• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces New 3DS with a C-Stick!

Makarew

Smash Rookie
What the heck does North America get? Europe gets preorder stuff and all the other things. Japan gets this. NA better be amazing.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
This is really cool! One problem though. If you have a 3ds already you don't really need to buy another one.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
No. I just bought my Pokémon XY XL last year, and I'm not buying another 3DS.

There will be a NFC add-on for 3DS, and maybe, just maybe a C-Stick add-on. Worst comes to worst, I'll just deal with no C-Stick.

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Are you happy now, Nintendo? You made me both happy and poor at the same time. How are you NOT doing better than sony and microsoft in the console wars?

noahk777

Smash Journeyman
NNID
noahgk
Maybe the reason this is selling in Japan only at the moment is because Nintendo isn't dedicated to this. Maybe they are thinking it's gonna crash like the N64 Disk Drive or Virtual Boy
Do you really think that theres any chance this won't succeed

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Do you really think that theres any chance this won't succeed
Obviously people don't plan on upgrading as seen in these replies. So maybe? It's all based on Japans success with it for it to be localized though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
As long as games are not exclusive to the NEW 3DS, I don't mind or care. I am playing Xenoblade on Wii anyway. I just got a 3DS XL last year, that too Pokemon X and Y edition!

But if they announce too many exclusive games on it, I will be pissed. They should use that CPU to beef up the graphics slightly, not make exclusive games!

Atleast I can still MH4 on my 3DS XL with the CPP XL!

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
everyone keeps complaining about how they just got a new hand held and how sakurai is trolling them for their purchase. I got my 3DS when it first came out (i don't know why, but i did). I'm going to buy the **** out of this new 3DS because i REALLY need an upgrade. I've been thinking of getting an XL lately, but when i saw this i knew i was going to get it instead. Here's hoping that the price will drop from the japan release before it comes to america. Not saying that it's expensive (compared to a new PSP vita, this thing is like $2) but it would really help me out. I'm already poor from hyrule warriors, smash bros. 3DS and wii u (the awesome bundle deal one with the GC controller port), all mario kart 8 dlc, pokemon omega ruby (gotta love that groundon), and soon to join the list is this god send. Now all they have to do is make a new f-zero, metroid, and star fox game and i will praise nintendo as my new god.

Last edited:

Boss N

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Boss-N
3DS FC
0044-3869-2757
Does anyone know if game data from your previous 3DS can be transferred over to this new one? I still haven't pre-ordered Sm4sh 3D yet cuz I was just gonna download it, but if I won't be able to transfer games I might have to scramble for a pre-order a month before release! :crazy:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Does anyone know if game data from your previous 3DS can be transferred over to this new one? I still haven't pre-ordered Sm4sh 3D yet cuz I was just gonna download it, but if I won't be able to transfer games I might have to scramble for a pre-order a month before release! :crazy:
As long as you use the same NNID you should be able to re-download Smash 4 on your new system if you can't transfer it over.

Suli Hyuga

Smash Cadet
They shoulda announced this sooner. People have gone out of their way to buy a 3DS JUST for Smash and now they announce a new 3DS with a C-Stick?! lol no thanks, I'll stick to the current 3DS for now.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Competitive and Rich Smash players:New 3DS
Casual and normal Smash players:3DS
I gave the bew 3DS 80 out of 100, the features are awesome but the colors and looks look like a 3DS prototype if you ask me.

Andromear

Smash Cadet
They should of told us about the new 3DS ealier so we could of know not to buy the one on sell now.

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Yep, pretty sure you can transfer.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
I'll wait for the
New Super Ultra 3DS NES Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha XL With Circle Pad Pro

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
They shoulda announced this sooner. People have gone out of their way to buy a 3DS JUST for Smash and now they announce a new 3DS with a C-Stick?! lol no thanks, I'll stick to the current 3DS for now.
It's not just the C-Stick. It's the customizable palettes, the battery life, the 3D Mode, the size increase, XENOBLADE CHRONICLES, a better CPU, built in amiibo, and a better screen for brighter colors.

Drazile

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3797-5765-7295
I'm so glad that my 3DS is broken and that I haven't upgraded to 3DSXL now :D
...although I'll probably have to wait like a year or something.

ShaDoW4408

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shadow4408
3DS FC
3668-9102-9707
price-is-right-winner-gif.gif
Oh my goodness the price is right thank you 180$ burst was right!!!

Last edited:

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
A lot of people did want the og 3ds to get a redesign similar to the current xl and we got it now ✌ Both designs look really nice

Kirbybrawl

Smash Cadet
Gee thanks Nintendo...

Guess I'm gonna have to grab one of these. On the bright side, it'll make Kingdom Hearts a lot more tolerable to play...

But not until 2015, huh? That's kind of interesting considering the Smash 3DS that's coming out. They're basically selling you an outdated product you'll need to trade in within a few months.
They know it'll sell either way. It sucks there not coming out worldwide this year

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nice to see the 3D getting improved... Probably may are going to buy it after their old 3DS gets broken after some intense Smash Bros playing

SupremeSuperiorStick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sohaii
GODAMNIT IT NINTENDO WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THIS BEFORE?! I JUST BOUGHT A NEW 3DS XL FOR SMASH. UGH.

Well I'm pretty sure this means that Smash for 3DS will have Circle-Pad Pro support, which is a good thing at least.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
The N3DS makes sense in the context of the Japanese market, because it's basically built to make the 3DS more able to accommodate things like Smash and big RPGs that tend to be better suited to consoles. Consoles are pretty much dead in Japan, so I suspect most of the exclusive content will be Wii ports. People who just bought a 3DS probably don't need to worry too much about future support for the vanilla 3DS, but missing out on all of the cool new features sucks.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Wow Sakurai really hears his fans. At last all of those whiners from Gamexplain can shut up that say the controls suck and people that say no C-Stick ( though a legit complain) can finally stop criticizing Smash 3DS.

Top Bottom