the person who have a good reputation within the community and the field of work that he or she wants to enter into. This is done by lower entry jobs and duties.

Additionally, since your friend is obviously a foreigner in Japan, his proficiency in the Japanese language, culture, and business etiquette will be heavily scrutinized;e especially if he wants to get some time with sakurai. Sounds like he has knowledge in Japanese and the business aspect of it. However, and this is just my opinion, walking around in fancy suits and hats won't necessary get you a lunch with Sakurai. I imagine placing yourself in the right place in the right time is what is important. Your friend will have to differentiate himself from the other people that requests to talk to Sakurai. I imagine your friend will have to go through his office to set up an appointment since I doubt Sakurai will respond to "Hey, lets go have lunch in Shibuya next week!" on his twitter account. That leaves your friend up to the mercy of Sakurai and if the guy feels this is important enough. Anyways, it does sound like your friend has a plan and I hope it goes well! Maybe this will encourage Sakurai to reach out to the Western community and start up discussions with them. The book idea sounds awesome, too! You should see if they have calligraphy font style and try to make the booklet look like ancient kanji scrolls.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
This is more of a personal thing, but I kind of hope that Takamaru is sort of a homage to the character Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X. Like Takamaru being very nice yet awkward but serious and deadly in combat, similar to Kenshin. Maybe it won't show in Super Smash Bros too much due to the game not focusing on characterization, but a hypothetical The Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot.

rockmanz

Smash Rookie
What is the band called? Not that I am doubting you or your friend but it is easy to hype the popularity of a band without much back up.

Actually, it is similar here in Japan. While if you look the part, you are taken seriously; it is very important to have connections that can vouch for you. It is also important for the person who have a good reputation within the community and the field of work that he or she wants to enter into. This is done by lower entry jobs and duties.

Additionally, since your friend is obviously a foreigner in Japan, his proficiency in the Japanese language, culture, and business etiquette will be heavily scrutinized;e especially if he wants to get some time with sakurai. Sounds like he has knowledge in Japanese and the business aspect of it. However, and this is just my opinion, walking around in fancy suits and hats won't necessary get you a lunch with Sakurai. I imagine placing yourself in the right place in the right time is what is important. Your friend will have to differentiate himself from the other people that requests to talk to Sakurai. I imagine your friend will have to go through his office to set up an appointment since I doubt Sakurai will respond to "Hey, lets go have lunch in Shibuya next week!" on his twitter account. That leaves your friend up to the mercy of Sakurai and if the guy feels this is important enough. Anyways, it does sound like your friend has a plan and I hope it goes well! Maybe this will encourage Sakurai to reach out to the Western community and start up discussions with them. The book idea sounds awesome, too! You should see if they have calligraphy font style and try to make the booklet look like ancient kanji scrolls.
The band is WaT I believe, that's how its said, met both band members, got an appointment for burning productions talk to the higher ups. The lead Eiji does interviews with western celebs such as Keifer Sultherland, Rihana and Lady Gaga so he's high up there.

It's interesting that you say that it's similar in Japan because he literally walked into a studio with his suit and they just assumed he had an appointment. He didn't want to be dishonest so he explained the situation to them and what not lol

He also was frequently stopped by natives and asked if he could get his picture taken with them.

They were impressed with my friends Japanese skill. Same with when he talked with the newspapers at Suwa, they were like freaking out during the interview because he was so good at Japanese. He said it was even a bit hard to keep up cause they were talking fast and going nuts asking how he learned Japanese so good and how it was "sugoi" and stuff like that.

I have all the Japanese fonts I need actually :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The band is WaT I believe, that's how its said, met both band members, got an appointment for burning productions talk to the higher ups. The lead Eiji does interviews with western celebs such as Keifer Sultherland, Rihana and Lady Gaga so he's high up there.

It's interesting that you say that it's similar in Japan because he literally walked into a studio with his suit and they just assumed he had an appointment. He didn't want to be dishonest so he explained the situation to them and what not lol

He also was frequently stopped by natives and asked if he could get his picture taken with them.

They were impressed with my friends Japanese skill. Same with when he talked with the newspapers at Suwa, they were like freaking out during the interview because he was so good at Japanese. He said it was even a bit hard to keep up cause they were talking fast and going nuts asking how he learned Japanese so good and how it was "sugoi" and stuff like that.

I have all the Japanese fonts I need actually :)
That is cool. More Japanese bands needs to come to America. Not **** like AKB48.

[COLLAPSE="Really Off topic"]Being foreign obviously attracts attention - especially if you are in a more rural part of Japan. I live in a city of 100,000 but I experience moments like those. Hell, my friend and I were in a kaiten sushi restaurant just last night when three high school girls across the aisle wanted to take pictures with us. Being foreign in Japan comes with people treating you like a celebrity (or a disease).

I was referring to the hiring process/business aspect of some business corporations. I recently enrolled in TEFL courses through the program I teach with. They were only accepting 20 applicants from 1,500. I didn't get in sadly but my friend got in mostly because he knew a guy who was running the application process. It pays to know people and the more connections you make; the bigger your reputation grows . But obviously, looking the part is a huge deal.

Most people will freak out about a foreigner speaking Japanese. Most Japanese people I come across think that foreigner know next to no Japanese. It kind of throws people in for a loop. Suwa, Nagano is pretty rural so I would say the reactions to his foreigness is pretty spot on. Not once did I receive the amount of attention or reaction when I was in Tokyo as I do now. In most case, you may be the first foreigner they talk to or see so pretty exaggerated responses should be expected. Three weeks ago, I was sitting in a bar; drinking by myself. I had a day off the next day and so I felt like a drink. I got into talking to this guy about video games, music, and movies. He is a huge Heroes, House, 24 fan and loves western games like Call of Duty, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed. He was even an avid Smash Bros. player. However, despite his apparent interest in western media, I was the first foreigner he ever talked to. He kept on saying how fluent my Japanese was (which it isn't by a long shot...trust me), how cool it was that I was living in Japan, and how foreigner are all around better than Japanese. So he ended up friended me on Facebook and when I checked his, I kind of was surprised. In a very Twitter-ish way, he made continual updates about "I met this cool foreigner!" "Oh, he likes video games!" "I can't believe I am talking to a foreigner!" "His Japanese is good but my English is horrible ><" He made at least 25 of these posts.

On the other hand, I have been spat at, yelled at, punched, told to ho back home, and barred from various establishments. Japan loves foreigners yet discriminates them. Sorry if I seem doom and gloom or high and mighty. You may be interested in reading the blog about living in Japan I wrote. There is a link in my user profile. I would like to talk a more about this so, if you want, please PM![/COLLAPSE]

So to Takamaru,

What would be Takamaru's home stage? That would be pretty epic. For some odd reason, I am picturing Muramasa and Street Fighter Temple roof blended into one.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
This is more of a personal thing, but I kind of hope that Takamaru is sort of a homage to the character Himura Kenshin from Rurouni Kenshin/Samurai X. Like Takamaru being very nice yet awkward but serious and deadly in combat, similar to Kenshin. Maybe it won't show in Super Smash Bros too much due to the game not focusing on characterization, but a hypothetical The Mysterious Murasame Castle reboot.
I was hoping this every since I've known Takamaru since 2006 since I am a big Rerouni Kenshin fan. Sadly he did not meet my expectations in Samurai Warriors 3, but his Kenshin-esque quotes made up for it. Though, most of his goofy personality was used in Captain Rainbow since Tecmo wanted him to be serious business in their game.

@Venus Murasame Castle? Triple Dash (¯¯¯) did make a stage concept of that as far as I can remember.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Venus: Yeah I made one a ways back on the old thread. If you want to take a look it should be in the stage thread in the Backroom.

EDIT: Never mind, it'll just be easier if I re-post it. I think I could have done better with the layout, but Japanese architecture during the earlier periods is weird. :p

Taken from the final step in journey of the samurai apprentice Takamaru, it's the mysterious Murasame Castle!

Over all it's a pretty simple stage. As fighting takes place a top the highest balconey and roof of the castle.

The only main gimake is that occationally (if item's are turned on) friendly Tanookis will appear to aid fighters by dropping items if attacked. Also occasionally, the final boss, the Murasame Statue, itself will blast a hole in the center of the stage. However, just like the Metal Gears it does nothing but look on mensisingly.

Other then that it's a pretty atmospheric stage; it glows an eerie purple color and lightning repeatly strikes the top of the castle in the background. Also within the background one may see the 4 beginning castles Takamaru must visit can also be sited each all growing their own eerie colors. Along with Ninjas who jump around the stage's background.

Stage Name: Murasame Castle
Stage Icon: Japanese Castle

Stage Example:

x_______x
/xxxxxxxxx\
x________x

Tracks:
Nazo no Murasamejo - Main Theme - Douchuumen
Nazo no Murasamejo - Castle Theme
Nazo no Murasamejo - Murasame's Theme (Final Boss)
Famicom Detective Club Part II - Title Theme
Kirby's Adventure - Forest Area
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Summoning Dance
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Violet Sky
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages - Tarm Ruins
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge - Main Dungeon
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima (Brawl)
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Original) (Brawl)
Mega Man 6 - Yamato Man (If MM is in)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Taken from the final step in journey of the samurai apprentice Takamaru, it's the mysterious Murasame Castle!

Over all it's a pretty simple stage. As fighting takes place a top the highest balconey and roof of the castle.

The only main gimake is that occationally (if item's are turned on) friendly Tanookis will appear to aid fighters by dropping items if attacked. Also occasionally, the final boss, the Murasame Statue, itself will blast a hole in the center of the stage. However, just like the Metal Gears it does nothing but look on mensisingly.

Other then that it's a pretty atmospheric stage; it glows an eerie purple color and lightning repeatly strikes the top of the castle in the background. Also within the background one may see the 4 beginning castles Takamaru must visit can also be sited each all growing their own eerie colors. Along with Ninjas who jump around the stage's background.

Stage Name: Murasame Castle
Stage Icon: Japanese Castle

Stage Example:

x_______x
/xxxxxxxxx\
x________x

Tracks:
Nazo no Murasamejo - Main Theme - Douchuumen
Nazo no Murasamejo - Castle Theme
Nazo no Murasamejo - Murasame's Theme (Final Boss)
Famicom Detective Club Part II - Title Theme
Kirby's Adventure - Forest Area
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Summoning Dance
Hotel Dusk: Room 215 - Violet Sky
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons & Ages - Tarm Ruins
StarTropics II: Zoda's Revenge - Main Dungeon
Shin Onigashima - Shin Onigashima (Brawl)
Nazo no Murasamejo - Douchuumen (Original) (Brawl)
Mega Man 6 - Yamato Man (If MM is in)
Nice. Though, it would be nicer if there were to be some Sakura Samurai tracks. But, the stage concept staying true to the original game and sounding epic is satisfying enough.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Nice. Though, it would be nicer if there were to be some Sakura Samurai tracks. But, the stage concept staying true to the original game and sounding epic is satisfying enough.
Well I did make this concept before Sakura Samurai was even announced in Japan. :p

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
...what did you get out of that trailer? I didn't see any hints about other potential characters.
"Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper combines the much loved heroes of the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series in a story that also features characters from Ninja Gaiden, Warriors: Legends of Troy, Bladestorm, Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll, Dead or Alive and a new character made specifically for Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper!"

I found these on the SW forums and it was quoted from the info about this game. Probably the bolded is hinting a different guest from Nintendo or a new character altogether. The countless Koei and Tecmo third party characters from the original version of Warriors Orochi 3 doesn't count. Think about it, a Nintendo exclusive means there's bound to be more content. Link and Samus were costumes in one of Samurai Warriors games, which is a sign of Nintendo's great relationship with them. We might as well wait and see for further details.

The trailer was just a little extra since I saw nothing but a bunch of other Tecmo characters.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Ah, okay, it wasn't just the trailer. Personally, I think Takamaru fits the series the most of any potential character. Maybe someone from Fire Emblem could work, but that series is more western focused anyway.

As I'm not really a fan per say of the Warriors series, I'm wondering, is Warriors Orochi some kind of big crossover game or something? Nevermind.
Google? What's that?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah, okay, it wasn't just the trailer. Personally, I think Takamaru fits the series the most of any potential character. Maybe someone from Fire Emblem could work, but that series is more western focused anyway.

As I'm not really a fan per say of the Warriors series, I'm wondering, is Warriors Orochi some kind of big crossover game or something?
Warriors Orochi is crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors (or in this game's case: the addition of other Tecmo characters).

You're right about the part that Takamaru fits in very well. It would be rather sudden if they dropped him after the decent sales of Samurai Warrios 3 Wii.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
"Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper combines the much loved heroes of the Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors series in a story that also features characters from Ninja Gaiden, Warriors: Legends of Troy, Bladestorm, Trinity: Souls of Zill O’ll, Dead or Alive and a new character made specifically for Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper!"

I found these on the SW forums and it was quoted from the info about this game. Probably the bolded is hinting a different guest from Nintendo or a new character altogether. The countless Koei and Tecmo third party characters from the original version of Warriors Orochi 3 doesn't count. Think about it, a Nintendo exclusive means there's bound to be more content. Link and Samus were costumes in one of Samurai Warriors games, which is a sign of Nintendo's great relationship with them. We might as well wait and see for further details.

The trailer was just a little extra since I saw nothing but a bunch of other Tecmo characters.
The bolded is just referring to a brand new character entirely I think. Of the 2 new characters already revealed added to WO3's cast in Hyper, one is completely new entirely, so I imagine that comment is referring to them.

Though that doesn't really rule out the possibility of a Nintendo character appearing, as Koei have had Nintendo characters cameo in their games as you mentioned. Indeed, they could bring Takamaru back as they used him Samurai Warriors 3.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Back on the topic of Kamiya's interest in Nazo no Muresame-jo, I also have heard that he've been wanting to make a new Star Fox with the rest of Platinum Studios. If I were to pick between the two, he should totally revive Takamaru first since they did an amazing job with another Japanese themed game, Okami. Treasure or Retro Studios would be better off doing Star Fox since they make things much faster and are more experienced with shooters. Just thinking about a new Takamaru game with Metal Gear Revengeance's gameplay makes me want to drool. :D

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
He was the guy who did Okami!? Then yes definitely, it'd be almost too perfect to be true.

And out of curiosity, how many people here besides myself have played Nazo no Murasamejou?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
He was the guy who did Okami!? Then yes definitely, it'd be almost too perfect to be true.

And out of curiosity, how many people here besides myself have played Nazo no Murasamejou?
I had played it on a ROM disk full of Famicom games that my dad made a few years ago and it sure was rage-inducing.

rockmanz

Smash Rookie
UPDATE! I didn't think I would finish but after getting fired from my a recent job (micro-managing supervisor basically wanted me gone and didn't like me :p) I got some time to finish up the booklet and he took it with him. He got in Japan, got his pad (only 300 bucks a month) has a part-time job making about a grand a month and is going to school during the day as well as taking care of business. Once he gets internet he can track down Sakurai easier and get this done while keeping me in the loop.

Wow Japan actually makes it so you can live off of a part-time job. I'm not really a Japanomaniac but after hearing about this the US must really be in a crappy situation. I mean this is ridiculous...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
UPDATE! I didn't think I would finish but after getting fired from my a recent job (micro-managing supervisor basically wanted me gone and didn't like me :p) I got some time to finish up the booklet and he took it with him. He got in Japan, got his pad (only 300 bucks a month) has a part-time job making about a grand a month and is going to school during the day as well as taking care of business. Once he gets internet he can track down Sakurai easier and get this done while keeping me in the loop.

Wow Japan actually makes it so you can live off of a part-time job. I'm not really a Japanomaniac but after hearing about this the US must really be in a crappy situation. I mean this is ridiculous...
Good to hear how the situation is going. :)

BTW, what's your overall thoughts about Hideki Kamiya (the head of Platinum Studios) wanting to make a Nazo no Muresame-jo (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) reboot?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Not rockmanz, but my opinion on Hideki Kamiya directing a Nazo no Muresame-jo reboot is probably a good idea in particular. In particular I'd imagine Platinum Games and Sora Ltd working together on the game, with the game in question being a spiritual successor to both Okami and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

rockmanz

Smash Rookie
Good to hear how the situation is going. :)

BTW, what's your overall thoughts about Hideki Kamiya (the head of Platinum Studios) wanting to make a Nazo no Muresame-jo (The Mysterious Murasame Castle) reboot?
Couldn't ask for a better man for the job honestly. When did he express interest in the series?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
YES

Kenshin is probably my favorite anime character so I would snatch up the reboot instantly if this were to happen

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Speaking of bombs, I had an idea that as a down special Takamaru would throw a smoke bomb on the ground that would cover the area around him in dense smoke.

...Actually, I might post a move set sometime later. It might take a little while to polish it and brainstorm, but I have general idea based on varies techniques influenced by samurais and ninjas.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Speaking of bombs, I had an idea that as a down special Takamaru would throw a smoke bomb on the ground that would cover the area around him in dense smoke.

...Actually, I might post a move set sometime later. It might take a little while to polish it and brainstorm, but I have general idea based on varies techniques influenced by samurais and ninjas.
Smoke bombs? That is genious! Why didn't I think of that before? The smoke could be like the Smoke Ball, but gray and denser. It could be a rather good idea of a trap-like special to use in combat.

Having a little more ninja (other than just the shiruken) with the samurai-like style in his moveset would make him a very verstaile character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom