• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendog for Super Smash Bros. 4 Wii U/3DS! (Assist Trophy status confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
I just realized that PETA is only an American organization, so it wouldn't affect Smash Bros. studio in Japan at all.
Plus PETA is kinda an awful hypocritical program that actually kills more animals than it "saves" so not a lot of people really care what they do. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4D1godY4vI Penn and Teller's research on them.
But PETA aside, many of the general public still don't really wanna punch realistic puppies. I mean Nintendogs are supposed to be realistic right? I had a couple of adorable pups and I never really hoped they'd get in the ring with Link or Pikachu. Unless I could defend them or something, so maybe the trainer thing is...a step forward? But still I think Nintendogs have a great, perfect place as invincible assist trophies - and with a stage to call their own too!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
So if Nintendog ever get's announced. You think we'll see alt. skins for different dog breeds?
I think the alt. skin should be the dogs that were on many of the front covers of the games.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I've had a thought lately, in KI:U you could play as a dog in one of the chapters in KI:U, and it was based on a real life dog. Could this influence Nintendog's inclusion?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've had a thought lately, in KI:U you could play as a dog in one of the chapters in KI:U, and it was based on a real life dog. Could this influence Nintendog's inclusion?
Yeah, though all the dog did was look around for Magnus and Pit banters about what the dog thinks. I do remember Amaterasu (a realistic wolf) was in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, but she's a goddess in the form of a possessed wolf statue. He (The NIntendog) would a pretty fun character with a cute moveset, but the animal rights groups are the only problem that could get in the way of his inclusion. Duck Hunt Dog is pretty much off the hook since he's a cartoony dog that wouldn't feel out of place in Tom & Jerry. They may have changed their mind on Villager, but I can't see that happening with the Nintendog.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So if Sakurai realizes that Nintendog isn't the best option due to "PETA", but he still wants to represent the Nintendog franchise in the form of a character, do you guys think Robopup is the next best option?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So if Sakurai realizes that Nintendog isn't the best option due to "PETA", but he still wants to represent the Nintendog franchise in the form of a character, do you guys think Robopup is the next best option?
for the love of god, OMG FOR THE LAST ****ING TIME

yes

ShichibukaiJimbe

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, stop talking about peta like they are relevant or like they are a serious organization, it's turning really irritating

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
The daily picture made me d'aww. So cute, happy that he's in.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
You guys take predictions waaaay too serious.
This actually gives hopes for the brawl dog character.

No, is not going to happen, but the possibility is there and i like it.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Nintendog Labraodor Retriever will prevail. I have not lost hope!

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
I'll be more surprised if Nintendog gets more content, getting a stage, an AT, and an character. That seriously sounds like a pipe dream at this point. Also, we still have Robopup left, but I doubt still.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I'll be more surprised if Nintendog gets more content, getting a stage, an AT, and an character. That seriously sounds like a pipe dream at this point. Also, we still have Robopup left, but I doubt still.
If it was any other videogame franchise, everybody will be sure about a playable character xD
Robopup sounds like a really cool boss fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom