• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo Announces New 3DS with a C-Stick!

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Sooooooo, how much does this cost in american dollars?
We don't know yet, but I'm guessing $159.99 possibly for the normal one.
Edit: Re-reading this article, turns out most likely $154 for the normal one. Man, my guess was so close! :p

Last edited:

Crazc

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RJB0077
3DS FC
2191-8077-5809
18,800 yen for new 3DS LL = ~170ish USD before japan related costs.

Probably $199 in america.
you must hot have read the article thoroughly. they give an exact price. i expect it to cost the same if not less than the current models.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Seriously, the annouce of the new 3ds makes my 3ds look like an antique.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Absolutely love it. Having the original 3DS I was waiting for a more major change in the line to come out. SUPER SIZED and NOW WITH NO 3D OR PORTABILITY don't cut it.

This, however, seems worth the purchase. Can't wait to test out the second pad for Kid Icarus.

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo 2DS
Nintendo New 3DS
Nintendo New 3DS XL
Nintendo New Super 3DS XL Ultra α ++

in all seriousness, half of the 'new' specs should've have been on the original release 3DS.
im actually pissed that theyre only doing this now. Especially during this gen.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
This is merely speculation, but a better CPU could mean GBA and SNES games on the virtual console.

R0Y

Smash Master
Well, good thing I held out on ever getting a regular XL, lol.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
This is great and all but there a few problems with, and its not the design. For one and this just speculation, but why buy this if you have or can just buy a circle pad pro, which is signficantly cheaper than buying a brand new 3DS, especially if you just happened to buy one recently. On top of that and I am sure many have already heard they are releasing a Xenoblade Chronicles port onto it and it will only be playable on it. Now while that doesn't matter to me personally what does that say about the future, what if future games only end up being on the New 3DS and you end up being forced to buy another 3DS? This will really suck for those that just bought got one within the last year or two. I think its cool and all, if we're going to be forced to buy another system for games that won't be playable on the normal 3DS' then that is going to suck.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
Milk NA with the old console for Christmas time then pop out a new one.
What a very shady practice. I grow tired of japan first NA whenever.
If they can do it for pokemon why not other things?

This is merely speculation, but a better CPU could mean GBA and SNES games on the virtual console.
GBA is already on 3ds VC
They just don't want to put them out for everyone.

Last edited:

R0Y

Smash Master
Milk NA with the old console for Christmas time then pop out a new one.
What a very shady practice. I grow tired of japan first NA whenever.
If they can do it for pokemon why not other things?

GBA is already on 3ds VC
They just don't want to put them out for everyone.
They don't want to sell them because they don't work like other VC titles on the 3DS. Those Ambassador titles run like DS or DSi software, which means no home button for using a multi-tasking application.

IronFish

Smash Ace
This is really in-touch with hardcore gamers, yet at the same time one of the most idiotic decisions I have ever seen, not the actual 3DSi (that's what I'm calling it) but the fact Japan get it a whole several months before us. Worst decision of the decade Nintendo.

Last edited:

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
They don't want to sell them because they don't work like other VC titles on the 3DS. Those Ambassador titles run like DS or DSi software, which means no home button for using a multi-tasking application.
What does it matter? You have to close the game to open anything else anyways be it VC or 3ds games. Thats not strong enough to justify putting hand held vc on wii and not the 3ds.

Last edited:

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
This is really in-touch with hardcore gamers, yet at the same time one of the most idiotic decisions I have ever seen, not the actual 3DSi (that's what I'm calling it) but the fact Japan get it a whole several months before us. Worst decision of the decade Nintendo.
Its actually good that we wait here for developments, japan is FAR more handheld focused than any other region, stuff like this MATTERS to them more than anyone, here in the west you can expect bundles and extra bonuses for trade ins to get everyone to the new model, information I WANT from NOA and NOE so I can call this a reasonable deal. But otherwise its rad for the hardcore.

Liggli

Smash Apprentice
With the New 3DS downloading quicker is probably due to a better network card, not a better CPU.

But I haven't looked into this that much and are waiting for detailed specifications.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well... guess I'll be upgrading whenever this comes out near us. Slightly bigger screen, more buttons, AND a Xenoblade port? How could I pass that up?

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
So glad I waited to upgrade. I was just contemplating upgrading to the XL recently too in case the OG 3DS's screens are too small for smash.

KCsmash

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KaceyProGamer
3DS FC
5386-8840-6815
Instead of buying a New 3DS you could be buying a WII U...

Gazdakka Gizbang

Smash Apprentice
Ha! So glad I didn't blow my money on an XL before now :D

I never thought I'd say this, but just this once: Thanks, economically-bankrupt climate...

Last edited:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
God that White 3Ds with the Famicom-esque colored buttons looks so damn cool! I hope they put that color for the LL though. Fingers crossed...

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Soooooooo... Is the Smash C-stick usage limited to specifically that new model, or can it be used with a Circle Pad Pro?

I'm actually a little pissed off. I just upgraded to a 3DS XL, invested in a CPP and a 32GB SD card for storage. If I can't use this thing for some games or the way I want to play Smash... Yeah. Pissed.

JUr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JorgeUr
3DS FC
4957-3388-8097
Nice upgrade o.o

The problem is that I'm poor so I feel the need to criticize and convince myself and stop the suffering of my wallet...

Not a fan of the colored buttons and the position of the C-Stick...

And that's all I can think about it :(

(I hope that there isn't a exclusive game that makes me buy a new3ds u.u)

Am I the only one who thinks that "c-stick" looks awkward to use? It reminds me of that little plastic nub in the middle of old laptop keyboards.

I like the removable face plates, better CPU, and most of all the Super Famicom buttons, but the fact that there's going to be games that are exclusive to this new model is really lame. It's shutting out the millions of people who already bought the original.

I keep seeing people comparing it to the Game Boy Advance, but at least that was a huge step up from it's predecessor. This is just adding some minor features, yet it's still getting an exclusive title (and will probably be getting more.)

SonataSystem

Smash Rookie
Looks like I'll have to sell my 3DS XL and buy the new one. Or buy the New 3DS and keep my XL? Who knows, I'll see when it comes out.

Goronix

Smash Rookie
I feel so stupid for recently buying my XL. -__-
And it sucks knowing I have to cough up money again so I could be up to date and the fact that there's exclusives, make it seem like it's a required upgrade...

Thanks for letting us know ahead of time, Nintendo. ;_;
I don't understand. This IS him letting us know ahead of time. No matter what there will always be people who buy a 3DS just before a new one is announced, you just happen to be one of those people. It doesn't even come out for us until 2015 so I think that maybe you could ask for money this Christmas and get it after. Also, this is not at all a required upgrade, it's to your benefit.

Top Bottom