• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendog for Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS! (Assist Trophy status confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
While the Robo-Pup technically works in effectively side-stepping allegations of animal abuse, there is but one significant flaw in supporting such a character.

The Nintendogs (the domestic canines of various breeds), not the Robo-Pup (an artifical machine), are the iconic characters of their respective series. It would be unreasonable (based on Sakurai's personal criteria) to include less recognizably noticeable characters from a series with better options to choose from. You cannot expect to get away with adding, let's say, Magneton instead of Pikachu Metal Mario over Mario (would be a more appropriate comparison).

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Well the idea is make robopup a boss if we get Labrador Retriever as a playable character, im agree that robopup will be a terrible choice otherwise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Damn it, you guys are making me want a playable Nintendog. :troll:

Let's face it, there aren't many top-selling Nintendo franchises left that aren't in Smash yet... Animal Crossing series finally got Villager and Wii Fit series unexpectedly got Wii Fit Trainer... and the other franchises are generally aimed towards casual gamers... Wii Sports series obviously would get Mii and Miis are pretty much the closest thing we have to a shoo-in... Nintendogs series could get Nintendog, Brain Age series *ugh* could possibly get Dr. Kawashima *sigh*, even the popular StreetPass Mii Plaza app on the 3DS could get Wandering Heroes from the Find Mii game... even characters who aren't from casual games would be recognizable by casual gamers... these include Pac-Man, most famous for his arcade game even though he is third party, Little Mac, most famous for his NES and Wii games, and Takamaru, who got some attention from Nintendo Land... so to appeal the core gamers, we could always get Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles to accompany Mega Man.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Nintendog was the first sacrifice King Skull Kid had to make. I think he was just lonley though and needed a pet

Zigzagar

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendog was playable he should be a Dalmatian with a fireman hat

Moveset idea:

B- Bark
Barks out a sound that can knock opponents away

Side B- Bite
He will charge at you and bite with his teeth

Up B- Lick
Jumps up and licks the opponents

Down B- Dig
Digs underground and comes out to counter melee attacks

Final Smash- Nintendog Washing
He will scrub soap on you so it's hard to see you and he will wash you ending off with a big rainbow of dogs stampeding the stage

Welshy91

Smash Ace
So uh, is the PotD sufficient enough to put Nintendog down? Or has he already been added to the list of characters that won't be playable?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
That's too bad... I would have liked a playable Nintendog in Smash... especially if it is a giant puppy like Sadaharu.

While Nintendogs are real-life puppies... however, in the Smash Bros. universe, they are usually portrayed as giant puppies... both Labrador Retriever and French Bulldog appear as giant puppies when they are summoned as Assist Trophies... even in the Nintendogs stage, all characters are small like action figures as they fight on toy blocks with giant puppies playing in the background.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I wonder if they chose a different breed for the AT on purpose. I mean, I was surprised it wasn't the Labrador Retriever. Maybe it's a new gimmick where you get a different breed every time. Maybe Sakurai did this on purpose. Honestly I don't have much to go off of since there is only one picture of the AT.but maybe there is a slight possibility Nintendog can be playable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope there are some trophies from the Nintendogs series instead of just one for the Labrador Retriever in Brawl... SSB4 now has at least two different dog breeds (French Bulldog and Beagle).

You know... Nintendogs has always had games on the handhelds... but no games on the consoles... if there is a Nintendog character, the puppy's Wii U stage might be Duck Hunt... Labrador Retrievers are usually used as hunting dogs... or if the Duck Hunt Dog is a playable character, then the Nintendogs stage might be its stage on the 3DS.

Maybe Sakurai might surprise us with Duck Hunt Nintendog... a Nintendog puppy (Labrador Retriever) with some moves based off Duck Hunt... just like how Villager has a move based off Balloon Fight...

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The pic of the day says Smash Bros. doesn't always stay true to scale. :p
Giant Nintendog confirmed!
That's possible.... look at the giant puppy in J-Stars Victory Vs... Nintendog could be like that if it is playable.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be weird to see a real life puppy breathing fire and transforming into Giga Bowser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom