• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I'm very sorry to say this, but I must.
This really does reek of desperation, on Nintendo's part.

Last edited:

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
This speaks good things to the possibility of Smash DLC!

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Idk why Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario and Isabelle are in. I wouldve preferred K.Boo, Diddy Kong, E.Gadd, Funky Kong or Kirby.

This either is a hint at a new FZero game, or Nintendo saying that we wint be getting one and this is "compensation".. Im worried AND excited be if theres a new FZero I will NOT be getting MK8.

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
You mean I can pay $22 for things that could and should have been included in the $60 game I already bought, oh man I can hardly wait!

TheLegendOfVenusaur

Smash Apprentice
My god... give people a finger and they want your whole hand. Realy... blue falcon is a vehicle and people are saying "omg if c. falcon isn't in it... Link in Mario Kart?? I want Epona to be a vehicle and I want Hyrule Field and Death Mountain te be new tracks omg!"

Cuz yeah epona with a glider coming out from behind sounds really logical...
Really? You're really questioning logic in Mario Kart?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
You mean I can pay $22 for things that could and should have been included in the $60 game I already bought, oh man I can hardly wait!
You seriously think we should've had Link and Villager in the actual game? This is just supposed to be a fun extra.

Not sure where you got 22 dollars. It only costs 12 dollars if you buy both packs together.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Still no Dry Bones,,,

(And I love Wiggler, but I realize that that is just me)

Kamek would be great, too. We got the Magikruiser in MKWii... Amd ot was glorious. I want the real thing! ;(

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
I'm very sorry to say this, but I must.
This really does reek of desperation, on Nintendo's part.
If that was true, then we would have Diddy Kong and Funky Kong back while Battle Mode would've been redesigned, rushed and released by now. And looking from this, I wouldn't spread my DLCs too far to make quick profit. So it seems more like they know what they're doing.

If anything, Nintendo is testing out the DLC waters a little more. They're on the right track if you ask me.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
If that was true, then we would have Diddy Kong and Funky Kong back while Battle Mode would've been redesigned, rushed and released by now. And looking from this, I wouldn't spread my DLCs too far to make quick profit. So it seems more like they know what they're doing.

If anything, Nintendo is testing out the DLC waters a little more. They're on the right track if you ask me.
Considering this is a racing game they should be on (the) track :p

Jokes aside, I think this is good news for Smash as well. Characters who don't make the initial cut could be added later on to extend the lifespan of the game even more and add more variety to the roster. Plus people would get the game if it has their favourite character, 90% of the time!

Last edited:

tbtechwiz

Smash Apprentice
and now i feel CTGP's performance to wow tracks are on the ropes now since just made surpiror and PROPERLY SCALED versions of some tracs that wer HUGE, long, and bland in CTGP

i preordered mine and i got my favorite white and black yoshis back! ^_^

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
You mean offering something people wanted for a price that's a steal from the consumer to them? Yeah, real desperate.
Did I say desperate? Thats weird for a second I thought someone was taking what i posted and adding things to it i never said.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I now only want to race as Isabelle.

:093:

a28ant616

Smash Rookie
I hope they release an update alongside the dlc that allows you to play every single track in local multiplayer because they have the 32 race option now 40 then 48 would be awesome.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings

With the direction they've taken, they can now throw anything into a Mario game, and ANY Nintendo game in general, and we would be blind enough to accept that fact, every single time. the majority of posts on any site prove this, as they even go so far as to say the already well-known phrase: "Here's my money, Nintendo (throws at screen)". This would grant Nintendo more freedom to screw over their fans, by stealing more of our hard-earned money.
It's a shameless promotion, to hide their anxieties and worries over their future, because they've lost that creativity and innovation that made them leaders in the video game market. First Hyrule Warriors gets dumped on, now this, and I'm especially disappointed, because I'm a die-hard Zelda fan.
I'm not one that's ever going to accept these facts, blindly.

Last edited:

AceX19

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4656-5889-8524
Happy to see Link,Villager, and Isabelle be in Mario kart. but seriously after looking at Metal Mario, Baby Mario, Baby Peach and Pink gold peach do we REALLY need Tanoki Mario and Cat Peach! Sheesh Nintendo ! You could have at least brought back Funky Kong but HEY! Thats just my opinion

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Very annoyed that we're being forced to stare at this stuff we can't have for 6 months, but... damn if it's not good content.

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I'm curious to know just how many of us have already bought a DLC yet. I'm not afraid to proclaim my utter nerdism in picking up the DLC bundle today.

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
I almost cried when I saw these. I can't wait to use the boomerang flower as link! I'm buying both of these DLCs

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
With the direction they've taken, they can now throw anything into a Mario game, and ANY Nintendo game in general, and we would be blind enough to accept that fact, every single time. the majority of posts on any site prove this, as they even go so far as to say the already well-known phrase: "Here's my money, Nintendo (throws at screen)". This would grant Nintendo more freedom to screw over their fans, by stealing more of our hard-earned money. I'm not one that's ever going to accept that fact, blindly.
What do you mean by "stealing more of our hard-earned money?" They're not stealing anything. I don't see them with subscription fees to every game they have or charging their online services like XBL. All I see is persuading and it's not like they're going to delete the content the moment you buy it. That would make no sense whatsoever.

They don't have a lot of freedom for that since they already mess up their marketing to the Wii U. So, they would just hurt themselves if they cause another backlash to the consumers. Besides, knowing that we're getting something than nothing for games we already own does help things in the long run for them. People do this not because they're sheep but because they actually do like their games. These kind of surprises are not easily seen from Nintendo. It's almost insane with how much we're getting from them as a whole.

I get it though. They do tend to copy and paste their games and it'll still sell. And congrats for not being a blind sheep to that I guess. Still, if the game(s) is still fun for people and they do things differently with newer titles, then I really don't see what's the issue here. It's not like Nintendo is the only gaming company that does this or beyond worse than what they're doing now.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Got the bundle and the free mercades-benz today. Those multi-coloured yoshis and shy guys are awesome, can't wait for the actual characters!

AppleCracker

Smash Apprentice
The villager has the same hairstyle and hair color as my Animal Crossing character. I think I found a new main.

Last edited:

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
:4diddy:Diddy???? Where are you???? Seriously, I like Link, I even like the Animal Crossing characters (never played those games, but still cool for those who have) and Dry Bowser returning is awesome, but the fact that they put yet ANOTHER version of Mario and Peach in this game over Diddy Kong is just...

**takes off glasses** BANANAS.:troll:

....But seriously.... what's up with that?

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
What do you mean by "stealing more of our hard-earned money?" They're not stealing anything. I don't see them with subscription fees to every game they have or charging their online services like XBL. All I see is persuading and it's not like they're going to delete the content the moment you buy it. That would make no sense whatsoever.

They don't have a lot of freedom for that since they already mess up their marketing to the Wii U. So, they would just hurt themselves if they cause another backlash to the consumers. Besides, knowing that we're getting something than nothing for games we already own does help things in the long run for them. People do this not because they're sheep but because they actually do like their games. These kind of surprises are not easily seen from Nintendo. It's almost insane with how much we're getting from them as a whole.

I get it though. They do tend to copy and paste their games and it'll still sell. And congrats for not being a blind sheep to that I guess. Still, if the game(s) is still fun for people and they do things differently with newer titles, then I really don't see what's the issue here. It's not like Nintendo is the only gaming company that does this or beyond worse than what they're doing now.
"They don't have a lot of freedom for that since they already mess up their marketing to the Wii U."
"It's almost insane with how much we're getting from them as a whole."

Desperate times always call for desperate measures.

Last edited:

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
yeah, i'm also wondering why they didn't put Diddy Kong in... Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach are nice but why do we actually have 3 mario's and 3 Peaches this time? I didn't even count the horrible babies so that'll add up to 4 from both characters actually. And the only ones being used are metal mario and pink gold peach, cuz weight is all when online.

Top Bottom