• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If Smash wasn't enough, we have Pokken Tournament and now this? I.....is this even real? I have always dreamed of having Link in Mario Kart! Or even better yet, Ganondorf! And then Animal Crossing characters? I really hope they do throw in Samus and Metroid stuff because that would be pretty cool. A course where you are driving away from Ridley would be amazing. Man, Nintendo is pulling out all of the stops.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Kinda dissapointed with the inclusion of Cat Mario and Cat Peach, like, will they take up a spot on the character select screen or be alternate costumes? Surprised they didn't throw in Green Bronze Luigi XD.

Link's look in this game really fits the Mario asthetic.

MagicManNo9

A busy man with a busy schedule these days!
I'm so confused, WHY IS IT OUT OF STOCK, HOW CAN DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT BE OUT OF STOCK ;-;

Either way, I'm hyped!

Yakko93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ohmy1985
Villager, as if Luigi's death stare wasn't enough. Also, if an update is allowing amiibo usage, maybe that same (or another) update will allow GCN controllers.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This is amazing!

I'm really hoping for more guest characters. Zelda, Tom Nook, Captain Falcon himself... maybe they could even add Olimar!

They also need to bring back Diddy Kong, Bowser Jr, and King Boo.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm officially getting a Wii U now.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Not even the lack of Balloon Battle courses can spoil the hype felt by this announcement. But seriously, Nintendo, we really want some Balloon Battle course DLC too.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Looks like anything is possible now. Seeing Link in a Mario Kart game literally blew my mind away...and how about that Blue Falcon though. xD

Looks like by the time it comes out in the U.S., I'll try to play Mario Kart 8 more often. I'll have a blast beating everyone not just as Rosalina...but also as Link.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
In case anyone left was saying "Nintendo doesn't do DLC for first party games. Smash Bros. wont have DLC".
Anyways, my mind is full of wat.

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Kinda dissapointed with the inclusion of Cat Mario and Cat Peach, like, will they take up a spot on the character select screen or be alternate costumes? Surprised they didn't throw in Green Bronze Luigi XD.

Link's look in this game really fits the Mario asthetic.
Well there is dry bowser

Master Shuckle

Master of Defense
NNID
Master-Shuckle
3DS FC
3196-4660-1846
Person 1: Hey you got your Zelda in my Mario game

Nintendo: Problem? Okay we will cancel it

Person 2: for love of everything please don't!

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
YES! Finnaly my dream has come true Link in Mario Kart! Sadly not getting a Wii U until Holiday season...

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
this is awesome! the second pack in may 2015?? seems very far. I know they probably need to make the dlc. Hopefully there is more stuff coming! keep it coming!!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Ive always said anything but Wario is gravy. This is a lot of gravy.

cool... Cat peach and Tanooki Mario. What about Biker Wario.

Last edited:

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
Sakurai: “Good evening, for today’s Nintendo Smash Brothers Direct, for Smash Bros for 3DS and Wii U, we will be talking about everyone’s favorite topic, Ridley.”

"Unfortunately, he will not be joining the fight this time, as we felt that the character would be too large, and unfamiliar in comparison to the rest of the cast. Please understand."

"However, with Amiibo support, you can now enjoy your favorite Metroid villain, in a new capacity."
"We hope you will enjoy experiencing this character, in a brand new way, as a Mario Kart 8 racer."

Last edited:

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
PRICE IS CONFIRMED

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Two new downloadable content packs will take the world of Mario Kart 8 in directions the franchise has never seen before, while significantly expanding game-play options. The packs, which launch this fall and in spring of 2015, and are available for advance purchase starting Aug. 27 at $7.99 each (or $11.99 for both), deliver a ton of new content, including first-time crossover characters like Link from The Legend of Zelda franchise and both Isabelle and the Villager from the Animal Crossing series.
Entire post with information: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127226582&postcount=1644

Get hyped people. 12 dollars is a steal

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While I was sad at the complete lack of Diddy, Dry Bones, and Bowser Jr. on MK8, I am pretty psyched about Link, Isabelle, and Villager. Though I am a bit surprised they didn't include Kirby seeing as how he was featured in the Rosalina reveal trailer. It seemed really natural for him to be in the Kart series. Anyways, I imagine the Legend of Zelda track will be Skyloft seeing as how it is the most recent and the version of Link is from Skyward Sword. Plus, Skyloft would make for a very interesting location.

EndlessSmash

Smash Cadet
The good captain will finally have his glorious moment on the racetrack!

Here's hoping Sm4sh would have DLCs in the future.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Dry Bowser? Yeeeeeeeaaaah buddy! I'm getting that the first day I get a Wii Ul

Greninja'd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Asianbanana
3DS FC
0645-5951-1667
Holy crap to much info coming at me all at once.
The DLC, Pokken Tournament and the leaks.
So much hype.

Top Bottom