• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Really? They add two more costumes for Mario and Peach and even non-Mario characters, but they don't add Bowser Jr. or Diddy? Ugh. Also they seem to add F-zero content to everything but F-zero...

Still happy there are dlc packs coming out. I'm excited for some new tracks, and this bodes well for potential Smash dlc.

31gma

Smash Cadet
NNID
yrba10
I hope one of the hidden karts in pack 1 includes Epona with rocket boosters like this

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Did you guys notice that Cat Peach is wearing glove? Cat suits were supposed to wear gloves in Super Mario 3D World but was cut.

Busterbie

Smash Cadet
3 months to go.... Yay
Anyways still hyped, really glad were getting tracks..
The question is, how will it work online?
Also it's kinda crazy the second dlc pack is 9 months away

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
F-Zero track and Kart! Link and Zelda Track!! Isabelle, Villager and AC track!!! EXCITEBIKE COURSE!!!! Nintendo, take my money and take it now!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
My god... give people a finger and they want your whole hand. Realy... blue falcon is a vehicle and people are saying "omg if c. falcon isn't in it... Link in Mario Kart?? I want Epona to be a vehicle and I want Hyrule Field and Death Mountain te be new tracks omg!"

Cuz yeah epona with a glider coming out from behind sounds really logical...

Ragna22

Smash Ace
I find Link's inclusion funny because I'm just imagining him trying to figure out how to get a car to work since he's never even seen one, the driving test must've been comical.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
They revealed the pricing for over here in the states. $8 separate, or buy the bundle for $12.

THIS IS HOW DLC IS SUPPOSED TO BE DONE! Good job Nintendo, there's a reason why I love you most.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
My god... give people a finger and they want your whole hand. Realy... blue falcon is a vehicle and people are saying "omg if c. falcon isn't in it... Link in Mario Kart?? I want Epona to be a vehicle and I want Hyrule Field and Death Mountain te be new tracks omg!"

Cuz yeah epona with a glider coming out from behind sounds really logical...
What I want is a Epona themed bike similar to the Yoshi Bike. That'd actually make at least a little bit of sense. Although if you wanted to go all out they could do things like the Spirit Train Kart or King of Red Lions Kart.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Also, people keep talking about how odd it looks that Link is riding a bike, just wait until he's riding the GLA XD

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
The 10th anniversairy of F Zero's death approaches and we get another ****-tease with no follow up to the franchise. Nice.....

I hate nintendo.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
The 10th anniversairy of F Zero's death approaches and we get another ****-tease with no follow up to the franchise. Nice.....

I hate nintendo.
F-Zero is suffering from Advance Wars syndrome. Despite the series' being completely different, because they are in the same genre Nintendo thinks that Mario Kart can replace F-Zero and nobody will mind.

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
$12 for both, AND 8 colors of Yoshi and 8 Colors of shy guy? Heck yeah. Buying this afternoon.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Does anyone think there will be further DLC for Mario Kart 8?

If so, what would be your DLC pack?
Well before the DLC, there were 4 Cup icons unused in the game's files. These included Yoshi Egg (In this pack), Shine Sprite, Blue Shell, and a Boo. The last three are still unused, and could hint at vets returning like Bowser Jr. for the Shin Sprite cup and Dry Bones and King Boo for the Boo cup. There may even be another cup making 8 total DLC Cups and 32 new tracks. Although it's completely possible the Shine Sprite, Blue Shell, and Boo icons were replaced with the Cat Bell, Animal Crossing Leaf, and Triforce icons.

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
Well before the DLC, there were 4 Cup icons unused in the game's files. These included Yoshi Egg (In this pack), Shine Sprite, Blue Shell, and a Boo. The last three are still unused, and could hint at vets returning like Bowser Jr. for the Shin Sprite cup and Dry Bones and King Boo for the Boo cup. There may even be another cup making 8 total DLC Cups and 32 new tracks.
With the update released today, we have a whole world of possibilities. I'm all for nintendo releasing as much DLC for MK8 as they want. They know, and I know, that I, along with hundreds of thousands more people, will purchase all of it.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
With the update released today, we have a whole world of possibilities. I'm all for nintendo releasing as much DLC for MK8 as they want. They know, and I know, that I, along with hundreds of thousands more people, will purchase all of it.
My heart would stop if they did something crazy like put Diddy Kong Racing or Kirby Air Ride courses in the game, redesigned for Mario Kart. I doubt it'll happen though :(

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
True, but while he isn't, he's usually there in the spinoffs/sports games like DK. I know DK's far more relevant to the Mario series than Diddy is and spin offs aren't canon etc, but it's not like he's been out of place this whole time either.
I'm in no way trying to rain on anyones parade by complaining or stating how I feel about this D: And I'm happy for everyone who can appreciate this, it's just going to take me a bit to accept it I suppose.
But you're on a Smash forum, it should be easy to accept Link in Mario's Universe D:

KidKrimzon

Smash Cadet
NNID
KidKrimzon
"nope no smsh dlc"
"are you sure"
"listen scrub, we're smashboards we know all about this game"

But today... we have seen how far Nintendo will go to recover it's company

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Gahhh!!! This is so awesome.. I want Link but Cat Peach and Tanooki Mario?? Really??

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Is all of this a hint of a kart game in the fashion of Smash Bros? That said it would be cool that Samus, Yellow Rat, Fox, Ness, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are all playable characters too, that would make me consider buy a Wii U. Come on Nintendo, make it happen.

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
I don't know how you were planning to avoid spoilers between the day of the leak til October release if you use the internet. Plus Japan gets the game in about 2 weeks so why fight it?
Oh, my bad. I thought it was an international release on October 3. If I had known that the Japanese release was so soon, I wouldn't have even bothered.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
"nope no smsh dlc"
"are you sure"
"listen scrub, we're smashboards we know all about this game"

But today... we have seen how far Nintendo will go to recover it's company
You mean offering something people wanted for a price that's a steal from the consumer to them? Yeah, real desperate.

Top Bottom