• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Unveils New Zelda, Animal Crossing, and F-Zero DLC For Mario Kart 8!

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
"They don't have a lot of freedom for that since they already mess up their marketing to the Wii U."
"It's almost insane with how much we're getting from them as a whole."

Desperate times always call for desperate measures.
And I really don't see them being desperate. Their release marketing failed due to too much similarity to the original Wii. So they are changing up their strategy a bit and it's slowly working. It was only a matter of time when Nintendo joined the DLC concept more so outside of Pokemon. They're still try to pump out with quality for their games, so it's not like they're going UMvC3 on us.

It's fine to be critical but you're pretty much fear-mongering that they're taking your money for granted. If you don't like Nintendo games now these days, then you have more change in your pocket. Otherwise, to say they're running out of ideas and rushing weak ones out the gate is silly.

Last edited:

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Question: can multiple people play as the yoshis and shy guys in local multiplayer? (Like I play as green yoshi, my friend picks blue yoshi)
Yep, just tested, and you can just pick them normally from the main menu for both players. Just the same as
miis

Here's a picture I took.

(sorry for the bad quality, took the image off the gamepad screen with my phone, not off the TV, though it should still be good enough.)

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
And I really don't see them being desperate. Their release marketing failed due to too much similarity to the original Wii. So they are changing up their strategy a bit and it's slowly working. It was only a matter of time when Nintendo joined the DLC concept more so outside of Pokemon. They're still try to pump out with quality for their games, so it's not like they're going UMvC3 on us.

It's fine to be critical but you're pretty much fear-mongering that they're taking your money for granted. If you don't like Nintendo games now these days, then you have more change in your pocket. Otherwise, to say they're running out of ideas and rushing weak ones out the gate is silly.
"If you don't like Nintendo games now these days, then you have more change in your pocket."
Um, duh?!
Try telling many OTHERS that!
And as for the fear-mongering, if you think I'm even TRYING to scare others out of purchasing Nintendo, you're point is equally silly. It just takes someone with intelligence to know that the best days of Nintendo are gone.

Last edited:

Narpas_sword

speed is only good if youre not getting ****ed by every item ever.

Every time i have a horn in first, i swear the lightning hits 3 seconds before the spiney =(

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
"If you don't like Nintendo games now these days, then you have more change in your pocket."
Um, duh?!
Try telling many OTHERS that!
And as for the fear-mongering, if you think I'm even TRYING to scare others out of purchasing Nintendo, you're point is equally silly. It just takes someone with intelligence to know that the best days of Nintendo are gone.
I'm not telling that to others because I still like Nintendo for the most part like said others. I'm no sheep since I don't buy all of their games, but neither do I consider them completely failing the gaming market or out of desperation to get a quick buck. They're not really that far in the red to say, "Ok! We need to do something, and something fast!"

Also, you're silly to call my comment silly. Your summary of Nintendo from the very first post in this thread reeks of the thought. I seriously can't think of it any other way. Why would a company that's slowly but surely climbing out of debt be consider desperate when they're giving two DLCs very far apart from each other? All that does is keep them a float for a little bit, but they're solely be focusing on their games anyways. Besides, they have other games coming out. The holiday season is approaching after all.

And who cares if it's not their best days? Only fear-mongers care about that sort of thing and it's clearly not a reasonable argument since it happens to many companies before. Some will climb out, others won't. And I really don't see Nintendo hitting the floor any time soon.

Last edited:

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
Nobody here seemed to mention the product placem-- uhh, i mean the sweet mercedes-benz karts. They're pretty cool, tbh. Also, love the new update.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
I don't think the DLC is over. Found this on DYKG, and that is the same yoshi egg icon we saw in the shop in-game.

SmashHole '82

Banned via Warnings
I'm not telling that to others because I still like Nintendo for the most part like said others. I'm no sheep since I don't buy all of their games, but neither do I consider them completely failing the gaming market or out of desperation to get a quick buck. They're not really that far in the red to say, "Ok! We need to do something, and something fast!"

Also, you're silly to call my comment silly. Your summary of Nintendo from the very first post in this thread reeks of the thought. I seriously can't think of it any other way. Why would a company that's slowly but surely climbing out of debt be consider desperate when they're giving two DLCs very far apart from each other? All that does is keep them a float for a little bit, but they're solely be focusing on their games anyways. Besides, they have other games coming out. The holiday season is approaching after all.

And who cares if it's not their best days? Only fear-mongers care about that sort of thing and it's clearly not a reasonable argument since it happens to many companies before. Some will climb out, others won't. And I really don't see Nintendo hitting the floor any time soon.

"A company that's slowly but surely climbing out of debt"
Nope, they keep losing money, year after year.
"I really don't see Nintendo hitting the floor any time soon."
See my above comment.
"And who cares if it's not their best days?"
Nintendo fans care. Because they're smarter than you think.
Oh, by the way;
Nintendo's now releasing a "better" 3DS, and 3DS XL! That's what we needed, right, considering Nintendo's doing so horribly with that system (insert sarcasm here).
And let's not forget Nintendo's stance on NES Remix: "NES Remix went to Wii U because it needed more power than 3DS offers". That's a real article from Gamespot, and, what do we have here? NES Remix on the 3DS is coming in November! YIPPEE!!!
So, to conclude, I'm finished with Nintendo after Smash, and I'm finished with you.

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
"A company that's slowly but surely climbing out of debt"
Nope, they keep losing money, year after year.
"I really don't see Nintendo hitting the floor any time soon."
See my above comment.
"And who cares if it's not their best days?"
Nintendo fans care. Because they're smarter than you think.
Oh, by the way;
Nintendo's now releasing a "better" 3DS, and 3DS XL! That's what we needed, right, considering Nintendo's doing so horribly with that system (insert sarcasm here).
And let's not forget Nintendo's stance on NES Remix: "NES Remix went to Wii U because it needed more power than 3DS offers". That's a real article from Gamespot, and, what do we have here? NES Remix on the 3DS is coming in November! YIPPEE!!!
So, to conclude, I'm finished with Nintendo after Smash, and I'm finished with you.
Well, you might as well be done with this forum because it's a huge pool of it. But you know what? Good, because your arguments are getting opinionated and all over the place at this rate. Also, I'm a Nintendo fan, so that's ad hominem about fans > me is a huge oxymoron. So way to attack practically everyone on this website (even fans know when there company isn't doing well, but said company is not going to die out no matter how much fear-mongering you'll do). I'm not in denial of their problems, but they're clearly not dying out nor being desperate about it. And these recent actions are showing it.

On the 3DS bit, let me clear something to you. It's pretty much a usual thing for Nintendo to update their handhelds to a newer model, especially for their new concepts like the Amiibo system that wouldn't work with the older models or wasn't ready yet near launch date. If you look carefully at that part at least, then that might be the reason why they do this. Yeah, don't question my intelligence when yours isn't any better. And Gamespot...yeah, not the best place to get information from. Try to get it from Nintendo or a source close to them next time. But yeah, /ignore.

Last edited:

gmanownyou

Smash Cadet
NNID
gmanownyou
3DS FC
0946-3091-2616
Pre-ordered and everything. I can't wait to play on Mute City. I also can't wait for a new remix of it!

Chris Sifniotis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
chrissifniotis
I just realized; apart from the Pipe Frame, as far as I know the Blue Falcon is the first returning kart for Mario Kart 8. Does anyone else think there's a possibility we'll see more?

Also, Captain Falcon for MK8!!!

Top Bottom